PDA

View Full Version : Worried and concerned

Big Shot Rob
12-27-2006, 07:15 PM
The game last night against the Milwaukee Bucks really has me worried.

How could Parker be so good in the first half and so in-effective in the second half?

How could a team that has always prided itself on defense allow so many points in the paint?

Do we need to make a trade to shake up the team?

Or do we simply stand pat with the roster we have and simply work harder?

Is anyone else worried and concerned about our team?

SPURS vs NBA media
12-27-2006, 07:25 PM
It Was Eva Fault

spurschick
12-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Dear Worried and concerned,
Do not look down. Simply take your right foot and move it backwards. Then take the left foot and do the same. Repeat until you find yourself back on solid ground.

Have a nice day. :spin

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-27-2006, 07:39 PM
How could Parker be so good in the first half and so in-effective in the second half?
Ask Him.

How could a team that has always prided itself on defense allow so many points in the paint?
Not focused.

Yes. Maggette and sign Justin Williams.

That works too.

I'm not.

Budkin
12-27-2006, 07:50 PM
It was probably just a matter of them not taking the Bucks seriously, especially since they had them down 13. Once they decided to start playing better the game was over. I'm not that concerned, I just hope we start seeing real Spurs defense again. If we don't, I will be.

E20
12-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Give credit to the Bucks. They shot their highest FG% of the season at 57.1%. They're hotness from the field might have played a factor in that loss as well.

SequSpur
12-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Spurs aren't very good, I am not worried, just a little pissed, but I saved a ton of money by switching to Geico. :D

The Truth #6
12-27-2006, 08:23 PM
I think what the team needs more than anything, even more than a long 3, is another JYD type player, as in, someone who actually inspires the other players to play harder, keep pushing, etc...

What we have are a lot of nice guys and skill players but almost no players with any cojones to get up in players faces. Those players can be annoying at times but Mario and Jerome, and even AJ, played this role well.

The problem now is that the core already has rings and might not be open to being challenged but it needs to come from somewhere. And somewhere other than the coaching staff.

GrandeDavid
12-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Its still early. The Spurs pull this stuff every season early on.

SenorSpur
12-27-2006, 10:01 PM

I'm with you. I'm worried because despite several recent blowouts by a fairly substantial overall point differential versus their opponents, the Spurs have struggled mightily on the defensive end in a way that none of us have seen since the pre-Pop days. It seems opponents are parading down the lane and pouring in points from the arc.

As a result, bad teams (Charlotte, Philly, Golden State, and Milwaukee) have somehow kept games close and in some cases have beaten them. Has anyone noticed their woeful home record?

Conversely, I look at how the Mavs are chewing up their opponents (and rightfully so) with a championship-level type of determination. They seem to exhibit that very same attitude and intensity that AJ once instilled in the Spurs when he was our PG.

Whether it be attitude, a specific type of player who can energize their level of play or the right level of intensity and desire - something is definitely missing. Yes I am very worried.

Leetonidas
12-27-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm with you. I'm worried because despite several recent blowouts by a fairly substantial overall point differential versus their opponents, the Spurs have struggled mightily on the defensive end in a way that none of us have seen since the pre-Pop days. It seems opponents are parading down the lane and pouring in points from the arc.

With all the huge wins and bad defense in them, the Spurs seem to think they can win by playing harder on offense and weaker on defense - ala Phoenix - and it's biting them in the ass.

ShoogarBear
12-28-2006, 12:17 AM
JYD type player?

Spurminator
12-28-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm worried, but not concerned.

The Truth #6
12-28-2006, 12:19 AM
JYD, as in "Junk Yard Dog", as in Mario Ellie...

duncanchick21
12-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Guys, shit happens. Everybody makes mistakes. All they need is to go back to basics which is defense!! I still believe GO SPURS GO!!!

phxspurfan
12-28-2006, 12:58 AM
we are not getting Maggette.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-28-2006, 01:07 AM
we are not getting Maggette.
If all goes to plan the Kings will.

jbspurs
12-28-2006, 01:12 AM

Coz, He doesn't take it hard to the hoop unlike first half, settles for jumpshot!

We have new players that needs to adjust, pretty sure they'll get adjusted come playoff time.

Nope, Pop just need play Barry a lot more than Finley.

Work on defense!

Is anyone else worried and concerned about our team? Not me!!

peskypesky
12-28-2006, 01:31 AM

Because Milwaukee made adjustments. Because Milwaukee has a coach with a brain.

Because Poopavitch decided to go with his moronic "small ball" in the fourth.

We need a new coach.

We need a coach who will not take a player out of the game when he's hot (i.e. Eric Williams).

I am VERY worried. We have a stubborn idiot for a coach.

peskypesky
12-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Pop fucked this whole thing up again by going small ball and getting out rebounded and giving up 4 straight layups in crunch time...

Also, Beno didn't do shit again and he is in there to close out a game.

Eric Williams filled in nicely, Vaughn was dishing, Oberto was getting free and the Spurs were rolling...

Why in the fuck did he change it?

I don't get it... someone save the Spurs from Poopavitch!!

:pctoss

himat
12-28-2006, 02:04 AM
I wouldn't make too much out of it.

boutons_
12-28-2006, 02:22 AM
The Spurs know they suck, and don't care enough to unsuck. Why should we care?

With the uncaring, the flu, and inury, I can see the Spurs running out the year with 4 straight losses @ATT.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-28-2006, 02:39 AM
The Spurs know they suck, and don't care enough to unsuck. Why should we care?

With the uncaring, the flu, and inury, I can see the Spurs running out the year with 4 straight losses @ATT.
Damn you bitch more than a girl on her period.

rayray2k8
12-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Let me know when its June..

WalterBenitez
12-28-2006, 04:53 PM
It Was Eva Fault Did Eva got the boy in the halftime? :oink