Good coach
One of the league's best frontcourts
Top quailty point guard
good defense
great rebounding

not saying champions or anything like that but don't forget about them

BradLohaus
12-21-2006, 06:50 PM
That team is built right. They won't win this year, but they will win a title if they can keep the core together.

Extra Stout
12-21-2006, 07:01 PM
The Jazz don't have good defense.

Update: Never mind. Yes, they do. I must have been thinking of the Lakers.

Bruno
12-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Jazz's first 13 games : 12-1
Jazz's last 13 games : 7-6

The_Game
12-21-2006, 07:29 PM
They have had a mini slump. It happens

The losses they have had have been by 1 or 2 points. Games they have let slip away. They aren't playing as good as they were but during that bad run still beat dallas by 21.

They are still very dominant at home.

mavsfan1000
12-21-2006, 07:32 PM
They are good but not above Dallas, Phoenix, or San Antonio.

JMarkJohns
12-21-2006, 08:06 PM
They struggled to beat the Suns when the Suns were really struggling. I like 'em a lot, but I'm in agreement with BradLohas when he says they are later, rather than now.

I think they need a star SG. Someone that can go for 18 points, hit the three and defend before they are truly contenders. They have two guys in CJ Miles and Ronnie Brewer who have that potential.

RonMexico
12-21-2006, 09:00 PM

The losses they have had have been by 1 or 2 points. Games they have let slip away. They aren't playing as good as they were but during that bad run still beat dallas by 21.

The Suns also lost a lot of close games in the first 2 weeks of the season, which is when they lost the Spurs, Mavs and Jazz twice.

Obstructed_View
12-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Stop me if you've heard this one before: The Jazz are off to a great start...

Wake me up at the all star break. If the Jazz are in the top five in the west I might start paying attention.

Bruno
12-22-2006, 05:08 PM

Jazz were my sleeper for the WC before the start of the season.
I think that they will win around 50 games and be out in the first round.

To me, the 7-6 record is more significant than the 12-1 record at the start of the seaso. Opposite teams play them more seriously now and winning games are more difficult than at the start of the season.