BUMP
12-27-2006, 12:41 AM
time to see if the Suns are for real :fro

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-27-2006, 12:46 AM
Mavs by 11.

RonMexico
12-27-2006, 12:55 AM
I don't know if they can go into Dallas and pull it off, but if they have any pride they will... The Mavs won 119-112 in Phoenix when the Suns were sucking big time, so I hope they can pull it off.

The Mavs have an energetic fan-base so they have a good homecourt advantage and I hope the Suns don't get rattled... If Nash plays like he did against Washington, then it should be really good... unfortunately, Dirk has a personal homecourt advantage in every arena in the NBA when it comes to officiating.

I'll be doing double-duty with the A&M game, though, so it's going to be an intense night all around.

stretch
12-27-2006, 01:45 AM
unfortunately, Dirk has a personal homecourt advantage in every arena in the NBA when it comes to officiating.

STFU

ponky
12-27-2006, 01:46 AM
I don't know if they can go into Dallas and pull it off, but if they have any pride they will... The Mavs won 119-112 in Phoenix when the Suns were sucking big time, so I hope they can pull it off.

The Mavs have an energetic fan-base so they have a good homecourt advantage and I hope the Suns don't get rattled... If Nash plays like he did against Washington, then it should be really good... unfortunately, Dirk has a personal homecourt advantage in every arena in the NBA when it comes to officiating.

I'll be doing double-duty with the A&M game, though, so it's going to be an intense night all around.

Why wouldn't they have pride? They will play well and as long as both teams play well it should be a good game. Way to break out with the faggy officiating excuse BEFORE the game...worried much?

BTW, know who attempted more free throws than anyone else in the league in the 04-05 season? Look it up loser. (Hint: He plays for the Suns)

Know who attempted more free throws than anyone else in the league in 05-06? Four guys before Dirk.

Know who's number seven right before Michael Jordan in highest number of FTAs shot in the history of the league? (Hint: He plays for the Suns)

I thought you'd be the last guy to whine about officiating, AND BEFORE A GAME, HAHA you'll probably pee your pants on gameday wuss.

J.T.
12-27-2006, 02:49 AM
Should be a great game and a close one too. Mavs are probably the better team but PHX can put points on the board, I'll go with my gut and say Mavs though.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-27-2006, 03:21 AM
I would have rather seen this Christmas day.

Xylus
12-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Suns will win a tight game that features clutch shooting by Nash and a pretty dominant performance by Leandro Barbosa.

The Mavericks don't give the Suns problems like the Spurs do. Suns and Mavs always play each other pretty evenly. And it'll be interesting to see how the Mavs handle the addition of Amare Stoudemire.

StylisticS
12-27-2006, 01:00 PM
unfortunately, Dirk has a personal homecourt advantage in every arena in the NBA when it comes to officiating.

Your post was great until you got here. C'mon man, this didn't need to be added. Sounds like us Mavs fans from the finals. :lol

ponky
12-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Suns will win a tight game that features clutch shooting by Nash and a pretty dominant performance by Leandro Barbosa.

The Mavericks don't give the Suns problems like the Spurs do. Suns and Mavs always play each other pretty evenly. And it'll be interesting to see how the Mavs handle the addition of Amare Stoudemire.

Yes, the Amare *addition* will be great to watch but it will also be interesting to see how the Suns handle a much improved Josh Howard who is no longer a rookie and cna play well both ends of the floor.

George Gervin's Afro
12-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Yes, the Amare *addition* will be great to watch but it will also be interesting to see how the Suns handle a much improved Josh Howard who is no longer a rookie and cna play well both ends of the floor.

UH the Suns have 3 or 4 Josh Howard's on their team.. WHen teams account for Howard he is a below avg player..when teams have to account for Dirk..then Howard roams free to do his business..

stretch
12-27-2006, 01:32 PM
UH the Suns have 3 or 4 Josh Howard's on their team.. WHen teams account for Howard he is a below avg player..when teams have to account for Dirk..then Howard roams free to do his business..
you truly are the epitome of a moron.

ponky
12-27-2006, 01:38 PM

Haha, you should watch some games before talking about how teams bother JHO...because they don't. Everyone has an off night here and there but JHO is probably the most consistent baller on the team for his numbers/minutes. You shouldn't pull rabbits out of your ass unless you know what you're talking about.

As for the Suns, my point was that last time they beat us, JHO was a rookie and since then, he's evolved. Diaw is inconsistent as hell and overpaid, Barbosa (I really like him) is very good but not at the same level as JHO yet, he lacks confidence sometimes when his game is off, but when he's on, he plays very well so we'll just have to see which guy shows up. JHO is a better defender than either of those guys so no, the Suns really don't have 3-4 JHOs.

George Gervin's Afro
12-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Haha, you should watch some games before talking about how teams bother JHO...because they don't. Everyone has an off night here and there but JHO is probably the most consistent baller on the team for his numbers/minutes. You shouldn't pull rabbits out of your ass unless you know what you're talking about.

As for the Suns, my point was that last time they beat us, JHO was a rookie and since then, he's evolved. Diaw is inconsistent as hell and overpaid, Barbosa (I really like him) is very good but not at the same level as JHO yet, he lacks confidence sometimes when his game is off, but when he's on, he plays very well so we'll just have to see which guy shows up. JHO is a better defender than either of those guys so no, the Suns really don't have 3-4 JHOs.

Uh how many points and rebounds did howard get when Bowen stuck him? I am going out on a limb and assume his numbers were below his season avgs... hence my point was correcft... the suns are the most athletic team in the league with 3 or 4 players who equal howard's athleticism.. why don't you pull your head out of howard's a$$ and admit when a team accounts for him his numbers plummet.. that happens to all players you kool aid drinker... When teams game plan for Tony parker he is relegated to being a bystander.. this isn't strictly a howard issue.. why don't you try and watch a game yourself?

The_Game
12-27-2006, 03:30 PM
time to see if the Suns are for real :fro

I don't get this comment, why do the suns need to prove they are for real? It's the other way around. The Mavs need to prove they are for real and can beat a healthy suns team.

Texas_Ranger
12-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Dallas will kick their ass back to Phoenix.

angel_luv
12-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Get the win Phoenix! :)

BUMP
12-27-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't get this comment, why do the suns need to prove they are for real? It's the other way around. The Mavs need to prove they are for real and can beat a healthy suns team.

which is why we beat them in their house earlier in the year.

I dont get this comment.

JMarkJohns
12-27-2006, 06:19 PM

I dont get this comment.

We've gone over this already. There's a huge thread on it before. You faced and beat the pre-healthy Amare Suns. Now is the post-healthy Amare Suns.

Anyways. I don't think the Mavericks have to prove they can beat the Suns. Even in 2004-05 they beat the Suns at least three, if not four times counting the playoffs.

As for Josh Howard, typically a second star does benefit from the main star on a team. Josh Howard is a very good player. He's very tough to defend because he does so many things well. However, he certainly benefits from defenses keying on Dirk. That's how it works. Superstar draws attention/double/triple teams and the team benefits from the open lanes/open shots.

And where did this "the last time the Suns beat the Mavericks JHo was a rookie" thing come from? The Suns beat the Mavericks four times last year in what was Josh Howard's third professional season. I wouldn't even argue that he played like a rookie last year. While he's certainly a better player this year than last, he was far from a "rookie" last year. His actual rookie year of 9 points, 5 rebounds, 43% FG and 30% 3FG differs greatly from his implied rookie year of 16 points, 7 rebounds, 47% FG and 42% 3FG.

Hopefully the Suns regain their focus, remember to rebound more than anything offensively and attack the basket, then they'll do well. I'd almost rather their stroke from range stay gone so they can develop another way to win.

Xylus
12-27-2006, 06:23 PM

I dont get this comment.

Dallas was 0-4 and Phoenix was 1-4 when the two teams met earlier this year, so that game wasn't really indicative of how these two squads can play. Dallas is back to playing at an elite level, and Phoenix has finally formed its defensive chemistry.

Dallas and Phoenix have a tendency to ignore home-court advantage when playing each other, and Nash always enjoys showing up Mark Cuban. Home-court advantage will mean little tomorrow night.

da_suns_fan__
12-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Should be a great game.

Too much Nash will be the Mavs undoing.

RonMexico
12-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Your post was great until you got here. C'mon man, this didn't need to be added. Sounds like us Mavs fans from the finals. :lol

I need to pre-load my excuses before the game starts, so I don't have to ruin what will be a great game with the inevitable bitching I will infuse when this game hits the 4th quarter. (In which case, I will simply re-quote myself from the earlier post, so it all works out.)

You need to take into account the pressure-packed day I have on Thursday: first, an annual 2-on-2 basketball game with my buddies with about $50 on the line (I'm afraid because I've been drinking too much in the past year and the elevation change when I come from Houston to Phoenix kills my endurance already); A&M v. Cal in a HUGE bowl game for them after the UT win and the 1-pt losses to OU and Nebraska... oh, and I hate Cal; and then Suns/Mavs with a LOT at stake (i.e. 05 playoffs - Suns won... 06 - Mavs won; the teams are split 10-10 in their last 20 games against each other; it's on the road for the Suns, which is where teams that want to be great have to win; and I've talked too much shit on this message board to have my boys tank it).

That's probably a little too much personal information for all of you, but I just thought I'd throw it out there to convey the fact that I've never taken a December regular season game so seriously in my life. I'm merely saying that I will forgo all post-game complaining about officiating by putting it all in here before the game starts... for whatever that's worth.

On the Josh Howard sidebar, he is a really good player and dangerous for any team with his size and athleticism. Where he is most dangerous to the Suns is when they try and double-team (Suns resort to double-team strategies against Dirk almost every game; and this new Dampier could be more of an X-factor than anyone has mentioned, in my opinion)... if Howard knocks down the open 3, then it's really bad for the Suns and he absolutely kills them on the offensive glass anyways because he has long arms, the Suns don't box out, and he's quick to the ball... 6-8 pts on Howard put-backs could be a difference-maker in the game.

Still, please stop coddling his ego by giving him such a little baby-Mav affectionate name like "JHo." I'm 90% sure Howard gave himself this nickname and forced everyone in the Dallas media to begin using it - not unlike the time he predicted that he and D-Wade would "cancel each other out." He needs to win a title or get an all-star appearence before I'll support it. Until then, I'm still sticking with "Brace Face," (classic from 2 yrs ago) "GayHo," or "douchenuts."

And before anyone starts talking about the "STAT" nickname for Amare, I'll go ahead and say I don't care for that one either.

RonMexico
12-27-2006, 07:31 PM
BTW, know who attempted more free throws than anyone else in the league in the 04-05 season? Look it up loser. (Hint: He plays for the Suns)

Amare's season of 795 FTAs still ranks number 63 all-time, behind (*gasp*) #53 Jerry Stackhouse's 810 in 2001 and #8 Michael Jordan's 972 in 1987.

Know who attempted more free throws than anyone else in the league in 05-06? Four guys before Dirk.

Blah, blah - we've discussed this before: Spurs fans say it's because Dirk is a "jump shooter"; I still maintain there is an American Airlines Center bias against the Suns. It never really affected me or made me angry until last year's playoffs when he breaks a FT record held by Jordan, gets 24 FTA against the Spurs in the WCSF, and gets around 40% of his FTA by flailing around, flopping, yelling, or running into former MVPs feet and rolling his ankle... I also wouldn't get as pissed off if he didn't shoot 90%+ from the line because that just pours salt in the wound.

Know who's number seven right before Michael Jordan in highest number of FTAs shot in the history of the league? (Hint: He plays for the Suns)

I'm assumming you meant Charles Barkley, and he's actually behind Jordan in the list by about 130 FTs. Secondly, Barkley's highest FTA seasons were when he was still with Philadelphia and not with the Suns.[/QUOTE]

I thought you'd be the last guy to whine about officiating, AND BEFORE A GAME, HAHA you'll probably pee your pants on gameday wuss.

Meh, as if this game isn't important enough, I needed to start a little shit-talking... the posting seems like it's been in a lull since Christmas (except for the Spurs-Bucks thread that blew up... hahah), so I wanted to add as much spice possible for a December regular-season game.

Budkin
12-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Mavs are going to pwn the Suns. Mavs by 12 at least, but probably more like 20.

The_Game
12-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Mavs are going to pwn the Suns. Mavs by 12 at least, but probably more like 20.

You are acting like the suns are a freaking lottery team.

BUMP
12-27-2006, 08:10 PM
You are acting like the suns are a freaking lottery team.

its the regular season, anything can happen. we beat the Spurs by 20 early in last year's season

1Parker1
12-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Is the game on national tv?

RonMexico
12-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Is the game on national tv?

Yeah - TNT... I forget who is in the second game.

sribb43
12-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah - TNT... I forget who is in the second game.
Nuggets and Sonics. Ray Allen will miss the game for the birth of his child, so not much to watch except for AI

ponky
12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Uh how many points and rebounds did howard get when Bowen stuck him? I am going out on a limb and assume his numbers were below his season avgs... hence my point was correcft... the suns are the most athletic team in the league with 3 or 4 players who equal howard's athleticism.. why don't you pull your head out of howard's a$$ and admit when a team accounts for him his numbers plummet.. that happens to all players you kool aid drinker... When teams game plan for Tony parker he is relegated to being a bystander.. this isn't strictly a howard issue.. why don't you try and watch a game yourself?

