PDA

View Full Version : So Krystal's Hamburgers Closed Huh.....

davi78239
12-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Just drove by that area of town the other day and noticed this. So much for the little hamburger chain expanding in S.A. Guess the concept didn't do too well here. Too bad because I had wanted to eventually try em out one day. I just hope the Fatburger on I-10 is doing well and ends up expanding around town. On another note, I can't wait for the Longhorn Cafe to open up in Universal City!

jinglejangle
12-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah they closed.
I am a little suprised, although I didn't think their food was anything outstanding, especially compared to some other similar regional chains, they always seemed to have people there.
It may very well have been a management issue.
I always pass by Fatburger, but have yet to stop.
I remember there burgers form SoCal though, were always good grub.

Buddy Holly
12-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Don't worry, even though I thought they tasted like sh-t, they're still going to open the rest in SA. I'm not sure what happened at their Ingram location, but a million things could have.

braeden0613
12-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Open one on the northside/stone oak area and it will do well. The fast food choices in this area are terrible.

scott
12-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Maybe people on the Northside/Stone Oak area are smart enough to not want to eat trans-fat full shitty fast food.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Maybe people on the Northside/Stone Oak area are smart enough to not want to eat trans-fat full shitty fast food.

Or it could be that all the eats joints are at 1604/281?

scott
12-21-2006, 09:52 PM
That too.

baseline bum
12-21-2006, 10:00 PM
How is the Fatburger in SA? In Westwood, Fatburger is outstanding (better than Chester's for example), but in Santa Monica it's so-so (a little better than Whataburger, but not much). I wonder which version SA got.

davi78239
12-23-2006, 06:29 PM
How is the Fatburger in SA? In Westwood, Fatburger is outstanding (better than Chester's for example), but in Santa Monica it's so-so (a little better than Whataburger, but not much). I wonder which version SA got.

Oh, it's pretty damn good. Now, the only thing that I noticed that they didn't have were the "Fat Fries". They have only one size and they aren't fat ones. I have yet to try one of their Milkshakes, but they look good. Getting back to Krystal's, are they really gonna still open more in SA? Shit, I bet one of those would do good over here on Walzem.

baseline bum
12-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Fatburger milkshakes are nothing special. Now In N Out milkshakes... those things are incredible. You gotta be Tera Patrick to get one of those through a straw when you first get it.

Nbadan
12-23-2006, 08:58 PM
No more pretenders, give me an In-and-Out Burger or give me death!

T Park
12-24-2006, 03:48 AM
Horrible location.

It was like an act of god trying to get to the place.

Hopefully they open more and allow the public to eat what they want, and not do like New York, and start deciding what the people shall and shall not eat.

baseline bum
12-24-2006, 07:11 AM
No more pretenders, give me an In-and-Out Burger or give me death!

You better go to Cali or Vegas then, because they only build in locations close enough for their delivery trucks to reach from their packing plant without having to freeze the meat.

Slomo
12-24-2006, 07:19 AM
No more pretenders, give me an In-and-Out Burger or give me death!:tu

Love those!!!

You better go to Cali or Vegas then, because they only build in locations close enough for their delivery trucks to reach from their packing plant without having to freeze the meat.Didn't know that. I guess that's why they taste the way they do.

fraga
12-24-2006, 11:08 AM
They NEED to open various Chris Madrids in San Antonio...

BurgerKing
12-25-2006, 06:52 AM
I'm still the King of Burgers!!!

Spam
12-25-2006, 07:38 AM
On another note, I can't wait for the Longhorn Cafe to open up in Universal City!

That will kick ass.

Notorious H.O.P.
12-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Fatburger is close to where I work so I've been there a few times but it's nothing special. Kinda overpriced even. The only reason I go there is to eat lunch on the patio.

Chesters is back on the regular rotation after giving it's spot to Fatburger for about 3-4 months.

dirk4mvp
12-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Man, I just had some Krystals. Them shits are delicious.

bendmz
12-30-2006, 08:54 PM
ND's Opinion
Weight loss:
Optimum health:
Weight gain:

This food has moderate levels of all of its measured nutrients.
NA Moisture Content
39% 44% 17%
Carbs Fats Protein
Caloric Ratio Pyramid™
This symbol shows how the Calories in this food are distributed between the different macronutrients, and can help you identify foods that best match certain diet plans, such as low-fat, low-carb, high-protein, or balanced-ratio.

Learn more about:
ND's Caloric Ratio Pyramid

15 Completeness Score Nutrient Balance Indicator™
This symbol illustrates the density of essential nutrients in this food, and can help you create meals that are healthier and more nutritionally balanced.

