PDA

View Full Version : Stop trying to trade Scola

IcemanCometh
12-22-2006, 11:19 AM
No one is going to take a 26 year old player who's never played a minute in the NBA. His worth to other teams is pretty much nil, who even knows if he'll ever play here. No one is going to trade anything for him, so stop coming up with ridiculous trade scenarios

Also no one wants Beno either

SequSpur
12-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Praise the Lord! Someone else sees the light!

http://www.35degrees.com/gallery/d/3206-2/sunrise.jpg

Solid D
12-22-2006, 11:40 AM
It's more his rights that are a problem. If teams could be assured of having the player, then he would have value to the Spurs or another NBA team.

KB24
12-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Quick Question.

WHO THE FUCK IS SCOLA?

Solid D
12-22-2006, 11:45 AM
BTW, 26 years old isn't so bad. Of the Argentine team nucleus, Luis is one of the younger guys. Nocioni is 27.

SequSpur
12-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Quick Question.

WHO THE FUCK IS SCOLA?

:lmao

KB24
12-22-2006, 11:54 AM
:lmao

I am serious about the question. :wtf

SequSpur
12-22-2006, 11:54 AM

Wait til daylight in Argentina, they are coming after you... :lol

Luis Scola is the Forward from the Argentina team and one of the top Euro players.

The Spurs drafted him years ago, but haven't been able to get him here because of a big buyout and his request for a 3 year deal for some serious jack or something like that.

JPB
12-22-2006, 12:02 PM
No one is going to take a 26 year old player who's never played a minute in the NBA. His worth to other teams is pretty much nil, who even knows if he'll ever play here. No one is going to trade anything for him, so stop coming up with ridiculous trade scenarios

Also no one wants Beno either

Noone would have taken Garbajosa if not the raptors. And they're very satisfied with what he brings every night.

Scola is considered better than him in Europe. So I think his value is bigger than you are statuing it is.

What was Manu value to you before he came in the NBA...? :nerd

Solid D
12-22-2006, 12:04 PM

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2004/08/28/oly-basketball-argentina.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/athens/basketball/2004-08-28-argentina-italy_x.htm

KB24
12-22-2006, 12:04 PM

Luis Scola is the Forward from the Argentina team and one of the top Euro players.

The Spurs drafted him years ago, but haven't been able to get him here because of a big buyout and his request for a 3 year deal for some serious jack or something like that.

Oh ok

Thanks

Have a Merry X-Mas

SequSpur
12-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Oh ok

Thanks

Have a Merry X-Mas

Thanks! You have one also!! :santahat

IcemanCometh
12-22-2006, 12:11 PM
You're missing the point, I'm not saying Scola is a bad player, or can't play in the NBA. I'm saying no team will ever trade a proven commodity or anything of value for someone who may not play in the league for years. Garbajosa was signed as a FA he wasn't traded so he has 0 to do with this.

And yes no one would have traded for Manu before he played here.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-22-2006, 12:11 PM
This kinder Sequ is a little scary.

JPB
12-22-2006, 12:27 PM
You're missing the point, I'm not saying Scola is a bad player, or can't play in the NBA. I'm saying no team will ever trade a proven commodity or anything of value for someone who may not play in the league for years. Garbajosa was signed as a FA he wasn't traded so he has 0 to do with this.

And yes no one would have traded for Manu before he played here.

But now, thanks to Tony, Manu and Nocioni and the sucessfull argentinian crew, teams are paying much more attention to these "euro"players. They know Scola.

concerning the contracts, it has more to do now with Luis will. If he really want to play in the NBA and somebody wants him, contract won't be a problem cos' it's more or less now or never for him, next year.

JamStone
12-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Problem with older Euros who area already considered among the best players in that league is that if they don't like the team that has their rights, they can just stay in Europe. San Antonio is an ideal place for Scola, and he hasn't joined the team yet. Now, it has most to do with the contract buyout. But, why would another NBA team risk giving something up if there is no guarantee that Scola leaves Europe to play for them?

Look at Dejan Bodiroga, Roko Leni Ukic, Fran Vazquez, Juan Carlos Navarro. They were all supposed to be NBA players. They didn't like the team that drafted them or got their rights, and they stayed in Europe.

If an NBA team wants to give up a player of value for Scola, they would have to have some guarantee that Scola plays with them. Spurs couldn't guarantee that.

samikeyp
12-22-2006, 01:29 PM
If an NBA team wants to give up a player of value for Scola, they would have to have some guarantee that Scola plays with them. Spurs couldn't guarantee that.

exactly. If the Spurs can improve themselves by getting rid of Scola...do it.

velik_m
12-22-2006, 01:52 PM

Sequ has not yet mastered the time-zones.

Bruno
12-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Look at Dejan Bodiroga, Roko Leni Ukic, Fran Vazquez, Juan Carlos Navarro. They were all supposed to be NBA players. They didn't like the team that drafted them or got their rights, and they stayed in Europe.

No, you're wrong.
Navarro's problem is his buyout, he wants to play in nba.
Ukic's problem is that he isn't good enough to play in nba for the moment.
Vazquez is the only recent case of a player who decide to stay in europe because he didn't want to play in nba.

No, you're wrong.
Scola's case is now quite simple. He wants to play in nba and his buyout is reasonable. Give him $9M/3years and he will sign with a nba team next summer.

JPB
12-22-2006, 02:10 PM
exactly. If the Spurs can improve themselves by getting rid of Scola...do it.

before their rights has expired.

Scola can play in the NBA. He just doesn't fit in SA, IMO but he could make a lot of teams happy.

velik_m
12-22-2006, 02:19 PM
No, you're wrong.
Navarro's problem is his buyout, he wants to play in nba.
Ukic's problem is that he isn't good enough to play in nba for the moment.
Vazquez is the only recent case of a player who decide to stay in europe because he didn't want to play in nba.

Navarro sucks right now.
Ukic looks good, real good.
Vasquez is very raw.

JPB
12-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Sequ has not yet mastered the time-zones.

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-22-2006, 02:24 PM
i still think scola could get some minutes had he join the spurs this year

look at how pop is still experimenting with the starters, chemistry rotations....

scola>orb>elson>butler

javtokas looms

JPB
12-22-2006, 02:30 PM
i still think scola could get some minutes had he join the spurs this year

look at how pop is still experimenting with the starters, chemistry rotations....

scola>orb>elson>butler

javtokas looms

Probably. Problem is, not the amount of minutes he would like to play.
You can't play TD and him alongside.

Bruno
12-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Navarro sucks right now.
Ukic looks good, real good.
Vasquez is very raw.

I agree on Vasquez but to me, Ukic, even if he is a good prospect, isn't nba ready.
Navarro is still the best scorer in Europe.

samikeyp
12-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Scola can play in the NBA. He just doesn't fit in SA, IMO but he could make a lot of teams happy.

I would agree.

velik_m
12-22-2006, 02:39 PM
I agree on Vasquez but to me, Ukic, even if he is a good prospect, isn't nba ready.
Navarro is still the best scorer in Europe.

Ukic: Depends on what NBA ready means. (compare him to vujacic or beno)
Juan is a good shooter... when he's hot. when he sucks, he sucks bad. He just shoots and shoots the ball, and on top of that he sucks at D (or better put, he doesn't play any). Jaka looks a good defender next to him.