Umm, you do realize JHo had only played one game before the last Spurs game because of an injury right? He had limited minutes (16 to be exact) and score 12 points in those 16 minutes... less minutes > Bowen's D when it comes to JHO...or maybe you're talking about the first game of the season where he scored 20 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists in 35 min of play?...my point is, JHO's numbers RARELY plummet and I don't see the Suns with their *great* defense causing JHO's numbers to plummet. I understand what you're saying but stating the obvious doesn't make you a genius...putting three guys on MJ would make his numbers plummet too, big wow.

ponky
12-27-2006, 11:55 PM

Right because they weren't healthy at the beginning of the season. I don't make excuses for the Mavs shitty start, I'd expect the Suns not to make any either...oh wait, it's a Spurs fan talking, that explains it.

ponky
12-28-2006, 12:03 AM
We've gone over this already. There's a huge thread on it before. You faced and beat the pre-healthy Amare Suns. Now is the post-healthy Amare Suns.

Oh I see, so two days AFTER the Mavericks win against the Suns, Amare was miraculously healthy again....TWO days later when he went 10-14 for 25 points, along with 14 rebounds and two blocks. Haha, alright, whatever.

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Right because they weren't healthy at the beginning of the season. I don't make excuses for the Mavs shitty start, I'd expect the Suns not to make any either...oh wait, it's a Spurs fan talking, that explains it.

There's a difference between an excuse and a reason. Blaming the refs for a loss is an excuse. Saying your team committed too many fouls is a reason.

I think you'd be hard pressed to prove that there's no correlation to injuries or injured players having an impact on team chemistry. Certain players playing hobbled, playing careful in limited minutes with new players or players they hadn't played with in over a year... certainly that's a reason for some early season struggles. Not year long. But certainly for a period of time.

ponky
12-28-2006, 12:19 AM
There's a difference between an excuse and a reason. Blaming the refs for a loss is an excuse. Saying your team committed too many fouls is a reason.

I think you'd be hard pressed to prove that there's no correlation to injuries or injured players having an impact on team chemistry. Certain players playing hobbled, playing careful in limited minutes with new players or players they hadn't played with in over a year... certainly that's a reason for some early season struggles. Not year long. But certainly for a period of time.

My point is that Amare had a great game with 25 minutes of playing time two days after he played the Mavericks, he was healthy. Against the Mavericks he played 35 minutes and did so-so, not terrible but average. You really think they would've played him 35 points had he not been healthy? Their win streak began about a week later, not much changed with his health or game (they played like two games in-between?). All I'm saying is that we played them healthy, if you're not healthy don't play and use it as a *reason* later when you lose. Had they won, it wouldn't even be an issue...and they nearly did win, they were shooting lights out. Of course injuries affect a team's chemistry but Amare played some summer ball, had pre-season and it's not like there were any big changes at the top so he had plenty of time to get adjusted...and, he was healthy when he played us, he just didn't play well. It's not like he hasn't had off games during the streak, he's had several sub-20 games in December.

ponky
12-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Meh, as if this game isn't important enough, I needed to start a little shit-talking... the posting seems like it's been in a lull since Christmas (except for the Spurs-Bucks thread that blew up... hahah), so I wanted to add as much spice possible for a December regular-season game.

You sure did that, good luck tomorrow...umm, I'm talking about your 2 on 2 basketball game...even luck won't help your Suns boyz tomorrow!!! :p:

Seriously, should be a very good game tomorrow assuming one side doesn't blow out the other which I don't think will happen.

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh I see, so two days AFTER the Mavericks win against the Suns, Amare was miraculously healthy again....TWO days later when he went 10-14 for 25 points, along with 14 rebounds and two blocks. Haha, alright, whatever.

In the five games prior to the 35 minutes played vs. Dallas, Amare had averaged just 15.2 minutes per game. I'd say when one player gets more than double his current average of minutes played, it will certainly have an affect on chemistry, as the player whom was getting those other 20 minutes wasn't on the floor as much, which means those who shared time with him on the floor no longer are. Also, factor in that Diaw was still a fatass and you have two players working themselves back into playing health/shape at the expense of others. Bell also missed the game.

While Amare may have been capable of production, was said production within the current team plan? How much did his teammates have to adjust to him getting 20 extra minutes than they were used to? How did their diminished shot attempts affect their stroke? Since Amare is strictly an attack the basket type of player, either off the two-man pick-n-roll or in the post, how did they adjust to just standing around waiting for something to happen rather than moving around creating something, either off screens or off the dribble?

In the five games prior not only averaged 15.2 minutes per game, but a mere 8.8 PPG on just 5.8 shots per. Dallas was certainly the one of the first games of Amare's progression, but to say his team was able to play the same with him as they had played without him is laughable.

As I've said, this Suns team and this Mavs team are completely different animals than the two teams that battled in a pretty closely-fought contest in early November. Each team struggled early. Each team has had a double-digit win streak since. To expect something based on that game seems a bit off to me.

Still, I place a lot of stock in this game. Dallas is a very good team and its strength is one of the Suns biggest weaknesses - rebounding. Still, I think the Suns are plenty capable. We'll just have to see...

ponky
12-28-2006, 12:37 AM
In the five games prior to the 35 minutes played vs. Dallas, Amare had averaged just 15.2 minutes per game. I'd say when one player gets more than double his current average of minutes played, it will certainly have an affect on chemistry, as the player whom was getting those other 20 minutes wasn't on the floor as much, which means those who shared time with him on the floor no longer are. Also, factor in that Diaw was still a fatass and you have two players working themselves back into playing health/shape at the expense of others. Bell also missed the game.

While Amare may have been capable of production, was said production within the current team plan? How much did his teammates have to adjust to him getting 20 extra minutes than they were used to? How did their diminished shot attempts affect their stroke? Since Amare is strictly an attack the basket type of player, either off the two-man pick-n-roll or in the post, how did they adjust to just standing around waiting for something to happen rather than moving around creating something, either off screens or off the dribble?

In the five games prior not only averaged 15.2 minutes per game, but a mere 8.8 PPG on just 5.8 shots per. Dallas was certainly the one of the first games of Amare's progression, but to say his team was able to play the same with him as they had played without him is laughable.

As I've said, this Suns team and this Mavs team are completely different animals than the two teams that battled in a pretty closely-fought contest in early November. Each team struggled early. Each team has had a double-digit win streak since. To expect something based on that game seems a bit off to me.

Still, I place a lot of stock in this game. Dallas is a very good team and its strength is one of the Suns biggest weaknesses - rebounding. Still, I think the Suns are plenty capable. We'll just have to see...

How much did his team adjust? HAHAHAHAHA, check the stats and you'll see how much they had to adjust, they could've all score 50 apiece had he not played!!! So alright, you wanna stick to this he was healthy right after the Mavs game, haha, go ahead homer, it's fine with me, I could give a shit. Hope he's feeling well, his minutes have fallen off the last three games.

ponky
12-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I'll agree to disagree with you, good luck tomorrow JMJ!

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 12:44 AM
...Had they won, it wouldn't even be an issue...

Which is exactly the angle you're taking, isn't it? Since your 0-4 Mavs won that game, then proceeded to win eleven more before their next loss, all was right.

However, had your Mavs lost and dropped to 0-5, perhaps Chemistry issues or mental weakness would have been a *reason* and the message I now preach would be typed from your keyboard.

Fact is, I'm still baffled as to why the Mavs started out as poorly as they did. It's not really like they had injured players they were getting reacclimated, or players out with injury. I know Terry struggled early, but it's not like the Mavericks offense really depends on a drive-n-dish PG to generate points. Perhaps you could explain. Just be careful not to say that these struggles had an affect on the win/loss record, 'less the *reason* be dubbed an excuse :dramaquee

As I've said over and over again, both teams are a complete 180 degrees different than they were in that game. Players that were out of shape or injured are now productive and are such within a team concept.

There will be no *reason* why the Suns can't win this game. They are healthy, they are productive on both ends and they are acclimated to each other. If they don't, it's because they got beat, not because they lost.

OK? No excuses from my end.

Play who ya got
Beat who ya play
Never let yourself be in a position where one bad play/call can cost ya a win

That's my manifesto.

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 12:51 AM
How much did his team adjust? HAHAHAHAHA, check the stats and you'll see how much they had to adjust, they could've all score 50 apiece had he not played!!! So alright, you wanna stick to this he was healthy right after the Mavs game, haha, go ahead homer, it's fine with me, I could give a shit. Hope he's feeling well, his minutes have fallen off the last three games.

You're still not getting it. Prior to Dallas, he was a role player. Not many points on not many shots. In Dallas, in big minutes and with more shots, he was more. Sure, in that game, Amare was good, but how did his good affect his teammates, many of whom, like Diaw, Jones, Thomas and Barbosa to an extent, hadn't played significant, if any, minutes with him. Hadn't shared significant shots with him. Hadn't had to adjust offensively or defensively to his touches or his presense.

I'd say the game prior to Dallas, the one vs. San Antonio, was the game where Amare started becoming Amare again. But it was a process. It took some getting used to. Not only did they have to adjust to what he took, but he had to adjust to what they took. Remember, three of his teammates, JJ, Richardson and Jackson, were no longer with the team. Chemistry is developed through familiarity and repetition. Something that his limited role in limited minutes prior to the game against Dallas just hadn't afforded.

I don't see why this is so hard for you to understand.

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 01:00 AM
Also, could you at least explain what you meant when you claimed the Suns hadn't beatin' the Mavericks since Josh Howard was a rookie?

I just don't get that. You said it twice, so it couldn't have simply been a slip.

Just wondering. You seemed anxious to critique my line of thought. Hows abouts a little clarification on yours? Could your "Josh was a rookie" argument possibly be contrued as a *reason* why the Mavericks lost to the Suns in those games in question? That is inexperience with teammates and role within a team possibly had an ill affect on his team's chances within a game? That his level, at the time, wasn't up to his current ability? Is that where you are headed, or like you and my comments on chemistry and player reacclimation affecting a games, am I taking the ball and running in directions never intended?

Anyways...

"... You's gots so 'splainin' chu do!!!"
- Ricky, "I Love Lucy"

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Post #10 in this thread... (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1348020&postcount=10)

...much improved Josh Howard who is no longer a rookie and cna play well both ends of the floor.
NOTE: Post has not been edited as of December 27, 2006.

Post #13 in this thread... (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1348059&postcount=13)

...As for the Suns, my point was that last time they beat us, JHO was a rookie and since then, he's evolved....
NOTE: Post has been edited once, at 12:01 a.m. on December 27, 2006.

Two different posts. Both seem to claim that an inexperienced and unacclimated rookie (Josh Howard) had an ill affect on your Mavs chances vs. the Suns.

Again, I'm not sure when this time was, since Howard was a rookie over three seasons ago, but the fact that you're infering something that you've blasted me for seems a bit ironic, no?

That said players inexperience and unfamiliarity with his teammates possibly affected the outcome of a game or two? That as said player got more and more familier with his role and his teammates, that said team was better off than when he was getting (re)acclimated? It's, at the very least, implied.

ponky
12-28-2006, 03:25 AM
you wrote all this while i was away doing stuff? haha, get a life, i'm not reading all that crap, don't have the patience or time right now. BTW, I edit a lot after re-reading what I write and realizing that I made a spelling/grammatical error so don't make assumptions about my *edits*...just to answer one of your more pressing questions (i'm laughing as i write this), what i meant with the jho reference is that the suns beat the mavs in the playoffs three season ago when jho was a rookie, comprende ese? *shakes head*...alright, back to playing some xbox with my friend

btw, yes THIS IS AN EDIT, RIGHT HERE, THIS PART...i never used jho's rookie status as a reason for our loss in that series three years ago, there were several reason we lost...don't take stuff out of context...i merely mentioned that jho has evolved as a player from three years ago, which IS a fact

mavsfan1000
12-28-2006, 03:33 AM
Mavs will finally dim the suns. Josh Howard will have a big game. The suns will get badly outrebounded as well. These 2 things will decide the game imo.

stretch
12-28-2006, 09:32 AM
I don't see why this is so hard for you to understand.

probably for the same reason that we dont understand why you think the Suns are a good defensive team. it simply makes no sense, except to the clueless.

TDMVPDPOY
12-28-2006, 11:31 AM
the bookies have mavs favorite to win this game....

i like the suns oddss though

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Posts on the topics within this thread...

Ponky, 11
JMJ, 8 (counting this one)

So, you can say I'm the one who hasn't got a life, but you've still posted more and on more topics than I... Solly Cholly...

BTW, The season that Josh Howard was a rookie, the Suns missed the playoffs. The next season, Howard's second in the League, was the year the Suns beat Dallas 4-2 in the Semi-finals.

