PDA

View Full Version : Duncan, Manu, Parker : Who would you trade?

Louie Vega
12-24-2006, 03:02 AM
Who is expendable? If you had to trade one of these 3 to get 2 or 3 good young players which one would it be? Remember, the only reason Robinson finished his career as a Spur is cause the Spurs were blessed with Duncan. Would the Spurs have traded Robinson in any other scenario?

Kobulingam
12-24-2006, 03:04 AM
Who is expendable? If you had to trade one of these 3 to get 2 or 3 good young players which one would it be? Remember, the only reason Robinson finished his career as a Spur is cause the Spurs were blessed with Duncan. Would the Spurs have traded Robinson in any other scenario?

Duncan in 2 years.

midgetonadonkey
12-24-2006, 03:06 AM
I would trade Manu now.

TDMVPDPOY
12-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Manu + parker

duncan imo has no value, but if he can accept the robinson or camby role as defensive low post, then we can easily rebuild around him again, and again, and again....

xamila rey
12-24-2006, 03:29 AM
how many threads like this one do we have a week?
three, four???

Louie Vega
12-24-2006, 03:30 AM
Duncan in 2 years.

I wonder if Orlando would still want him? Maybe Dwight Howard in return? LOL I doubt it. Imagine Howard filling in for Duncan surrounded by Gino and Parker? I wish the Spurs would pursue Billups. He will just be wasting away in Detroit without Ben Wallace. I would love to see him coming off the bench for Tony! It would be the second coming of Speedy Claxton! How long is Billups tied up in Detroit for?

Louie Vega
12-24-2006, 03:35 AM
how many trade threads do we have a week?
three, four???

Hey bro! It happens! Wake up and face reality! Parker, Duncan and Gino aren't getting any younger! How else are we supposed to get young talent? Other then tanking a whole season and drafting high or spending money we don't have! I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is no Santa and trades DO happen in sports! Ass!

SCdac
12-24-2006, 03:42 AM
I'd go with Parker. He's still young and probably hasn't hit his ceiling. He's the player you could probably sell the highest, and get the most fruitful deal with... that's if you're intent on trading one of the big three.

It'd be cool to trade Parker for some depth, preferably at SF. Maybe that next long SF we need, while also getting a young or "servicable" PG in return.

Maybe like a "Parker & another player/draft pick for Felton & Wallace", or something. Or, "Parker for Delonte West/Ryan Gomes/2nd Round pick"... I haven't bothered to see if these salaries match, but those are generally the kinds of trades I'd aim for with Parker. Maybe those in particular are asking for too much in return (or too little depending on how high you are on Parker), but a PG and SF to get back would be nice.

xamila rey
12-24-2006, 03:44 AM
Hey bro! It happens! Wake up and face reality! Parker, Duncan and Gino aren't getting any younger! How else are we supposed to get young talent? Other then tanking a whole season and drafting high or spending money we don't have! I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is no Santa and trades DO happen in sports! Ass!

:wtf
i never said it doesnt happen.

dg7md
12-24-2006, 04:02 AM
Never, ever trade Parker, he's a top point guard, if not THE best point guard.

I don't know if I'd trade anybody. The tandem works perfectly.

ChumpDumper
12-24-2006, 04:16 AM
Manu is the most expendable right now, but that really isn't saying anything.

T Park
12-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Ginobili, no doubt about it.

ChumpDumper
12-24-2006, 04:25 AM
Yeah, but you'd have to trade him for another player that drives at least as well as he does.

Who is available that even meets that criterion?

stéphane
12-24-2006, 04:30 AM
what would be the purpose of this trade?
winning it all in june or rebuilding a team for being stronger in a couple years?
because if you want to win in june i'm not sure trading one of these three would be wise considering their talent to salary ratio...

Louie Vega
12-24-2006, 05:16 AM
what would be the purpose of this trade?
winning it all in june or rebuilding a team for being stronger in a couple years?

Like all Spurs fans I want my cake and eat it too! LOL But seriously,we need to start preparing ourselves for life without Duncan. As sad as it sounds he won't play for the Spurs forever. We need to start building for the future. Look at the Lakers. Look how long it took Chicago to get back to good basketball. I can picture my self in the future, sitting on the couch with a cold one watching a Spurs game saying to my wife " I remember when the Spurs were always a lock for the playoffs! ". All Spurs fans should be grateful and appreciative for being blessed with the best basketball team in the NBA! These are great days we are living Spurs fans!

