PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are a sub-.500 team

boutons_
12-23-2006, 11:07 AM
... against the Top 4/5 in each conference, the probable playoff teams that really count in measuring quality.

EC: Det, Orl, Chi, Cle

WC: Dal, Phx, Uta, LAL, Hou

... the Spurs are: 4 - 5

And we haven't played Det, yet.

At best, Spurs can beat Jazz next week, and finish Nov/Dec 5 - 5.

Given how tough the West is, the Spurs need to get a lot tougher.

Last night, the Spurs didn't have an off night, (aka, "so what?").
The Rockets knocked the Spurs off their feet, esp a lackadaisical Tim, and on their butts. It Tim would only gets as mad at his own play as he gets at the refs.

Bruno
12-23-2006, 11:45 AM
And against these teams :
Pistons : 6-1
Magic : 4-2
Bulls : 1-6
Cavs : 1-4
Mavs : 4-4
Spurs : 4-5
Suns : 2-5
Jazz : 7-2
Lakers : 6-4
Rockets : 4-6

So with what "really count in measuring quality" : The WCF should be Lakers against Jazz ?

polandprzem
12-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Nope

he real question is: are the spurs a real title contenders with that attitude ?

boutons_
12-23-2006, 01:07 PM
"The WCF should be Lakers against Jazz"

strange logic there.

If the Spurs and fans want to consider themselves, with evidence, to be better than or best of the the best, they need win more than the lose when playing the top teams.

If the Spurs were 60-22 (0.733) against all teams ( a great season), I'd be happy if they were just 45 - 37 (0.549) against the top 4/5 teams in each conference.

iow, 5-4 now instead of 4-5.

No big deal now (as horribly/easily as Rox beat us), but losing to Jazz @ATT next week drops us to 4 - 6. I hope Tim bothers to show up and give some energetic, competitive leadership.

kobe_bryant
12-23-2006, 01:10 PM
I am happy you guys consider Lakers an elite team in the NBA

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Of course! Anyone with you is an elite team.

Duncanoypi
12-23-2006, 01:23 PM
all spurs fans are spoiled...i believe that...

THE SIXTH MAN
12-23-2006, 01:36 PM
I guess the December championship will not be ours again!!!! :rolleyes

DubMcDub
12-23-2006, 07:07 PM
I guess the December championship will not be ours again!!!! :rolleyes

Hey I remember this quote last year from Spurs fans after losses. Then you lost in the 2nd round.

Cheers!

GoSpurs21
12-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey I remember this quote last year from Spurs fans after losses. Then you lost in the 2nd round.

Cheers!At least the Spurs never blew the NBA finals like that other Texas team

THE SIXTH MAN
12-23-2006, 08:57 PM

Cheers!
Yeah I also remember you posting some shit about downloading "We are the champions" on itunes after you guys were up 2-0 in the finals. But then you dropped four games to a very old heat team. :santahat

Cheers indeed! :rolleyes

ManuTastic
12-23-2006, 09:45 PM
The original point is accurate and not easily dismissed: SA is feasting on avg teams, struggling against the good ones. This is not a good sign, obviously.
The recent losses against LA and Houston showed that SA is no longer a team that can shut off the paint at will. We're actually a team that is, position for position, not that tall and definitely not beefy. There is actually no burly rebounder/defender. Tim's pretty strong but he's a finesse player, Francisco's light, Oberto 's not a mixer. Everybody on the perimeter is light, also. Makes you wish for the days of DRob's one-man zone.
OK, Yao's going to have his way against most players. But Bonzi out-muscled us, as did Odom, and lots of other guys. We just don't have anything like that old Twin Towers defense any more, not even close.
We need size and strength inside. EDIT: this lack shows in our rebounding numbers as well.

ducks
12-23-2006, 10:10 PM
wells kills the spurs
but guess what the spurs beat the kings in the playoffs last year!

Spurologist
12-23-2006, 10:15 PM

Cheers!