But, I fail to see how that has anything to do with anything as I can just as fittingly say that your Mavericks haven't ever defeated the Suns with Amare in the playoffs.

Neither has adds any finality to the topic. Neither closes the book as if to say, "Well, one team has a player that the other hasn't beatin' in a years. Guess we know the outcome before the games are played."

And, you can revisionist spin the comments anyway you want, but you were certainly using Howard's status, inexperience and unfamiliarity as a crutch for why the Mavs lost back then. Now that said player has improved, said team he plays for chances have improved. Which, if you take names and teams out, is exactly what I was saying.

Nice try, but...

"NEXT!!!"
- Soup Nazi, "Seinfeld"

Xylus
12-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Prediction:

Suns - 114
Mavs - 107

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Dirk's Flops - 119
Sun's Score - 120
Mavs Score - (less than 120)
Josh Howard's chest pumps - 25
Jason Terry's lip puckers - 35
Number of posts bitching at me about this - approx. 20

Man, I slept in until 11 today and the game is still 7 hours away...

stretch
12-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Nash's Assists - 12 or more
Amare's Dunks - at least 5
Marion's Dunks - at least 5
Barbosa's/Bell's Threes - at least 8
Rebounding Margin - Mavs +15
Amount of defense played - ZERO.
Wins against the Mavs after this game - ZERO.

dallaskd
12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
itll be a crazy game. mavs will win, they are getting on another long winning streak!

dallaskd
12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
score:

Mavs-141
Suns-139
in 3OT

ponky
12-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Dirk's Flops - 119
Sun's Score - 120
Mavs Score - (less than 120)
Josh Howard's chest pumps - 25
Jason Terry's lip puckers - 35
Number of posts bitching at me about this - approx. 20

Man, I slept in until 11 today and the game is still 7 hours away...

Haha, I stayed up late on purpose so that I could wake up as late as possible...I made it to about one pm...only four hours away now! It's going to be hard trying to watch both games tonight but I'll watch the Mavs up the halftime and then quickly watch the Spurs/Jazz game for a bit, keep flipping (tivo) or I could just not get online (wah!) and watch the Mavs game first then the Spurs game, but the other night the Mavs announcer told everyone about the Spurs loss so I don't want to chance it.

ponky
12-28-2006, 08:47 PM
10 point lead by the Mavs, end of the first quarter 30-20...D'Antoni went apeshit and got a called up with a technical

Amarelooms
12-28-2006, 08:49 PM
10 point lead by the Mavs, end of the first quarter 30-20...D'Antoni went apeshit and got a called up with a technical

Stop posting on the Spurs message board...what kind of Mavs fan are you?

ponky
12-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Stop posting on the Spurs message board...what kind of Mavs fan are you?

the kind that thrives on IRKING the Spurs...haha...you know i like you alright, i just like to smacktalk with whoever bites

1Parker1
12-28-2006, 09:01 PM
This is a boring game so far.

Key to beating Dallas is making Harris a non-factor. I don't even think he's that good, but he seems to do a lot of little things out there: get the charge, steals, etc.

Amarelooms
12-28-2006, 09:06 PM
This is a boring game so far.

Key to beating Dallas is making Harris a non-factor. I don't even think he's that good, but he seems to do a lot of little things out there: get the charge, steals, etc.

Spurs fan calling the Mavs/Suns boring lol...classic. Note to homer no team is more boring to watch than the Spurs....

1Parker1
12-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Spurs fan calling the Mavs/Suns boring lol...classic. Note to homer no team is more boring to watch than the Spurs....

To each her own. I just expected this game to be more uptempo and fast.

ponky
12-28-2006, 09:12 PM
To each her own. I just expected this game to be more uptempo and fast.

What an idiot. You must be talking about your own game right now.

Leetonidas
12-28-2006, 09:22 PM
What an idiot. You must be talking about your own game right now.
Do you ever stop being a bitch? The Spurs have 58 points to Dallas' 52 so yeah, STFU.

ponky
12-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Do you ever stop being a bitch? The Spurs have 58 points to Dallas' 52 so yeah, STFU.

Right, because I was talking to another Mavs fan about the game and some Spurs fan interjected with a stupid comment. Stop being such a fucking idiot and a hater for a second and get back to me when you beat us...that should get rid of you for awhile.

Leetonidas
12-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Right, because I was talking to another Mavs fan about the game and some Spurs fan interjected with a stupid comment. Stop being such a fucking idiot and a hater for a second and get back to me when you beat us...that should get rid of you for awhile.
She found it boring because it wasn't as high octane as expected? How the hell is that a stupid comment? Quit being a fucking bitchy hater and understand that not every comment is a diss to your team bitch.

Amarelooms
12-28-2006, 09:49 PM
She found it boring because it wasn't as high octane as expected? How the hell is that a stupid comment? Quit being a fucking bitchy hater and understand that not every comment is a diss to your team bitch.

How dare you call her a bitch...uncalled for SPurs homer. :nope

Leetonidas
12-28-2006, 09:52 PM
How dare you call her a bitch...uncalled for SPurs homer. :nope
STFU Suns fan.

1Parker1
12-28-2006, 09:52 PM

:lol Thanks for defending me :makeout

Most Mavs fans are complete dumbasses. It's like they think the entire world is out there to hate on their team, but they find it completely ok for them to diss other teams.

For the record, I was in no way dissing the Mavs or the Suns. I was simply pointing out that the first half of this game was a little boring since I expected a lot more run and gun style of basketball, especially considering the two teams playing, that's all. Suns, however, are sucking it up so it's been a one sided game mostly.

:rolleyes

1Parker1
12-28-2006, 09:53 PM
BTW, Nash has been playing amazing. I didn't think he deserved the MVP award last year, but he's doing a pretty great job this season so far of keeping the Suns in games.

Amarelooms
12-28-2006, 09:57 PM
STFU Suns fan.

Is your avatar a pic of Duncan smiling with pleasure while you're on your knees blowing his little penis?

1Parker1
12-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Is your avatar a pic of Duncan smiling with pleasure while you're on your knees blowing his little penis?

It's actually a pic of Duncan laughing at Dirk and the Mavs face while wearing his 3 championship rings.

1Parker1
12-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Damn, I just stooped down to troll level. I take that back. Let's just go back to discussing the Mavs vs Suns game. It's actually starting to get a little interesting as the Suns slowly crawl back into it.

Leetonidas
12-28-2006, 10:02 PM
lol Sun fan got pwned.

sprrs
12-28-2006, 10:04 PM
There's some sensitive Mavs fans in this thread. People have been calling the Spurs boring for years and we don't get all pissy about it.

Usually anyways >_>

Leetonidas
12-28-2006, 10:09 PM
I guess when you have 8 Spurs blowout wins in the month of December, it does get kinda boring.

Amarelooms
12-28-2006, 10:10 PM
It's actually a pic of Duncan laughing at Dirk and the Mavs face while wearing his 3 championship rings.

We all know Timmy is too much of a pussy to do that........

resistanze
12-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Jones is ROASTING these dudes...

kingsfan
12-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Bout time Suns took the lead. Come on Suns!

Leetonidas
12-28-2006, 10:23 PM
We all know Timmy is too much of a pussy to do that........
If you believe Tim is pussy then Dallas must really fucking suck because he owned their asses last year.

And if Tim is a pussy what does that make Dirk? A soft, sticky anus?

IGNORANT MAVS FAN
12-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Stop being such a fucking idiot and a hater for a second and get back to me when you beat us...that should get rid of you for awhile.
The season series is split 1-1. Spurs beat us at home, and we beat spurs at their home.

Amarelooms
12-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Bout time Suns took the lead. Come on Suns!

Haha still bitter from the 30 point ass kicking? Don't worry the Mavs will take it out on the Queens next time.

IGNORANT MAVS FAN
12-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Wonder who a kid like amarelooms roots for in a game like this?

IGNORANT MAVS FAN
12-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Haha still bitter from the 30 point ass kicking? Don't worry the Mavs will take it out on the Queens next time.
Houston beat us by 30....

Amarelooms
12-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Hhaha the Phoenix coach in the worst ever...keep shooting...keep running...what a genius

kingsfan
12-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Haha still bitter from the 30 point ass kicking? Don't worry the Mavs will take it out on the Queens next time.Shut your bandwaggoning ass up.

Leetonidas
12-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Hhaha the Phoenix coach in the worst ever...keep shooting...keep running...what a genius
Gee, wasn't that the Dallas Maverick philosiphy until about 2 years ago?

itzsoweezee
12-28-2006, 10:41 PM
holy shit. what a dunk by amare.

dg7md
12-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Raja Bell sucks.

jman3000
12-28-2006, 10:44 PM
great game

jman3000
12-28-2006, 10:44 PM
i think... haven't seen much of it... but if the score is indicative then it is.

Amarelooms
12-28-2006, 10:47 PM
where's that loser that said this game was boring?

LEONARD
12-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Dirk is good...

Bob Lanier
12-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Dirk is a choker. In my 53 years of coaching, watching, and playing basketball I've never seen a softer pussy who's helped more by the refs. Remember the '06 Finals? What a choker.

LEONARD
12-28-2006, 10:49 PM
hahahahaha...RonMexico OWNED....

dg7md
12-28-2006, 10:50 PM
To be fair, Leonard, he choked when it mattered most, the finals. Although goddamit the Suns choked.

atxrocker
12-28-2006, 10:51 PM
To be fair, Leonard, he choked when it mattered most, the finals.

:fro

Leetonidas
12-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Probably the most clutch shot Dirk will ever hit, but good for him. The Mavs played good D down the stretch.

Amarelooms
12-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Probably the most clutch shot Dirk will ever hit, but good for him. The Mavs played good D down the stretch.

Why were you watching a boring game?

dieman8686
12-28-2006, 10:54 PM
No it was last year in the playoffs against the Grizs, where we needed a three to win. AND of course against the Spurs making a three point play to win the series :fro

ponky
12-28-2006, 10:55 PM
There's some sensitive Mavs fans in this thread. People have been calling the Spurs boring for years and we don't get all pissy about it.

Usually anyways >_>

Nah, I'm not sensitive, I just didn't think it was a boring game...did you think it was boring? A blowout is awesome but it's not too exciting. I get bored when the Mavs win in blowouts and do other stuff while watching the game.

Amarelooms
12-28-2006, 10:55 PM

Umm you know nothing...against the Heat Dirk hit consecutive clutch shots with under a min only to have Wade walk his ass to the line over and over.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-28-2006, 10:56 PM
why in the hell did amare have the last shot. it's funny how devin and howard have developed there whine after a foul is called against them. i hate to say it, but they maybe learned it from duncan, THEIR IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ponky
12-28-2006, 10:56 PM
holy shit. what a dunk by amare.

that was an awesome dunk...i thought he was getting tired because his last three games, his minutes have dropped and it showed in the last couple of free throws he took but that dunk, i was like FUCK!!!!!

dieman8686
12-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Wut i loved was the defense by the Mavs in the fourth qtr. :king Still proves defense still owns offense, plus we held them below 99 points. The last time they scored below 100 was on Nov 24 against the Nets(99 as well) :fro.

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Dallas' pesky defense should be credited for many of the Suns turnovers. Those turnovers cost the Suns the win. Tough breaks... Dallas made the big shots down the stretch. All I can say is obviously the Suns can defend. Any Mavericks gonna claim differently now? Suns still have some issues on the boards, but they battled. Can't take anything away from them for their effort.

Dallas won this game after I thought they'd lost it. I thought the Suns were on the verge of a double-digit win in the fourth. Shame they couldn't hold on. Thought the refs were a little too ticky tack towards both teams. Let them play. Too many free throws. Really slowed down the game. Too many touch fouls down low. Contact happens, let the players down low work through it. Like I said, both way. For every Diaw and Marion there was plenty if touch fouls called on Dampier and Diop.

I do believe homecourt was the deciding factor. Amare missed many, many FTs because of the noise and "bricks" being waived in front of him.

Great game. Playoff intensity. Suns need to work on staying with solid play late when they have their opponant down, rather than going for the crazy pass or killer three.

Long post to basically say good game to mavs fans. Lots of smack leading up to this game and, despite the loss, I think the Suns proved they do defend, they do battle and must simply learn to handle pressure defenses better in the half court.

Dirk's shot was great. Howard's unbelieveable.

LEONARD
12-28-2006, 10:59 PM
To be fair, Leonard, he choked when it mattered most, the finals. Although goddamit the Suns choked.

While Dirk didn't have the greatest series of his career, he far from "choked"...the team as whole DID choke. Dirk hit a tough game winner that was a distant memory after Wade's game winning FT's...

CruelMonkey
12-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Great game. Suns are really fun to watch, especially the chemistry between Nash and Amare.

Mavs played good D down the stretch, and Raja Bell choked. If the Suns had Kevin Martin, they would have won, but thank god they don't :D

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:01 PM

i'm staring at this t-shirt i bought last week while in dallas...it has a pic of dirk's most important clutch shot to date...manu's in it too! just playing with you, it's all cool, i talk a lot of smack, sorry i called you a hater earlier...oh wait, you called me a bitch...FUCK YOU TOO BITCH!!!

dieman8686
12-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Raja Bell choked.
It's called defense :dramaquee .

