PDA

View Full Version : Hornets' Paul leaves game with ankle injury

Pistons < Spurs
12-26-2006, 11:30 PM
New Orleans Hornets star Chris Paul was carried off the floor Tuesday night against the SuperSonics in severe pain with a sprained right ankle.

Paul, last season's rookie of the year, turned the ankle while landing his foot onto the left foot of Seattle center Johan Petro in the open floor on a Hornets fast break with about 90 seconds left in the first quarter. Paul hopped through the lane and then collapsed beyond the baseline while screaming "Ohhh!" repeatedly and grabbing his ankle.

He then rolled around on his back in pain as play continued momentarily. Once play stopped, the entire Hornets roster and coaching staff rushed to surround Paul in a semicircle while trainers attended to him.

After a few moments on his back, Paul was carried directly into the nearby visitors' locker room by teammate Tyson Chandler. The Hornets announced Paul was "doubtful" to return to the game.

Paul entered as the Hornets' leader with 18.9 points and nine assists per game. He had 13 double-doubles on the season, five in his last seven games. He had six points and seven assists Tuesday.

He averaged 16.1 points and 7.8 assists while winning rookie of the year last season, then helped the United State to the bronze medal in the world championships in Japan before this season.

The Hornets were already missing three of their top six players to injuries: Bobby Jackson (cracked left rib), Peja Stojakovic (back surgery) and David West (right elbow).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2709024

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-26-2006, 11:35 PM
The Hornets are in hell right now.

himat
12-26-2006, 11:38 PM
If they were in the East, it wouldn't be hell. Every game counts in the West and Hornets are going to have to climb out of a deep hole now.

ducks
12-26-2006, 11:48 PM
tp's is now that much closer getting the allstar game
and getting better calls from the refs

Bob Lanier
12-26-2006, 11:53 PM
tp's is now that much closer getting the allstar game
and getting better calls from the refs
Maybe they'll let him take as many steps as James, huh?

Night owl
12-26-2006, 11:58 PM
:cry Fuck, please let it be something minor but with our luck this year, he'll probably be out for a while :pctoss It seems like he was in a lot of pain.

TDMVPDPOY
12-27-2006, 12:01 AM
did he blame it on bruce :D like everyone is....

Bob Lanier
12-27-2006, 12:09 AM
probly lol :spin :)

Marklar MM
12-27-2006, 02:06 AM
I am seriously getting pissed at this shit. I have Rashard Lewis on my fantasy team, and now he is out for a couple months. Now Paul hurts his ankle. Every good player on my fantasy team is getting hurt.

ponky
12-27-2006, 02:26 AM
:cry Fuck, please let it be something minor but with our luck this year, he'll probably be out for a while :pctoss It seems like he was in a lot of pain.

sorry about your team, i like them alright but they are having some horrible luck with all these players out...seems like so many players from different teams have gone to seattle and come out hurt

ponky
12-27-2006, 02:27 AM
I am seriously getting pissed at this shit. I have Rashard Lewis on my fantasy team, and now he is out for a couple months. Now Paul hurts his ankle. Every good player on my fantasy team is getting hurt.

me too, rashard is hurting me big time and i have ray allen too, as soon as he comes back rashard goes out, wtf!?!?!?! oh yes, and monta ellis is on my team as well, fuuuuuuuuck

Marklar MM
12-27-2006, 02:37 AM
me too, rashard is hurting me big time and i have ray allen too, as soon as he comes back rashard goes out, wtf!?!?!?! oh yes, and monta ellis is on my team as well, fuuuuuuuuck

LMAO. I have Ellis as well. Along with Camby and Jermaine O'Neal...although Camby has been relatively healthy.

ponky
12-27-2006, 02:43 AM
LMAO. I have Ellis as well. Along with Camby and Jermaine O'Neal...although Camby has been relatively healthy.

Camby's my man, I've been a fan of his since his Knicks days. He's been doing very well this season, just keep your fingers crossed that he stays healthy!

THE SIXTH MAN
12-27-2006, 03:24 AM
Tank the season and enter the Oden sweepstakes. :hat

CP3 + Oden

ducks
12-27-2006, 09:16 AM
to bad oden is going to stay in school

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Paul's out 2-4 games.