PDA

View Full Version : T.O. frustrated by another loss to Eagles, lack of involvement

ducks
12-25-2006, 10:54 PM
T.O. frustrated by another loss to Eagles, lack of involvement
T.O. frustrated by another loss to Eagles, lack of involvement

By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer
December 25, 2006

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Terrell Owens is 0-for-2 against the Philadelphia Eagles. That's the least of his problems.

While he wore a Cowboys-branded Santa hat on his head, Owens certainly wasn't joyful Christmas night. His frustration was evident after a 23-7 loss, when he scored the only Dallas touchdown, then complained several times that not enough passes are coming his way.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I just feel like I'm not involved early in the game," Owens said. "Everybody knows that's what I do. Every team that I've played on, I've been involved early and often. It's hard to get in the flow when you're getting a ball here, a ball there."

Owens had only three balls come his direction before halftime, all on the drive that ended with his 14-yard TD pass with 36 seconds left to get Dallas within 10-7. He also caught a 9-yard pass and another attempt resulted in an illegal contact penalty against the Eagles.

Those were Owens' only catches in the game.

After the Eagles stretched their lead to 16-7 in the third quarter, Owens let an almost perfectly thrown deep ball by Tony Romo go right through his hands along the sideline. He said there should have been a penalty on Brian Dawkins, who was defending him.

"He bumped me way down the field and I started to regroup. By the time I looked up and located the ball, it was right on me," Owens said.

"All receivers are going to drop the ball," Romo said, downplaying it.

Romo, the Pro Bowl quarterback whose 142 yards were his fewest in his nine starts, threw toward a double-covered Owens early in the fourth quarter. Dawkins was there again, making a nifty over-the-shoulder grab for an interception.

"Late in the game, they start throwing to me," Owens said. "By that time, it's too late. I'm giving full effort. I want to be involved."

Owens didn't have a catch in the first half in his much-hyped October return to Philadelphia, when he finished with only three grabs for 45 yards and the Eagles won 38-24.

This time, Owens hardly had an impact and the Eagles took control of the NFC East race. Dallas could have clinched its first division title since 1998, but now must beat Detroit and have Philadelphia lose to Atlanta in the regular-season finale. The Eagles and Cowboys are both 9-6 and guaranteed playoff spots.

"It's not necessarily embarrassing that we lost to them," T.O. said. "I was embarrassed by the way we played offensively."

Owens insisted it wasn't a personal grudge match for him against the Eagles, the team that he helped lead to the Super Bowl in 2004 before being suspended midway through last year. That included his bitter and public feud with quarterback Donovan McNabb.

T.O. certainly doesn't have a problem with all the Eagles. He spent part of Christmas Eve visiting with some of his former Philadelphia teammates at their hotel.

"What about it?" Owens said. "That shouldn't have any bearing on the game. That's my time and you know those guys are my friends. I'm not going to shy away from my friends for anybody."

As for what he might say to his current quarterback about getting the ball more, Owens indicated that the problem wasn't Romo, but rather the plays being called.

"I don't think it's necessarily anything Tony and I need to talk about. He knows that I'm going to try my hardest to make some plays for him," he said. "When the plays aren't really designed for me to get involved in the offense, he's going to go with the plays that are called."

Owens even got in on defense for a play, as a deep safety about 30 seconds after his touchdown at the end of the first half. But Jeff Garcia, 4-1 since replacing the injured McNabb, instead dumped the ball for a shorter gain and left 1 second on the clock for a half-ending field goal.

Updated on Monday, Dec

ducks
12-25-2006, 10:55 PM
most of his routes seemed to me to close to the sidelines
t.o is better off running more down the middle
that is where he caught the touchdown pass
I watched the game
he needs to get open

MannyIsGod
12-25-2006, 10:59 PM
TO = Drop

Fillmoe
12-25-2006, 11:14 PM
maybe he should stop dropping the ball (PUN INTENDED)

King
12-25-2006, 11:38 PM
TO = Drop

TO = 12 TDs (most in the NFL).

Torry Holt has 12 or 13 drops this year. Nobody talks about that.

Steve Smith has 12 or 13 drops this year. Nobody talks about that.

TO has 14, and people act like he's a terrible WR. He's always had a problem with drops, and he's always been one of the most dangerous, game-breaking WRs in the game. You take the drops with the game-breaking ability.