Leetonidas
12-28-2006, 11:02 PM
i'm staring at this t-shirt i bought last week while in dallas...it has a pic of dirk's most important clutch shot to date...manu's in it too! just playing with you, it's all cool, i talk a lot of smack, sorry i called you a hater earlier...oh wait, you called me a bitch...FUCK YOU TOO BITCH!!!

Haha no problem.

I really don't think that is a clutch shot as much as a stupid ass mistake by Manu. It was gonna be a dunk if Manu didn't foul him but it went in anyway.

Can't wait for January 5th. :hungry:

StylisticS
12-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Nash is also unbelievable. That alley-oop to Amare was amazing. He had a between the legs backward pass to Marion but he missed the layup.

What an unbelievable game that was. I was cheering like it was a game in May :lol. I guess Phoenix has taken Sacramento's place as the team to have great games with the Mavs. Not looking forward to play the Suns next time. It takes age off of me. :lol

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Dallas' pesky defense should be credited for many of the Suns turnovers. Those turnovers cost the Suns the win. Tough breaks... Dallas made the big shots down the stretch. All I can say is obviously the Suns can defend. Any Mavericks gonna claim differently now? Suns still have some issues on the boards, but they battled. Can't take anything away from them for their effort.

Dallas won this game after I thought they'd lost it. I thought the Suns were on the verge of a double-digit win in the fourth. Shame they couldn't hold on. Thought the refs were a little too ticky tack towards both teams. Let them play. Too many free throws. Really slowed down the game. Too many touch fouls down low. Contact happens, let the players down low work through it. Like I said, both way. For every Diaw and Marion there was plenty if touch fouls called on Dampier and Diop.

I do believe homecourt was the deciding factor. Amare missed many, many FTs because of the noise and "bricks" being waived in front of him.

Great game. Playoff intensity. Suns need to work on staying with solid play late when they have their opponant down, rather than going for the crazy pass or killer three.

Long post to basically say good game to mavs fans. Lots of smack leading up to this game and, despite the loss, I think the Suns proved they do defend, they do battle and must simply learn to handle pressure defenses better in the half court.

Great assessment and the Suns can certainly play better D this season. Also, I've always been a Kurt Thomas (*The Devil*) fan, too bad he got in early foul trouble, I don't think the Suns utilize him as much on the defensive end. This game was very exciting, I'm glad it was competitive, I think it's always better for good teams to play tough close games and be forced to keep up the intensity than to play blowouts.

The only thing I don't like is that Dirk is getting all the kudos for the last shot but Terry kept us in the game and is the man of the game.

lefty
12-28-2006, 11:11 PM

But you don't have Mavs Championship T-shirt

I have 3
:ihit :ihit :ihit

pking
12-28-2006, 11:12 PM

While I'm not ready to crown them as a good defensive team, I do agree that Phoenix can defend at times. I was kinda shocked at some of the OK defense they played. We only shot 41% for the game and not all of that was bad shooting on our part lol

I don't really think homecourt was a huge factor. Look at the FTs Jho and Devin missed in the fourth. Amare shoots 77%, it's not like he's a great FT shooter.

I thought our D was good at times but PHX shot over 50% for the game. We did get some big key stops in the fourth though.

Good game. I was nervous! ha.

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Can't wait for January 5th. :hungry:

I can't wait either...I'm in Austin and REALLY wanna go to the game but my bf can't make it and he'll be jealous. Should be a great game, both teams should play hard because you know that last game of the season might not matter if the coaches sit the starters like they like to do!

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:15 PM
But you don't have Mavs Championship T-shirt

I have 3
:ihit :ihit :ihit

history is nice but i live in the present...but you go ahead, sometimes people need their linus blankets when things get scary

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 11:15 PM
I quick look at the boxscore would certainly back up my earlier claims of this Suns defense being much improved. Dallas scored 101 points on 41% shooting from the field, 5% worse than their seasonal percentage. Suns forced 18 turnovers, four more than the Mavericks 13.8 seasonal average.

Once again, the Suns loss was two-fold: Allowed too many offensive rebounds (15, which actually isn't too bad for them :rolleyes ) and their inability to handle the Mavericks pressure defense. Suns shot 51% from the field and 64% from range, but they committed 21 turnovers, six more than their seasonal average.

Anyways... good game. These stats don't mean as much in a loss, but I am really happy with the Suns defensive effort tonight. Maybe in the long run it's not enough, but watching this game, I didn't get the sense like they weren't trying their hardest. I didn't finish the game thinking they could have won had they played any defense. It was the exact slugout of a game I'd hoped for to guage the Suns ability. Yes, they failed to win it, but in year's past, they weren't even in games like this, let alone battling it out for 40 minutes of a 48 minute game. Save for four minutes to end the first quarter and four minutes in the middle of the fourth, they played both ends and did so with great effort and effectiveness.

Next game... I hope :oops

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:19 PM
I quick look at the boxscore would certainly back up my earlier claims of this Suns defense being much improved. Dallas scored 101 points on 41% shooting from the field, 5% worse than their seasonal percentage. Suns forced 18 turnovers, four more than the Mavericks 13.8 seasonal average.

Once again, the Suns loss was two-fold: Allowed too many offensive rebounds (15, which actually isn't too bad for them :rolleyes ) and their inability to handle the Mavericks pressure defense. Suns shot 51% from the field and 64% from range, but they committed 21 turnovers, six more than their seasonal average.

Anyways... good game. These stats don't mean as much in a loss, but I am really happy with the Suns defensive effort tonight. Maybe in the long run it's not enough, but watching this game, I didn't get the sense like they weren't trying their hardest. I didn't finish the game thinking they could have won had they played any defense. It was the exact slugout of a game I'd hoped for to guage the Suns ability. Yes, they failed to win it, but in year's past, they weren't even in games like this, let alone battling it out for 40 minutes of a 48 minute game. Save for four minutes to end the first quarter and four minutes in the middle of the fourth, they played both ends and did so with great effort and effectiveness.

'bof teams played hard!

dallaskd
12-28-2006, 11:19 PM
And if Tim is a pussy what does that make Dirk? A soft, sticky anus?

a long, hard, powerful black penis

lefty
12-28-2006, 11:20 PM
history is nice but i live in the present...but you go ahead, sometimes people need their linus blankets when things get scary

At least we have some history...
And Mavs have no future ; they won't win it this year, nor the following seasons....Dirk retires, mavs get another 20 years of frustration

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:20 PM

oh my...uh, i need another rum and coke

lefty
12-28-2006, 11:21 PM

Yeah right...at least Tim didn't choke in the Finals....................
:lol :lol :lol :lol

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 11:22 PM
'bof teams played hard!

Tru dat!

dg7md
12-28-2006, 11:22 PM

:lol Like how Mavs fans don't gloat about beating the Spurs last year like you just did?

If you had the rings you'd gloat too.

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:23 PM
At least we have some history...
And Mavs have no future ; they won't win it this year, nor the following seasons....Dirk retires, mavs get another 20 years of frustration

oh shit, then i better cancel my season tickets, cancel league pass and die...haha, whatever bitch, you wouldn't say shit about the mavs if you weren't worried about them...just concentrate on your team and don't worry about us so much...look at how many dirk threads are started in the spurs forum, it's pathetic...and before you come back with "this is a spurs forum," i posted this in the nba forum, not the spurs forum

just like a silly spurs fan to interject when not needed...i had no qualms with essayspur, we were just talking some silly smack, so fuck off.

Duncanoypi
12-28-2006, 11:23 PM

at least we have a history of winning a championship...not once but thrice...

and dallas? :dramaquee

dieman8686
12-28-2006, 11:24 PM
:lol Like how Mavs fans don't gloat about beating the Spurs last year like you just did?

If you had the rings you'd gloat too.
It's still 2006 and you won your rings in over two+ years ago, now thats gloating, since the NBA is a lot diff and the Mavs too...
Can't compare the time :ihit

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:24 PM
look at all these spurs fans coming in here talking shit when suns and mavs fans are doing alright together talking about the game...hilarious...leave it to spurs fans to try and derail the convo to claim the spotlight when no one gives a shit about their team in this thread

lefty
12-28-2006, 11:26 PM
and don't worry about us so much

No problemo ; I'm not worried by the Dallas Mavericks
:lol :lol :lol

Amare_32
12-28-2006, 11:26 PM

Anytime the Suns are outrebounded is likely a loss. They have to be at least even or close on the boards to win the game plus those turnovers don't help still it was only a 2 point loss. Tomorrow we get to play Starbury and the hapless Knicks.

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 11:27 PM
look at all these spurs fans coming in here talking shit when suns and mavs fans are doing alright together talking about the game...hilarious

That's because neither fanbase has really anything to complain about. One shot here or there... That's it. That's the difference. Home team one by a bucket.

That's what's supposed to happen when two (near)equal teams slug it out.

One bucket...

It's in Phoenix, it's probably the other way around. We'll just have to wait to find out.

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:29 PM
That's because neither fanbase has really anything to complain about. One shot here or there... That's it. That's the difference. Home team one by a bucket.

One bucket...

It's in Phoenix, it's probably the other way around. We'll just have to wait to find out.

this is true...hey, the mavs/suns play against each other only three times this year right?

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 11:31 PM
All I want to say is that I ban Mavs fans from using FT attempts to counteract complaints by opposing teams. Suns shot 8 less FTs but had 7 more fouls than the Mavs. From now, I want do demand that posters only discuss officiating in terms of total personal fouls.

There were times tonight where Dirk/Diop went over the back to grab an offensive rebound and then got fouled, which is much more important than simple FT attempts. Fouls such as ones where Devin Harris is untouched and at the FT line for a 3-point opportunity mean more in personal fouls and changes of momentum than what can be measured in simple FT attempts. Also, cheap fouls on Marion which led to him getting 5 fouls give a nice look to Dirk for the game winner.

I'm not even going to get into specifics related to this game, but touch fouls that get Kurt Thomas 3 first quarter fouls and get Devin Harris to the line late in the game affect a lot more in the game than what is measured in the stats.

All-in-all, great game... I'm pissed... goodnight.

BUMP
12-28-2006, 11:33 PM
excuses are like.....its getting old

did the refs make Dirks last shot go into the basket?

Amare_32
this is true...hey, the mavs/suns play against each other only three times this year right?

2 more games left. One in Phoenix and one in Dallas.

stretch
All I can say is obviously the Suns can defend. Any Mavericks gonna claim differently now?

its fine to be able to defend for the first three quarters. but if you cant make key defensive stops at the end of the game, how can you consider yourself a good defensive team? the Mavs made big stops, and the Suns didnt. the Suns still don't play good enough defense to win a championship. if you cant make key stops at the end of the game, you cant win a championship. thats a fact.

Amare_32
12-28-2006, 11:34 PM
its fine to be able to defend for the first three quarters. but if you cant make key defensive stops at the end of the game, how can you consider yourself a good defensive team? the Mavs made big stops, and the Suns didnt. the Suns still don't play good enough defense to win a championship. if you cant make key stops at the end of the game, you cant win a championship. thats a fact.

Explain Game 6 of the NBA Finals. Terry had a wide open 3 and missed.

stretch
12-28-2006, 11:34 PM
All I want to say is that I ban Mavs fans from using FT attempts to counteract complaints by opposing teams. Suns shot 8 less FTs but had 7 more fouls than the Mavs. From now, I want do demand that posters only discuss officiating in terms of total personal fouls.

There were times tonight where Dirk/Diop went over the back to grab an offensive rebound and then got fouled, which is much more important than simple FT attempts. Fouls such as ones where Devin Harris is untouched and at the FT line for a 3-point opportunity mean more in personal fouls and changes of momentum than what can be measured in simple FT attempts. Also, cheap fouls on Marion which led to him getting 5 fouls give a nice look to Dirk for the game winner.

I'm not even going to get into specifics related to this game, but touch fouls that get Kurt Thomas 3 first quarter fouls and get Devin Harris to the line late in the game affect a lot more in the game than what is measured in the stats.

Fuck you, you little bitch ass pussy. its a fucking regular season game. blame your team for not being able to make key defensive stops. not the refs you shitfaced bastard. go fuck yourself.

dg7md
12-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Mavs fans are enough to make me hate everything about the city I live in (Dallas). :lol

stretch
12-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Explain Game 6 of the NBA Finals. Terry had a wide open 3 and missed.
first, misses happen from time to time. but you cant count on that happening every game.

second, that has nothing to do with the fact that the Suns still dont have a good defense.

third, whoever was defending him grabbed his jersey when he shot it. he still could have made it, but it wasnt like there was absolutely no one around him or anything like that.

stretch
12-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Mavs fans are enough to make me hate everything about the city I live in (Dallas). :lol
Spurs fans are enough to nearly make me hate humans in general for how stupid and braindead that humans are capable of being.

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:39 PM

Spurs fans, I apologize. THIS GUY is the

BIGGEST

PUSSY

EVER!

