PDA

View Full Version : Spurs most feared playoff opponent is...

phxspurfan
12-27-2006, 02:44 AM
...the Nuggets. They will outscore us, out rebound us by 2:1, and out clutch shoot us with Iverson in addition to Melo. Nene can guard Duncan, Camby can play help D, Diawara can play respectable D, and Melo will get his on Bowen. TP wont be able to contain little Boykins. I see that Nugget team as the Spurs' worst nightmare this year.

cambrad
12-27-2006, 02:55 AM
...the Nuggets. They will outscore us, out rebound us by 2:1, and out clutch shoot us with Iverson in addition to Melo. Nene can guard Duncan, Camby can play help D, Diawara can play respectable D, and Melo will get his on Bowen. TP wont be able to contain little Boykins. I see that Nugget team as the Spurs' worst nightmare this year.

I agree. Except the part about Boykins.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-27-2006, 02:59 AM
The way AI is playing so far, it means trouble for other teams. We wont know what its like till Melo/Jr and Camby come back but if they continue to gel then they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Spurs r still the team to beat but i think the Nuggets can certainly be somewhere in that category come playoff time :smokin

ponky
12-27-2006, 03:04 AM
The way AI is playing so far, it means trouble for other teams. We wont know what its like till Melo/Jr and Camby come back but if they continue to gel then they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Spurs r still the team to beat but i think the Nuggets can certainly be somewhere in that category come playoff time :smokin

Why are the Spurs still the team to beat? Oh yeah, forget it, we've beaten them, I guess you meant they're the team for the Nuggets to beat, my bad.

About AI. He is playing like AI, no different than when he played for 76ers, which is to say that he is playing very well. Did this make the 76ers the number one team in the East? No. The Nuggets played great tonight but they also played the shitty Celtics who are only thinking about one thing right now: Greg Oden. I really, really like the Nuggets because of Camby first, then Melo and now AI but it's too early to start getting delusional about a team that hasn't proven anything. I hope they do really well (uh, as long as it's not at the expense of my Mavs) but one win against the Celtics does not mean much more than a W.

phxspurfan
12-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Why are the Spurs still the team to beat? Oh yeah, forget it, we've beaten them, I guess you meant they're the team for the Nuggets to beat, my bad.

About AI. He is playing like AI, no different than when he played for 76ers, which is to say that he is playing very well. Did this make the 76ers the number one team in the East? No. The Nuggets played great tonight but they also played the shitty Celtics who are only thinking about one thing right now: Greg Oden. I really, really like the Nuggets because of Camby first, then Melo and now AI but it's too early to start getting delusional about a team that hasn't proven anything. I hope they do really well (uh, as long as it's not at the expense of my Mavs) but one win against the Celtics does not mean much more than a W.

I see your point -- it's still pre-allstar break basketball against a weak team (playing without Paul Pierce I might add). But how they did it -- Najera, Nene and R. Evans all got over 11 rebounds and Iverson dished out 10+ assists. If they click this well and are coachable, watch out.

angel_luv
12-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Ugh I forgot Iverson was traded into our conference.

We'll still take him though. :)

George Gervin's Afro
12-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Fear an angry Angel_Luv... :fight

Texas_Ranger
12-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Fuck Denver, I'll say Dallas.

angel_luv
12-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Fear an angry Angel_Luv... :fight

Yea... make me mad and I'll Lucy Lie kick you in the shins! :lol

:angel

joeyjfive
12-27-2006, 04:28 PM
I can see Denver giving us problems, because really they always have. 2 years ago in the playoffs they put up a decent fight in the playoffs and now without a doubt they have gotten better as well as Carmelo. I'd really like to see Denver and Dallas in the first round or second round , I think it would be a great series, ofcourse I think Dallas would end up winning but Denver would give em all they can handle.

leemajors
12-27-2006, 04:38 PM
themselves.

phxspurfan
12-27-2006, 06:02 PM
themselves.

not anymore. We are definitely not the best team in the league right now. And we don't have the personnel to compete with the best. We also have an injury bug with one of our best players in Ginobili. Team defense is at an all time low level as well.

ChumpDumper
12-27-2006, 06:12 PM
You'll feel fine after we win again.

zeleni
12-27-2006, 06:14 PM
I would say Houston. Rockets have a good center, better defense and an inspired scorer. I do not see Ming getting outscored in the middle.

Nuggets and the Mavs are also near the top. We are weak against team with strong center pairs.

itzsoweezee
12-27-2006, 06:20 PM
phoenix has about six guys that can score 30 any given night. i can't see the spurs stopping those guys.

Bob Lanier
12-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Just zone against Denver. Let Iverson and Boykins jack up jumpshots all day long, send four back whenever a Spur shoots, and pound the ball inside to Duncan all game long.

I'd fear the Lakers, Rockets, and Mavs more. Hell, maybe even the Suns.

SPURS vs NBA media
12-27-2006, 07:26 PM
WE won't play Denver in the playoffs

1Parker1
12-27-2006, 08:27 PM
The only team that scares me is the Mavs. They are a lot tougher than even last season, I think and they're on a mission to get back to the Finals and win it after coming so close last season. Also, now they know that they can beat the Spurs in the postseason, after so many years of failing.

Meanwhile, Spurs seem to be losing their defensive intensity. They still don't have an answer for small ball. Pop's rotations seem to go wacky when playing the Mavs, and Erica Dampier seems to look like a freakin All Star against the Spurs every time they play. They also managed to get rid of deadweights like Keith Van Horn and got quality perimeter shooting in return: Buckner, Devon George, Croshere, etc. 3 point shooting was something they lacked last season.

Suns are the Suns. Until they learn to play some defense for 48 minutes, they aren't going to be very successful in the half court against teams like the Spurs, Mavs, Jazz, and even the Lakers. Yes they have a lot of people who can score 30 on a given night, but with the way they play defense the opposing team also gets a chance to have many players score in double digits. Spurs have shown this season by averaging over 100 that they too can score with the best of them.

Nuggets are good, I'm still depressed about AI leaving Philly, and even though I think they can go far in the playoffs, IF him and Melo learn to play together, which I think they will, they still lack a lot of other pieces before they become a contender, including their middle and bench. Moreover, they lack experience too.

phxspurfan
12-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Just zone against Denver. Let Iverson and Boykins jack up jumpshots all day long, send four back whenever a Spur shoots

So completely abandon the O rebounding game and turn into a jump shooting team ourselves? Not sure that will work against an equal or better jump shooting team in Denver.

We are weak against team with strong center pairs.

Let's see...that makes us vulnerable against Miami, Dallas, Utah, Cleveland, Sacramento, Denver, Houston...

If this is true and we are also vulnerable against a team with a physical long 3 who can score, then we are screwed! :dizzy

mavsfan1000
12-28-2006, 04:29 AM
I'll buy on the Suns and the Mavericks but I don't think the Nuggets chemistry will be there. Melo will hurt the chemistry. Anyway who on Denver is going to play some defense? No one.