PDA

View Full Version : I don't quite understand...

MajorMike
12-21-2006, 10:03 AM
... how our off season was so poor, we are not playing well, we aren't as good as other teams, our defense is not as good, Tony is shooting too much, Timmy can't make free throws, Finley had lost his touch (until last night), Manu has been injuried, we get upset at home by one of the worst teams in the league, we can't hold a lead, Tony's jumpshot is off, we have to trade for a long SF, our team is incomplete, and all of the other problems I can't remember that have been brought to light by the well informed posters on this forum...

... yet at 20-6 that matches our best star ever and is the #1 record in the NBA.

I guess everyone else just sucks worse?

703 Spurz
12-21-2006, 10:13 AM
If some teams are "better" then us, how can they suck worse then us? If we have the best record in the NBA w/o playing at the level we're capable of, look the fuck out!

:spin

picnroll
12-21-2006, 10:14 AM
At this point what's the Spurs record against teams above .500?

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2006, 10:39 AM
i believe our 04/05 run was better around this date.....

KB24
12-21-2006, 10:43 AM
I good record means shit. Do you Spurs fans still remember what happend last year? Best Franchise record and did not get out of the 2nd round.

:lmao

J.T.
12-21-2006, 10:45 AM
I good record means shit. Do you Spurs fans still remember what happend last year? Best Franchise record and did not get out of the 2nd round.

At least we didn't blow a 3-1 series lead.

davi78239
12-21-2006, 10:48 AM

Shit. We almost came back from being down 3-1 and don't give any of that "almost doesn't count" baloney either.

Extra Stout
12-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Everybody knows that the team with the best regular season record always wins the championship. The ability to outscore the weaker teams always translates into playoff success.

I have never seen a potent but flawed Spurs team ever have its weaknesses exploited in the playoffs. It has never occurred that a 62-win or 63-win Spurs team was vanquished on account of defensive breakdowns against other teams' superstars.

Fans should just be comfortable looking at the record. There are no other experienced elite teams in the West to worry about, who might present matchup problems that the Spurs might still have a lot of trouble solving.

KB24
12-21-2006, 12:06 PM

Yeah but we are talking about the all mighty, good role models, heart of gold, teams should be built like this, best franchise in sports hystory, no other team plays defense but us SPURS.

My point is that all a good regular season gets you is home court. A good hungry, scrappy team can take all that away.

Don't forget about last year Spurs Fans.

MajorMike
12-21-2006, 12:17 PM

I count 13-2 (Bobcats, @ Warriors).

i believe our 04/05 run was better around this date.....

No. 20-6 ties the franchise best (01-02, 04-05).

Yeah but we are talking about the all mighty, good role models, heart of gold, teams should be built like this, best franchise in sports hystory, no other team plays defense but us SPURS.

My point is that all a good regular season gets you is home court. A good hungry, scrappy team can take all that away.

Your point is, you have no point other than to be an idiot. Completely missed the point, just like you completely missed the playoffs in 04-05. Didn't you guys lose 19 of your last 21 that year? What has that got to do with this year? Nothing; just like last year.

Leetonidas
12-21-2006, 12:18 PM

This isn't last year, retard. This is THIS year.

KB24
12-21-2006, 12:42 PM
This isn't last year, retard. This is THIS year.

Some of the quotes were from last year but i am also talking about this year.

There are some good scrappy, hungry teams in the West. Spurs might have the best record in the NBA but that don't mean jack. The Spurs are old and they will show it this year. Just sit back and wait.

Ballcox
12-21-2006, 12:50 PM
^ No, what's old is your constant line of bullshit that you love to spew all over the place. It's cool though, I guess when you're main role model is a guy who likes to sexually assault women it kind of fucks up your priorities.

KB24
12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
^ No, what's old is your constant line of bullshit that you love to spew all over the place. It's cool though, I guess when you're main role model is a guy who likes to sexually assault women it kind of fucks up your priorities.

My main role model??? Dude get over it. I don't give a F@!# what Kobe does in his personal time. This is a sports thread and I am just giving my opinion. I truly think the SPURS age will show in the playoffs. Don't take it personal.

I apologize for hurting your feelings. Your parents should have hugged you more.

SPURS are old!!!!!

phxspurfan
12-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Everybody knows that the team with the best regular season record always wins the championship. The ability to outscore the weaker teams always translates into playoff success.

I have never seen a potent but flawed Spurs team ever have its weaknesses exploited in the playoffs. It has never occurred that a 62-win or 63-win Spurs team was vanquished on account of defensive breakdowns against other teams' superstars.

Fans should just be comfortable looking at the record. There are no other experienced elite teams in the West to worry about, who might present matchup problems that the Spurs might still have a lot of trouble solving.

DALLAS

Ballcox
12-21-2006, 01:07 PM
^ Not as old as your line of bullshit, I bet you just can't wait to wrap your legs around Kobe's ass as he pounds you into submission. And yes, I did get plenty of hugs from my parents, but thanks for asking about it!

KB24
12-21-2006, 01:15 PM
^ Not as old as your line of bullshit, I bet you just can't wait to wrap your legs around Kobe's ass as he pounds you into submission. And yes, I did get plenty of hugs from my parents, but thanks for asking about it!

Damm, do you want me to explain what a hug is?

Leetonidas
12-21-2006, 01:18 PM
DALLAS
I agree. Dallas is the only team, along with maybe Phoenix, that the Spurs have to worry about. The Jazz will come back down to Earth eventually.

wildbill2u
12-21-2006, 01:40 PM
"Fans" here like to criticize every little thing that isn't perfection. It's the nature of some to look at every glass as half full, and if the record at the end of the year is the best in the league, well, that only means we haven't won the championship yet--and probably won't.

