PDA

View Full Version : This team cannot be considered a contender

Walton Buys Off Me
12-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Not with efforts like tonight's against the worst team in the West and Saturday night against the worst team in the East.

Disgraceful, disgusting and embarassing.

My condolenses to the poor people that paid to see one of the most pathetic performances I've ever seen from this franchise.

SequSpur
12-20-2006, 10:14 PM
matt bonner played in the first half :lmao

ChumpDumper
12-20-2006, 10:14 PM
As long as we don't meet the worst teams in the league in the playoffs, we'll be ok.

SequSpur
12-20-2006, 10:16 PM
As long as we don't meet the worst teams in the league in the playoffs, we'll be ok.

:lmao

Walton Buys Off Me
12-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Can someone please post a recap of Tony Parker's fourth quarter? The way I see it, he either turns the ball over or missesd a shot.

Is there a starter in th NBA- and I'm being serious- is there a starter in the entire NBA less clutch than Tony Parker?

ChumpDumper
12-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Eh, he thought he had the rest of the night off.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-20-2006, 10:21 PM
You do realize the Spurs are crushing the NBA in point differential right now

ChumpDumper
12-20-2006, 10:22 PM
is there a starter in the entire NBA less clutch than Tony Parker?

Walton Buys Off Me
12-20-2006, 10:23 PM
First points of the seond half........excuse me if I'm not impressed

Manu20
12-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Is there a starter in th NBA- and I'm being serious- is there a starter in the entire NBA less clutch than Tony Parker?

1:29 SA - T. Parker made a 20-foot jumper from the right wing. Assist: M. Ginobili

SequSpur
12-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Tony Parker is the best player in the NBA.

T Park
12-20-2006, 10:32 PM
another pointless bullshit ramble.

dknights411
12-20-2006, 10:33 PM
1:29 SA - T. Parker made a 20-foot jumper from the right wing. Assist: M. Ginobili

Tony must have been reading this thread during the game! :lol

T Park
12-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Tony hit a clutch jumper in the 4th there.

went from a 2 to a 4 point lead.

18 points 10 assists.

Yeah Parker stinks.

SequSpur
12-20-2006, 10:35 PM

K-State Spur
12-20-2006, 10:47 PM
What team have you guys been watching over the years? We had plenty of nights like this in '99, '03, & '05.

boutons_
12-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Tony stunk pretty bad in the 2nd half. no scoring, TOs, but snook in a couple pts late.

SequSpur
12-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Tony stunk pretty bad in the 2nd half. no scoring, TOs, but snook in a couple pts late.

He was getting others involved, that's what MVPs do.

timvp
12-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Lately in close games, Tony has been called for about two travels per game late in the fourth quarters. But traveling can't really be classified as choking.

Man Mountain
12-20-2006, 10:51 PM

I thought he only had one turnover in the second half. I know he shot like crap but so did the rest of the Spurs (sans Finley) in the second half. Parker's jumper late was pretty good though.

T Park
12-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Tony sealed the game with a jumper.

Typical baseless parker bashing.

ducks
12-20-2006, 10:56 PM
tp shot 50%
had 10 assist 3 turnovers and walton still thinks he sucks
he also had 18 points

Solid D
12-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Worst thread since your last chicken little thread.

TwoHandJam
12-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Lately in close games, Tony has been called for about two travels per game late in the fourth quarters. But traveling can't really be classified as choking.
If it's not choking then why does he seem to do it more often under pressure in the fourth quarter? It's a recent trend but a pretty disturbing one. I hate the fact that we don't really have a clutch ballhandler down the stretch to set up the offense outside of Manu.

That being said, the effort put forth by the Spurs these past two games has been pretty disappointing. It seemed tonight that they had learned nothing from the Philly game.

T Park
12-20-2006, 11:31 PM
That being said, the effort put forth by the Spurs these past two games has been pretty disappointing

:lol

exstatic
12-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Worst thread since your last chicken little thread.

It used to be that we were safe from Walton's drunken posting unless we lost, which was only about 25% of the time. Ah, the good old days.

dbreiden83080
12-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Let me get this straight Spurs are playing mediocre basketball right now and are 20-6 best record in the league and you are saying they are not contenders.

bigfan
12-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Not a contender my ass. They have the best record in the NBA. Im not saying they're perfect, far from it, but the Spurs are going to be right there for a championship this year. They will play even better as the season goes on as long as they can stay healthy.

Marcus Bryant
12-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Damn, I guess we won't win the December championship.

