PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Question

Cant_Be_Faded
12-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Why doesn't he face up and try to take his man off the dribble anymore?

Didn't he used to own Yao that way when Yao first entered the league?

dimsah
12-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Because he's 30 going on his late 100's.

JamStone
12-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Cuz Yao got mind control over D-Bo.

MannyIsGod
12-22-2006, 10:49 PM
I was wondering the same damn thing tonight. I hate how he holds the ball so long so often.

wolf754life
12-22-2006, 10:56 PM
he can't even jump anymore, pathetic

dbreiden83080
12-22-2006, 11:00 PM
he can't even jump anymore, pathetic

What is with all the Duncan hate going on here he is playing well so far this year and the team is 20-7.

boutons_
12-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Tim is not playing well on defense, esp paint defense.

dbreiden83080
12-22-2006, 11:04 PM

Ok well talk to me when the Spurs are sitting at .500 it is easy to bitch about him when the team jusy played like shit. I still laugh my ass at the hate he got last year and then made the Mavs his personal bitches in the playoffs.

bdictjames
12-22-2006, 11:10 PM

Not in the second half.. He did a good job against Yao too

SequSpur
12-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Duncan, Ginobili and Parker were the only guys that showed up. The rest of the team was out shopping for panties.

I don't understand why Pop felt the need to play 12 guys. Geezus.

What a fuckin pisser man.

itzsoweezee
12-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Duncan, Ginobili and Parker were the only guys that showed up. The rest of the team was out shopping for panties.

I don't understand why Pop felt the need to play 12 guys. Geezus.

What a fuckin pisser man.

are you blind? duncan was horrible.

dbreiden83080
12-22-2006, 11:16 PM

How was he horrible when he was not being double teamed the Spurs were not running plays for him. The whole team sucked tonight as a whole.

SequSpur
12-22-2006, 11:18 PM

Duncan was getting abused in the paint. That was their plan... get physical, shut down the middle and keep us from shooting 3s in the corner and at the top.

It worked.

leemajors
12-22-2006, 11:35 PM
How was he horrible when he was not being double teamed the Spurs were not running plays for him. The whole team sucked tonight as a whole.

why double team him when he is being passive and not doing anything productive?

MannyIsGod
12-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Tim looks to lack interest from what I can see right now. He shows more emotion bitching to the refs than anything else right now. He doesn't really impose much will on the defensive end and I don't know if its early season lethargy or a sign of something worse.

upTD
12-22-2006, 11:42 PM

Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts
F. Elson 21 1-5 0-0 0-0 0 2 1 3 0 0 3 2
F. Oberto 7 1-3 0-0 1-2 3 5 1 3 0 1 4 3
spurs C 28 2-8 0-0 1-2 3 7 2 6 0 1 7 5

how about it? nice. against tough opponents, our C always disappear, that is POP's adjusted C.

If spurs lost in PLAYOFF this season, C will be the reason.

TDfan2007
12-23-2006, 12:14 AM
I have another question for you. Why in the hell is he only taking 14.5 shots per game? He is playing wayyyyyyy too pasively during this past month. Part of it is because we're blowing teams out, but that's not the only reason.

td4mvp21
12-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Tim looks to lack interest from what I can see right now. He shows more emotion bitching to the refs than anything else right now. He doesn't really impose much will on the defensive end and I don't know if its early season lethargy or a sign of something worse.
He's been like that all season, I don't know why he can't find the motivation to play aggressive every night all game.

kris
12-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Looks like some of the horses are starting to cross the finish line.

MannyIsGod
12-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Looks like some of the horses are starting to cross the finish line.I don't like it, but yes, I"m coming over to your side of things. It sucks over here. It smells like 2nd round knock outs.

E20
12-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Why doensn't he man up and average like 25 and 12. He's getting too lazy knowing that he has Tony and Manu to take care of the scoring load. The Spurs were out-rebounded by the Rockets and this wasn't the 1st time either, they've been getting the shit-end of rebounds for a large portion of the season.

polandprzem
12-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Looks like a "best all time PF" fame is enough for him. He just want to slow down, lose some games, not to be on pedestal. Let LeBron get MVP, or let Nash get 3 MVP's in a row. That's how Tim is.

