PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that...

TDfan2007
12-23-2006, 01:01 AM
This team can't find the motivation to play hard against a division rival that almost beat them the last time these two teams met? I honestly am at a loss as to how lethargic the Spurs can be. Sometimes it just looks to me like they don't give a shit, like they're just going through the motions. This team has so much talent that, if they just play hard, they're almost unbeatable. I just feel bad for the fans that come to these home games only to see the Spurs lollygag throughout the game. Not just this game, but against Charlotte, Philly, and Houston.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-23-2006, 01:05 AM
Lack of respect for the leagues non elite....

THE SIXTH MAN
12-23-2006, 01:07 AM
I do agree that the spurs do tend to take games like these very lightly.

xamila rey
12-23-2006, 01:11 AM
but it look like they got mad, and they were trying harder in the second half.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-23-2006, 01:20 AM
but it look like they got mad, and they were trying harder in the second half.
True, but against a team like this that energy should have been there from the start. To little to late.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Why do we have to make excuses like Spurs being lethargic? They just got outplayed by what seems to be a better team.

Battier, Bonzi, Howard, Houston is a pretty talented and deep team even without Tmac. Spurs usually counter adversity by clutch D and rebounding, but this year.....

We need to make a trade, its becoming so obvious

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2006, 01:50 AM
3 day break is no excuse either, we suck period

leon
12-23-2006, 01:57 AM
There really existed a reason that Duncan was becoming drowsy!

polandprzem
12-23-2006, 02:05 AM
McGrady killed us

THE SIXTH MAN
12-23-2006, 02:06 AM
McGrady killed us
Indeed.

Winnipeg_Spur
12-23-2006, 03:33 AM
McGrady killed us
He didn't miss a single shot!

JamStone
12-23-2006, 10:01 AM
82 regular season games.

Sorry to poop in your oatmeal, but they weren't going to sweep the entire regular season.

dknights411
12-23-2006, 11:37 AM
82 regular season games.

Sorry to poop in your oatmeal, but they weren't going to sweep the entire regular season.

I think half of the posters here were expecting that. I never did. Everyone's gonna have a few clunkers every now and then. I'm not even that discouraged about last night's game. Houston IS capable to be a force in the NBA, they just can't stay healthy long enough to do it.

Anyway, there's still a LOT of basketball to be played. It ain't over yet! After all, the Spurs Peak After March! :spam: :downspin:

SenorSpur
12-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Why do we have to make excuses like Spurs being lethargic? They just got outplayed by what seems to be a better team.

Battier, Bonzi, Howard, Houston is a pretty talented and deep team even without Tmac. Spurs usually counter adversity by clutch D and rebounding, but this year.....

We need to make a trade, its becoming so obvious

The fact that the Spurs didn't play up to their capabilities and came out lethargic against an inferior opponent is not an excuse - it is a fact. We've all seen this before.

Anyone remember the first game against Houston in H-town when the Spurs got down early to the Rockets and had to overcome a seemingly insurrmountable 20+ lead to win the game?

This is not to take anything away for Houston because they played an outstanding game on last night. Especially for a team at the end of a long, road trip.

No one knows why the Spurs have developed this habit of taking nights off. Make no mistake about it - the Spurs are THE better team - just not on Friday night.

To your earlier point, make a trade? Trade for who?

jiggy
12-23-2006, 01:29 PM
McGrady killed us

damn spurs killer