I also remember hearing mav fans saying last year's championship was over after a 2-0 game lead. Then you choked it away. That's why therapists make big money

Spurologist
12-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah I also remember you posting some shit about downloading "We are the champions" on itunes after you guys were up 2-0 in the finals. But then you dropped four games to a very old heat team. :santahat

:lol maybe i should read

Budkin
12-24-2006, 12:52 AM
I also remember hearing mav fans saying last year's championship was over after a 2-0 game lead. Then you choked it away. That's why therapists make big money

Man that was a great consolation prize after losing the way we did against the Mavs. I couldn't believe I was jumping up and down because the Heat just won it all. :lol

polandprzem
12-24-2006, 04:58 AM

The only respond to the mavs fans.

Try harder spurs fans :rolleyes

my2sons
12-24-2006, 07:13 AM

Cheers!

big talk from an ofer one

td4mvp3
12-24-2006, 05:21 PM
that and the post completely ignores the heat of last year and their atrocious record against the better teams. maybe it got better at the end of the year, but that's not what i remember. they stunk, particularly at the same time that the spurs are at now, and couldn't beat a contender team to save their lives. just goes to show you that maybe the season isn't as keen a predictor as it might seem.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-25-2006, 01:57 AM
The only respond to the mavs fans.

Try harder spurs fans :rolleyes
:wtf

T Park
12-25-2006, 02:57 AM
poland has the brain level of an amoeba, ignore him.

Fillmoe
12-25-2006, 03:04 AM
if yall are a sub 500 team, i wish the kings would be a sub 500 team aswell

Bruno
12-25-2006, 07:33 AM
He's referring to this season not past seasons..

Quit living in the past,

:spin
This numbers are this season numbers.
As an example and since you're a Mavs' fan : for Mavs, it's Mavs record this year against top teams.
Mavs have 4 losses : Spurs, Rockets, Pistons, Jazz.
and Mavs have 4 wins : Suns, Bulls, Spurs, Lakers.

polandprzem
12-25-2006, 09:54 AM
poland has the brain level of an amoeba, ignore him.

Check if you spelled it right.

The funny thing.
Spurs lost in 2nd round but have no other excuse (the fans) then the Mavs choke :lol :lol :lol

Pathetic, don't you think?

polandprzem
12-25-2006, 09:56 AM
btw tpark don't start something that you may regret

:makemyday:

THE SIXTH MAN
12-25-2006, 02:26 PM
The funny thing.
Spurs lost in 2nd round but have no other excuse (the fans) then the Mavs choke :lol :lol :lol

Pathetic, don't you think?
What the fuck are you talking about you sorry sack of shit? Nobody is making excuses. Ever heard of talking trash? I'm not here to impress anyone, let alone some nit picky bitch from Poland. You want good trash talk? Then why don't you step up to the plate and quit hanging on tpark's jock, because if you ask me that's more pathetic. Can you be anymore OBSESSED with the guy?

THE SIXTH MAN
12-25-2006, 02:28 PM
btw tpark don't start something that you may regret

:makemyday:
Its the internet, get over your self....

:rolleyes

Oh BTW try harder, that was pathetic.

SpurYank
12-25-2006, 02:35 PM
The Spurs have managed to win only 21 of their 28 games. I read in the sports page that we have the greatest point differential with wins versus losses, almost 10 points, and that's at least 5 points per game better than the closest team.

But yeah, it's the end of December and we've managed to NOT win every game. Seems I've read your messages on this board every year for quite a number of years.

polandprzem
12-25-2006, 03:28 PM
What the fuck are you talking about you sorry sack of shit? Nobody is making excuses. Ever heard of talking trash? I'm not here to impress anyone, let alone some nit picky bitch from Poland. You want good trash talk? Then why don't you step up to the plate and quit hanging on tpark's jock, because if you ask me that's more pathetic. Can you be anymore OBSESSED with the guy?

:lol

Cool down my boy :dramaquee

You need some schrink :toast

btw - why are so obssessed with me?

lovespurs forever
12-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Heat at 2005~2006 against the top team is worse than this.Don't worry.