PDA

View Full Version : I hate my job

averageusaconsumer
12-21-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm underpaid, deal with shitty customers and have an aggressive HR rep who is a bitch and is FORCING me to get a bank account for direct deposit (though I hate banks) How stupid is that, how is a job going to REQUIRE you to get direct deposit. I'm going to put myself on the job market, this is complete bullshit. What a shitty gig.

ChumpDumper
12-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Do you just cash your checks at the liquor store?

SequSpur
12-21-2006, 08:15 PM
fuckem./

averageusaconsumer
12-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Do you just cash your checks at the liquor store?

:lol no, actually i usually cash them over at the money box. i'll pay the 1% fee to be able to manage my own money. i mean, i understand companies giving thier employees the option to sign up for direct deposit, but to not offer any other options? that's fucking ridiculous. add to that the fact i can't even open a bank account till i renew my liscense (which would mean i have to make payments for my dps problems from the past) and i'm just fucking in a shitty situation. i don't get paid enough to put up with this shit. fuck it, after the holidays i'm probably out of here. :pctoss

ChumpDumper
12-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Ok, I figured there had to be something else to it. Don't be afraid of the banks. Alot of them will kiss your ass in some way if you use direct deposit. As for the DPS, jail sucks--pay them off soon.

averageusaconsumer
12-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok, I figured there had to be something else to it. Don't be afraid of the banks. Alot of them will kiss your ass in some way if you use direct deposit. As for the DPS, jail sucks--pay them off soon.

yeah, you're probably right. the roots are even deeper though, i'm afraid. you see, in order to even pay the dps to renew, i have to pay my warrants off first so i don't get arrested when i go to the dps office (yeah, i was young once) so, i was planning on going to the constables office, paying about 500 bucks to clear my warrants, then go the the dps to make a payment (they're willing to make payment arrangments and allow renewal after the first payment is processed) so we can get the ball rolling. problem is, my official hire date was 12/4 so my HR lady is hounding me day out and day in for my direct deposit stuff (and today asked for my renewed liscense) so even if i pay the warrants, make a payment to dps, it still won't be until late next week to early the week after when i actually get my new liscense in the mail. i can get a temporary that will allow me to open an account, but have to hold off giving my permanat renewed one till i get it in the mail, meanwhile this all must look very suspicious to my HR rep and who knows what the fucks gonna happen next. i just think it's complete bullshit that they force you to get an account.

missmyzte
12-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Funny, my work just started a policy (in the state of California) that offers employees to cash their paychecks for free at WellsFargo locations. Companies can offer incentives to direct deposit, but they can't FORCE you to get direct deposit.

SequSpur
12-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Funny, my work just started a policy (in the state of California) that offers employees to cash their paychecks for free at WellsFargo locations. Companies can offer incentives to direct deposit, but they can't FORCE you to get direct deposit.

if they don't issue live checks they can.

Fillmoe
12-21-2006, 09:10 PM
what kinda dumb fuck doesnt have a bank account? where do you keep all your money? under the bed? you deserve to be fired for just that alone!

kingsfan
12-21-2006, 09:12 PM
I hate my fucking job, this asshole reported me today for being on the phone so they sent me home. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiflipoff.gif I didn't feel good anyway but still.
I don't have a bank account, what's wrong with that?

ChumpDumper
12-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Actually, you might be able to get away with starting your bank account online. That way you don't need the new ID. There are a few that have free checking.

Fillmoe
12-21-2006, 09:16 PM
where do you homos keep your money? in a safe under the bed so when i rob your house i can get away with like 2 gs?

kingsfan
12-21-2006, 10:17 PM
^ you've got a long drive!

averageusaconsumer
12-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Actually, you might be able to get away with starting your bank account online. That way you don't need the new ID. There are a few that have free checking.

thanks for the tip. can't believe i didn't think about it sooner. i ended up opening a checking/savings acct with washington mutual online. there goes one problem... now on to my renewed i.d. that she's now asking me for. :bang

averageusaconsumer
12-22-2006, 12:43 AM
where do you homos keep your money? in a safe under the bed so when i rob your house i can get away with like 2 gs?

actually smart guy, i keep it in a safe in my home. and if some wanna be thug tries to rob my home, i'll put a fucking pistol in that punks mouth. so go ahead and give it a try, dumbass.

ShoogarBear
12-22-2006, 01:44 AM
This thread has great potential.

ChumpDumper
12-22-2006, 03:53 AM
How much interest does the safe pay? Should've taken the opportunity and opened the high interest money market account at the same time. It's a solid 5.00% APY with no minimums as long as you keep both accounts active.

Das Texan
12-22-2006, 04:03 AM
keeping your money out of a bank of some sort is like pissing in the wind.

ChumpDumper
12-22-2006, 04:08 AM
Especially since competition has made it much easier to stay ahead of inflation.

Fillmoe
12-22-2006, 04:24 AM
actually smart guy, i keep it in a safe in my home. and if some wanna be thug tries to rob my home, i'll put a fucking pistol in that punks mouth. so go ahead and give it a try, dumbass.

i roll with straight gs biatch! dont end up dead in a ditch......

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-22-2006, 04:40 AM
i roll with straight gs biatch!

So what exactly is the alternative to that? Rolling with gay Gs?

ChumpDumper
12-22-2006, 04:44 AM
*sigh*

White folk....

MannyIsGod
12-22-2006, 05:04 AM
Opening an account online will not solve the problem of providing proper ID. I doubt the account will be functional and you certainly won't get an account number online. You will have to mail in a package of documents after you have them mailed to you first which may include a signature card and copies of 2 forms of ID.

ChumpDumper
12-22-2006, 05:11 AM
I didn't have to provide anything other than the DL number for the last two accounts I opened, and I never had any relationship with one of them. It might depend on the kind of checks they run -- some places do a "hard pull" of your credit report, others use reports that provide similar information but don't affect your credit score.

TDMVPDPOY
12-22-2006, 06:19 AM
i say you get a paypal acct

too bad in american you cant get a online sportsbet acct....

maxpower
12-22-2006, 07:18 AM
thanks for the tip. can't believe i didn't think about it sooner. i ended up opening a checking/savings acct with washington mutual online. there goes one problem... now on to my renewed i.d. that she's now asking me for. :bang

should have gone with compass. they are offering $50 bestbuy/amazon gift cards or nanos. Plus the best thing is being able to use their atm cards anywhere for free(they refund any fees from other banks' atms).

and I opened an account online and have never stepped into a compass bank location...although it would require you have an existing account to transfer money. But if i'm not mistaken you could simply mail them a money order to fund your account initially.

oh and free checks for life.

maxpower
12-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Opening an account online will not solve the problem of providing proper ID. I doubt the account will be functional and you certainly won't get an account number online. You will have to mail in a package of documents after you have them mailed to you first which may include a signature card and copies of 2 forms of ID.

incorrect at least for the bank i mentioned above. The form you mail in is available to print out when you fill in your application then mail that in.
Though, having an existing account might nullify having to send in any proof of id. But I have sent out one piece of mail and have received my account documents, checks and atm card.

LuvBones
12-22-2006, 08:21 AM
I wish I could call in today.