PDA

View Full Version : Steroids!

Fillmoe
12-26-2006, 02:52 PM
so let me get this straight...................

u get caught in baseball and you got to go before the federal grand jury.

u get caught in football and you go to the pro bowl and everyone says you have great energy(roid rage)

anyone else see a problem with this?

:lol :lol

kskonn
12-27-2006, 11:28 AM
maybe this is the way congress is getting back at baseball for the strike they had????

johnsmith
12-27-2006, 11:42 AM

u get caught in football and you go to the pro bowl and everyone says you have great energy(roid rage)

Good point.

Fillmoe
12-27-2006, 06:42 PM
sanityannex avoiding this thread like the plague!

leemajors
12-27-2006, 06:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2709682

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor says the candidacy of his likely chief rival for NFL defensive player of the year, Shawne Merriman, was tainted by a four-game steroid suspension in November.

"You really shouldn't be able to fail a test like that and play in this league, to begin with," Taylor said Wednesday. "To make the Pro Bowl and all the other awards, I think you're walking a fine line of sending the wrong message."

Merriman, who plays outside linebacker for the San Diego Chargers, has denied he's a steroid cheat and blamed his positive test on a tainted supplement.

"A performance-enhancing drug is, obviously, what it is," Taylor said. "You enhance your performance by doing that. You fail that test, I think it's not right. It's against the rules and ultimately I think it's sending the wrong message to the youth in America and the people who look at this game not only as entertainment but also to learn lessons from it."

Taylor has been one of the few bright spots this season for Miami (6-9). In 15 games, he has 13½ sacks, 10 fumbles forced and two interceptions, both returned for touchdowns.

Merriman is tied for the NFL lead in sacks with 15½ in 11 games for the AFC West champion Chargers (13-2). He has four forced fumbles and has one interception.

"He's always making plays," Taylor said. "He's one of the best young talents we have in this game right now as far as defensively, and he has had an unbelievable year. With that being said, there are certain rules and guidelines we have to abide by to play in this game."

Taylor made his comments in a conference calls with reporters in Indianapolis. The Dolphins conclude their season Sunday against the Colts.

Fillmoe
12-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Taylor >>>> Merriman

TheSanityAnnex
12-27-2006, 08:40 PM

When did anyone in baseball openly admit to using performance enhancing drugs?

He served his suspension. This is a non-issue.
:dramaquee

TheSanityAnnex
12-27-2006, 08:41 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/whoo.gif

greenroom
12-27-2006, 10:40 PM

Don't see it as a non-issue at all. I think the NFL is/has a problem with the performance enhancing drugs and if it does not correct the problem it could get as bad as baseballs. IMO

But I do agree you cannot give Merriman the award this year. It just would not be fair to the players that played clean. And I just don't buy Merriman did not know what he was doing/using to get that positive test.

Which is sad, cause he has a great skills

TheSanityAnnex
12-27-2006, 10:48 PM
It doesn't matter if you buy his story or not. He served his suspension, end of discussion. But, I also don't think he should be in the running for defensive player of the year. He'll be able to win plenty of those down the road, give it to someone who wasn't suspended this year.

kskonn
12-27-2006, 11:13 PM
I don't buy his story either, however I know for a fact that he testes clean after his suspension and has not missed a beat. I don't think you should be in the running for any award when you serve a suspension for any sort of substance violation, drugs, alcohol, or steroids. Personally I feel like that should part of the punishment just to add to the severity of what happens when you do not follow the rules.

Slinkyman
12-28-2006, 12:39 AM

jason giambi, jose canseco, david segui to name a few.

by the way i found a pic of merriman that was taken during this past summer.

http://media1.davesdaily.com/pictures/pictures13/701-steroids.jpg

slayermin
12-28-2006, 03:49 AM
The NFL drug policy is so much more stringent than baseball that I agree with SanityAnnex. Whatever Merriman was doing, he won't be doing it anymore if he wants to stay in the league. Christ, they made Ricky Wiliams play in Canada for smoking weed.

TheSanityAnnex
12-28-2006, 04:20 AM
jason giambi, jose canseco, david segui to name a few.
Admitted while they were playing though?

Fillmoe
12-28-2006, 04:24 AM
his roid rage dance needs to go

TheSanityAnnex
12-28-2006, 04:27 AM
Agreed. Along with your jealousy of the Chargers.

samikeyp
12-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Admitted while they were playing though?

Jason Giambi still plays.

TheSanityAnnex
12-29-2006, 12:44 AM
:lmao

"I sent him (Jason Taylor) a Lights Out T-shirt, a Lights Out hat and a bag of popcorn so he can watch us in the playoffs"- Shawne Merriman

scott
12-29-2006, 02:37 AM
He's a juicer, F him.

greenroom
12-29-2006, 07:47 AM

"I sent him (Jason Taylor) a Lights Out T-shirt, a Lights Out hat and a bag of popcorn so he can watch us in the playoffs"- Shawne Merriman

That was kinda funny. But Will love to see the next Miami San Diego matchup :ihit

Fillmoe
12-29-2006, 03:32 PM

Jason Taylor responded by saying he sent him some extra needles and syringes

kskonn
12-29-2006, 03:36 PM

what the hell was jason taylor doing with needles and syringes??? :lol

Fillmoe
12-29-2006, 03:41 PM
what the hell was jason taylor doing with needles and syringes??? :lol

maybe hes a diabetic?

go kill yourself

K-State Spur
12-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Jason Giambi still plays.

Giambi never admitted it (well, he did in court, but not to the fans of the game). He just apologized, but never once said what he was apologizing for.

samikeyp
12-29-2006, 04:41 PM
But he did admit use and he was still (and is still) playing at the time of said admission.

TheSanityAnnex
12-29-2006, 04:58 PM
When did Merriman ever use needles and syringes? You do know what a supplement is right?

samikeyp
12-29-2006, 05:08 PM
When did Merriman ever use needles and syringes? You do know what a supplement is right?

apparently not....he was probably thinking of his own stash. :)