Learn more about:
ND's Nutrient Balance Indicator

2.0 1.5 Fullness Factor ND Rating Nutritional Target Map™
(Patent Pending)
This symbol maps this food in relation to common nutritional goals. Foods closer to the upper right corner are Better Choices for healthy weight loss, while foods closer to the lower right corner are Better Choices for healthy weight gain.

Learn more about:
ND's Nutritional Target Map
ND's Fullness Factor
ND's Rating
ND's Better Choices Diet
Better Choices Substitutions for Krystal sandwich: Krystal Burger To explore a list of foods that ND rates higher than this one, select a food category and nutritional goal from the dropdowns and click the Show me! button. Substituting a food from that list for this one may improve the quality of your diet or make it easier for you to control the number of Calories that you consume. To learn more about this, see ND's Better Choices Diet. For additional ways to explore ND's database, see ND's Explorer tool.
Foods from Krystal All ready-to-eat foods and beverages Better Choices for weight loss Better Choices for optimum health Better Choices for weight gain
Protein Quality for Krystal sandwich: Krystal Burger This symbol illustrates the proportion of essential amino acids in this food, and can help you identify complete proteins. Learn more about Protein Quality.

NA Amino Acid Score This listing does not contain enough data on individual amino acids to determine protein quality.
Estimated Glycemic Load for Krystal sandwich: Krystal Burger For 1 order (60g)
4Estimated Glycemic Load The Glycemic Index for this food is unknown.
The Estimated Glycemic Load was approximated by comparing this food''s nutrient profile to that of similar foods for which Glycemic values have been measured.
IF (Inflammation Factor) Rating™ for Krystal sandwich: Krystal Burger For 1 order (60g)
NAIF Rating This listing does not contain enough data to determine an IF Rating.

The IF Rating™ provides an estimation of this food's effect on inflammation.
Nutrients per Serving for Krystal sandwich: Krystal Burger Amounts per 1 order (60g)

Food Energy
Amounts Per Selected Serving %DV
Calories 160 (670 kJ) 8%
Calories from Carbohydrate 62.6 (262 kJ)
Calories from Fat 70.0 (293 kJ)
Calories from Protein 28.0 (117 kJ)
Calories from Alcohol ~

Carbohydrates
Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g 6%
Dietary Fiber 1.0 g 4%
Starch ~
Sugars 1.0 g
Sucrose ~
Glucose ~
Fructose ~
Lactose ~
Maltose ~
Galactose ~

Fats & Fatty Acids
Total Fat 7.0 g 11%
Saturated Fat 3.0 g 15%
4:00 ~
6:00 ~
8:00 ~
10:00 ~
12:00 ~
13:00 ~
14:00 ~
15:00 ~
16:00 ~
17:00 ~
18:00 ~
19:00 ~
20:00 ~
22:00 ~
24:00:00 ~
Monounsaturated Fat ~
14:01 ~
15:01 ~
16:1 undifferentiated ~
16:1 c ~
16:1 t ~
17:01 ~
18:1 undifferentiated ~
18:1 c ~
18:1 t ~
20:01 ~
22:1 undifferentiated ~
22:1 c ~
22:1 t ~
24:1 c ~
Polyunsaturated Fat ~
16:2 undifferentiated ~
18:2 undifferentiated ~
18:2 n-6 c,c ~
18:2 c,t ~
18:2 t,c ~
18:2 t,t ~
18:2 i ~
18:2 t not further defined ~
18:03 ~
18:3 n-3, c,c,c ~
18:3 n-6, c,c,c ~
18:4 undifferentiated ~
20:2 n-6 c,c ~
20:3 undifferentiated ~
20:3 n-3 ~
20:3 n-6 ~
20:4 undifferentiated ~
20:4 n-3 ~
20:4 n-6 ~
20:5 n-3 ~
22:02 ~
22:5 n-3 ~
22:6 n-3 ~
Total trans fatty acids ~
Total trans-monoenoic fatty acids ~
Total trans-polyenoic fatty acids ~
Total Omega-3 fatty acids ~
Total Omega-6 fatty acids ~

Learn more about these fatty acids
and their equivalent names

Protein & Amino Acids
Protein 7.0 g 14%
Tryptophan ~
Threonine ~
Isoleucine ~
Leucine ~
Lysine ~
Methionine ~
Cystine ~
Phenylalanine ~
Tyrosine ~
Valine ~
Arginine ~
Histidine ~
Alanine ~
Aspartic acid ~
Glutamic acid ~
Glycine ~
Proline ~
Serine ~
Hydroxyproline ~