Louie Vega
12-24-2006, 05:17 AM
:wtf
i never said it doesnt happen.

Oh..........well...........sorry !
Nothing personal!

ChumpDumper
12-24-2006, 05:18 AM
Like all Spurs fans I want my cake and eat it too! LOL But seriously,we need to start preparing ourselves for life without Duncan. As sad as it sounds he won't play for the Spurs forever. We need to start building for the future. Look at the Lakers. Look how long it took Chicago to get back to good basketball. I don't want to be watchinga Spurs in the next couple of years talking about " I miss the playoffs"! All Spurs fans should be grateful and appreciative for being blessed with the best basketball team in the NBA! These are great days we are living Spurs fans!Eh, sure--but who are you going to trade any of these guys for? These three are the kinds of players every GM in the league is looking for.

Louie Vega
12-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Eh, sure--but who are you going to trade any of these guys for? These three are the kinds of players every GM in the league is looking for.

Don't know. That's why I started this thread.

my2sons
12-24-2006, 07:11 AM
problem is you would never get equal or better value for any of the three with the possible exception of parker and thats a stretch because of his still future upside because of his age, so none. continue to build around the three and milk the ride for as long as you can, unless there's a ted stepien...flashback, i think that was the right name who will let us rape his team for some of our bottom feeders then i just enjoy the ride and wait for the lottery ball in about five or six years...

WalterBenitez
12-24-2006, 09:44 AM
TD, TP I wouldn't even consider, Manu who knows how he could affect in a latin environment, I see Miami and/or Lakers as good destination for him ... but Do you really think that could happen now or in two years?

RC's Boss
12-24-2006, 09:46 AM
manu

djohn14
12-24-2006, 09:55 AM
If we could get James Posey and a pick for Manu, I'd do that. In my openion, we need Duncan and TPark. Manu, on the other hand, well he can be traded. I think he is a good player, but if we can get help in the form of a younger athletic SF and another pick to send overseas, I'd do it.

Kermit
12-24-2006, 09:59 AM
"I wish the Spurs would pursue Billups. He will just be wasting away in Detroit without Ben Wallace. I would love to see him coming off the bench for Tony!"

i think it would be the other way around, as in tony coming off the bench for chauncy. he's a much better all-around point-guard.

SAGambler
12-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Manu is the most expendable right now, but that really isn't saying anything.

Putting up 20 plus a game, 2 or 3 steals, 2 or 3 rebounds, a few assists, and generally causing havoc on defensive.....
Yeah.....That guy doesnt deserve to be in the league....let's get rid of him for......??????

Kori Ellis
12-24-2006, 12:17 PM
If we could get James Posey and a pick for Manu, I'd do that. ... if we can get help in the form of a younger athletic SF and another pick to send overseas, I'd do it.

James Posey?
He's older than Manu. He'll be 30 in a couple weeks.

Big P
12-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Posey & a pick for Manu? Wow...just wow.

Kori Ellis
12-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh and to answer the original question, I wouldn't trade any of them.

I mean, sure I would if GM's were knocking at the door with LeBron type players. But they aren't.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-24-2006, 12:28 PM

Wake up and face reality - all three will retire as Spurs unless Parker gets a wild burr in his ass to leave during free agency for somewhere else.

We'll use the draft and expiring contracts (Barry, Williams, etc.) if we're ever going to make any trades.

How else are we supposed to get young talent? I guess you're forgetting about the several players we have drafted that are stashed in Europe, along with Butler and White...

You're not the bearer of bad news, just a dumbass troll.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-24-2006, 12:30 PM
If we could get James Posey and a pick for Manu, I'd do that. In my openion, we need Duncan and TPark. Manu, on the other hand, well he can be traded. I think he is a good player, but if we can get help in the form of a younger athletic SF and another pick to send overseas, I'd do it.

For starters Posey is older than Manu.

Second, you trade Manu and we have exactly one person on the team who can create off the dribble - Tony (and he's not that great of an assist guy).

