PDA

View Full Version : Ho, Ho, Friggen Ho Cowboys fans! Reports of the Eagles' demise...

IceColdBrewski
12-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Have been greatly exaggerated.

Can you say SWEEP!?

I'd like to dedicate this post to all the Cowboys fans at the game yesterday who kept chanting "Eagles suck!" It really made my Christmas when victory was in hand. TO dropping some big passes was just icing on the fruit cake.

Hope you enjoyed your Christmas. :eyebrows

leemajors
12-26-2006, 12:02 PM
i just wish for once TO could shut the hell up and play. the first pass he caught and bulled for a first down he couldn't resist jawing endlessly. i really hope he's gone next year, he makes me sick. eagles played great.

samikeyp
12-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Yeah...I had to question the timing of the Eagles suck chant. Isn't it better to do that if you are winning?

You will have to get a wider scope than just Cowboys fans, Ice, to include everyone who thought Philly was done when McNabb went down. Alot of the "experts" were saying the same thing even after the win streak got to 3. Guess someone forgot to tell the Eagles they were done. Props to Andy Reid for holding this together and getting his team back to the playoffs.

01Snake
12-26-2006, 12:32 PM

Can you say SWEEP!?

I'd like to dedicate this post to all the Cowboys fans at the game yesterday who kept chanting "Eagles suck!" It really made my Christmas when victory was in hand. TO dropping some big passes was just icing on the fruit cake.

:clap

MajorMike
12-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Romo proves he is a product of the 4-letter network's hype machine, and that he can't play when faced with adversity.

"When Dallas was still within 16-7, Romo played more like a guy who spent 3½ years on the bench than one who earned a Pro Bowl invitation for a half-season’s work."

Romo was chosen for the Prol Bowl after 8 games. His stats at that time:
183 of 276 (66.3%), 2440 yards, 16 TD 10 INT, QB Rating 98.4. Romo beat an Indy team we now know to be in a major slump. His team beat a NYG team after he had 2 INTs and a fumble with no TDs and a passer rating of 58.1. He looked extremely pedestrian in the 2 losses to the only real contenders they have played, getting whooped by the Saints and Eagles on their own turf. He has beaten no one and has a 6-3 record. He has had 3 games (in his last 4) of passer ratings below 60.

In 6 games, Garcia is:
115 of 185 (62.2%), 1280 yards, 10 TD 2 INT, QB Rating 96.2. He lost at Indy dispite his 121.0 QB rating that game in his 1st start. Since then, he has beaten his entire divison on the road plus Carolina, and his lowest QB rating in a game has been 90.9. Plus he won, convincingly, head-to-head.

Garcia was pulled off the bench cold when the world thought he was the #3 QB. Romo was groomed all along to be the starter, and it was speculated for weeks.

Garcia, sweet lisp and all, is a HELL of a lot more deserving of the Pro Bowl than Romo.

leemajors
12-26-2006, 01:02 PM
garcia's offensive line is a hell of a lot better than romo's, and is not getting enough credit for garcia's success - hell, even brian westbrook is rushing for 100 yards against good defenses. give most NFL level qbs time to throw, and they'll get the job done.

BUMP
12-26-2006, 01:44 PM

Can you say SWEEP!?

so? Eagles will just fall short of a superbowl like always

MajorMike
12-26-2006, 02:02 PM
garcia's offensive line is a hell of a lot better than romo's, and is not getting enough credit for garcia's success - hell, even brian westbrook is rushing for 100 yards against good defenses. give most NFL level qbs time to throw, and they'll get the job done.

Philly has one Pro Bowl guard, in his 1st PB. Flozel has been to 3 as has Rivera, and Witten went last year. Philly hasn't had a OL type selected to the PB since they had 10 players go in 2004, even tho their QB and RB have gone during that time.

Lame excuse.

StylisticS
12-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Philly has one Pro Bowl guard, in his 1st PB. Flozel has been to 3 as has Rivera, and Witten went last year. Philly hasn't had a OL type selected to the PB since they had 10 players go in 2004, even tho their QB and RB have gone during that time.

Lame excuse.

Fuck the pro bowl. Many years, players were probably not deserving. See Roy this year.

While you may believe it's a lame excuse, it's still a hell of a lot better than the crap the Cowboys have. The only bright spot is Columbo. Everybody else is a joke, undisiciplined, and soft. Rivera is a joke.

Tony made a bad throw and he will learn not to do that. But something has got to be done with the coaching. Something has got to be done with this team's lack of heart and their discipline. Something has got to be done with the bad playcalling. Why did we run a sweep on 4th and goal. Why did we run a sweep on 3rd and inches. Why does TO always run down the sideline. Why does he never doube move. He consistently runs bad routes and drops passes at bad times. I'm sick of the collapses. I'm sick of the slowfooted bullshit on defense back there especially at the linebacking corp. I'm sick of the lack of pass rush we have had over the past few years. Burnett is a scrub, Spears is a scrub, James has not done a damn thing back there. The only solid players on that defense this year were Terence Newman, Demarcus Ware, Greg Ellis, and Jason Ferguson. The rest needs to be re-evaluated and that includes Roy Williams.