Fillmoe
12-25-2006, 11:41 PM
TO has 14 and talks 10 times more shit than those other 2 WRs combined..... thats why people mention it

ShoogarBear
12-26-2006, 12:09 AM
TO and the Cowboys is the most beautiful Karmatic marriage of all time.

BUMP
12-26-2006, 12:16 AM
maybe we can trade him for a pass rusher, and a dam safety that can cover. i know Hurd can play, and we know about Crayton, they wont make up for quite as much but they are much less of a hassle. we know what Glenn can do and we know what Witten can do. our offense is fine with those guys. we dont need TO and his crucial drops and constant distractions

leemajors
12-26-2006, 12:21 AM
most of his routes seemed to me to close to the sidelines
t.o is better off running more down the middle
that is where he caught the touchdown pass
I watched the game
he needs to get open

madden kept harping on his sideline routes, and he is right. he is staying way too close to the sideline and leaving romo no room for error on deep routes. shoog, the most karmatic turn would be the boys trading him to the skins this offseason...

MannyIsGod
12-26-2006, 12:25 AM

TO has 14, and people act like he's a terrible WR. He's always had a problem with drops, and he's always been one of the most dangerous, game-breaking WRs in the game. You take the drops with the game-breaking ability.Hey, well then as a Cowboys fan I'm sure you're more than happy with TO. I'm sure the ownership is too. I'm sure thats why he'll be back next year.

I'm fine with TO and his 2947384937489374 TD pases sitting in Dallas forever. All I know is that I've seen TO drop several game changing balls that could have gone for Touchdowns. But all that matters is that you as a Cowboys fan and your feelings about TO which I'm sure consist of happiness and pure joy.

ShoogarBear
12-26-2006, 12:30 AM
shoog, the most karmatic turn would be the boys trading him to the skins this offseason...I would seriously reconsider my season tickets.

RealEstateDude
12-26-2006, 01:14 AM
TO suks

ALVAREZ6
12-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Only last offseason, all you Cowboys were riding his cock.

leemajors
12-26-2006, 12:45 PM

only the offseason before last, you were doing the same.

MajorMike
12-26-2006, 01:36 PM

TO has 14, and people act like he's a terrible WR. He's always had a problem with drops, and he's always been one of the most dangerous, game-breaking WRs in the game. You take the drops with the game-breaking ability.

Half of TOs TDs are less than 10 yards. Most all of TOs drops are down the field.

Holt has 10 TDs, his long is 67 yards.
Marvin 11, long of 68.
Jackson 11, long of 72.
Plastico has 10, long of 55.
TO has 12, long of 51.

TO has the lowest YPC of Marvin, DJ, Plastico. In fact lower than most every major receiver (Johnson, Driver, Wayne, Williams, Boldin, Smith, Walker, Colston, Bruce, Galloway, Clayton, Fitzgerald, Edwards, Muhammad, Brown, etc).

He's a dink and dunk guy who falls down. He's a tall guy who is easy to find at the goalline. He doesn't drop them in the end zone; that's an easy stat. Maybe if he cared more about team instead of hiimself he would shut up and catch a few more of those gimmes down the field.

Sure all wide outs who are 'go to' guys have drops. However, how many of those drops are in critical situations that can effect the outcome of a game? You don't hear of "the drop by Harrison that cost the Colts on a crucial drive" or "the gimme that Holt dropped that could have tied the game for the Rams." Those guys are clutch. TO is simply all about the endzone. If he has a clear path, he's all about the catch. If he's in a dog fight... its most likely a drop, and he will complain about a non-call.

Perhaps, yes, we hear about TO's drops more because he is in the spotlight more. And who's fault is that?

The fact that a cowgirl of irving fan can defend him is almost sickening. You know damn well he is simply a gun for hire and that either he or Parcells one will be gone next year.

I, for one, think they deserve him and everything they get along with him.

StylisticS
12-26-2006, 03:10 PM

Except a couple including me. Never ever in the history of life wanted him in Dallas. I hated him before he came here, hated him while he's here, and will hate him after he's gone. I hope to GOD he is not in Dallas next season. Let him be somebody elses problems.

kskonn
12-27-2006, 11:26 AM
I was at the game on monday and TO was not the only guy droppin balls. There were a couple huge drops by Glenn and crayton in that game. Not sure if the humidity made the ball slippery or what but everyone was dropping the ball.

