PDA

View Full Version : League leaders in drops

Holmes_Fans
12-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Does anyone have a stat showing the top leaders in drops, and the number of times those players have been thrown to? I wanna see how many times TO has been thrown to to how many times he has dropped it compared to other players.

johnsmith
12-21-2006, 09:18 AM
I'd be interested in this as well. Drops aren't an official stat so it's harder to find then most. If anyone has any luck finding this, please post.

ducks
12-21-2006, 09:29 AM
to drop passes has to be about 30-40

leemajors
12-21-2006, 09:30 AM

i think it's under 15. it was eleven before last week's game if i remember correctly.

ducks
12-21-2006, 09:44 AM
it is more then his touchdown passes

leemajors
12-21-2006, 10:06 AM
it is more then his touchdown passes

there's a good chance of that for sure.

johnsmith
12-21-2006, 10:09 AM
However, in TO's defense (Oh God this is painful), he does lead the league in Receiver TD's.

stretch
12-21-2006, 11:04 AM
while he has dropped some balls, i will give him the benefit of the doubt, because he does have a busted up hand, and still has put up some of the best numbers in the league. his contributions have been great to this team, not only in recieving, but also in great blocking, drawing defensive attention, and giving a young Romo an option he is very comfortable with throwing to.

johnsmith
12-21-2006, 11:07 AM
while he has dropped some balls, i will give him the benefit of the doubt, because he does have a busted up hand, and still has put up some of the best numbers in the league. his contributions have been great to this team, not only in recieving, but also in great blocking, drawing defensive attention, and giving a young Romo an option he is very comfortable with throwing to.

Other contributions include, excess negative press, frustrated head coach, taking plays off, spitting in the face of opponents.

MosesGuthrie
12-21-2006, 11:23 AM
in the game against ATL...they brought up a stat that said TO lead the league with 12 dropped passes.

LEONARD
12-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Targets / Receptions / %

Andre Johnson 153 97 63.4
Torry Holt 153 80 52.3
Donald Driver 144 79 54.9
Chris Chambers 141 55 39.0
Anquan Boldin 140 75 53.6
Chad Johnson 139 80 57.6
Laveranues Coles 138 87 63.0
Terrell Owens 136 77 56.6

Keep in mind this is targets, so an overthrown or underthrown ball counts. The % isn't an indicator of being an efficient pass catcher...

Close...somewhere between 12-15...

kskonn
12-21-2006, 04:59 PM
He also leads the leauge in 3rd down catches for a first down with 22. saw that on the NFL network and in an article on dallas cowboys.com. I have also never heard anyone accusing him of taking plays off. He is often the first downfield to make a key block for other receivers or for the running backs. If you watch they normally put him on the side they are going to run the ball towards due to his ability to take a corner completely out of a run play.

Lebowski Brickowski
12-21-2006, 05:15 PM
He also leads the leauge in 3rd down catches for a first down with 22. saw that on the NFL network and in an article on dallas cowboys.com. I have also never heard anyone accusing him of taking plays off. He is often the first downfield to make a key block for other receivers or for the running backs. If you watch they normally put him on the side they are going to run the ball towards due to his ability to take a corner completely out of a run play.

Peter King has been consistent in his criticisms of to's "alligator arms," especially at crucial points in games and especially over the middle.

johnsmith
12-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Peter King has been consistent in his criticisms of to's "alligator arms," especially at crucial points in games and especially over the middle.

That plus the fact that just a couple of weeks ago he said on a radio show that often times he's been unhappy this season so that caused him to just kind of "go through the motions".

Good God Cowboy fans. Don't pretend you love this guy because this time next season he'll be on another team and you guys will all think of him the same way we non Cowboy fans think of him now.........you know, the same way you thought of him last year.

leemajors
12-21-2006, 05:24 PM
That plus the fact that just a couple of weeks ago he said on a radio show that often times he's been unhappy this season so that caused him to just kind of "go through the motions".

Good God Cowboy fans. Don't pretend you love this guy because this time next season he'll be on another team and you guys will all think of him the same way we non Cowboy fans think of him now.........you know, the same way you thought of him last year.

if we get something remotely comparable in return, i'm all for jettisoning him.

johnsmith
12-21-2006, 05:26 PM
if we get something remotely comparable in return, i'm all for jettisoning him.

Parcells has all but said that he's only coming back next year if there is no TO. Jerry Jones has actually said that Bill Parcells will be coming back next year. Put those two together, no more TO in Dallas.

Honestly, if I'm a Cowboys fan, I'd much rather have Parcells then TO. Oh, and they'll get someone good, or some good draft picks. There are plenty of suckers in the NFL willing to take a headcase like him...........I'm looking at you Dan Snyder.

stretch
12-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Other contributions include, excess negative press, frustrated head coach, taking plays off, spitting in the face of opponents.
the press and spitting event hasnt affected the team one bit. Parcells doesnt even seem to care what the media says about T.O. because he too knows how much the media tries to fuck stuff up with false reporting, such as T.O. sleeping during Parcells SB talk. also, i havent noticed a frustrated head coach because of T.O. ive noticed a frustrated head coach when the team does stupid fucking things, time after time, like Roy Williams blowing coverages 10 times a game. thats a much bigger problem than anything T.O. has done. ill take a broken hand, leading to a drop or two a game, if we can prevent a TD a game due to a stupidly blown coverage assignment.

samikeyp
12-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Honestly, if I'm a Cowboys fan, I'd much rather have Parcells then TO. Oh, and they'll get someone good, or some good draft picks. There are plenty of suckers in the NFL willing to take a headcase like him...........I'm looking at you Dan Snyder.

I am...and I would.

kskonn
12-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Parcells has all but said that he's only coming back next year if there is no TO. Jerry Jones has actually said that Bill Parcells will be coming back next year. Put those two together, no more TO in Dallas.

When did Parcells say anything alluding to him not coming back if TO is back? I am not being a smartass I am honestly asking. I have season tickets and go to every game, Now I am not in the locker room but there just does not seem to be any bad blood between the two. I think Parcells realizes that this guys helps them win games and he is prepared to tolerate his other issues. Just like he tolerated Lawerence taylor. Bills exact words when asked why he did not ever discipline taylor for his off the field antics as well as his well known habit of having a drink before practice, his answer was "because he helps us win games."

I know the media has said that Parcells did not like him, but I have personally not heard parcells mention anything to that effect. This appears to be the type of player Bill prides himself on getting the most out of, hell Terry glenn was considered a cancer in Green Bay, but not in dallas.

However if it did come down to having parcells or owens, I would 100% pick owens.

kskonn
12-22-2006, 12:09 PM

When did Parcells say anything alluding to him not coming back if TO is back? I am not being a smartass I am honestly asking. I have season tickets and go to every game, Now I am not in the locker room but there just does not seem to be any bad blood between the two. I think Parcells realizes that this guys helps them win games and he is prepared to tolerate his other issues. Just like he tolerated Lawerence taylor. Bills exact words when asked why he did not ever discipline taylor for his off the field antics as well as his well known habit of having a drink before practice, his answer was "because he helps us win games."

I know the media has said that Parcells did not like him, but I have personally not heard parcells mention anything to that effect. This appears to be the type of player Bill prides himself on getting the most out of, hell Terry glenn was considered a cancer in Green Bay, but not in dallas.

However if it did come down to having parcells or owens, I would 100% pick parcells.

Sense
12-22-2006, 06:27 PM
I think he dropped 15 and he's leading the League.