PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan is killing me

zocool16
12-24-2006, 12:46 AM
He's my favorite player ever, my hero if you will... and I like it a lot that the Spurs are winning so easy lately but ... gosh man why is Duncan so unselfish.. I recognize that's a SUPERB quality to have in a player and I applaud it...but deep inside me there's a little voice telling me that I wish he just would freaking shoot it more, get more points, get more rebounds...I enjoy watching Duncan, I like seeing him making his unstoppable moves... but now he's just doing what he's always done, with the exception that he's not even shooting it more.

I'm confused...I'm bummed cuz he's not shooting it more than he is...

but yeah i know that the team is working fine like that.

TIM DUNCAN WHY ARE U SO UNSELFISH...lol...it is an anomaly in the NBA.
GOTTA LOVE TIMMAY

Kobulingam
12-24-2006, 01:04 AM
He's my favorite player ever, my hero if you will... and I like it a lot that the Spurs are winning so easy lately but ... gosh man why is Duncan so unselfish.. I recognize that's a SUPERB quality to have in a player and I applaud it...but deep inside me there's a little voice telling me that I wish he just would freaking shoot it more, get more points, get more rebounds...I enjoy watching Duncan, I like seeing him making his unstoppable moves... but now he's just doing what he's always done, with the exception that he's not even shooting it more.

I'm confused...I'm bummed cuz he's not shooting it more than he is...

but yeah i know that the team is working fine like that.

TIM DUNCAN WHY ARE U SO UNSELFISH...lol...it is an anomaly in the NBA.
GOTTA LOVE TIMMAY

Because during playoffs the load gets shifted to Duncan. The T-robot doesn't want to overextend himself during regular season.

E20
12-24-2006, 02:41 AM
I thought you had him on your Fantasy team or something, by the title of this thread.

TDfan2007
12-24-2006, 02:17 PM
I thought you had him on your Fantasy team or something, by the title of this thread.

Anybody who put Tim on their fantasy team has gotten screwed in December. Tim has put forth about 50-60% effort this month and if you add that to the blowouts that the Spurs have had, he's basically been as valuable as Andrew Bynum or Alonzo Mourning fantasy wise.

I mean I understand his lack of scoring, he doesn't care, we're blowing teams out, blah blah. But come on Tim grab a damn rebound every once in a while.

GrandeDavid
12-24-2006, 03:09 PM
I think that its a valid point to illustrate his amped up production historically in the playoffs. But, yeah, I often think the same thing- why the hell am I not seeing more out of Duncan. Like the Rockets game. I live in Brazil half the year and am down here now so I didn't get to watch the Rockets game, but when I checked the game center online, I saw the Spurs were down by like 15 and Duncan had like 4 points and 1 board. Meanwhile Yao had around 15 and 5. But, Tim always comes through, eventually. And if he were selfish, maybe Parker and Manu wouldn't be quite the players they are now.

dbreiden83080
12-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Spurs are 21-7 i never worry about Timmy's Reg Season numbers anymore as long as they are winning we know that he is healthy. He has already won his 2 MVP's so big stats in the Reg season are no big deal for him and the team he has around him now makes it so they need much less from him. He will finish the year at around 20-10 and come playoff time when they need it big from him he will deliver just like he always does.

reydawg
12-24-2006, 04:25 PM
your hero?

really?

v2freak
12-24-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm definitely the same way. I want to see TD dominate a game all the time. But there's no doubt in my mind that Ginobili and Parker would be different players if Duncan's personality were different. Imagine: Parker playing with Kobe and Ginobili playing with AI

SenorSpur
12-24-2006, 08:21 PM
You had to have watched the WCSF series versus the Mavs to witness Duncan in rare form. He was virtually unstoppable - as he has been for so many years.

I hear what you're saying, but don't worry. He'll be there big time during the playoffs. Let's just hope he's got plenty of help.

zocool16
12-26-2006, 04:52 AM
You had to have watched the WCSF series versus the Mavs to witness Duncan in rare form. He was virtually unstoppable - as he has been for so many years.

I hear what you're saying, but don't worry. He'll be there big time during the playoffs. Let's just hope he's got plenty of help.

i did watch the mavs series, are you kidding? lol, anyways yes i know he'll be big time in the playoffs, and i know if he wanted to he would be that dominant right now. but the point is that most days he doesn't need to be dominant so he doesn't cuz everyone else feeds off him. i swear i see him play and its like he's just going thru motions of everyday plays..it's like he's a robot hahaha damn i guess its true. but yea dammit it sux when i dont see him do his moves