The deep ball in the 4th quarter that was intercepted was a horribly thrown ball. TO had the corner and the safety beat and Romo needed to throw the ball to the back left corner of the endzone. He misthrew the ball towards the middle of the field and took TO out of the play and Dawkins back in the play.

Both of Romos int. were just poorly thrown balls, no major pressure or lack of an open receiver, just poorly thrown balls.

johnsmith
12-27-2006, 11:41 AM

God I love this. Seriously, don't worry, he won't be on your team next year, you can stop defending him.

johnsmith
12-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Half of TOs TDs are less than 10 yards. Most all of TOs drops are down the field.

Holt has 10 TDs, his long is 67 yards.
Marvin 11, long of 68.
Jackson 11, long of 72.
Plastico has 10, long of 55.
TO has 12, long of 51.

TO has the lowest YPC of Marvin, DJ, Plastico. In fact lower than most every major receiver (Johnson, Driver, Wayne, Williams, Boldin, Smith, Walker, Colston, Bruce, Galloway, Clayton, Fitzgerald, Edwards, Muhammad, Brown, etc).

He's a dink and dunk guy who falls down. He's a tall guy who is easy to find at the goalline. He doesn't drop them in the end zone; that's an easy stat. Maybe if he cared more about team instead of hiimself he would shut up and catch a few more of those gimmes down the field.

Sure all wide outs who are 'go to' guys have drops. However, how many of those drops are in critical situations that can effect the outcome of a game? You don't hear of "the drop by Harrison that cost the Colts on a crucial drive" or "the gimme that Holt dropped that could have tied the game for the Rams." Those guys are clutch. TO is simply all about the endzone. If he has a clear path, he's all about the catch. If he's in a dog fight... its most likely a drop, and he will complain about a non-call.

Perhaps, yes, we hear about TO's drops more because he is in the spotlight more. And who's fault is that?

The fact that a cowgirl of irving fan can defend him is almost sickening. You know damn well he is simply a gun for hire and that either he or Parcells one will be gone next year.

I, for one, think they deserve him and everything they get along with him.

Well put. :tu

samikeyp
12-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Half of TOs TDs are less than 10 yards.

And he could have more if he didn't drop them in the end zone as well.

I realize that most non-Cowboy fans here think those of us who are fans all think exactly alike (Manny, Ice, Capt Mike, Alvarez etc.) but speaking only for myself (which in reality is only what any of us could do) I was not for Owens coming to Dallas and if he were producing up to a level commiserant to his talent I could live with a lot of the crap but he is not. He is still a very talented reciever but IMO he is living on past success. He has had a decent year but not stellar, certainly not of what he is capable of. Trade him in the off season...there are still teams who will drink the Kool-aid (Atlanta comes to mind). If you took TO's physical ability and combined it with Marvin Harrison's maturity, you would have the best WR ever. Sadly, its not combined and now you have a fucking side show which needs to be closed.

Just my .02 (now waiting for the "you're a homer because you are a Dallas fan") response. :rolleyes

johnsmith
12-27-2006, 12:35 PM

I realize that most non-Cowboy fans here think those of us who are fans all think exactly alike (Manny, Ice, Capt Mike, Alvarez etc.) but speaking only for myself (which in reality is only what any of us could do) I was not for Owens coming to Dallas and if he were producing up to a level commiserant to his talent I could live with a lot of the crap but he is not. He is still a very talented reciever but IMO he is living on past success. He has had a decent year but not stellar, certainly not of what he is capable of. Trade him in the off season...there are still teams who will drink the Kool-aid (Atlanta comes to mind). If you took TO's physical ability and combined it with Marvin Harrison's maturity, you would have the best WR ever. Sadly, its not combined and now you have a fucking side show which needs to be closed.

Just my .02 (now waiting for the "you're a homer because you are a Dallas fan") response. :rolleyes

I predict that he'll end up in Baltimore, even after he fucked them a couple of seasons ago.

