PDA

View Full Version : The lakers might not be good this year

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Back in the old forum i made a post saying the exact opposite and such is the fixation on all things lakers for spurs fans that a paragraph of relativley nothing got 7 pages worth of responses.

I digress, my point is with the apparent loss of any real dominance in LA, (they just look awful right now) What are we spurs fans going to do with ourselves, Kobe is right this isnt a rivalry, so then, what is?

Who is going to be our next fixation, the next stop on the playoff road map that gives us jitters?

Is this the same culture without the lakers, after all isnt a spurs fan the same thing as a laker hater?

Mark in Austin
11-06-2004, 11:57 AM
If you let yourself be defined only by what you hate, you'll have a pretty empty existence. Stop focusing on other teams and focus on the Spurs. If they play their game, they'll win. Simple as that.

adidas11
11-06-2004, 12:15 PM
You can hate Minny, if that makes you feel any better.

spursfaninla
11-06-2004, 12:42 PM
This is a good, deep question. It did make things more interesting to have a nemisis. We don't have one now, though I enjoyed seeing the spurs beat LA last night.

If the spurs had lost, it would have been an upset. A serious one, in my estimation of where these 2 teams will finish.

Being a Spurs fan is MUCH more than being a Laker's Hater; we hate Malone and the Jazz (or who they were), and I kinda dislike Houston (hakeem years) too. :lol

But none of that is today. Today we will find a new Giant to Slay.

And if the Spurs end up being the Giant? Somebody has got to be the biggest and Baddest MOFO in town....

:hat

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 06:46 PM
My point is who are the Red Sox without the Yankees, who are the Spurs without the Lakers? In a game like the NBA you always know who will be on the short list of title contenders just like in baseball, which is why i wonder who our next big rivalry will be, the laker hater part was really a bit over read into, i think the Spurs will find a new nemisis, but i think it will be the Nuggets

spursfaninla
11-06-2004, 07:19 PM
I think Hating KG is easy, so why not just do that?

ducks
11-06-2004, 08:21 PM
I think it could be suns,jazz or nuggets

suns get a big with nash the next 2 years they could be scary
after that I am not sure how good nash will still be

wolves after this year could be a mess their window is closing

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 09:22 PM
their window is already closed, that's why you never build with veterans, always go it the Jazz approach, maybe there is less immdiate success but it keeps you competitve beyond the three season the T-wolves will be lucky to get with this bunch