SequSpur
12-21-2006, 12:54 AM
Damn, I guess we won't win the December championship.

Obstructed_View
12-21-2006, 02:52 AM
I remember when Walton used to be amusing. Instead he cites two games the Spurs won as examples of how bad they are, and then labels them not a contender when they are on pace to win 63 games and have the highest point differential in the league. In previous years the Spurs weren't able to get up for two games in a row against stinker teams. Frankly I'm amazed they have been able to pull these out.

BTW, it's also surprising that someone would label Parker the least clutch guy on a night where Duncan missed 4 of 6 free throws in the last three minutes of the game.

The only worry the Spurs should have is meeting the Mavericks in the playoffs, because their coach still thinks he can win with his centers on the bench. And that worry is a LONG way off.

ducks
12-21-2006, 09:14 AM
spurs before might have lost this game they had not played in forever

Rummpd
12-21-2006, 09:25 AM
We used to lose games like this, now we are better so we win.

Who is complaining?

phyzik
12-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Walton Buys Off Me cannot be considered a smart person..... ever.

Not with efforts like tonight's post against the best team in the NBA in regards to number of wins and point differential.

My condolenses to the poor people who are now more stupid for reading one of the most pathetic posts I've ever seen from this forum.

703 Spurz
12-21-2006, 10:17 AM
In your opinion maybe Walton, but the Spurs probably don't even know you exist so I don't think they or us should care too much about your horsefuck negative comments

JPB
12-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Can someone please post a recap of Tony Parker's fourth quarter? The way I see it, he either turns the ball over or missesd a shot.

I remember when people said Tony couldn't shoot...

I remember when people said Tony couldn't pass...

Now, Tony can't be clutch in the fourth, the worse in the league...

Tony's repeatidly proven people wrong but there's always something with him.

What's next ?

Tony can dunk from the FT line ?

Tony can't block Yao ?

Tony can't initiate a brawl ?

Extra Stout
12-21-2006, 12:53 PM
To claim that maybe the Spurs aren't the favorite on account of their flaws... a reasonable argument.

To claim that any 20-6 team cannot be considered a contender... pure simian asshattery.

Ballcox
12-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Not with efforts like tonight's against the worst team in the West and Saturday night against the worst team in the East.

My condolenses to the poor people that paid to see one of the most pathetic performances I've ever seen from this franchise.

You keep moving your mouth, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah, blah........

Please wake me up when you actually post something relevant or insightful, PLEASE?

Leetonidas
12-21-2006, 01:00 PM
You do realize the Spurs are 9-1 in December, right?

Leetonidas
12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
The Spurs are also only giving up 88 points a game, while averaging 107 themsleves, with average margin of victory being 19 points. STFU already.

Leetonidas
12-21-2006, 01:09 PM
AND, if you want anymore proof that Walton is the biggest dumbass on the forum...

"Duncan Shows True Colors"

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19516&page=1

Like a great wine that has peaked, his descent into mediocrity is embarassing to watch.

Without David Robinson, there is absolutely no difference between Tim Duncan and Chris Webber. Come to his defense all you want dumbass homers, the fact of the matter is that if we got anything resembling a good game from Duncan, we are champions tonight.

No David, no ring- PERIOD.

Then, not too much later...

"Next time, don't doubt me"

With everyone else ragging on Duncan for being 'soft', I stuck by the now three-time MVP, knowing that he would rise like a phoenix above the ashes and carry us to victory. I'm proud of myself and the determination, resolve and loyalty I showed.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20095

Easily the biggest retard on this forum (well, biggest Spurs fan dumbass).

mountainballer
12-21-2006, 02:09 PM

Spurs are just adjusting to the new Isiah Thomas law.
you can't go out and blow out a bad team.
that would be embarrassing.
they get the right to break the feet of your best players.
so let's win it this way.

ManuTastic
12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Sure, his anti-Tony remarks are dumb, and I would not say SA is out of contention, but December's victories were all against .500-and-under teams (basically), and the one time we played a good team we got spanked by the Lakers. I think the weakness of the recent schedule has masked some of the team's basic flaws: rebounding and, strange as it is to say this about one of the Spurs' traditional strengths, interior defense. I think it's fair to be concerned about that.
I didn't see last night's game, but welcome back Mr. Finley.

ehz33satx
12-21-2006, 03:24 PM
If it's not choking then why does he seem to do it more often under pressure in the fourth quarter? It's a recent trend but a pretty disturbing one. I hate the fact that we don't really have a clutch ballhandler down the stretch to set up the offense outside of Manu.