Oh, and it's not fans like you that we like to talk shit too, it's the ones that are actually sticking up for TO.

ponky
12-27-2006, 12:36 PM

Yup, some people just like to regurgitate whatever the media hypes at any given moment, without thinking on their own. The guy also leads in td receptions but it's more fun to talk about his dropped pass stat because everyone always talks about a receivers dropped pass stats, it's the most important stat of all. That one-handed falling out of bounds pass he caught two weeks ago didn't look THAT easy, it looked beautiful and for that, I'd take him anyday....although I did learn one thing after hanging with family on Xmas day, guys like to bitch about football like they could do a better job than the coach, especially when it's their team playing. :rolleyes

IceColdBrewski
12-27-2006, 12:54 PM

You're a homer because you are a Dallas fan. :D

King
12-27-2006, 01:11 PM
I get TO's rep, but where is the distraction this year? His hamstring injury? It was in the preseason, and Steve Smith and Hines Ward were also out with hammy injuries.

The overdose? He was out on the practice field later that day, and didn't miss a single play because of it. The coach didn't talk about it, and it was swept away in 24 hours when the media realized it was a non-story.

The post game comments? Is he wrong? Chad Johnson complained about his role. Terry Glenn does it. Shockey does it. A lot of players do it. But, when TO does it, it divides locker rooms.

So, the only thing we have is his drops. Drops which aren't far and away more than other top WRs around the league. And drops which still haven't prevented him from putting up the best WR season Dallas has had since the Michael Irvin era. Despite the drops, TO has better numbers than most of the WRs in the probowl this year.

But, the media is trying to make him some big distraction by putting him front and center all year long for absolutely nothing. Post game comments shouldn't lead sportscenter. And people take it hook, line, and sinker.

For the most part, TO should be an absolute non-story this year. But the media has turned nothing into something. There's no side-show. There are no antics. There's no locker room feud. There's nothing there.

Duff McCartney
12-27-2006, 01:30 PM
As much as anyone can complain about TO dropping balls...the problem with the Cowboys is their defense. Roy Williams is the most overrated safety in the game.

The defense is what is absolutely killing the Cowboys. They were the best defense a few years ago, a few years ago...they would rely on their defense to win the games. Now sadly, they have to rely on the offense to win the games because the defense just gives up tons of points.

samikeyp
12-27-2006, 01:49 PM
:lmao
Thanks, Ice. I needed that. Despite your "silver and green" tendencies :)....you rock.

I get what you are saying King but comments like Glenn and TO, IMO, need to stay in house. TO knows that the media is looking at him under a microscope and I think he uses that to get his way.

But, the media is trying to make him some big distraction by putting him front and center all year long for absolutely nothing. Post game comments shouldn't lead sportscenter. And people take it hook, line, and sinker.

I do agree with this though. One minute the media pundits are talking about what a distraction TO is, the next minute they are helping become more of a distraction. They say he's wrong but in reality they love him almost as much as he does. Its like when the league legislates hitting....then sells the "NFL Greatest "Hits"" DVD.

About Williams.....the Cowboys would be better set if they just moved him to LB. He is arguably the best hitter at his position but there is more than just hitting required at that position.

The defense is shaky at best now. They can't get any kind of pass rush. Ware is a beast and Newman IMO should have gone to Hawaii instead of Williams but that is about it. I do like Patrick Watkins but he is still very young.

johnsmith
12-27-2006, 02:25 PM
About Williams.....the Cowboys would be better set if they just moved him to LB. He is arguably the best hitter at his position but there is more than just hitting required at that position.

They need to use Williams the same way the Steelers use Polomlau (or however the fuck you spell his name). He should be moved around and used to stop the run as an 8th man in the box type of a player. He obviously can't cover a pass.

The Broncos use John Lynch as a roaming type of safety as well, and he does a pretty damn good job, as evidenced by him fucking blasting Henry down the sidelines on Sunday and jarring the ball loose on a sure touchdown.

Not to mention the hit Lynch put on Rudi Johnson, I swear Johnson was three feet off the ground on that one.

samikeyp
12-27-2006, 02:27 PM
That would work...because putting him in coverage sure as hell isn't.

StylisticS
12-27-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm frustrated by him being on Dallas. Off he goes to another team to destroy them.

dougp
12-27-2006, 02:53 PM
They need to use Williams the same way the Steelers use Polomlau (or however the fuck you spell his name). He should be moved around and used to stop the run as an 8th man in the box type of a player. He obviously can't cover a pass.