Vitamins
Vitamin A 0.0 IU 0%
Retinol ~
Retinol Activity Equivalent ~
Alpha Carotene ~
Beta Carotene ~
Beta Cryptoxanthin ~
Lycopene ~
Lutein+Zeaxanthin ~
Vitamin C 0.0 mg 0%
Vitamin D ~ ~
Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol) ~ ~
Beta Tocopherol ~
Gamma Tocopherol ~
Delta Tocopherol ~
Vitamin K ~ ~
Thiamin ~ ~
Riboflavin ~ ~
Niacin ~ ~
Vitamin B6 ~ ~
Folate ~ ~
Food Folate ~
Folic Acid ~
Dietary Folate Equivalents ~
Vitamin B12 ~ ~
Pantothenic Acid ~ ~
Choline 0.0 mg
Betaine 0.0 mg

Minerals
Calcium 60.0 mg 6%
Iron 0.7 mg 4%
Magnesium ~ ~
Phosphorus ~ ~
Potassium ~ ~
Sodium 260 mg 11%
Zinc ~ ~
Copper ~ ~
Manganese ~ ~
Selenium ~ ~
Fluoride 0.0 mcg

Sterols
Cholesterol 20.0 mg 7%
Phytosterols ~
Campesterol ~
Stigmasterol ~
Beta-sitosterol ~

Other
Alcohol ~
Water ~
Ash ~
Caffeine ~
Theobromine ~

Footnotes for Krystal sandwich: Krystal Burger
Nutrient data for this listing was provided by Krystal. Each "~" indicates a missing or incomplete value.

Percent Daily Values (%DV) are for adults or children aged 4 or older, and are based on a 2000 Calorie reference diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your individual needs.

ND's Opinion, Completeness Score™, Fullness Factor™, Rating, and Better Choices Substitutions™ are editorial opinions of NutritionData.com, given without warranty, and are not intended to replace the advice of a nutritionist or healthcare professional. ND's opinions and ratings are based on weighted averages of the nutrient densities of those nutrients for which the FDA has established Daily Values, and do not consider other nutrients which may be important to your health, nor take into account your individual needs. Consequently, ND's higher-rated foods may not necessarily be better than lower-rated ones. All foods, regardless of their rating, have the potential to play an important role in your diet.

IF Rating™ is a trademark of Monica Reinagel. Data for the IF Rating was provided by inflammationfactor.com.

To learn more about this analysis, please see ND's Analysis Help page.

Those little shits will kill you.... :hungry:

Clandestino
12-30-2006, 09:37 PM
san antonian's aren't for shitty baby burgers with mushy onions... we want monster burgers with real onions!

SrA Husker
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
It's back open. 4 krystals and a chik are in my stomach as proof.

Guru of Nothing
03-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Has ANYONE ever eaten a burger at Casbeer's, and yet still thought somebody else made a better burger?

Buddy Holly
03-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Speaking of burgers, I made some today. Very good. I also made onion rings.

AlamoSpursFan
03-03-2007, 02:04 AM
I'll take a Steak 'N' Shake please...

SrA Husker
03-03-2007, 02:36 AM
Saw a Steak and Shake off the highway in South Austin on my way up to Waco last month. Must be pretty new, never noticed it before.

Buddy Holly
03-03-2007, 04:08 AM
How is Fat burger?

I believe SA is the only city in Texas with one but I've never been.

scott
03-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Has ANYONE ever eaten a burger at Casbeer's, and yet still thought somebody else made a better burger?

Casbeer's doesn't even make the best burger on Blanco Road, GoN!

johnsmith
03-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Horrible location.

It was like an act of god trying to get to the place.

Hopefully they open more and allow the public to eat what they want, and not do like New York, and start deciding what the people shall and shall not eat.

Easy there tons-of-fun, judging by photo's I've seen on this site, you probably need to start letting people decide what you should or shouldn't eat.

Mix in a salad.

cornbread
03-03-2007, 05:37 PM
If you haven't tried the Culver's Butter Burger then you haven't lived.

http://www.culvers.com/Menu/MenuBoard.aspx

ggoose25
03-03-2007, 09:48 PM
too bad little hipps closed. all time best burger in SA

Notorious H.O.P.
03-05-2007, 06:40 PM
If you haven't tried the Culver's Butter Burger then you haven't lived.

http://www.culvers.com/Menu/MenuBoard.aspx

And if you try too many of them, you're not going to live for much longer. :cooldevil

I tried them but didn't like the charred butter taste to much. I went a second time in case I got a bad first burger but came away with the same feeling.

But I can see how other people would like them.