MannyIsGod
12-23-2006, 02:19 AM
I really do feel that Tim is playing complacent right now.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2006, 02:31 AM
seriously if he cbf scorin anymore at least concentrate on blocking, defense and rebounding...

duncan is starting to become another horry, no desire for regular season, only show up in playoffs.....he can kiss good bye those all defensive, all nba teams

wildbill2u
12-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Why doesn't he face up and try to take his man off the dribble anymore?

Didn't he used to own Yao that way when Yao first entered the league?

Tim's game has changed, probably because of age, not because it's a positive progession.

How many times this season have you seen him shoot, much less make, that 15' shot off the glass that used to be automatic?

He's really not a PF, plaing on the wing, any more. He's a low post center, ANd in the paint, playing as a center, Yao owns him because he doesn't have to move very much to play defense on him. Didn't you notice that TD couldn't get a shot off against Yao much of the time?

dknights411
12-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Ok, maybe it's just me, but could the fact that Yao and the Rockets played a hell of a game last night factor in this equation at all?

td4mvp21
12-23-2006, 11:54 AM
I think Duncan could be back to the old Duncan if he really asserted himself. But like someone above said, he's way too complacent knowing that Tony and Manu are there. I've only seen Duncan aggressive in mainly fourth quarter stretches. In the first three quarters he trots down the court, trots along the offensive end, it looks ridiculous he just trots all around the court. His picks are weak too. He just needs to put forth more effort.

bdictjames
12-23-2006, 12:08 PM
I think he really needs to get his bank shot. It would be very helpful against lengthy players like Yao and Diop

JPB
12-23-2006, 12:42 PM
It's a natural thing that Tim is more relying on Tony and Manu to take care of the score as he's getting older. He did the same last year, because of his injuries.

Him, Pop, Tony, Manu, everybody knows the most important is to be in shape coming playoffs time, as he was last year when everybody said he was done.

If it means a few games of, and Tim not forcing his game at times, I'm fine whit this. When yo play for big games, big moments and you've already win it all, it's not so easy to give it all, every night.

But be sure he'll be there when it really matters, as always. And probably cos he will have saved some juice and nerve impulse during the regular season.

td4mvp21
12-23-2006, 12:49 PM
It's a natural thing that Tim is more relying on Tony and Manu to take care of the score as he's getting older. He did the same last year, because of his injuries.

Him, Pop, Tony, Manu, everybody knows the most important is to be in shape coming playoffs time, as he was last year when everybody said he was done.

If it means a few games of, and Tim not forcing his game at times, I'm fine whit this. When yo play for big games, big moments and you've already win it all, it's not so easy to give it all, every night.

But be sure he'll be there when it really matters, as always. And probably cos he will have saved some juice and nerve impulse during the regular season.

But according to Pop and the Spurs, Duncan's in the best shape of his career, so what are we to expect?

JPB
12-23-2006, 01:00 PM
But according to Pop and the Spurs, Duncan's in the best shape of his career, so what are we to expect?

It's not a physical issue.

It's more a question of concentration and will.
Tim knows Tony and Manu are there, so maybe unconsciously he's letting it go, at times. He's not forced anymore to bring it every night. So maybe when he's not in a good night, he doesn't put the same pressure on him than he did before.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Okay, but why the hell does he not take the banker or face up jumper any more?

Why? Catch and shoot jumpers are the lazy players move, if hes being lazy why doesn't he take more of these???

mabber
12-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Okay, but why the hell does he not take the banker or face up jumper any more?

Why? Catch and shoot jumpers are the lazy players move, if hes being lazy why doesn't he take more of these???

I've heard some of the players say that bank shots are more difficult with the new ball. I have no idea if this is why Duncan is shooting that shot less though.

boutons_
12-23-2006, 07:18 PM
So when Tim was MVP, Tony said the temptation was "let Tim do it".

Now with Manu and Tony, the tempation for Tim is "let them do it".

There's gotta be a balance somewhere, where they all do it. Repeats will require it.