The Broncos use John Lynch as a roaming type of safety as well, and he does a pretty damn good job, as evidenced by him fucking blasting Henry down the sidelines on Sunday and jarring the ball loose on a sure touchdown.

Not to mention the hit Lynch put on Rudi Johnson, I swear Johnson was three feet off the ground on that one.

I've seen Roy play this position a few times, kind of how D Ware does it ... he's insane when he gets off his sacks cause he can hurt the f' out of a qb. I've never understood while he plays deep, they need him on the line.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-27-2006, 07:16 PM
I was at the game on monday and TO was not the only guy droppin balls. There were a couple huge drops by Glenn and crayton in that game. Not sure if the humidity made the ball slippery or what but everyone was dropping the ball.

The deep ball in the 4th quarter that was intercepted was a horribly thrown ball. TO had the corner and the safety beat and Romo needed to throw the ball to the back left corner of the endzone. He misthrew the ball towards the middle of the field and took TO out of the play and Dawkins back in the play.

Both of Romos int. were just poorly thrown balls, no major pressure or lack of an open receiver, just poorly thrown balls.

The difference is Romo isn't telling the whole world how great he is and how perfect he is and how he needs to be throwing the ball more.

Meanwhile, TO tells the whole world how great he is and says the team needs to involve him more, and yet when Romo has him wide open the prick drops a 70 yard touchdown pass.

I wouldn't be that sad at this point if they just cut his ass.

MannyIsGod
12-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Are you freaking kidding me? TO LOVES the media attention and he loves being the center of attention. He does things to make himself the center of attention. You can't sit there and tell me that this is a new schtick because this is the 3rd NFL team he's done it with. Is TO the reason that Cowboys are losing? No. Could he have done more to win the Cowboys a few more games along the lines? YES. Could he do more off the field to make the entire atmosphere better? YES.

TO is what he is. He's a talented football player who provides a lot of distractions and provides coaches with big headaches. I'm glad he's on the Cowboys and not my team, because he's the kind of player I'd hate to root for.

MannyIsGod
12-27-2006, 08:15 PM
The difference is Romo isn't telling the whole world how great he is and how perfect he is and how he needs to be throwing the ball more.

Meanwhile, TO tells the whole world how great he is and says the team needs to involve him more, and yet when Romo has him wide open the prick drops a 70 yard touchdown pass.

I wouldn't be that sad at this point if they just cut his ass.EXACTLY. His drops get so much more attention because he's always running his mouth on how other people need to do something to make them win but he doesn't hold himself to those high standards. Thats the biggest issue with TO, he's very quick to start throwing people under the bus. He's a horrible teammate.

kskonn
12-27-2006, 11:07 PM
I completely agree about him shooting off his mouth, thus causing all the attention to his drops. My only point was that other guys had crucial drops in the last game and just like the media most people on this forum focused only on TO's drops. He also did not throw Romo under the bus, he specifically said that Romo was running the plays that were called and doing the best he could. he said he would continue to work hard for Romo because he owed it to him. He definitely brings the attention to himself but I do not think he is the monster that everyone was is trying to make him out to be. Would I trade him if the right offer came along? yes. Would I want him gone if that meant that parcells would continue to coach? yes.

Also I have never heard him call out and say that other players need to step up their game, I am not saying it didn't happen just show me where. A number of people have said the same thing but have not provided actual quotes or links when I asked them.

Manny you are usually pretty good at providing that stuff so if you have them please post, I have looked and have not been able to find them.

leemajors
12-27-2006, 11:41 PM
he did call garcia gay for no reason, i'm not sure if that meant he should step up his game or not. he is a nutcase and either he has no brain or his mouth has a mind of its own, it's retarded either way.

kskonn
12-27-2006, 11:47 PM
he did call garcia gay for no reason, i'm not sure if that meant he should step up his game or not. he is a nutcase and either he has no brain or his mouth has a mind of its own, it's retarded either way.

Oh yea I remember that... it was funny. Didn't steve marucci say something like that about garcia after he left San Fran?

However I m specifically looking for when he talked about dallas players needing to step up their game.

right now it appears that most of the receivers are questioning the play calling more than they are questioning each other.

