PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Glory....again!

samikeyp
12-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Champs baby!

Third year in a row :toast

God Bless Marc Bulger! :spin

JMarkJohns
12-26-2006, 10:21 AM
This was just my second year in fantasy sports. In my GOAZCATS.com league, last season I was the second-worst team in the League. It wasn't for lack of talent, as I had it, but injuries (McAlister went down, Walker went down, Houshmenzadeh was injured for long stretches)... I had a great WR core with Harrison, Housh, S. Moss, P. Burress and Walker... I traded Plaxico and Moss for Tony Gonzales and Warrick Dunn, only to have Gonzales suck and a waiver pick up in Droughns make as much as if not more of an impact that Dunn. With just one quality receiver and Eli as my backup, who up to this point had played great, I traded Carson Palmer/Tony Gonzales for Anquain Boldin, Steven Jackson and Brett Favre. Well, from this point forward I won as many games as I lost, but with both Eli and Favre throwing as many picks as touchdowns and still not having a good tight end, I ended up with around four wins.

I said all that to say this. Against largely the same managers (two more in fact), this year, the team I constructed scored the most points in the League en route to a 2nd-place finish. Had Vince Young not gone crazy on Sunday, or had LT and Westbrook hit paydirt each, I'd have taken th game.

In my other League, I won.

"I rocked the house, BIG TIME"
- Crazy Foreign Dude, "CitiBank Credit Card commercial"

I was either in first or second the entire year and won my Title game by the score of 154-106... and I sat Bulger vs. Washington (45 points), in favor of Jeff Garcia vs. Philadelphia (19 points), a gaff that cost me an additional 26 points.

It was fun. Though I think I'm done with fantasy leagues... to do it right it takes a lot of time and going forward, I'm not sure how much of it I'll really care to spend.

samikeyp
12-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Congrats! :toast

I won my title game by 38 points and I wasn't even sure I was making the playoffs when the season started.

JMarkJohns
12-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Congrats! :toast

I won my title game by 38 points and I wasn't even sure I was making the playoffs when the season started.

I just explained in the FFL forum that my 2nd-place team went 0-2 en route to a 3-4 to start the first-half of year. Basically, my season took off the same time LTs did. I was always competative and two of my four losses were by two and three points... Went 6-0-1 down the stretch to make the playoffs, killed my opponant by 50 points last week only to pull up lame on the home stretch. There really wasn't anything I could do, but Ron Dayne was available in that League and I had considered picking him up to start over Westbrook until the Colts/Bengals game last week. Indy convinced me they could stop the run. Had I stuck with my gut, I'd have won. Oh well...