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Fuck you, you little bitch ass pussy. its a fucking regular season game. blame your team for not being able to make key defensive stops. not the refs you shitfaced bastard. go fuck yourself.

You're a fucking retard - they played defense and good defense.

15 offensive rebounds - 5 of them were on over-the-back non-calls by Dallas - 3 of those led to FTs by the Mavs.

You're the fucking shit-faced, motherfucking, can't hack it, dick-loving, no-knowledge, pussy as bitch that can't see past a post stating that I'm sick of Mavs fans' only defense being FT attempts when fouls (whether called or not) are the largest complain among Suns, Spurs, and Mavs fans.

Suns held your pussy ass team to 41% shooting on your home floor. They just had lapses in defense and rebounding during stretches (no pun intended on your gay-ass name) in the 1st and 4th quarters... all of which added up to a 2-point loss on a good shot and shitty in-bounds play.

Fuck you, you cocksucking faggot and start reading/listening to people's arguments rather than crowning your teams champions over a game that could have gone either way.

I'll admit I was hoping for OT.

ponky
Spurs fans are enough to nearly make me hate humans in general for how stupid and braindead that humans are capable of being.

just ignore him, he acts like his team's fanbase doesn't talk shit, fucking homer, trying to derail the thread and make us remember the spurs, they'll get theirs next friday, this thread is not about the spurs

stretch
anyways, the fact is, this was a regular season game. lets wait till the playoffs before any real trash talking occurs. it was a great, entertaining game, and the Mavs prevailed this time. the game is over, and its time to move on. its just the regular season.

dieman8686
What the hell are you talking about both sun's fan and mavs fun are having a good talk(besides stretch recently), then some spur fans come in here talking about their last three rings....

Amare_32
12-28-2006, 11:41 PM
first, misses happen from time to time. but you cant count on that happening every game.

second, that has nothing to do with the fact that the Suns still dont have a good defense.

third, whoever was defending him grabbed his jersey when he shot it. he still could have made it, but it wasnt like there was absolutely no one around him or anything like that.

Yes I know I remember seeing Payton pulling the veteran move. The Suns defense has improved but it still needs to be more consistent. Overall I have no problem with thier defense.

lefty
12-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Did anyone said PUSSY???

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/DallasFans2_399_060620.jpg

stretch
12-28-2006, 11:42 PM
You're a fucking retard - they played defense and good defense.

15 offensive rebounds - 5 of them were on over-the-back non-calls by Dallas - 3 of those led to FTs by the Mavs.

You're the fucking shit-faced, motherfucking, can't hack it, dick-loving, no-knowledge, pussy as bitch that can't see past a post stating that I'm sick of Mavs fans' only defense being FT attempts when fouls (whether called or not) are the largest complain among Suns, Spurs, and Mavs fans.

Suns held your pussy ass team to 41% shooting on your home floor. They just had lapses in defense and rebounding during stretches (no pun intended on your gay-ass name) in the 1st and 4th quarters... all of which added up to a 2-point loss on a good shot and shitty in-bounds play.

Fuck you, you cocksucking faggot and start reading/listening to people's arguments rather than crowning your teams champions over a game that could have gone either way.

I'll admit I was hoping for OT.
stats are great. but the stats dont matter. the win is all that matters. you are not judged by your stats. 10 years later, people dont remember stat lines for games. people remember who won. the mavs made the plays needed to win, and the won. game over. fuck off.

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 11:42 PM

AND I'M the PUSSY??? You and Ponky can go have the biggest bitch-ass, cocksucking, ugly, fat, and douchiest love-child of all time and I still won't be happy.

If anyone disagrees with me in that Devin Harris got 2 3-pt opportunities on touch fouls then stop watching basketball because the sport doesn't deserve such stupidity.

Almost as much stupidity as that in-bounds play with 1.3 seconds left... Nash was WIDE OPEN!!! and they throw to Amare....

stretch
12-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Yes I know I remember seeing Payton pulling the veteran move. The Suns defense has improved but it still needs to be more consistent. Overall I have no problem with thier defense.
i agree. it has improved. i just havent seen them consistently make the big defensive plays and rebounds when needed, against good teams. i like the suns, and i wish them well. ive said it before, if the Mavs dont win it all, i want the Suns to win it all. i just personally dont think that their defense and rebounding is consistently strong enough to win a championship.

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 11:45 PM
stats are great. but the stats dont matter. the win is all that matters. you are not judged by your stats. 10 years later, people dont remember stat lines for games. people remember who won. the mavs made the plays needed to win, and the won. game over. fuck off.

All you ever reference is stats - and you make up most of them. How can you not talk about stats when trying to bash the Suns' defense? So they gave up a shot to Howard and Dirk hit a tough shot? That wouldn't happen against the Pistons, who just gave up over 150 to the Knicks. Grow a brain and a sense of self, you dick muncher.

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Spurs fans, I apologize. THIS GUY is the

BIGGEST

PUSSY

EVER!

No, he's on your team and his name is "4-straight losses in the Finals"... He is roommates with Dirk and Jason Terry.

stretch
12-28-2006, 11:46 PM
AND I'M the PUSSY??? You and Ponky can go have the biggest bitch-ass, cocksucking, ugly, fat, and douchiest love-child of all time and I still won't be happy.

If anyone disagrees with me in that Devin Harris got 2 3-pt opportunities on touch fouls then stop watching basketball because the sport doesn't deserve such stupidity.

Almost as much stupidity as that in-bounds play with 1.3 seconds left... Nash was WIDE OPEN!!! and they throw to Amare....
actually, i never called you a pussy once. and if you read my post, that wasnt an excuse for him not making it. JET is more than capable of making that shot, and should have. i was just saying that he wasnt undefended or wide open or anything, like the previous poster said. he was defended, and i know that even though it was a foul, refs USUALLY dont call dinky fouls like that at the end of a game. ultimately, the Mavs didnt make the plays needed in that game, and lost. simple as that.

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Anytime the Suns are outrebounded is likely a loss. They have to be at least even or close on the boards to win the game plus those turnovers don't help still it was only a 2 point loss. Tomorrow we get to play Starbury and the hapless Knicks.

Suns only lost the rebounding margin by four. Considering how poor the Mavericks shot, the Suns giving up 15 offensive rebounds isn't too terrible. I mean, it's bad by League standards, but by the Suns, it's too be expected. They still battled, netting 68% of the defensive boards in this game. On the season it's around 71%. Dallas is a big team and they rebound well.

Turnovers were mainly what hurt the Suns. They got their shots, by and large, when they kept control of the ball.

dg7md
What the hell are you talking about both sun's fan and mavs fun are having a good talk(besides stretch recently), then some spur fans come in here talking about their last three rings....

Tongue in cheek mostly.

Amare_32
i agree. it has improved. i just havent seen them consistently make the big defensive plays and rebounds when needed, against good teams. i like the suns, and i wish them well. ive said it before, if the Mavs dont win it all, i want the Suns to win it all. i just personally dont think that their defense and rebounding is consistently strong enough to win a championship.

I can't wait for the west playoffs this year. Is almost unfair that the teams in the West will beat up on each other while the Heat will cruise past the East Finals.

ponky

Where's the YOU MAD Cam'ron dude when you need him? Haha, that was pretty fucking hilarious, I'll just give it some time....

PUZZY!!!!
PUZZY!!!!

stretch
12-28-2006, 11:48 PM
All you ever reference is stats - and you make up most of them. How can you not talk about stats when trying to bash the Suns' defense? So they gave up a shot to Howard and Dirk hit a tough shot? That wouldn't happen against the Pistons, who just gave up over 150 to the Knicks. Grow a brain and a sense of self, you dick muncher.
again, stats are great. but my stats are also backed up with wins, facts, and success. yours arent. the fact is, teams who make the big plays at the end of the game, no matter what happened earlier in the game, wins games.

dont get your panties in such a wad. it was simply a regular season game, and doesnt mean a whole hell of a lot. chill out.

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Wow - a regular-season game in December? Go Dirk - nice job getting Marion in foul trouble and D'Antoni being too stupid to put anyone else on him in crunch time!!

Watch the rest of the game - and not just the final play ass-wad. Dirk missed 4-straight shots where he was begging for the foul. Jason Terry kept them in the game and Dirk had the benefit of a microfiber ball rattling in for the win.

stretch
12-28-2006, 11:50 PM
I can't wait for the west playoffs this year. Is almost unfair that the teams in the West will beat up on each other while the Heat will cruise past the East Finals.
i wouldnt count on the heat in the Finals again. they look like total shit this year. i think it will be either Detroit or Cleveland repping the East, but neither of those teams are capable of beating the Mavs, Spurs, or Suns.

Amare_32
12-28-2006, 11:50 PM
again, stats are great. but my stats are also backed up with wins, facts, and success. yours arent. the fact is, teams who make the big plays at the end of the game, no matter what happened earlier in the game, wins games.

dont get your panties in such a wad. it was simply a regular season game, and doesnt mean a whole hell of a lot. chill out.

Look the regular season is important but not in terms of what teams you beat. Just win the games you are suppose to win and be competitive with the elite teams. Chances are the Mavs and Suns will split the 4 game series like they have the past two years.

stretch
12-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Wow - a regular-season game in December? Go Dirk - nice job getting Marion in foul trouble and D'Antoni being too stupid to put anyone else on him in crunch time!!

Watch the rest of the game - and not just the final play ass-wad. Dirk missed 4-straight shots where he was begging for the foul. Jason Terry kept them in the game and Dirk had the benefit of a microfiber ball rattling in for the win.
now you are making an excuse saying the ball cheated???

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

im done with your ass. good night to you, sir.

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:52 PM

I did see a shot where he was going for the foul and not the shot, A shot, not four straight you douchebag puzzy. And you know what happened in that missed shot? The Suns stripped him of the fucking ball and took it to the other end for a basket. Go cry yourself to sleep bitch, you're just going to get more frustrated the longer you try to *rationalize* this loss with your puzzy excuses.

stretch
12-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Look the regular season is important but not in terms of what teams you beat. Just win the games you are suppose to win and be competitive with the elite teams. Chances are the Mavs and Suns will split the 4 game series like they have the past two years.
ultimately, all that matters is the playoffs. i will wait until then before i start having any kind of serious conversations about the Suns. i have my current opinion of the Suns right now, in that i dont think they play consistent enough defense and rebound well enough to win a championship, but that could change by the season's end. its still early. we will see what happens.

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 11:53 PM
why in the hell did amare have the last shot. it's funny how devin and howard have developed there whine after a foul is called against them. i hate to say it, but they maybe learned it from duncan, THEIR IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the thing - my whining will never equate that of Devin Harris or Jason Terry... I still maintain that they should have thrown into Nash instead of Amare at the end... Nash might have baited Howard into a shooting-foul and who doesn't want Stevie on the line at the end of the game?

dg7md
12-28-2006, 11:54 PM

Suns will get it done next game. :fro

ponky
12-28-2006, 11:55 PM
That's the thing - my whining will never equate that of Devin Harris or Jason Terry... I still maintain that they should have thrown into Nash instead of Amare at the end... Nash might have baited Howard into a shooting-foul and who doesn't want Stevie on the line at the end of the game?

Haha, you should try that mixed whine of Marion and Raja sometime, it's abundant and plentiful so I'm sure you can find some.

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 11:55 PM
How soon we all forget that the Mavs won in Phoenix because Nash was called for an offensive foul when Jason Terry jumped into him...

Amare_32
12-28-2006, 11:56 PM
i wouldnt count on the heat in the Finals again. they look like total shit this year. i think it will be either Detroit or Cleveland repping the East, but neither of those teams are capable of beating the Mavs, Spurs, or Suns.

Remember last year the Heat were somewhat disappointing in the regular season but they got it together in the playoffs. Plus they have that DWade guy. I hear he is pretty good. The Cavs don't really have a chance getting to the Finals. They need a better point guard than Snow/Jones plus Hughes is bust. They played better without him in the playoffs last year. I think the Bulls will likely be the toughest series the Heat will faced in the East. Detroit has fallen off a little bit and the Nets are just awful.

dav4463
12-28-2006, 11:56 PM
This thread has more replies than the Spurs/Jazz thread ! Spurs won too easily, but I'll take it. This was a much better game. The Mavs scare me a bit. Dirk is insanely good + he gets all the calls= Superstar. The one guy I absolutely DO NOT want to ever hold a championship trophy is Mark Cuban. That's the one reason I cannot stand the Mavs, but I admire the talent on the floor.

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 11:58 PM
Haha, you should try that mixed whine of Marion and Raja sometime, it's abundant and plentiful so I'm sure you can find some.

Marion had a beef on 2 fouls - the ones where Dirk just yelped a little bit and refs automatically blew their whistles... the most blatant was the one outside the 3-point line where Dirk lost the ball and Marion was called for a foul when they were fighting for it. No way it was conclusive that Marion hit Dirk to gain an advantage.

Raja has nothing to complain about but his 5 stupid mistakes in the game - most important being the throw out of bounds and the decision to pass to Amare with 1.3 seconds left (I'm pretty sure they had a timeout).