Slinkyman
12-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Also I have never heard him call out and say that other players need to step up their game, I am not saying it didn't happen just show me where. A number of people have said the same thing but have not provided actual quotes or links when I asked them.

Are you kidding? TO was suspended several times by Phily for saying crap about McNabb to the media. stuff like, "eagles better off with brett favre instead of Mcnabb" and he "wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl". TO was constantly talking bad about Mcnabb and the eagles organization not to mention his shower fight with hugh douglas. But overall TO is a great teammate.
:spin

dg7md
12-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Are you kidding? TO was suspended several times by Phily for saying crap about McNabb to the media. stuff like, "eagles better off with brett favre instead of Mcnabb" and he "wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl". TO was constantly talking bad about Mcnabb and the eagles organization not to mention his shower fight with hugh douglas. But overall TO is a great teammate.
:spin

Well it seems the Eagles ARE better off without McNabb, but only with Garcia instead. :lol

ALVAREZ6
12-28-2006, 10:45 AM

He does it every year...do you have the right T.O.?

TO's a bitch, and will always be one. He's an ignorant piece of shit that runs his mouth but doesn't live up to his high standards. He sucks. He's extremely overrated. I bet T.O. has no friends.

I wonder if any team would want him after this season.

NBA Junkie
12-28-2006, 10:46 AM
TO can come play for the Vikings. He'd be a great fit with all criminals and pass dropping receivers that the team has.

MWILL
12-28-2006, 04:35 PM
?l ?Fókonn]I completely agree about him shooting off his mouth, thus causing all the attention to his drops. My only point was that other guys had crucial drops in the last game and just like the media most people on this forum focused only on TO's drops. He also did not throw Romo under the bus, he specifically said that Romo was running the plays that were called and doing the best he could. he said he would continue to work hard for Romo because he owed it to him. He definitely brings the attention to himself but I do not think he is the monster that everyone was is trying to make him out to be. Would I trade him if the right offer came along? yes. Would I want him gone if that meant that parcells would continue to coach? yes.

Manny you are usually pretty good at providing that stuff so if you have them please post, I have looked and have not been able to find them.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on everything except for Parcells coaching. I don't think I want Parcells back. I say that due to his playcalling, he got his butt kicked by Payton, he made Vick look like a passing god, & made Eli look like an elite QB.

I don't understand the whole T.O. is a cancer stuff. If you have people complaining about the hat T.O. wore after the Monday Christmas game, (NFL Lives' Yes-men, Mark. ShclerNUTS) they lose credit with me.

kskonn
12-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Again I am not questioning that TO has called out his teamates on the Eagles and San Fran, but a lot of people are saying he has called out his team mates in dallas. I would like to know when he did that, what he said etc.... Not what he said about the eagles, or mcnabb, I want to know where he called out people on the cowboys this year.

ALVAREZ6
12-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Again I am not questioning that TO has called out his teamates on the Eagles and San Fran, but a lot of people are saying he has called out his team mates in dallas. I would like to know when he did that, what he said etc.... Not what he said about the eagles, or mcnabb, I want to know where he called out people on the cowboys this year.
Well I don't know if he called out anyone in specific in Dallas, but he has asked in general for people to step up, while he demanded more touches. In the mean time, TO dropped more and more passes.

K-State Spur
12-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Hell, even Newman (who said about a grand total of 10 words during his 5 years in Manhattan) is telling TO to shut up.

MannyIsGod
12-29-2006, 01:25 AM
Again I am not questioning that TO has called out his teamates on the Eagles and San Fran, but a lot of people are saying he has called out his team mates in dallas. I would like to know when he did that, what he said etc.... Not what he said about the eagles, or mcnabb, I want to know where he called out people on the cowboys this year.I'm not sure he's said anything singling out people, but he definetly has done so in the past. This year I think he'd best be served by not saying anything at all and hitting the field. The fact that he's said anything at all when he's been far from perfect and given his history shows just how much of a self cetnered ass he is.

kskonn
12-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure he's said anything singling out people, but he definetly has done so in the past. This year I think he'd best be served by not saying anything at all and hitting the field. The fact that he's said anything at all when he's been far from perfect and given his history shows just how much of a self cetnered ass he is.

