PDA

View Full Version : Which sub-division has the best lights?!

Louie Vega
12-23-2006, 12:20 AM
I remember growing up Windcrest was always a big draw come Christmas time. But now I think Shavano Park is tops. What other areas do a good job with lights?

fraga
12-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Shavano Park??? I didn't think anyone would ever top Windcrest...

SpursWoman
12-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Olympia (behind the Forum) usually has a killer competition going on ...

ashbeeigh
12-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Shavano Park is okaaay. My parents would drive through Shavano Park for us as little kids. The best families moved away in the early 2000s. There used to be a house with an early 20th century set-up with mannequinees (how is that spelled) dressed up in the classy outfits and everything. The old Shavano Park is a lot better then the new Shavano Park for lights. If you're looking in Shavano Park you'll find the best lights in the areas not in subdivisions, like Shavano Creek.

Kori Ellis
12-23-2006, 02:06 PM
I still think Windcrest is at the top. They still have the big competition, with awards and all that.

By the way for those coming to the GTG, our house is easy to spot - there's like 10 houses in a row with lights except one -- that's ours :lol

IceColdBrewski
12-23-2006, 02:34 PM
By the way for those coming to the GTG, our house is easy to spot - there's like 10 houses in a row with lights except one -- that's ours :lol

C'mon now. Where's your Clark W. Griswold spirit?

http://thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/griswold-christmas-vacation-thumb.jpg

http://thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/clark-chevy-chase-christmas-tree.jpeg

Kori Ellis
12-23-2006, 02:42 PM
C'mon now. Where's your Clark W. Griswold spirit?

:lol

We don't even have a tree this year. Our dogs are too frisky to have a tree. It would be destroyed right away :lol

Louie Vega
12-24-2006, 02:20 AM
I'm not surprised to hear that Olympia does a good job. There are some nice houses there. But I have never been there during Christmas. Windcrest will always be my favorite cause that's what I grew up with. But those areas in and around Shavano are quite impressive. One house has a little skating rink set up with mannequins of children skating. The impressive thing about that is that they actually skate. Everything is motorized! Awesome!

jman3000
12-24-2006, 02:24 AM
sterling oaks.

jman3000
12-24-2006, 02:24 AM
nothing like 2 houses adjacent to eachother with almost the exact same decorations up... classic.

Louie Vega
12-24-2006, 03:37 AM
nothing like 2 houses adjacent to eachother with almost the exact same decorations up... classic.

It's all about atmosphere bro!

SpursWoman
12-24-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm not surprised to hear that Olympia does a good job. There are some nice houses there. But I have never been there during Christmas.

They have awards and all of that, too. I think User won like 3 years in a row or something like that when he still lived there.

Of course, I haven't seen any of that light-hanging prowess at our house yet ... all I hear is :blah :blah :blah.

:lol :makeout

Jimcs50
12-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Mine