JMarkJohns
12-28-2006, 11:58 PM

You obviously didn't watch the same game. Two days ago you said all the Suns did was defend at times. That they didn't put a full game effort into things. Now, to fit your arguement, you switch things up.

If you didn't read the stats, perhaps you should. It took an insane 180/windmill/reverse layup by Howard to give you a late lead and Dirk's jumper was well guarded. Where was this "championship defense" when the Suns scored on two layup/dunks to tie the game within the final 1:30?

In each team's final five offensive possessions, the Suns scored twice on a layup and a dunk and got to the FT another time, converting one of two. They had one turnover and that 1.3 miss by Amare. Dallas scored twice, the crazy layup by Howard and the jumper by Dirk. They committed two turnovers, one forced, and missed a baseline jumper.

Basically it came dowwn to Dallas having more time to get their last shot than did Phoenix. It's not like the Mavericks was stopping the Suns anymore than the Suns were stopping the Mavericks.

Again, Dallas shot 41% from the field, roughly five percentage points lower than normal and committed 18 turnovers, roughly four turnovers more than normal. Suns actually shot better than their seasonal average, but turned the ball over too many times, seven more than normal. That's a credit to Dallas' defense, but if one teams gets just due, then certainly the other should.

I just worry that none of these stats will reach your head, as it's stuffed too damn far up your ass for them to do you any good.

hero03msu
12-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Coach D looked a little more whiny than any person involved in the game tonight.

ponky
12-29-2006, 12:01 AM
How soon we all forget that the Mavs won in Phoenix because Nash was called for an offensive foul when Jason Terry jumped into him...

Hopefully, the same will be said with your team once the Texas teams finish them off and D'Antoni's head implodes.

FUCKING SORRY AZZ LOSER, THIS IS FUCKING HILARIOUS, KEEP IT UP!!!

hero03msu
12-29-2006, 12:02 AM
The most impressive stretch for the Mavs is holding the Suns to only 6 points from 7:35 left in the 4th to the Marion layup w/ 6.3 seconds left. AJ is going to love that. And 2 of those were ft's by Amare, a fade away by Nash (very impressive), and the unguardable alley-oop from Nash to Amare. That is really impressive.

The great defense and team from the Suns were outscored 21-10 over the last 8:41, the Mavs were much better when it counted tonight.

stretch
12-29-2006, 12:03 AM
You obviously didn't watch the same game. Two days ago you said all the Suns did was defend at time. That they didn't put a pull game effort into things. Now, to fit your arguement, you switch things up.

If you didn't read the stats, perhaps you should. It took an insane 180/windmill/reverse layup by Howard to give you a late lead and Dirk's jumper was well guarded. Where was this "championship defense" when the Suns scored on two layup/dunks to tie the game within the final 1:30?

In each team's final five offensive possessions, the Suns scored twice on a layup and a dunk and got to the FT another time, converting one of two. They had one turnover and that 1.3 miss by Amare. Dallas scored twice, the crazy layup by Howard and the jumper by Dirk. They committed two turnovers, one forced, and missed a baseline jumper.

Basically it came dowwn to Dallas having more time to get their last shot than did Phoenix. It's not like the Mavericks was stopping the Suns anymore than the Suns were stopping the Mavericks.

Again, Dallas shot 41% from the field, roughly five percentage points lower than normal and committed 18 turnovers, roughly four turnovers more than normal. Suns actually shot better than their seasonal average, but turned the ball over too many times, seven more than normal. That's a credit to Dallas' defense, but if one teams gets just due, then certainly the other should.

I just worry that none of these stats will reach your head, as it's stuffed too damn far up your ass for them to do you any good.

HOLY SHIT!!! IM SO FUCKING OFFENDED BECAUSE YOU SAID AN OFFENSIVE WORD!!! YOU SAID "ASS"!!! YOU DESERVED TO HAVE YOUR ASS BANNED YOU FUCKING FUCKER!!!

fuck off dude. Mavs made plays when needed, and the Suns didnt, therefore the Mavs won. end of story. the win is all that matters. however, its still regular season, and its nothing to get worked up over. however, i cant mess with you too much, as long as you dont blame the ball for your loss, like your boy RonMexico. :lol

IGNORANT MAVS FAN
12-29-2006, 12:07 AM
fuck off dude. Mavs made plays when needed, and the Suns didnt, therefore the Mavs won. end of story. the win is all that matters.

That was not the case during the finals.

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 12:07 AM
C'mon, when you have such a disabled retard as stretch supporting your team, it's difficutl for anyone to take you seriously.

I'll reiterate my main point: the Suns blew it with dumb mistakes, but I don't want to see the FT attempt excuse out of any Mavs fan anymore because there's a lot more involved in lopsided and shitty officiating than the number of times you go to the line. The Suns had a total of 16 team fouls to the Mavs' 7 in the first half, but the FT discrepancy was only 2 because the Suns got fouled on a lot of shot attempts.... In theory a team could have 20 team fouls and the other 4 and they shoot the same amount of FTs.

Lets keep in mind that the ASU and A&M blow-out losses combined with my 300 oz of beer tonight have made me angrier than usual.

IGNORANT MAVS FAN
12-29-2006, 12:09 AM
C'mon, when you have such a disabled retard as stretch supporting your team, it's difficutl for anyone to take you seriously.

This is true strecth makes us look bad.

JMarkJohns
HOLY SHIT!!! IM SO FUCKING OFFENDED BECAUSE YOU SAID AN OFFENSIVE WORD!!! YOU SAID "ASS"!!! YOU DESERVED TO HAVE YOUR ASS BANNED YOU FUCKING FUCKER!!!

First off, wrong guy. I don't care what you say. Just remember, how you say it is the only presentation the board gets. If you want to look like an ass, go right on ahead... Case in point...

fuck off dude.

Mavs made plays when needed, and the Suns didnt, therefore the Mavs won. end of story. the win is all that matters.

Actually, they happened to make the last play, which was all that was needed. That's it. That's what it all boils down to. They had more time for their last shot than did Phoenix. Like I said, Dallas had as many "crunch time" stops as Phoenix did. They made as many "crunch time" baskets as Phoenix did. It all comes down to timing as effectively, the Mavericks were able to run a set, offensive play while the Suns were not.

however, its still regular season, and its nothing to get worked up over. however, i cant mess with you too much, as long as you dont blame the ball for your loss, like your boy RonMexico. :lol

So then why can't you at least play civil? Did you read any of my posts?

Not even your message board bash brother, Ponky, disagreed with them...

Get over yourself.

ponky

I'll reiterate my main point: the Suns blew it with dumb mistakes, but I don't want to see the FT attempt excuse out of any Mavs fan anymore because there's a lot more involved in lopsided and shitty officiating than the number of times you go to the line. The Suns had a total of 16 team fouls to the Mavs' 7 in the first half, but the FT discrepancy was only 2 because the Suns got fouled on a lot of shot attempts.... In theory a team could have 20 team fouls and the other 4 and they shoot the same amount of FTs.

Lets keep in mind that the ASU and A&M blow-out losses combined with my 300 oz of beer tonight have made me angrier than usual.

I understand your frustration which is why I'm going to lay off for now but when officiating issues are the first thing that comes out of your mouth after a loss, FUCKING PUZZY, even if you're a Mavs fan. That's all I'm saying about this topic.

mavsfan1000
12-29-2006, 12:10 AM
The mavs own the suns. This game proves that no matter how much offensive power the suns have you need defense and rebounding to be a championship team. The suns aren't that. The mavs and spurs are still a step ahead of the suns.

StylisticS
12-29-2006, 12:12 AM
The mavs own the suns. This game proves that no matter how much offensive power the suns have you need defense and rebounding to be a championship team. The suns aren't that. The mavs and spurs are still a step ahead of the suns.

This game could have EASILY gone the other way so I wouldn't be so quick to say, the Mavs OWN the Suns. They were one of their trademark 3's from winning this game. Expect many games like this to go this route with us hopefully winning it. But do not dismiss the Suns performance by saying we owned them. That was not nearly the case.

JMarkJohns
12-29-2006, 12:13 AM

If you're confident that the one shot will always fall... that the lone bucket will always be made... that that single, game-winning basket will always go down, then I can see how you could believe this.

Truth is, it won't.

ponky
12-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Not even your message board bash brother, Ponky, disagreed with them...

Get over yourself.

Yeah, you're cool and uh, I'm a sistah' not a brother :spin

mavsfan1000
12-29-2006, 12:16 AM
If you're confident that the one shot will always fall... that the lone bucket will always be made... that that single, game-winning basket will always go down, then I can see how you could believe this.

Truth is, it won't.
Well it did and the mavs have now won 2 straight this year against the suns. No matter how you sugar coat it, it is a loss. :spin

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 12:16 AM
The mavs and spurs are still a step ahead of the suns.

The "step" tonight was only a basket by Dirk with 1.3 seconds left. Hopefully, the Suns can gain "2 steps" by May....

The existence and stupidity of stretch brings out the largest amount of Italian anger than exists inside of me. And, fuckbag, I will blame the new ball as much as I want... especially if the Suns' field goal pct. dips below 50%.

If you haven't learned anything, then learn I will use all excuses (when drunk) before I will accept the reality that the Suns lost tonight...

P.S. I wrote yesterday at 4 p.m. warning you all to be prepared that I will bitch about the late-game officiating, so I'm just following up on my promise... I also promised stretch's mom I would fuck her in the ass tonight and I plan on fulfilling that promise as well. What a dirty broad....

JMarkJohns
12-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, you're cool and uh, I'm a sistah' not a brother :spin

I know... but I was doing a play on words. Bash bothers?!?! Anyhow, solly sista!!! :lol

JMarkJohns
12-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Well it did and the mavs have now won 2 straight this year against the suns. No matter how you sugar coat it, it is a loss. :spin

As I recall, you won the first two meetings last year in the regular season, then got creamed in the final two, before defeating the Suns in the playoffs.

Hard to say one or two games here or there can really give a definate the way you say they can...

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 12:20 AM
This game still lived up to it's billing!!! We all were afraid of a blow-out either way and we got an amazing final 3 minutes of this game including that Amare dunk and Dirk shot!!!

Still, fuck the Mavs, Cuban, Dirk, JET, and Devin Harris.

I'm sending tape of this game into YouTube for further review.

LEONARD
12-29-2006, 12:21 AM
LMAO...

RonMexico...

1. Whining about officiating.
2. Appears to be losing his mind over a b-ball game.

Awesome...

IGNORANT MAVS FAN
12-29-2006, 12:21 AM
So who won the game tonight?

ponky
12-29-2006, 12:22 AM
LMAO...

RonMexico...

1. Whining about officiating.
2. Appears to be losing his mind over a b-ball game.

Awesome...

yeah, he's pretty funny, but being half italian myself (and half latina!), i can understand the hot-head

IGNORANT MAVS FAN
12-29-2006, 12:23 AM
yeah, he's pretty funny, but being half italian myself (and half latina!), i can understand the hot-head
:ttiwwp:

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-29-2006, 12:24 AM

Odds are you haven't lost an argument to date with that lineage.

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 12:26 AM

It's more than just a "b-ball game" pal

It's ASU containing Hawaii for one half and then BLOWING it.

It's A&M playing really well against Cal for one half before BLOWING it.

It's the Suns playing well first time against Mavs in November then BLOWING it and then Raja Bell BLOWING it twice in the 4th quarter of this game.

Then it's stretch coming on here and getting me all pissed off with his immature insults of the Suns, JMark, and myself before disappearing to go BLOW his boyfriend Steve Javie.

JMarkJohns
12-29-2006, 12:33 AM

It's the Suns playing well first time against Mavs in November then BLOWING it and then Raja Bell BLOWING it twice in the 4th quarter of this game.

Then it's stretch coming on here and getting me all pissed off with his immature insults of the Suns, JMark, and myself before disappearing to go BLOW his boyfriend Steve Javie.

I can understand. Been there... Don't really care about ASU or A&M, but I've had similer happenings with Arizona over the years (like vs. Illinois two years ago :shootme ) . You're not alone.

By the way, you don't need to get stressed because stretch feels more of a man (haha) by calling me names and being blissfully ignorant. Hell, my first post one this site was greeted by, "hey fuckhole" ... You don't wrack up nearly 2000 posts on a rivals site without being thick skinned.

Don't get annoyed by the dufus for my sake. Thanks for the support, though...

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 12:41 AM
I can understand. Been there... Don't really care about ASU or A&M, but I've had similer happenings with Arizona over the years (like vs. Illinois two years ago :shootme ) . You're not alone.

By the way, you don't need to get stressed because stretch feels more of a man (haha) by calling me names and being blissfully ignorant. Hell, my first post one this site was greeted by, "hey fuckhole" ... You don't wrack up nearly 2000 posts on a rivals site without being thick skinned.

Don't get annoyed by the dufus for my sake. Thanks for the support, though...

I'm here for you and the rest of the city (even though that support is shifting with this increase in crime and the incredibly STUPID construction of this light rail) when I'm needed. I get angry and fly of the handle a few times. The booze is wearing off and my depression over the sports week I've just experienced is sinking in, so I'm a little more mellow, sarcastic and rational.