well said. Hopefully Newman finally saying something in public about "players" needing to quit pumping themselves up and just start making plays will sink in. The one guy this year that probably has the right to say that finally said what he needed to say.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-29-2006, 12:00 PM
They need to cut T.O.'s ass right now! He's the reason we lost to the Redskins, if he converted that 4th down pass against the Giants we could've won, and he dropped another pass against Philly that could've turned the game around. We could've been 12-3 right now, but damn T.O.

kskonn
12-29-2006, 12:04 PM
They need to cut T.O.'s ass right now! He's the reason we lost to the Redskins, if he converted that 4th down pass against the Giants we could've won, and he dropped another pass against Philly that could've turned the game around. We could've been 12-3 right now, but damn T.O.

he is also a big part of the reason we have won other games. Despite how much you hate him you can't just give him credit for his drops and not give him credit for the things he has done well.

K-State Spur
12-29-2006, 01:32 PM

well, in fairness, if you cut TO, it's unlikely that his replacement gets open enough to catch those balls that he is dropping. his drops are all the more evident because of his ability to shake defenders in the secondary.

i don't think there's any question that he makes enough plays on field to overcome his mistakes on the field. the question is whether he makes enough plays on the field to overcome his mistakes on the field + attitude + personality + media whore + being mentally unstable.

dg7md
12-29-2006, 02:06 PM
People always talk about what TO does negatively, but he is such a good blocker to open up some open receivers and he can make some amazing catches and is definitely a game-changer.

I see no reason why they shouldn't keep him. They are in the playoffs this year, see what happens then before they take something that has worked to get them here and throw it all away because of all the negative and over exploited hype and media reports.

I'm not saying TO is innocent, but he has points that when he's talked about it's always about his negative things, such as his drops, behavior, etc. I don't see TO getting arrested though or on trial for steroids, like many players in modern sports today. I cut him some slack because I want to see the Cowboys win and I believe he can be a crucial part to them making a playoff run.

TO is more important to the Cowboys than he might seem, he makes a lot of great plays that aren't necessarily on-ball, and he does lead the league in caught TD's, which has to stand for something. I think the team is just in a mental slump at the moment, hopefully a big win versus the Lions will get them ready for the playoffs. I did predict that they'd go 10-6!

MWILL
12-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Hell, even Newman (who said about a grand total of 10 words during his 5 years in Manhattan) is telling TO to shut up.

Newman said that T.O. wasn't the target for his rant. He was talking about the whole team.

kskonn
12-29-2006, 03:34 PM
People always talk about what TO does negatively, but he is such a good blocker to open up some open receivers and he can make some amazing catches and is definitely a game-changer.

I see no reason why they shouldn't keep him. They are in the playoffs this year, see what happens then before they take something that has worked to get them here and throw it all away because of all the negative and over exploited hype and media reports.

I'm not saying TO is innocent, but he has points that when he's talked about it's always about his negative things, such as his drops, behavior, etc. I don't see TO getting arrested though or on trial for steroids, like many players in modern sports today. I cut him some slack because I want to see the Cowboys win and I believe he can be a crucial part to them making a playoff run.

TO is more important to the Cowboys than he might seem, he makes a lot of great plays that aren't necessarily on-ball, and he does lead the league in caught TD's, which has to stand for something. I think the team is just in a mental slump at the moment, hopefully a big win versus the Lions will get them ready for the playoffs. I did predict that they'd go 10-6!

His run blocking is very good. Did anyone else notice that he often lines up as the tight end on goaline plays? And he blocks when he is at that position, he rarely goes out for a pass. Now maybe he is just there as a decoy but there are not to many other receivers I can think of that can or would line up for a blocking scheme.

K-State Spur
12-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Newman said that T.O. wasn't the target for his rant. He was talking about the whole team.

that's called tact. it's clear who newman was aiming at.

MWILL
12-29-2006, 05:05 PM
that's called tact. it's clear who newman was aiming at.

I have to disagree with you on that point. I say that cause it doesn't make sense for a Defensive player to call out an Offensive player, especially when the Dallas "D" is playing the way it is right now. Newman has to be talking about some people on the Defensive side. I'm pretty sure there's players in that looker room (that we don't know) talk a good game but, don't produce on the field.