Now to the offense. Again, I ask, why did we run a sweep on 4th and goal. Why did we run 2 straight running plays on 2nd and 3rd and goal. Have you heard of the playaction pass, Bill Parcells. What's the excuse for not getting your receivers involved somehow early. Then when we do, we abandon the run. Yes, again, Romo made a bad play. The coaches are putting him in position to make those plays. We were only down 16-7 with ample time in the 4th to make a comeback. Why not run at a defense that is the 2nd worse against the run in the entire damn NFL. We have a horrible oline, a horrible defense, and a bad coaching staff. Not to mention , bad chemistry.

BILL PARCELLS NEEDS TO FUCKIN GO. And TO needs to pack his bags with him. Why did we run a sweep on 4th and goal?

leemajors
12-26-2006, 03:09 PM

Lame excuse.

it's not an excuse at all, the philly line is playing great right now. the boys line isn't. i don't see how you confused my giving props to the philly line as an excuse for the cowboys overall piss poor play...

dimsah
12-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Why did we run a sweep on 4th and goal?Should have taken the field goal.

StylisticS
12-26-2006, 03:12 PM
I agree, we probably should have. But we probably should have scored on 2nd and 3rd and goal from the damn 1 too.

And also, Romo made some damn good plays in the 1st half as well. Him escaping pressure from Howard and completing a pass to Crayton setting up a 1st down inside the 20 enroute to our 1st touchdown was great. It's the 2nd half where he as well as the team went downhill. I'm not going to be hard on Romo at all. This was a team effort.

ducks
12-26-2006, 04:04 PM
I was happy the eagles won
I would laugh if jeff does better in the postseason then mcnabb
oh wait what has mcnabb did in the postseason
choke!

Melmart1
12-26-2006, 06:47 PM
I had a very Merry Christmas. Why shouldn't I? It's just sports, why would I let a silly thing like a game ruin an entire holiday with my family? And anyone who wishes that another person's holiday was ruined is a complete ass.

IceColdBrewski
12-26-2006, 11:26 PM
I had a very Merry Christmas. Why shouldn't I? It's just sports, why would I let a silly thing like a game ruin an entire holiday with my family? And anyone who wishes that another person's holiday was ruined is a complete ass.

Oh that reminds me. Did anyone catch Romo's girlfriend Carrie Underwood when the game was almost over. Girl looked like she was about to cry. Freakin classic. :lol

dirk4mvp
12-26-2006, 11:29 PM
T.O. sucks and made a stupid ass excuse as always.

samikeyp
12-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Hope you enjoyed your Christmas.

I did and hope you did as well.

The game for me sucked but the holiday was awesome.

MajorMike
12-27-2006, 10:48 AM
it's not an excuse at all, the philly line is playing great right now. the boys line isn't. i don't see how you confused my giving props to the philly line as an excuse for the cowboys overall piss poor play...

The girls line is not to blame for his 2 ints yesterday, that's for sure. He obviously doesn't make good decisions under pressure. Garcia, on the other hand, constantly ran for 1st downs when he couldn't find a target or was under pressure. Neither of those has anything to do with line. Has to do with dealing with adversity, which Romo obviously does not do well.

Typical whinerism spin... praise the QB when they win, blame the line when they don't.

Lame.

StylisticS
12-27-2006, 02:38 PM
The fact remains, the line played horribly last week and has the entire year. Romo made plays is the reason why we didn't say anything in those wins. Also, the defense can't bail out the offense to save their lives. Brady had these type of games in 2002, but his defense bailed him out. Our defense is incapable of doing things like that which is why he is always playing catch up.

He should have been sacked after one of their DE's ran over Rivera but he escaped and threw a pass to Glenn which was dropped. He also threw a damn good pass to TO but he also dropped that. Romo is trying to make plays for the team, but the rest of the offense and coaching is not helping.

leemajors
12-27-2006, 03:17 PM
The girls line is not to blame for his 2 ints yesterday, that's for sure. He obviously doesn't make good decisions under pressure. Garcia, on the other hand, constantly ran for 1st downs when he couldn't find a target or was under pressure. Neither of those has anything to do with line. Has to do with dealing with adversity, which Romo obviously does not do well.

Typical whinerism spin... praise the QB when they win, blame the line when they don't.

Lame.
misconstruing everything is lame. the boys played terrible in just about every department, and lost. qb is only one of the positions that played terrible, there were plenty. are you trying to say philly's line isn't playing well? dallas didn't put much pressure on garcia till late in the game, then he did run well. i don't really get your point, most likely because your perception of my statement is totally off base.

dg7md
12-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Garcia > McNabb

MajorMike
01-03-2007, 09:43 AM
misconstruing everything is lame. the boys played terrible in just about every department, and lost. qb is only one of the positions that played terrible, there were plenty. are you trying to say philly's line isn't playing well? dallas didn't put much pressure on garcia till late in the game, then he did run well. i don't really get your point, most likely because your perception of my statement is totally off base.

Which is EXACTLY my point. Everyone was so on the Homo bandwagon that he got into the Pro Bowl.

Tell me now that he deserves it over Garcia.

leemajors
01-03-2007, 09:54 AM
he doesn't deserve to be in the pro bowl, i really don't see how he got in.

MajorMike
01-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Sorry to confuse people. When saying 'Homo,' was referring to Romo as in wordplay, not Garcia as in real life.