The last time we went down that road of only one creator, the Lakers had fun handing us our asses in the playoffs.

doldrums
12-24-2006, 02:29 PM

Nonsense like this is why I have to start avoiding these threads. James Posey and a pick - Jeez is that all you want back. Why not throw in Shawn Kemp LOL

v2freak
12-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Ginobili and Parker

Texas_Ranger
12-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Nobody for now.
I just know that I would never trade Duncan.

djohn14
12-24-2006, 04:26 PM
OK, ya'll got me, but I would trade Manu for Michael Pietrus (don't know how to spell his name) and a pick. I guess I went overboard on the Posey thing.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-24-2006, 04:50 PM
OK, ya'll got me, but I would trade Manu for Michael Pietrus (don't know how to spell his name) and a pick. I guess I went overboard on the Posey thing.

It might also help to go overboard on the Collective Bargaining Agreement and what constitutes a legal trade.

;)

lil'mo
12-24-2006, 04:58 PM
god this is pathetic :sad

aaronstampler
12-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Wow, according to Hollinger's PER ratings, Manu is like the 16th best player in the NBA (higher than Parker) and y'all want to trade him for Mike freakin' Pietrus. This is embarrassing. Maybe he should be dealt so some people here could realize what they gave up when the team starts to win 48 games a year and exiting in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Doesn't anyone get that Manu would average 25 easily on a mediocre team that'd get him 18 shots a night?

Anybody who doesn't get that he's our 2nd best player doesn't understand basketball.

ducks
12-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Wow, according to Hollinger's PER ratings, Manu is like the 16th best player in the NBA (higher than Parker) and y'all want to trade him for Mike freakin' Pietrus. This is embarrassing. Maybe he should be dealt so some people here could realize what they gave up when the team starts to win 48 games a year and exiting in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Doesn't anyone get that Manu would average 25 easily on a mediocre team that'd get him 18 shots a night?

Anybody who doesn't get that he's our 2nd best player doesn't understand basketball.

ratings did they consider hsi age and injuries record?

smeagol
12-24-2006, 10:29 PM
ratings did they consider hsi age and injuries record?
No need to.

He is the one who can change the course of a game with his plays in both sides of the court (remember Philly?).

He is the biggest reason the Spurs got a third ring.

So no, no need to.

Oh, and the idiot who proposes to trade Manu for Posey or Pietrus and a pick . . . o well, he is just an idiot.

Nikos
12-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Well Manu is extremely productive per minute. Playing less minutes makes him less valuable than many of the best swingmen, but he is right there with many of the other NON-ELITE's. Manu might actually be a better second star than first star if that makes sense. I think some players who are probably more talented scoring probably couldn't play the 2nd/3rd fiddle as effectively, but that is another argument.

Bottom line is Manu is a top notch supporting player because of his versatility and efficiency alongside other talented players like Duncan and Parker. He can fit in seamlessly. He deserves credit for being efficient and effective while also being a guy who makes intangible defensive plays.

I don't know how I would rank Manu this season in terms of other swingmen because there are tons of awesome ones, but at his best he can hang with most of them (at least in the 2005 playoffs he played like he could). I am hoping that wasn't just a little luck and that he has another one of those playoff performances left in him.

SuperManu!!!
12-24-2006, 11:51 PM
I would trade anyone of the 3 if what i get back is better....that's the logic

SPURS vs NBA media
12-25-2006, 12:10 AM
trade all the spurs loser fans who want to make a trade after every spurs lost

aaronstampler
12-25-2006, 12:34 AM
well as far as shooting guards go, the only ones ranked ahead of Manu right now are Kobe and Wade. He's even ranked ahead of Redd and Carter because they're horrid defensive players.

upTD
12-25-2006, 02:55 AM
remember vs mavs ? playoff , in 7th game
and
He is the biggest reason the Spurs lost a 4th ring

No need to.

He is the one who can change the course of a game with his plays in both sides of the court (remember Philly?).

He is the biggest reason the Spurs got a third ring.

So no, no need to.

Oh, and the idiot who proposes to trade Manu for Posey or Pietrus and a pick . . . o well, he is just an idiot.

stéphane
12-25-2006, 05:22 AM

:dizzy wow just wow
yeah pietrus has some skills and he's athletic but manu has talent...
i'd pick talent over the rest anyday...
and somebody wrote that he was hoping that manu's play in 05 playoffs wasn't just luck... i got lucky some time on the court and strangely i haven't ever played like he did :p no seriously can't everybody at least recognize pure talent?

InAmerica
12-25-2006, 07:03 AM
and

Not really... Who made the 3 pointer before that huh, and that game went overtime and SPURS lost... so stop blaming Manu, he made a mistake, but hey everyone makes those, that's part of life, capishe?

