View Full Version : Yao's leg is broken out six weeks

SilverPlayer
12-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Poor Houston can not catch a break from the injury bug. They're probably the best team ever assembled that can't ever be considered a contender, because of injuries.

- Yao Ming will miss at least six weeks after fracturing the bone under his right knee in Houston's game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night.

Yao was leaping for a blocked shot as Chuck Hayes and Tim Thomas hit the floor beneath him. Yao's knee appeared to get caught under Thomas' body and Yao immediately grabbed his knee and screamed in pain.

ADVERTISEMENT
Yao was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston, where an MRI test revealed a fracture of Yao's right tibial plateau, trainer Keith Jones said.

The Rockets initially said Yao had only suffered a bone bruise. Now, Jones said he hopes the injury will not require surgery.

"It's a non-displaced fracture, so nothing is way out of the way or out of whack," Jones said. "We think he'll do well with just rest. An option would be to do something more, but we're hoping that won't need to be done."

Without Yao, the Rockets lost to the Clippers 98-93.

The injury ruins the best start of Yao's career. He was averaging 27 points and nine rebounds -- both career bests -- and had topped 30 points in four consecutive games before scoring 22 in Friday's 97-78 victory at San Antonio.

The Rockets were already playing without six-time All-Star Tracy McGrady, who sat out for the seventh straight game with back spasms.

The 7-foot-6, 310-pound Yao now faces rehabilitation for the third time in a year. Last December, he underwent surgery for a toe infection and missed 21 games. Last April, he broke his left foot in Utah and missed the final four games of the season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-rockets-yaoinjured&prov=ap&type=lgns

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Already in the NBA Forum dude. Don't see why you put it HERE anyway.

SilverPlayer
12-24-2006, 04:00 PM

The nba thread was mainly speculation this is the official report "dude." It's in the spurs forum for the same reason Iverson's trade was in this forum.

T Park
12-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Elliott,

Id say Yao Ming getting injured, affects the Spurs big time.

Miss the game the other night?

PM5K
12-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Six degrees of Kevin Bacon....

I guess it's "Major NBA News"...

But I don't give a rats ass and Houston was never a threat to us in a series without T MAC...

lil'mo
12-24-2006, 05:05 PM
daammmnn forum police. how much do the ellis's pay you?

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-24-2006, 05:19 PM
They pay me in Red Bulls. :)

lil'mo
12-24-2006, 05:22 PM
sonofabitch

SAtown
12-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Yaoza

Kori Ellis
12-24-2006, 07:43 PM
It's repetitive (because it was posted in the NBA forum last night at 11pm that it was broken and he was out at least six weeks) but I don't care that it's in the Spurs forum. A major injury in the West impacts the Spurs.

By the way, when I need you guys to tell me which threads belong where, I'll let you know :)

Merry Christmas.

Kori Ellis
12-24-2006, 11:20 PM
easily the most dominant center in the nba, its a shame to see him go down.

Yeah, he was having an incredible season. It's too bad. I don't see how he'll be back in six to eight weeks from a broken bone in his leg, but we'll see.

boutons_
12-24-2006, 11:45 PM
"I don't see how he'll be back in six to eight weeks from a broken bone in his leg"

They didn't give any details about the tibia fracture. I assume it's tiny crack.
Google shows there are lots way to break a tibia, lower, upper, middle, "plafond" (French for ceiling) which is at the very top, the part that carries the cartilege of the knee joint. Plafond fractures are also called bumper fractures, since thats where a car bumper hits a pedestrian leg. ouch!

Knees are more evidence against "intelligent design". :lol Totally unstable mechanically.

I figure the Yao's tibias are bigger, stronger, and denser from supporting his 300+ pounds, so I imagine the same blow to a smaller person could have cracked the tibia through completely.

Kori Ellis
12-24-2006, 11:46 PM
"I don't see how he'll be back in six to eight weeks from a broken bone in his leg"

They didn't give any details about the tibia fracture. I assume it's tiny crack.
Google shows there are lots way to break a tibia, lower, upper, middle, "plafond" (French for ceiling) which is at the very top, the part that carries the cartilege of the knee joint. Plafond fractures are also called bumper fractures, since thats where a car bumper hits a pedestrian leg. ouch!

Knees are more evidcen against "intelligent design". :lol Totally unstable mechanically.

I figure the Yao's tibias are bigger, stronger, and denser from supporting his 300+ pounds, so I imagine the same blow to a smaller person could have cracked the tibia through completely.

Yeah, it could be just a crack. I'm just not sure if they would want Rockets fans to know if he was going to be out for a really long time. They already have TMac down, if Yao was gone for an extended period, no one would show up at the arena :lol

T Park
12-25-2006, 02:21 AM
No one shows up now :lol

Seriously, when the Rockets when to the Finals back to back years, even the year where they won I think 17 in a row, 93 94. Had trouble selling tickets.

TDMVPDPOY
12-25-2006, 06:38 AM
i demand a vbookie, see who recovers first yao or swarzenegga :D didnt he also sustain a broken leg injury on vacation over the weekend?