12-23-2006, 02:16 AM
this guy is ballin'. :downspin:

ShackO
12-23-2006, 02:53 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS SACTOWN..........

and thnx John.............. :hungry:

JMarkJohns
12-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Bet the Suns sure miss losin' him... Their backup plan, Banks, has sucked big time!

JamStone
12-23-2006, 12:57 PM
When did the Suns have Salmons? Over the summer, the only team I remember being linked to him was Toronto. Just because Bryan Colangelo runs the Raptors now, it doesn't mean the Suns had their eye on Salmons.

John Salmons > Ron Artest

Plus, less headache.

P-O-Z
12-23-2006, 01:36 PM
salmons used to be on da sixers

White Goodman
12-23-2006, 02:02 PM
salmons used to be on da sixers

no shit sherlock?

THE SIXTH MAN
12-23-2006, 02:02 PM
I think we drafted him. But anyways hes on my fantasy team. :fro

edit: We did, but then traded him for Speedy.

JMarkJohns
12-23-2006, 04:17 PM
When did the Suns have Salmons? Over the summer, the only team I remember being linked to him was Toronto. Just because Bryan Colangelo runs the Raptors now, it doesn't mean the Suns had their eye on Salmons.

John Salmons > Ron Artest

Plus, less headache.

He had agreed to a contract with the Suns, then pulled out when Colangelo offered more money than Sarver. He held each team hostage for roughly five days before deciding upon the Raptors, then a few weeks later pulled out of discussions with Toronto when the Kings showed MLE-type money.

The Suns were offering a contract similer to the Marcus Banks deal, the Raptors offered more minutes and more money and the Kings offered even more still...

From USAToday.com (http://fantasyhockey.usatoday.com/content/player_news.asp?sport=NBA&id=873&line=70851)

Jul. 12, 2006 - 11:22 a.m. ET

The Sixers are considering sending John Salmons to Phoenix in a sign-and trade deal for a second-round draft choice and a trade exception that could be worth about $1.8 million.

Salmons, who averaged a career-high 7.5 PPG and played in all 82 games, is said to be mulling over possible options now, with Toronto also interested.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Jul. 13, 2006 - 11:12 a.m. ET

John Salmons is reportedly about to be dealt in a sign-and-trade to either the Raptors or Suns.

The Suns are offering a five-year contract worth about $22 million while Toronto is making a more lucrative five-year pitch. Both teams would acquire Salmons in a sign-and-trade deal with Philadelphia, but Sixers President Billy King is letting Salmons pick the team. Salmons has looked fantastic in the past when subbing for Allen Iverson, so he could be a nice sleeper pick this season, especially if he goes to the Raptors.

Source: Arizona Republic

Jul. 13, 2006 - 10:03 p.m. ET

John Salmons has been traded to the Raptors as part of a sign-and-trade deal.

He was torn between the Suns and Raptors, but has been dealt to the Raps and will receive a five-year deal worth $23 million, with the Sixers receiving a second-round draft choice and a $2 million trade exception. Salmons will help make the starting shooting guard position in Toronto as cloudy as any in the league, as incumbent Morris Peterson, and new acquisitions Anthony Parker and Salmons all compete for the job.

Jul. 21, 2006 - 11:32 a.m. ET

The sign-and-trade deal sending John Salmons to Toronto has hit a snag and is in jeopardy now.

It's unclear whether Salmons, a free agent, had second thoughts about joining the Raptors for a five-year, $23 million contract or whether Toronto is working on a different trade and needed the salary cap room or roster spot. Toronto is reportedly nowhere close to announcing the sign-and-trade deal, which was Salmons for a second-round draft pick and a $2 million salary cap trade exception. Stay tuned.

Source: Toronto Star

Jul. 22, 2006 - 2:27 a.m. ET

ESPN.com is reporting that John Salmons has backed out of his five-year, $23 million sign-and-trade deal with the Raptors, leaving his future completely up in the air.

He apparently didn't like the logjam the Raptors seem to have at the wing positions, but his options appear to be limited after the Suns signed Marcus Banks and Philly's qualifying offer to Salmons was rescinded on Thursday. "Upon reviewing the basketball situation in Toronto, John decided it's not the best fit for him," Salmons' agent, Joel Bell, said. The Raptors were obviously surprised and disappointed with his decision. "I'm sorry it didn't work out, I wish him the best," Toronto president and general manager Bryan Colangelo said.

Source: ESPN.com

Jul. 24, 2006 - 9:42 p.m. ET

John Salmons reportedly signed a contract with the Sacramento Kings on Monday.

After turning down five-year deals with the Suns and then Raptors, it sounds like this one is official. The signing of Salmons means the Kings are not likely to re-sign Bonzi Wells, so Salmons and Kevin Martin will battle it out for the starting shooting guard job this season.

Source: Sacramento Bee

AZLouis
12-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Bet the Suns sure miss losin' him... Their backup plan, Banks, has sucked big time!

Banks was not the backup plan JMark. If you believe what Antoni said, "he was our first choice the whole time, and I"m not just saying that."

dimsah
12-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Salmons can't ball. That must be a fluke. AI had no talent around him in Philly.

JMarkJohns
12-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Banks was not the backup plan JMark. If you believe what Antoni said, "he was our first choice the whole time, and I"m not just saying that."

Than 'Antoni doesn't have much of an eye for talent. If he thought Banks was better than Marcus Williams and equal with Salmons, I don't have much hope going forward for future signings/draft... :dramaquee

AZLouis
12-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Than 'Antoni doesn't have much of an eye for talent. If he thought Banks was better than Marcus Williams and equal with Salmons, I don't have much hope going forward for future signings/draft... :dramaquee

That was a hell of a press conference though. Loved the "and I'm not just saying that" bid.

I really don't think he has a great eye for talent. Every rotation guy on that team was put there by BC. Antoni's hand picked fellows include Rose, Banks, Polish Rifle, Jumaine Jones, and Sean Marks.

Save for Rose, those guys were selected rather than draft picks because they were "ready to contribute now". :dramaquee

Antoni has a lot to prove in the next offseason with the 3 1st rounders.

I'd be impressed if the Suns keep two of them and use them for themselves.