And you can never tell if the Spurs would of won the 4th ring, so please shut the fuck up.

upTD
12-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Not really... Who made the 3 pointer before that huh, and that game went overtime and SPURS lost... so stop blaming Manu, he made a mistake, but hey everyone makes those, that's part of life, capishe?

And you can never tell if the Spurs would of won the 4th ring, so please shut the fuck up.

I have expected that someone shit will say as what you have said.

And before his 3 pointer, there were Fin\TD's goals makeup the deficit.

Allstar Manu should did something for spurs, to replace the poor disappear in his first half. But his madcap foul canceled both his efforts and other player' efforts. if no the madcap foul, spurs could have won the game without the OT.

So,if someone say that he is the biggest reason the Spurs got a third ring.
plesae admit that he is the biggest reason the Spurs lost a 4th ring.
Or please shut the fuck up.

smeagol
12-25-2006, 06:17 PM

Allstar Manu should did something for spurs, to replace the poor disappear in his first half. But his madcap foul canceled both his efforts and other player' efforts. if no the madcap foul, spurs could have won the game without the OT.

ducks, is that you?

v2freak
12-25-2006, 06:54 PM
I got to agree with upTD. If you're going to give him credit for one, give him credit for the other.

Cherry
12-25-2006, 07:55 PM
and

That was a thing of the past. Get over it.

Merry Xmas :santahat

exstatic
12-26-2006, 10:44 AM
The only one I would consider moving would be Manu. He has the shortest remaining NBA shelf life. It would have to be a REAL nice offer though, a borderline All Star, at least.

ducks
12-26-2006, 10:50 AM
ducks, is that you?
no
only one screen name ask kori

smeagol
12-26-2006, 11:28 AM
no
only one screen name ask kori
Just kidding.

That guy is even more extreme in his Manu hate than you :spin

MrChug
12-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Parker. Playing well, but not even an All-Star. Manu is special. He has another gear. He has what Toilet Paper doesn't in the playoffs. Very expendable, and very attractive to other teams. If a gun was to my head, that decision's easy.

ducks
12-26-2006, 12:06 PM
I would not trade manu this year
maybe next

2centsworth
12-26-2006, 12:54 PM
I got to agree with upTD. If you're going to give him credit for one, give him credit for the other.
Manu scored like the last 13 of 15 points in that game.

2centsworth
12-26-2006, 12:58 PM

you're dumb. manu was the biggest reason the spurs made up that deficit. Look at the 4th quarter stats. He was so hot he thought he was superman and could block dirks shot.

oh well... I wouldn't trade either of the 3 unless someone is offering Dwayne Wade or Dwight Howard.

VaSpursFan
12-26-2006, 01:43 PM
depends on what is on the table.

upTD
12-26-2006, 02:40 PM
you're dumb. manu was the biggest reason the spurs made up that deficit. Look at the 4th quarter stats. He was so hot he thought he was superman and could block dirks shot.

oh well... I wouldn't trade either of the 3 unless someone is offering Dwayne Wade or Dwight Howard.

open your eyes, please:

Start of the 4th Quarter
11:27 84-79 Tim Duncan makes free throw 1 of 2
11:27 84-80 Tim Duncan makes free throw 2 of 2
11:07 Jerry Stackhouse misses 21-foot jumper 84-80
11:06 84-80 Tim Duncan defensive rebound
10:51 84-82 Tim Duncan makes layup
10:32 84-82 Michael Finley shooting foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
10:32 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 2 85-82
10:32 Jason Terry enters the game for Devin Harris 85-82
10:32 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 2 of 2 86-82
10:11 86-82 Bruce Bowen misses 25-foot three point jumper
10:11 86-82 San Antonio defensive rebound
10:11 86-82 Tim Duncan loose ball foul (Keith Van Horn draws the foul)
9:53 Jerry Stackhouse makes 10-foot jumper 88-82
9:53 88-82 Manu Ginobili shooting foul (Jerry Stackhouse draws the foul)
9:53 Jerry Stackhouse makes free throw 1 of 1 89-82
9:37 89-82 Manu Ginobili misses 25-foot three point jumper
9:34 Keith Van Horn defensive rebound 89-82
9:32 Josh Howard offensive foul (Manu Ginobili draws the foul) 89-82
9:32 Josh Howard turnover 89-82
9:32 Devin Harris enters the game for Josh Howard 89-82
9:19 San Antonio full timeout
9:19 89-82 Tony Parker enters the game for Nick Van Exel
9:06 89-82 Bruce Bowen misses 25-foot three point jumper
9:03 Jason Terry defensive rebound 89-82
8:55 Dirk Nowitzki misses layup 89-82
8:53 Dirk Nowitzki offensive rebound 89-82
8:53 89-82 Bruce Bowen shooting foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
8:53 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 2 90-82
8:53 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 2 of 2 91-82
8:38 Keith Van Horn shooting foul (Tim Duncan draws the foul) 91-82
8:38 91-83 Tim Duncan makes free throw 1 of 2
8:38 Erick Dampier enters the game for Keith Van Horn 91-83
8:38 91-84 Tim Duncan makes free throw 2 of 2
8:19 Dirk Nowitzki makes 19-foot jumper 93-84
8:06 93-87 Manu Ginobili makes 25-foot three point jumper
7:37 Jerry Stackhouse misses 23-foot three point jumper 93-87
7:37 Dallas offensive rebound 93-87
7:37 93-87 Tony Parker loose ball foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
7:37 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 2 94-87
7:37 Dirk Nowitzki misses free throw 2 of 2 94-87
7:37 94-87 Michael Finley defensive rebound
7:26 94-89 Manu Ginobili makes driving layup
7:07 Jason Terry misses 25-foot three point jumper 94-89
7:05 94-89 Tim Duncan defensive rebound
7:00 94-89 Manu Ginobili turnover
6:58 Josh Howard enters the game for Erick Dampier 94-89
6:43 Josh Howard lost ball (Bruce Bowen steals) 94-89
6:33 94-91 Manu Ginobili makes driving layup
6:13 Jerry Stackhouse misses 8-foot two point shot 94-91
6:11 94-91 Tim Duncan defensive rebound
5:54 94-91 Bruce Bowen misses 23-foot three point jumper
5:52 Josh Howard defensive rebound 94-91
5:33 Josh Howard misses 24-foot three point jumper 94-91
5:33 Dallas offensive rebound 94-91
5:33 94-91 Michael Finley loose ball foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
5:33 94-91 Official timeout
5:33 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 2 95-91
5:33 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 2 of 2 96-91
5:11 96-91 Bruce Bowen misses 9-foot jumper
5:09 Dirk Nowitzki defensive rebound 96-91
4:50 Dirk Nowitzki misses 9-foot jumper 96-91
4:50 96-91 Tim Duncan defensive rebound
4:39 96-91 Tim Duncan lost ball (Dirk Nowitzki steals)
4:39 Dallas full timeout
4:39 Keith Van Horn enters the game for Devin Harris 96-91
4:22 Dirk Nowitzki misses jumper 96-91
4:20 96-91 Michael Finley defensive rebound
4:11 Keith Van Horn shooting foul (Manu Ginobili draws the foul) 96-91
4:11 Devin Harris enters the game for Keith Van Horn 96-91
4:11 96-92 Manu Ginobili makes free throw 1 of 2
4:11 96-93 Manu Ginobili makes free throw 2 of 2
3:56 Jason Terry makes 21-foot jumper 98-93
3:38 98-93 Manu Ginobili misses 8-foot jumper
3:35 98-95 Tim Duncan makes layup
3:35 98-95 Tim Duncan offensive rebound
3:16 Bruce Bowen blocks Jason Terry's 19-foot jumper 98-95
3:15 Jason Terry offensive rebound 98-95
3:00 98-95 Tim Duncan shooting foul (Josh Howard draws the foul)
3:00 Josh Howard misses free throw 1 of 2 98-95
3:00 Dallas offensive rebound 98-95
3:00 Josh Howard makes free throw 2 of 2 99-95
2:48 99-95 Tony Parker misses 20-foot jumper
2:47 Jerry Stackhouse defensive rebound 99-95
2:26 Jason Terry misses 26-foot three point jumper 99-95
2:26 Dallas defensive rebound 99-95
2:26 Dirk Nowitzki loose ball foul (Bruce Bowen draws the foul) 99-95
2:15 99-97 Tim Duncan makes layup
1:57 99-97 Michael Finley shooting foul (Josh Howard draws the foul)
1:57 Erick Dampier enters the game for Jerry Stackhouse 99-97
1:57 Josh Howard makes free throw 1 of 2 100-97
1:57 Josh Howard makes free throw 2 of 2 101-97
1:43 101-100 Michael Finley makes 24-foot three point jumper (Tim Duncan assists) 1:27 Jason Terry misses 9-foot jumper 101-100
1:24 101-100 Tim Duncan defensive rebound
1:07 Erick Dampier shooting foul (Tim Duncan draws the foul) 101-100
1:07 Jerry Stackhouse enters the game for Erick Dampier 101-100
1:07 101-100 Tim Duncan misses free throw 1 of 2
1:07 101-100 San Antonio offensive rebound
1:07 101-101 Tim Duncan makes free throw 2 of 2
0:50 Dirk Nowitzki misses 20-foot jumper 101-101
0:49 101-101 Tony Parker defensive rebound
0:32 101-104 Manu Ginobili makes 24-foot three point jumper (Tim Duncan assists)
0:32 Dallas full timeout
0:21 Dirk Nowitzki makes layup 103-104
0:21 103-104 Manu Ginobili shooting foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
0:21 103-104 Robert Horry enters the game for Michael Finley
0:21 DeSagana Diop enters the game for Devin Harris 103-104
0:21 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 1 104-104
0:21 San Antonio full timeout
0:21 104-104 Brent Barry enters the game for Tony Parker
0:21 104-104 Michael Finley enters the game for Bruce Bowen
0:00 104-104 Manu Ginobili misses layup
0:00 104-104 Dirk Nowitzki blocks Tim Duncan's layup
0:00 104-104 Tim Duncan offensive rebound
0:00 Jason Terry defensive rebound 104-104
0:00 End of the 4th Quarter