That being said, the effort put forth by the Spurs these past two games has been pretty disappointing. It seemed tonight that they had learned nothing from the Philly game.

Clutch ball handler? What about Brent Barry? He is quite capable of manning the ball handling duties down the stretch. Great handle and a great shooter!

Dirk Nowitzki
12-21-2006, 03:28 PM
:spin :spin Jan 5th cant get here any sooner!!!

703 Spurz
12-21-2006, 03:55 PM
The Spurs are also only giving up 88 points a game, while averaging 107 themsleves, with average margin of victory being 19 points. STFU already.

Those figures a little ahead of the truth. We average around 101 and allow 90.2, 2nd in the league

703 Spurz
12-21-2006, 03:56 PM
:spin :spin Jan 5th cant get here any sooner!!!

What the fuck are you looking forward to it for? You won't win biotch

smeagol
12-21-2006, 05:46 PM
The Spurs blow [/Sequ, WBoM, Anyone else?]

Brutalis
12-21-2006, 05:50 PM
agreed

Dirk Nowitzki
12-21-2006, 06:44 PM
What the fuck are you looking forward to it for? You won't win biotch

If we blow another decent lead or dirk doesnt play then I agree 100%. It is the only 2 ways youll win fucker! :blah

Viva Las Espuelas
12-21-2006, 06:52 PM
another pointless bullshit ramble.thank you. he'll be wanting to tounge his sack next week.

GrandeDavid
12-21-2006, 06:58 PM
I would definitely call travelling "choking" if its late in the game or because the player was stricken with a case of tunnel vision and tried to force something stupid instead of giving the ball up to a better option.

ducks
12-21-2006, 08:03 PM
they could call traverling every damm second

TwoHandJam
12-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Clutch ball handler? What about Brent Barry? He is quite capable of manning the ball handling duties down the stretch. Great handle and a great shooter!
He's probably our next best option but Pop doesn't let him run the offense much down the stretch.

BeerIsGood!
12-21-2006, 09:32 PM
If this team isn't a contender they are by far the worst 20-6 team in the history of professional basketball

Dirk Nowitzki
12-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Spurs may be 20-6 but they have alot of holes that have yet to be worked out. They still lack a long 3, they have issues of their own against the Mavs dealing with tempo and needing comeback victories all the time, they have rebounding issues, their inside D is very shaky, Manu will never be the player he once was from 04-05 etc etc.

Leetonidas
12-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Those figures a little ahead of the truth. We average around 101 and allow 90.2, 2nd in the league
I meant for this month.

Kori Ellis
12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
I would definitely call travelling "choking" if its late in the game or because the player was stricken with a case of tunnel vision and tried to force something stupid instead of giving the ball up to a better option.

But seeing as he traveled when he was about to pass last night, then I guess that's not the case.

Anyway, Walton will always bash Tony and Tim. Sequ will always bash Manu. Everyone but some love sick girls will bash Beno. And in the end, everyone will be cheering them on in the postseason.

dknights411
12-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Spurs may be 20-6 but they have alot of holes that have yet to be worked out. They still lack a long 3, they have issues of their own against the Mavs dealing with tempo and needing comeback victories all the time, they have rebounding issues, their inside D is very shaky, Manu will never be the player he once was from 04-05 etc etc.

So if the Spurs have so many problems, then why do we have the best record in the league then? Can you explain that?

TwoHandJam
12-21-2006, 09:59 PM
So if the Spurs have so many problems, then why do we have the best record in the league then? Can you explain that?
There Spurs don't have as many holes as swiss cheese but they do have their issues. Some issues like rebounding we suffered from last year when we had the best record in the league and we all know how things turned out last year.

Spurs fans have no reason to jump off bridges yet but it is frustrating that lingering issues from last year still haven't been properly addressed.

Dirk Nowitzki
12-21-2006, 09:59 PM

Yep. It is not the playoffs and you only play us 4 times during the reg season. :santahat

BeerIsGood!
12-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Name a team that doesn't have holes or issues. The title said contender, not sure thing-100% lock. No team is a lock, but the Spurs are as air tight as anyone else out there

dknights411
12-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Yep. It is not the playoffs and you only play us 4 times during the reg season. :santahat

And my hypothesis on Mavs fans proves to be correct. Thanks for playing!

Extra Stout
12-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Err... does last year ring a bell?