PDA

View Full Version : Nenad Krstic Out For Season

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Nets lose Krstic for season with knee injury

December 23, 2006

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- New Jersey Nets center Nenad Krstic will miss the rest of the season because of a torn knee ligament.

The 7-footer was hurt during the third quarter of Friday night's game against the Los Angeles Lakers. The team announced Saturday he had a tear of his anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

Krstic caught a pass from Richard Jefferson in the lane and started to back Lakers center Kwame Brown toward the basket. But he fell to the court, clutching his knee.

Krstic is averaging 6.4 points and 6.8 rebounds this season. In his three years in the NBA with New Jersey he has averaged 12.4 points and six rebounds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nets-krsticout&prov=ap&type=lgns

E20
12-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Too bad. This guy could play. He looked pretty good.

Kamnik
12-23-2006, 04:36 PM
New Jersey is going to have to trade for a guy like PJ Brown now. Krstic was the only decent big guy they actually had.

yep but even PJ doesnt save them

their season just went down the drain

i expect them to start loosing games (and even now they are not even a 0.500 team)

Bob Lanier
12-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Krstic was never that good - and PJ Brown isn't as good as Jason Collins anymore.

They have enough big men on their roster who can score in the paint off of Kidd and Carter. Krstic added a jumpshot and a hook shot, but it's not like he was a dominant force on the offensive end - and he was a gaping, sucking hole in the middle on defense.

resistanze
12-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Does that article mean to say he was averaging 16.4 points per game? That' what NBA.com and ESPN have. He was a bigger impact than I thought, in that case.

Kamnik
12-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Krstic was never that good - and PJ Brown isn't as good as Jason Collins anymore.

They have enough big men on their roster who can score in the paint off of Kidd and Carter. Krstic added a jumpshot and a hook shot, but it's not like he was a dominant force on the offensive end - and he was a gaping, sucking hole in the middle on defense.

every team has big men

but their quality on nets (except krstic) is really bad

RS189
12-23-2006, 07:32 PM
maybe we could trade them kenny thomas

Horry For 3!
12-23-2006, 07:37 PM
My worst nightmare in Fantasy land, I have Krstic on a lot of teams :pctoss