I think ignorance pisses me off more than anything in the world (if you've ever looked at an AZ Republic message board or one involving politics, then you can relate), so when I see this stretch character throwing out non-sequitor and biases arguments littered with grade-school obscenities, it just makes my blood boil. I've already informed my girlfriend that this is probably not a good night to call if she wants to have a "nice talk" about her day and all that shit.

I have a thick enough skin, but that's usually when I get fed up with this board and disappear for 3-5 months to "recharge."

Oh, well the Knicks coming to town should be enjoyable tomorrow as long as the Suns use this tough loss as motivation...

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 12:43 AM
I already got thrown out of a rec center at 35th ave and pinnacle peak this week when I called a guy a jackass, and then he tried a Melo-ish slap-and-run on me, so then I slammed him into the pads behind the hoop on his next drive to the basket... I must be the skinniest guy with 'roid rage in the world.

Amare_32
12-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Does anyone know how can I upload a image into my profile?

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Odds are you haven't lost an argument to date with that lineage.

Yeah, they don't "lose" or "win" arugments... the other side just gives up...

StylisticS
12-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Apparently, we beat the Spurs tonight.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai.QHRhMvOyfpn6h9JAkRmx60bYF?slug=ap-spurs-mavericks&prov=ap&type=lgns

Good Ole Yahoo :lol

12-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Yeah, they don't "lose" or "win" arugments... the other side just gives up...

I've been it several times ... you just get tired of her screaming over, at and around you...

StylisticS
12-29-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm here for you and the rest of the city (even though that support is shifting with this increase in crime and the incredibly STUPID construction of this light rail)
I know this is OT. But you don't like rail in your city? You don't like urban cities? I mean Phoenix is known as a large suburb pretending to be a city. This light rail helps your city.

JMarkJohns
12-29-2006, 12:48 AM
I already got thrown out of a rec center at 35th ave and pinnacle peak this week when I called a guy a jackass, and then he tried a Melo-ish slap-and-run on me, so then I slammed him into the pads behind the hoop on his next drive to the basket... I must be the skinniest guy with 'roid rage in the world.

When I played in a city rec league in high school, I once got so pissed at a ref that when I was removed I picked up my chair and flung it against the chain link fence behind us, then pointed at him and yelled, "THAT WAS YOU!"

I never laughed so hard in all my life, afterwards ... I was serious, though.

Once I intentionally elbowed a Marine in the nose because he coming over the back upon my getting a rebound. He was pissed. I said, "What the fuck, you wanna throw down on a high schooler?" and he quickly realized you don't mess with JM... :blah

I hated to lose. I hate seeing the Suns lose because I know I can't do anything about it. Back then, I could do whatever was necessary for a win. Now, I can only hope. Which sucks....

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Apparently, we beat the Spurs tonight.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai.QHRhMvOyfpn6h9JAkRmx60bYF?slug=ap-spurs-mavericks&prov=ap&type=lgns

Good Ole Yahoo :lol

Stu Scott already called the Suns "the Spurs" twice on his "SportsCenter Recap"

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 01:08 AM
I know this is OT. But you don't like rail in your city? You don't like urban cities? I mean Phoenix is known as a large suburb pretending to be a city. This light rail helps your city.

In theory, it would - but they've completely changed the plans from the proposition the voters approved years ago. I liked the idea about 5 years ago, but when I heard they were going to model this new plan off the one Houston (where I live now) implemented, I became adamantly against it. Light rail should be a by-product of downtown and urban growth... the city hopes it will effect central growth, which is not the case.

The plan and construction in Phoenix has completely decimated the local businesses up and down central avenue and makes getting to-and-from the Suns/D-Backs games a huge hassle. They need to clean up the crime in the city that occurs in and around downtown to attract businesses and residents and help revitalize the center of Phoenix. They can't just throw a poorly-planed rail system in the middle of the busiest Phoenix streets and hope people will ride it.

There are few residential establishments on the current route, so it will just become a hotbed for crime and place to sleep for the homeless, just like it has in Houston. Rail works well in cities like Boston, NYC, San Francisco/Oakland because not everyone there owns a car and those cities are much more centralized. Rail would work best in Phoenix if it were modeled after the Portland plan - i.e. it runs along the freeways as a commuter rail for people who live in the suburbs and want to avoid traffic entirely by riding on express trains at about 60 mph. Chicago's rail system is based on that kind of plan, with about 6-8 "branches" that extend into the suburbs and provide a cheap, clean, and effective way to move people downtown.

I've always held the view that the various suburbs of Phoenix - i.e. Glendale, Scottsdale, Mesa, etc. will soon develop their own downtown environments (Glendale already has 2 new pro stadiums and a large downtown development plan in place) and create a place where people don't have to commute long ways to work in downtown Phoenix or across town. Phoenix has annexed so much of the city that this rail system is merely a political move to make the city seem "progressive" when what they really need to do is cut-down on the drug/immigrant smuggling rings and improve the public education in the city. Teachers get paid a nation-wide low in salaries and that simply will not attract the quality people they desire to improve the plight of the gang-riddled teens in town.

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 01:10 AM
When I played in a city rec league in high school, I once got so pissed at a ref that when I was removed I picked up my chair and flung it against the chain link fence behind us, then pointed at him and yelled, "THAT WAS YOU!"

Once I intentionally elbowed a Marine in the nose because he coming over the back upon my getting a rebound. He was pissed. I said, "What the fuck, you wanna throw down on a high schooler?" and he quickly realized you don't mess with JM... :blah

I hated to lose. I hate seeing the Suns lose because I know I can't do anything about it. Back then, I could do whatever was necessary for a win. Now, I can only hope. Which sucks....

We should get together and ball the next time I'm in Phoenix. I'll see if I can round up a few good players, etc.

I hit 13 three-pointers in a loss last year at A&M, so no one gets more competitive than me when it comes to basketball. I'm not the biggest guy in the world, but I have one of the biggest mouths, and it rattles the other guys while provides me with adrenaline to "dominate" out there.

JMarkJohns
12-29-2006, 01:17 AM
I don't live in Phoenix. It'll have to be the next time you're in Yuma :rollin

As for basketball, I still shoot, but I'm too fat anymore to play a full game. Let's just say college life was very, very bad to me... in a good way, I think :oops

BillsCarnage
12-29-2006, 01:24 AM

One bucket...

Exactly. The Spurs, Suns and Mavs are the big 3 still, period. One of them will win the title. They're all even. Ya just roll the dice and see what happens.

Funny thing when D'Ant got T'd, i turned to a buddy and said, "They better not lose this game by 1pt."

JMarkJohns
12-29-2006, 01:28 AM
Funny thing when D'Ant got T'd, i turned to a buddy and said, "They better not lose this game by 1pt."

Good thing they lost by two then :)

I wanted this win bad... more than any other regular season game I can recall. It was a style of play that typically kills the Suns. It was at a tempo much slower than the Suns like. It was against a good defensive team, that's great at rebounding and is one of the few teams who can actually match scorers with the Suns.

Tough loss, but they played their asses off.

BillsCarnage
12-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Coach D looked a little more whiny than any person involved in the game tonight.
In the first quarter he was. But hell, when the opposing team is +10 in FT makes for a quarter any coach will be whiny.

LEONARD
12-29-2006, 01:33 AM
I slammed him into the pads behind the hoop on his next drive to the basket...

Is your real name Billy???

BillsCarnage
12-29-2006, 01:33 AM
...before disappearing to go BLOW his boyfriend Steve Javie.

I can understand. Been there...

Say what, JM??

:spin :spin :spin

StylisticS
12-29-2006, 01:34 AM
In theory, it would - but they've completely changed the plans from the proposition the voters approved years ago. I liked the idea about 5 years ago, but when I heard they were going to model this new plan off the one Houston (where I live now) implemented, I became adamantly against it.

Ouch, I see what you're saying. Not good to model off of Houston. Dallas has done a damn good job with their light rail. They are already expanding their system. You could say Dallas is like Portland's system. They build theres along freeways and connect DTD to the burbs. It is making all of North Texas hop on the rail bandwagon.

BillsCarnage
12-29-2006, 01:38 AM
Good thing they lost by two then :)

I wanted this win bad... more than any other regular season game I can recall. It was a style of play that typically kills the Suns. It was at a tempo much slower than the Suns like. It was against a good defensive team, that's great at rebounding and is one of the few teams who can actually match scorers with the Suns.

Tough loss, but they played their asses off.

It's a loss, but no big deal. These three are shooting for May and past. Once the Suns figure out how to close out teams they'll unstoppable. And, they still have 50+ games to work on that.

:fro

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 01:56 AM
Ouch, I see what you're saying. Not good to model off of Houston. Dallas has done a damn good job with their light rail. They are already expanding their system. You could say Dallas is like Portland's system. They build theres along freeways and connect DTD to the burbs. It is making all of North Texas hop on the rail bandwagon.

Exactly - in large cities where EVERYONE has cars (i.e. any city west of the Mississippi), it only makes sense to add public transport along their most frustrating routes... the freeways. Anything to cut down on smog, traffic, and accidents is a bonus, so kudos to Dallas and another demerit to Phoenix in that regard.

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 01:57 AM
Is your real name Billy???

I don't get this reference.

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 01:57 AM
I don't live in Phoenix. It'll have to be the next time you're in Yuma :rollin

As for basketball, I still shoot, but I'm too fat anymore to play a full game. Let's just say college life was very, very bad to me... in a good way, I think :oops

Yeah, my beer belly has expanded and the elevation change from Houston to Phoenix kills my endurance.

SirChaz
12-29-2006, 02:41 AM
Good game by both teams but too many turnovers for the Suns.

These teams are pretty evenly matched and I look forward to some good games in the future.

Congratulations Mavericks you are the champions of December. ;)

LEONARD
12-29-2006, 02:58 AM
I don't get this reference.

Billy Badass.... :lol

lefty
12-29-2006, 03:09 AM
Yeah, my beer belly has expanded and the elevation change from Houston to Phoenix kills my endurance.

Is that you?

http://www246.pair.com/autoybkh/albums/album93/image010.sized.jpg

mavsfan1000
12-29-2006, 03:24 AM
My prediction is whoever gets the 1 seed in the West will win the championship. If you are seeded 2 or 3 you have to face the other 2 best teams in back to back rounds while the number 1 seed will only have to go through one. Dallas hopefully can get that top spot.

Leetonidas
12-29-2006, 03:34 AM
My prediction is whoever gets the 1 seed in the West will win the championship. If you are seeded 2 or 3 you have to face the other 2 best teams in back to back rounds while the number 1 seed will only have to go through one. Dallas hopefully can get that top spot.
I disagree. The Spurs were the number one seed, so were the Pistons, and they both got knocked off before the Finals.

The Spurs are playing great on the road so anything can happen. It's going to be exciting come May. Between the season finale of 24 and the playoffs, I'll have a heart attack. :dizzy

mavsfan1000
12-29-2006, 03:55 AM
Last year the spurs actually had to play the toughest team in the second since they were in the same division. This year they fixed that so the 2 best teams don't meet till the Western Conference Finals. If the playoffs started now this would be the matchups in the second round if everything went as planned. See what I mean on how important the 1 spot is now?
1.Mavs vs. 4.Jazz
2.Spurs vs 3.Suns

dav4463
12-29-2006, 06:15 AM

And these rec leagues wonder why they can't get any of us qualified officials that do high school and college ball to do games ! I would have thrown you out so fast and probably called the game over right then. Then again, I probably would have made decent enough calls that wouldn't piss you off quite so much....but these rec leagues get what they pay for! :blah

Bruno
12-29-2006, 06:46 AM
See what I mean on how important the 1 spot is now?
1.Mavs vs. 4.Jazz
2.Spurs vs 3.Suns

or 4 spot will be Denver.
Nuggets at full strength aren't less though than Suns.

The 1 spot isn't very important. What is important is to be healthy in playoffs.
Barring injury, the best team will win the west.

1Parker1
12-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Ok, at least the 4th quarter of the game lived up to the hype. I was rooting for the Suns but Bell and Barbosa made a few dumb TO's. Suns really need to learn to play defense. That's why they have such a poor record in close games. They can run and outscore almost any team in the NBA, but if the score is close in the final couple of minutes in the 4th quarter, you just know they're in trouble.

1Parker1
12-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Oh, and what's up with Marion? Is it just me or he hasn't been playing as well since Amare has returned...

JMarkJohns
12-29-2006, 11:14 AM
And these rec leagues wonder why they can't get any of us qualified officials that do high school and college ball to do games ! I would have thrown you out so fast and probably called the game over right then. Then again, I probably would have made decent enough calls that wouldn't piss you off quite so much....but these rec leagues get what they pay for! :blah

The ironic part, after high school, for a little extra cash, I reffed some of the same rec leagues...

I don't have an issue with refs. It's refs who call everything. Contact happens. Especially down low. If it isn't intentional or doesn't affect the shot, then it should be overlooked for sake of continued play...