Damn, when I lived in SA and had season tickets I LOVED every win and mourned every loss, but I was so grateful for the wonderful value I got for my entertainment dollar. Gervin made one shot every night that was worth the price of admission--and I suspect Manu has the same effect on true fans now.

When we chanted GO SPURS GO! it meant we were behind the team, win or lose. When we got officiated out of our first playoffs in the NBA thousands of fans met the team plane. WE didn't criticize their every miscue--or call them LOSERS. They were OUR TEAM and we loved them. I'd like to see more of that spirit today.

Ballcox
12-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Damm, do you want me to explain what a hug is?

I don't know KB24, I'm feeling so vulnerable right now that I might need you to explain it to me so I can regain my inner sense of peace. Of course, I'll have plenty of peace once your soft ass team from so cal bites the fucking dust, what a bunch of pretenders.

KB24
12-21-2006, 02:10 PM
I don't know KB24, I'm feeling so vulnerable right now that I might need you to explain it to me so I can regain my inner sense of peace. Of course, I'll have plenty of peace once your soft ass team from so cal bites the fucking dust, what a bunch of pretenders.

16 Rings and counting. :king

coz
12-21-2006, 02:10 PM
"GO SPURS GO"

I thought that chant came into existence in the '99 season. I really don't remember it before then. Anyone know for sure?

Ballcox
12-21-2006, 02:20 PM

That's all you've got? 16 rings and counting? Damn, softer by the minute. Do you ask your johns to use lube?

KB24
12-21-2006, 02:51 PM
That's all you've got? 16 rings and counting? Damn, softer by the minute. Do you ask your johns to use lube?

KY

16 Rings and Counting :king

KB24
12-21-2006, 02:54 PM

I did not notice it's you again!!!

WAT UP BallCock! How you been?

My Brotha from anotha Motha!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballcox
12-21-2006, 03:02 PM
^ I gotta say you bring some enjoyment to my otherwise dull work day, flame on!

KB24
12-21-2006, 03:09 PM
^ I gotta say you bring some enjoyment to my otherwise dull work day, flame on!

:toast

Ballcox
12-21-2006, 03:12 PM
:smokin

703 Spurz
12-21-2006, 03:58 PM
My main role model??? Dude get over it. I don't give a F@!# what Kobe does in his personal time. This is a sports thread and I am just giving my opinion. I truly think the SPURS age will show in the playoffs. Don't take it personal.

I apologize for hurting your feelings. Your parents should have hugged you more.

SPURS are old!!!!!

Hey dickweed, you can say FUCK on the website, not #*#*. Asshole

703 Spurz
12-21-2006, 04:00 PM

Counting what? How many hairs are on your cock? Damn sure arent counting championships in this decade

Parkersgirl9
12-21-2006, 04:25 PM
spurs are not as old as people think. tim and manu and tony are still very young to carry a team....

KB24
12-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Counting what? How many hairs are on your cock? Damn sure arent counting championships in this decade

Your SOFT SPURS can't even defend a title.

Titles this Decade

Lakers 3 in a row
Spurs 2 NOT Back to Back

Oh and Last game the Laker Show OWNED your SOFT SPURS.

OWNED!!!!!!!! :king

Bruno
12-21-2006, 07:05 PM

Spurs are 4-4 against >.500 teams.

Not great but not bad when you consider that : Suns are 2-5, Mavs are 5-4, Rockets are 3-6, Lakers are 7-4 and Nuggets are 2-2 against >.500 teams.

Man In Black
12-21-2006, 07:53 PM
16 rings...HOW MANY WERE WON WITH MAMBA AS THE CLEAR LEADER OF THE LAKERS?

Can't say shit now can you.

jiggy
12-22-2006, 10:31 AM
kobe sucks a$$, he cant win no damn ring w/o shaq around

http://www.flipmail.de/picture1/shaq_kobe1.bmp
kobe misses shaq

LakeShow
12-22-2006, 12:37 PM

Really? The last few years it has been the opposite. Teams with the best record outright does not win the Title.

2005-06 Miami Heat 52-30 5th in the League
2004-05 San Antonio Spurs 59-23 Tied for 2nd
2003-04 Detroit Pistons 54-28 6th in the league
2002-03 San Antonio 60-22 tied for 1st
2001-02 Los Angeles 58-24 tied for 2nd
2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers 56-26 tied for 2nd-
1999-2000 Los Angeles Lakers 67-15 1st in the league

smeagol
12-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Really? The last few years it has been the opposite. Teams with the best record outright does not win the Title.

2005-06 Miami Heat 52-30 5th in the League
2004-05 San Antonio Spurs 59-23 Tied for 2nd
2003-04 Detroit Pistons 54-28 6th in the league
2002-03 San Antonio 60-22 tied for 1st
2001-02 Los Angeles 58-24 tied for 2nd
2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers 56-26 tied for 2nd-
1999-2000 Los Angeles Lakers 67-15 1st in the league
ES, you should really use some sarcasm emoticons for the newbies.

LakeShow
12-22-2006, 02:23 PM
ES, you should really use some sarcasm emoticons for the newbies.

:lol Oh my bad, that's what that was? I was like, wtf is he talking about. :lol

dknights411
12-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Spurs suck :blah :blah :blah
Lakers rule :blah :blah :blah

So the Lakers used to be really good. So was Michael Jackson. Two completley different things there. Past success does not guarantee future success.

Anyway, as better as the Lakers are this year though, I still can't see them taking a 7 game series from the Spurs.