Before the 101 tie in the last 4 mins of the 4th Quarter, it is TD's 5pts and Fin's 3pts that get to makeup the deficit.

In the 4th Quarter, TD 11pts, Manu 12 pts(9 pts beore the 3-point), Fin 3pts, all 3 players were the reason spurs could have won the game without the foul. because of the foul, spurs lost the game.

Are you see? and in the first quarter spurs down 10pts , what did manu done? 0 PTs, 1 REB, 2TOs, that's all MANU have done!
what he save strength for?
doing madcap foul to confirm that he is the biggest reason spurs win something?

2centsworth
12-26-2006, 04:39 PM
open your eyes, please:

Start of the 4th Quarter
11:27 84-79 Tim Duncan makes free throw 1 of 2
11:27 84-80 Tim Duncan makes free throw 2 of 2
11:07 Jerry Stackhouse misses 21-foot jumper 84-80
11:06 84-80 Tim Duncan defensive rebound
10:51 84-82 Tim Duncan makes layup
10:32 84-82 Michael Finley shooting foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
10:32 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 2 85-82
10:32 Jason Terry enters the game for Devin Harris 85-82
10:32 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 2 of 2 86-82
10:11 86-82 Bruce Bowen misses 25-foot three point jumper
10:11 86-82 San Antonio defensive rebound
10:11 86-82 Tim Duncan loose ball foul (Keith Van Horn draws the foul)
9:53 Jerry Stackhouse makes 10-foot jumper 88-82
9:53 88-82 Manu Ginobili shooting foul (Jerry Stackhouse draws the foul)
9:53 Jerry Stackhouse makes free throw 1 of 1 89-82
9:37 89-82 Manu Ginobili misses 25-foot three point jumper
9:34 Keith Van Horn defensive rebound 89-82
9:32 Josh Howard offensive foul (Manu Ginobili draws the foul) 89-82
9:32 Josh Howard turnover 89-82
9:32 Devin Harris enters the game for Josh Howard 89-82
9:19 San Antonio full timeout
9:19 89-82 Tony Parker enters the game for Nick Van Exel
9:06 89-82 Bruce Bowen misses 25-foot three point jumper
9:03 Jason Terry defensive rebound 89-82
8:55 Dirk Nowitzki misses layup 89-82
8:53 Dirk Nowitzki offensive rebound 89-82
8:53 89-82 Bruce Bowen shooting foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
8:53 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 2 90-82
8:53 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 2 of 2 91-82
8:38 Keith Van Horn shooting foul (Tim Duncan draws the foul) 91-82
8:38 91-83 Tim Duncan makes free throw 1 of 2
8:38 Erick Dampier enters the game for Keith Van Horn 91-83
8:38 91-84 Tim Duncan makes free throw 2 of 2
8:19 Dirk Nowitzki makes 19-foot jumper 93-84
8:06 93-87 Manu Ginobili makes 25-foot three point jumper
7:37 Jerry Stackhouse misses 23-foot three point jumper 93-87
7:37 Dallas offensive rebound 93-87
7:37 93-87 Tony Parker loose ball foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
7:37 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 2 94-87
7:37 Dirk Nowitzki misses free throw 2 of 2 94-87
7:37 94-87 Michael Finley defensive rebound
7:26 94-89 Manu Ginobili makes driving layup
7:07 Jason Terry misses 25-foot three point jumper 94-89
7:05 94-89 Tim Duncan defensive rebound
7:00 94-89 Manu Ginobili turnover
6:58 Josh Howard enters the game for Erick Dampier 94-89
6:43 Josh Howard lost ball (Bruce Bowen steals) 94-89
6:33 94-91 Manu Ginobili makes driving layup
6:13 Jerry Stackhouse misses 8-foot two point shot 94-91
6:11 94-91 Tim Duncan defensive rebound