As I recall, this dumb official had fouled one of my teammates out in short order and, if I remember correct, had just called my next to last foul on me, all before the fourth quarter.

It's no reason to go ape crazy on him, but if you don't know what you're doing, it's better to call fewer fouls as teams can adjust to that, than it is to call excessive fouls, piss every player on both teams off, taking every main player out of the game to the point where 8-9-10 players are getting more minutes than 1-2-3 players.

I was T'd up...

JMarkJohns
12-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Oh, and what's up with Marion? Is it just me or he hasn't been playing as well since Amare has returned...

He has his games. It's like he's trying to adjust to becoming a wing again. For two full years he was a PF. Now he's a SF being asked to guard opposing PGs and SGs nightly.

His mind ain't right...

1Parker1
12-29-2006, 11:20 AM
He has his games. It's like he's trying to adjust to becoming a wing again. For two full years he was a PF. Now he's a SF being asked to guard opposing PGs and SGs nightly.

His mind ain't right...

I think that Marion is personally the Suns X Factor. He's the only guy on the team who can be some semblance of defense, has a good offensive game, and can rebound. D Antoni needs to figure out a way to keep Marion more active and involved in games, because if he's doing those three things, that makes it a lot easier for the Suns to win games.

stretch
12-29-2006, 11:38 AM
That was not the case during the finals.
how right you are. unfortunately, we arent talking about the finals, are we dipshit?

stretch
12-29-2006, 11:43 AM
The "step" tonight was only a basket by Dirk with 1.3 seconds left. Hopefully, the Suns can gain "2 steps" by May....

The existence and stupidity of stretch brings out the largest amount of Italian anger than exists inside of me. And, fuckbag, I will blame the new ball as much as I want... especially if the Suns' field goal pct. dips below 50%.

If you haven't learned anything, then learn I will use all excuses (when drunk) before I will accept the reality that the Suns lost tonight...

P.S. I wrote yesterday at 4 p.m. warning you all to be prepared that I will bitch about the late-game officiating, so I'm just following up on my promise... I also promised stretch's mom I would fuck her in the ass tonight and I plan on fulfilling that promise as well. What a dirty broad....
all i can say is wow. and you guys talk about how childish I am??? the fact that you blame a loss on a basketball is dumb enough. but then the fact that you wanna fuck my mom in the ass? unfortunately for you, thats not possible, as she passed away a few years ago in a fatal car accident. but thanks for your concern.

stretch
12-29-2006, 11:46 AM

id like to know what immature insults of the suns i made. i dont think i made a single insult against the suns. i made some joking insults against JMark and you, but you guys got your panties in a wad over a stupid regular season game. then you proceeded to talk about fucking my mom in the ass, and saying i went to blow steve javie. how mature of you.

stretch
12-29-2006, 11:49 AM
so when I see this stretch character throwing out non-sequitor and biases arguments littered with grade-school obscenities, it just makes my blood boil.

yea, and saying that you want to fuck my deceased mother isnt the slightest bit of a grade-school obscenitites. i find it funny how JMark has no problem with you throwing far worse insults than anything i have ever said, but the second i say "fuck", or anything slightly negative about the Suns, he gets offensive.

Ignorant Spurs fan
12-29-2006, 11:50 AM
all that matters is Duncan has won three rings, so we're the best, even though the Mavs beat us last year, and have the best recod in the NBA

stretch
12-29-2006, 11:50 AM
news flash:

no one cares.

JMarkJohns
12-29-2006, 01:25 PM
yea, and saying that you want to fuck my deceased mother isnt the slightest bit of a grade-school obscenitites. i find it funny how JMark has no problem with you throwing far worse insults than anything i have ever said, but the second i say "fuck", or anything slightly negative about the Suns, he gets offensive.

You have a lot of growing up to do... I don't care how you choose to say something. You want to use language to undermine any informed point you've made, go right on ahead...

You want to get in a pissing match with other posts, go right on ahead.

I don't care. Just don't try to bait me, because it doesn't work.

You use language. It riles another poster who then joins you in your foul-mouthed shenanigans. Now you whine and cry because a line was crossed. Boo hoo...

You dug yourself into a hole, paraded around as hot stuff and now someone's called your bluff and has offended you. Live with it.

I'm here to talk basketball, not babysit. Only offense I've ever taken from your posts was your misinformed opinion on the Suns not playing a lick of defense, then not playing consistant defense and now not playing defense when it matters.

MWILL
12-29-2006, 03:24 PM
all that matters is Duncan has won three rings, so we're the best, even though the Mavs beat us last year, and have the best recod in the NBA

HAD the best record!

12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
news flash:

no one cares.

Ben Roethlisberger does...

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say that I have free reign to say whatever I want about your mom (who probably isn't dead since you spew so much bullshit out all over the place... if she is, then I'm sorry and it must have been your sister who wanted my nuts), the Mavs, or anybody for that matter, because the BIGGEST whiner in the WHOLE LEAGUE for at least 3 years was none other than Mr. Cuban himself. The man sends videos to the league office regarding ticky-tack fouls, posts sarcastic blog entries about Tim Duncan and "backs" that up with copious minutes of YouTube links, and then he goes on Letterman where he has the audacity to claim that he helped "reshape the league" and "clean up the fouls." The basketball gods paid him back by making his team drop 4 straight in the Finals.

One thing I will say about the Suns is that I'm proud to cheer for a team whose players, owners, coaches, and GMs don't resort to petty yelling or running onto the court to chastise officials at the end of games. (There have been times - aka when Bennett Salvatore screwed Nash over in Game 4 vs. the Lakers last year - where the Suns have spoken up, so don't bother bringing that up.)

I really don't care what stretch has to say, because his basketball IQ is about 0, but I have no problem resorting to his grade level when I post on here and hoping I can get some kind of point across in the midst of personal insults and obscenities.

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I'm going to reiterate that I realized last night nothing I complain about will hold a candle to Baby Marky.

Just like Mavs fans hide behind the veil of how many FT attempts D-Wade had last year, I'll hide behind the precedent set by their favorite owner.

RonMexico
12-29-2006, 04:36 PM

It's that your argument changes to fit the situation. First, the Suns played "no defense" and then they only didn't play "consistent defense" and now it is they "don't play defense between the 6 and 2 minute marks against the Mavs on December 28 so they'll never win a title."

Your team was held to 41% shooting and the Suns made costly mistakes in the final 2 mins that led to Dirk hitting only his 2nd bucket of the 4th quarter to win the game. Congratulations, but where was the Mavs defense when the Suns went on a 27-6 run? How about that 10-0 run to start the 4th? Don't sit back and act like the Mavs are a defensive powerhouse that gave up 51% shooting, but was able to keep Amare from hitting a tying bucket with 1.3 seconds left.

The best part about this game for me was that the Suns played one of their worst halves of basketball in the first half and were only down 3 points. Too bad they followed that up by playing the worst 4 minutes ever in the 4th quarter.

I have supreme confidence in the team being able to close out games in the future. Nash and Stoudemire are too proud to let this team fail and D'Antoni will realize he needs to take the ball out of Barbosa's hands. The loss of Diaw hurt late in the game because he can post up, drive, dish, or finish and that takes some pressure off Nash to make it happen.

StylisticS
12-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Good game by both teams but too many turnovers for the Suns.

These teams are pretty evenly matched and I look forward to some good games in the future.

Congratulations Mavericks you are the champions of December. ;)

Yeah but yall have a better record than us in December. :lol

dirk4mvp
12-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Meh, I just got back from Lafayette, and I care not to read this whole thread as it's just a lot of back and forth bitching.....but, eat shit RonMexico. How does it feel to have the most un-clutch player ever to hit the game winning shot? Or Jet dropping 35 on your little girls last night? Or getting held to under 100? I bet your pants loaded up pretty bad last night huh?

mavsfan1000
12-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Suns>Nuggets. Even if Denver does get the 4 spot I'm not worried about them. They will have chemistry issues. The suns though are for real so whoever gets the 1 spot has an advantage.

dirk4mvp
12-29-2006, 08:16 PM
I think that Marion is personally the Suns X Factor. He's the only guy on the team who can be some semblance of defense, has a good offensive game, and can rebound. D Antoni needs to figure out a way to keep Marion more active and involved in games, because if he's doing those three things, that makes it a lot easier for the Suns to win games.

If you call jumping for alleys and spotting up for 3's good offense, then I guess it is.

stretch
12-29-2006, 08:43 PM
You have a lot of growing up to do... I don't care how you choose to say something. You want to use language to undermine any informed point you've made, go right on ahead...

You want to get in a pissing match with other posts, go right on ahead.

I don't care. Just don't try to bait me, because it doesn't work.

You use language. It riles another poster who then joins you in your foul-mouthed shenanigans. Now you whine and cry because a line was crossed. Boo hoo...

You dug yourself into a hole, paraded around as hot stuff and now someone's called your bluff and has offended you. Live with it.

I'm here to talk basketball, not babysit. Only offense I've ever taken from your posts was your misinformed opinion on the Suns not playing a lick of defense, then not playing consistant defense and now not playing defense when it matters.
oh my fucking god. i never once was the slightest bit offended or anything. i couldnt care less what the fuck he says, because it doesnt matter. its a fucking internet forum. i just find it funny that you guys get so pissed off and tell me to grow up from saying the word fuck, when he sits there, uses just as much foul language, and talks about fucking my mom in the ass, although she happens to be dead, and you support that. but the second i say fuck, you tell me to grow up. you truly must love being ignorant or something. i really dont give a shit what he says. its not going to make any difference in my life. im not going to sit here and cry and whine like a little bitch about something that doesnt matter. i just find it funny how hypocritical you guys are, and just how blind you are to it. if you want to talk basketball, lets talk basketball. but dont sit here and tell me to stop using foul language and grow up, while you have used foul language yourself, and also support someone who has used just as much foul language as me, and has said things that are far more offensive than anything i said.

you wanna talk basketball, then lets just forget this shit, move on instead of arguing over something as stupid and meaningless as this (which i also accept the fact that i started a lot of it myself) and start talking basketball. i am all for that.

stretch
12-29-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say that I have free reign to say whatever I want about your mom (who probably isn't dead since you spew so much bullshit out all over the place... if she is, then I'm sorry and it must have been your sister who wanted my nuts), the Mavs, or anybody for that matter, because the BIGGEST whiner in the WHOLE LEAGUE for at least 3 years was none other than Mr. Cuban himself. The man sends videos to the league office regarding ticky-tack fouls, posts sarcastic blog entries about Tim Duncan and "backs" that up with copious minutes of YouTube links, and then he goes on Letterman where he has the audacity to claim that he helped "reshape the league" and "clean up the fouls." The basketball gods paid him back by making his team drop 4 straight in the Finals.

One thing I will say about the Suns is that I'm proud to cheer for a team whose players, owners, coaches, and GMs don't resort to petty yelling or running onto the court to chastise officials at the end of games. (There have been times - aka when Bennett Salvatore screwed Nash over in Game 4 vs. the Lakers last year - where the Suns have spoken up, so don't bother bringing that up.)

I really don't care what stretch has to say, because his basketball IQ is about 0, but I have no problem resorting to his grade level when I post on here and hoping I can get some kind of point across in the midst of personal insults and obscenities.

:lol

thats all i have to say.

stretch
12-29-2006, 08:48 PM
It's that your argument changes to fit the situation. First, the Suns played "no defense" and then they only didn't play "consistent defense" and now it is they "don't play defense between the 6 and 2 minute marks against the Mavs on December 28 so they'll never win a title."

Your team was held to 41% shooting and the Suns made costly mistakes in the final 2 mins that led to Dirk hitting only his 2nd bucket of the 4th quarter to win the game. Congratulations, but where was the Mavs defense when the Suns went on a 27-6 run? How about that 10-0 run to start the 4th? Don't sit back and act like the Mavs are a defensive powerhouse that gave up 51% shooting, but was able to keep Amare from hitting a tying bucket with 1.3 seconds left.

The best part about this game for me was that the Suns played one of their worst halves of basketball in the first half and were only down 3 points. Too bad they followed that up by playing the worst 4 minutes ever in the 4th quarter.

I have supreme confidence in the team being able to close out games in the future. Nash and Stoudemire are too proud to let this team fail and D'Antoni will realize he needs to take the ball out of Barbosa's hands. The loss of Diaw hurt late in the game because he can post up, drive, dish, or finish and that takes some pressure off Nash to make it happen.

if you knew anything about simple english, you would know that playing "no defense" would also include "not playing consistent defense" and "not playing clutch defense". i still dont think they are a good defensive team. of course they have their moments throught games, as all teams do, no matter how shitty they are. but overall, even after last night, i was not very impressed with their defense, especially since you made it sound like they play great defense. i didnt see anything great about their defense at all. it played better than i expected, but like i said, all defenses will have their games and their moments. 1 game doesnt instantly show that they are a good defensive team. to win a title, you need to consistently play good defense, game after game. anyone that knows a damn thing about basketball knows that.

and you were saying I have 0 basketball IQ??? from a guy who thinks you can win a title without defense and rebounding... what a character... :lol