PDA

View Full Version : The Good, Bad and Ugly of the NBA

LakeShow
12-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Looking over the nba this season and I have to say this is the worst season that I have seen as far as overall talent and good teams in this League. Lots of blowouts and poor play. No defense being played. Stern has been successful in giving fans some of the worst play in the history of the game.

1/3 of the NBA teams are Good, 1/3 of the NBA teams are Bad, and 1/3 of the NBA teams are just plain Ugly! That's what we have in today's NBA!

dirk4mvp
12-24-2006, 02:25 PM
And this one of the worst East ever. Anybody who makes the East really has a legit shot at coming out and making the Finals.

td4mvp21
12-24-2006, 02:35 PM
I agree I don't really like what the NBA has turned into the last couple of years. It's just not the same as it used to be. Screw Stern.

Rip-Hamilton32
12-24-2006, 02:42 PM
And this one of the worst East ever. Anybody who makes the East really has a legit shot at coming out and making the Finals.

um anyone who makes the playoffs period has a good shot at making the finals..the season has little effect on the outcome of the playoffs besides which teams make it to the playoffs

Burn531
12-24-2006, 02:49 PM
The injuries to players has hurt a lot also. Yao, Lewis, Shaq, McGrady, and Gasol.

HeatOwnzNba
12-24-2006, 04:46 PM

And beating the mavericks yet again.

confined
12-24-2006, 05:40 PM
And beating the mavericks yet again.

highly doubt it

boutons_
12-24-2006, 06:53 PM
"anyone who makes the playoffs period has a good shot at making the finals"

History says this just isn't true, even CBA/post-salary capping.

The Finalists are almost ways taken from the top 4 seeds in each conference.

HeatOwnzNba
12-24-2006, 10:08 PM
highly doubt it

I'm sure you highly doubted it last year too, but
history will repeat itself.

Duncanoypi
12-25-2006, 01:17 AM
history will not be repeated...dallas will not go to finals...spurs is...

Merry Xmas!

SpurForLife
12-25-2006, 01:24 AM
history will not be repeated...dallas will not go to finals...spurs is...

Merry Xmas!

And will be ready to whoop the Heats ass. Though I highly doubt they will be there. More likely Pistons.

bdictjames
12-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Dallas' style of play was adaptable for the Heat, but not for us. We dont have a Dirk stopper like Haslem, and Manu isn't as good as Wade on the offensive end

LakeShow
12-26-2006, 12:50 AM
I agree I don't really like what the NBA has turned into the last couple of years. It's just not the same as it used to be. Screw Stern.

No doubt. I've been raving over the Lakers improvement this year and I must say that I never thought that they would be where they are now. I saw another year of playing together. I now realize it is not that the Lakers had a miraculous improvement (because that is not the case. They still turn the ball over too much and they haven't got their defense together yet, but who knew that they would win so many games while learning to play together) it is that the league is so weak right now and that there are so many pathetic teams in the league that the lakers can win games without Kobe or Lamar.

LakeShow
12-26-2006, 12:54 AM
"anyone who makes the playoffs period has a good shot at making the finals"

History says this just isn't true, even CBA/post-salary capping.

The Finalists are almost ways taken from the top 4 seeds in each conference.
I agree

Chris Childs
12-26-2006, 12:56 AM
No doubt. I've been raving over the Lakers improvement this year and I must say that I never thought that they would be where they are now. I saw another year of playing together. I now realize it is not that the Lakers had a miraculous improvement (because that is not the case. They still turn the ball over too much and they haven't got their defense together yet, but who knew that they would win so many games while learning to play together) it is that the league is so weak right now and that there are so many pathetic teams in the league that the lakers can win games without Kobe or Lamar.

I agree the league do suck right now. :depressed

Keep winning knicks!! :spin

boutons_
12-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Too many teams dilutes the talent.

There aren't (8-player rotation x 30 teams) = 240 quality players good enough to make competitive, watchable games, nor enough quality coaches and GMs to run 30 orgs.

Keep the 82-game schedule but teams same-conference play each other 8 times, and other-conference teams 4 times.

There is talent for 20 teams max, maybe 15.

Every team has 3-6 players who contribute nothing, aren't really NBA players, never will be, never have been, but they're making $1M+ year.

Reduce the number of teams and send half league down to a NBDL system, which itself is really weak. How many NBDL players break into NBA every year? How many every will?

NBA is a business, a cartel. Like every business, esp cartels, it sells the shittiest product possible for the highest price.