ducks
12-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Miller has 11 assists, 76ers rout Knicks Philadelphia 98, New York 77
Philadelphia 98, New York 77

Preview - Box Score - Recap

December 23, 2006

AP - Dec 23, 10:40 pm EST
More Photos

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Andre Iguodala is having fun again, thanks to the arrival of Andre Miller.

Iguodala scored 20 points and Miller had nine points and 11 assists in his Philadelphia debut as the 76ers beat the New York Knicks 98-77 Saturday night.

The 76ers have won two straight since the trade of Allen Iverson finally became official, and Iguodala doesn't even mind embarking on a seven-game trip beginning Tuesday at Golden State.

"When you have a player like Andre Miller getting you the ball in the right spot, it makes playing enjoyable," Iguodala said. "I'm excited about the trip and playing with Andre. Even though we're on the road, we'll get to work together."

Iguodala's performance came one night after he scored a career-high 31 points in a victory at Boston, ending the Sixers' 12-game losing streak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Webber had 18 points, Kyle Korver contributed 16 and Samuel Dalembert had 11 for the Sixers (7-19).

Miller, fourth in the league with 9.1 assists per game, and Joe Smith each played their first game for the Sixers since being acquired for Iverson.

"I felt good out there," Miller said. "I'll get more comfortable as we play more games. Tonight I just looked for the guys and got players like Iguodala easy baskets. When you have a guy like Andre who can finish like that, the game isn't that complicated."

Jamal Crawford scored 21 points for New York, which had its season-high three-game winning streak snapped.

Renaldo Balkman had 10 points and David Lee added his fifth consecutive double-double with 10 points and 13 rebounds for the Knicks, who fell to 12-18.

"We didn't have enough gas in the tank," Knicks coach Isiah Thomas said. "I was concerned we might be flat and we were flat."

The Knicks, still playing without three suspended players, quickly cut into a 52-37 halftime deficit by scoring the first six points of the second half. But the Sixers responded with a 7-0 run -- two baskets by Webber and a three-point play by Dalembert -- for a 59-43 advantage.

Philadelphia extended its lead to 20 late in the third quarter and led 75-56 at the end of the period.

Nearly five minutes into the fourth, Iguodala hit a 3-pointer, pushing the Sixers' lead to 84-60. The Knicks never threatened after that point. They shot 42 percent from the field and committed 20 turnovers.

"They gave me as much as they could," Thomas said. "I'm not mad or upset."

The Sixers led by as many as 17 points in the first half on a basket by Willie Green with 3:41 remaining. The Sixers shot 53 percent from the field and outrebounded the Knicks, 24-14.

Notes

Miller and Smith received nice ovations from the crowd when they entered the game at separate points in the first quarter. ... Steve Francis returned for the Knicks after missing the past eight games with tendinitis in his right knee. ... Webber started for the Sixers. He sat out the previous four games with a right ankle and foot injury. ... Green strained his right calf with 4:25 left in the third quarter and did not return.

JMarkJohns
12-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Miller and Iggy better not cost the 76ers a top-2 pick. I imagine there's but two players on the 76ers' wishlist: Oden and Durant. Imagine Durant runnin' with Miller and Iggy? Sick... just filthy sick...