5:54 94-91 Bruce Bowen misses 23-foot three point jumper
5:52 Josh Howard defensive rebound 94-91
5:33 Josh Howard misses 24-foot three point jumper 94-91
5:33 Dallas offensive rebound 94-91
5:33 94-91 Michael Finley loose ball foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
5:33 94-91 Official timeout
5:33 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 2 95-91
5:33 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 2 of 2 96-91
5:11 96-91 Bruce Bowen misses 9-foot jumper
5:09 Dirk Nowitzki defensive rebound 96-91
4:50 Dirk Nowitzki misses 9-foot jumper 96-91
4:50 96-91 Tim Duncan defensive rebound
4:39 96-91 Tim Duncan lost ball (Dirk Nowitzki steals)
4:39 Dallas full timeout
4:39 Keith Van Horn enters the game for Devin Harris 96-91
4:22 Dirk Nowitzki misses jumper 96-91
4:20 96-91 Michael Finley defensive rebound
4:11 Keith Van Horn shooting foul (Manu Ginobili draws the foul) 96-91
4:11 Devin Harris enters the game for Keith Van Horn 96-91
4:11 96-92 Manu Ginobili makes free throw 1 of 2
4:11 96-93 Manu Ginobili makes free throw 2 of 2
3:56 Jason Terry makes 21-foot jumper 98-93
3:38 98-93 Manu Ginobili misses 8-foot jumper
3:35 98-95 Tim Duncan makes layup
3:35 98-95 Tim Duncan offensive rebound
3:16 Bruce Bowen blocks Jason Terry's 19-foot jumper 98-95
3:15 Jason Terry offensive rebound 98-95
3:00 98-95 Tim Duncan shooting foul (Josh Howard draws the foul)
3:00 Josh Howard misses free throw 1 of 2 98-95
3:00 Dallas offensive rebound 98-95
3:00 Josh Howard makes free throw 2 of 2 99-95
2:48 99-95 Tony Parker misses 20-foot jumper
2:47 Jerry Stackhouse defensive rebound 99-95
2:26 Jason Terry misses 26-foot three point jumper 99-95
2:26 Dallas defensive rebound 99-95
2:26 Dirk Nowitzki loose ball foul (Bruce Bowen draws the foul) 99-95
2:15 99-97 Tim Duncan makes layup
1:57 99-97 Michael Finley shooting foul (Josh Howard draws the foul)
1:57 Erick Dampier enters the game for Jerry Stackhouse 99-97
1:57 Josh Howard makes free throw 1 of 2 100-97
1:57 Josh Howard makes free throw 2 of 2 101-97
1:43 101-100 Michael Finley makes 24-foot three point jumper (Tim Duncan assists) 1:27 Jason Terry misses 9-foot jumper 101-100
1:24 101-100 Tim Duncan defensive rebound
1:07 Erick Dampier shooting foul (Tim Duncan draws the foul) 101-100
1:07 Jerry Stackhouse enters the game for Erick Dampier 101-100
1:07 101-100 Tim Duncan misses free throw 1 of 2
1:07 101-100 San Antonio offensive rebound
1:07 101-101 Tim Duncan makes free throw 2 of 2
0:50 Dirk Nowitzki misses 20-foot jumper 101-101
0:49 101-101 Tony Parker defensive rebound
0:32 101-104 Manu Ginobili makes 24-foot three point jumper (Tim Duncan assists)
0:32 Dallas full timeout
0:21 Dirk Nowitzki makes layup 103-104
0:21 103-104 Manu Ginobili shooting foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul)
0:21 103-104 Robert Horry enters the game for Michael Finley
0:21 DeSagana Diop enters the game for Devin Harris 103-104
0:21 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 1 104-104
0:21 San Antonio full timeout
0:21 104-104 Brent Barry enters the game for Tony Parker
0:21 104-104 Michael Finley enters the game for Bruce Bowen
0:00 104-104 Manu Ginobili misses layup
0:00 104-104 Dirk Nowitzki blocks Tim Duncan's layup
0:00 104-104 Tim Duncan offensive rebound
0:00 Jason Terry defensive rebound 104-104
0:00 End of the 4th Quarter

Before the 101 tie in the last 4 mins of the 4th Quarter, it is TD's 5pts and Fin's 3pts that get to makeup the deficit.

In the 4th Quarter, TD 11pts, Manu 12 pts(9 pts beore the 3-point), Fin 3pts, all 3 players were the reason spurs could have won the game without the foul. because of the foul, spurs lost the game.

Are you see? and in the first quarter spurs down 10pts , what did manu done? 0 PTs, 1 REB, 2TOs, that's all MANU have done!
what he save strength for?
doing madcap foul to confirm that he is the biggest reason spurs win something?
Finley's 3 was nice but it was only 3. the deficit was 20 pts or so. Manu had his 12 pts according to your rundown in the last 4 minutes of the game.

Last 4 minutes are called CRUNCH TIME.

smeagol
12-26-2006, 06:34 PM
upTD you are a sorry excuse of a Spurs fan.

Manu wasn't close to having last year the same amazing kind of playoffs he had the year before. But even with his "average" kind of play, he did his fair share of hustling to win the series against Dallas.

He was the most efficient player in Game 4, when the Spurs lost in Dallas to go down 3 to 1. He scored 73% from the field (8-11) including 4-4 beyond the arc. He also had 4 steals.

Manu had a decent game 5 with a box score of 18/4/5 on 46% shooting from the field. TD had a superb game 5 with 36 pts.

Manu had a superb game 6, a do or die game, when TP (20% from the field, 8 pts) played like shit, and TD (38% from the field, 24 pts) had an average game. He scored 30 pts, shooting 57% from the field. He also has 10 boards and 3 steals in that game, which tied the series.

As 2cents said, Manu scored 12 points in the 4th Q of game 7 and was the spark that ignited the 20 pt comeback the Spurs put together against the Mavs.

Yes, he made the dumbest mistake of his carrier, but he was one of the reasons (if not the most important) the Spurs were even in the position to win that game. Actually, if Manu was not in the game in the 4th Q of that game, the Spurs would have lost by at least 10 pts.

So shut the fuck up, piece of shit hater. You are not a Spurs fan, and if you are, you are a pretty sad one.

2centsworth
12-26-2006, 06:45 PM
As 2cents said, Manu scored 12 points in game 7 and was the spark that ignited the 20 pt comeback the Spurts put together against the Mavs.
I said he had 12 pts in crunch time, but I think he had 20 something for the game.

smeagol
12-26-2006, 06:47 PM
I said he had 12 pts in crunch time, but I think he had 20 something for the game.
Fixed.

Thanks

MaNuMaNiAc
12-26-2006, 07:00 PM
:corn:

GrandeDavid
12-26-2006, 07:26 PM
At this point, I believe each player has at least one player I'd take over him. Having said that, I think all three, especially Tim, are franchise icons. It'd be tough to part with any of them.

pichichi63
12-28-2006, 07:06 PM
trade all the spurs loser fans who want to make a trade after every spurs lost

+1000000!!!!
Absolutely agree with you

dg7md
12-28-2006, 07:13 PM
I'll say it again, our big 3 should never be traded. They have multiple dimensions to create an amazing title-contending core, although they could use another big piece to help contribute. Maggette for example, or any other small forward who can take Bowen's spot as starter, Bowen just isn't as procient defensively this year.

The big three will help us contend for another few years.