PDA

View Full Version : Flip, Rip, and Chauncey = whiners

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-27-2006, 11:24 PM
The end of that Knicks - Pistons game was pathetic.

After all the flopping those two did on the court, they shouldn't have been crying about anything other than getting their asses handed to them by the kiddies on the Knicks.

Chris Childs
12-27-2006, 11:29 PM
I agree they are a bunch of whiners.

ABDENOUR POWER
12-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Yes, it can be annoying how much they whine. I won't argue that.

You have to admit, though, they DID have a case. Rip was clearly fouled two different times on that drive to the hoop. To have the game clinched for the Knicks on a blown call after playing hard for an entire game including 3 OT's, their frusturation was understandable.

Still, I'm not going to make too big a deal out of it. It never should have come down to that - the Pistons choked at the end of the first two OT's, failing to close out the Knicks both times. In the end, their fatigue from being on the second of a back was just too much. The Knicks played a good game too. They made their shots, got some bounces, and in the end got a favorable whistle. Thats just how it goes sometimes.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-27-2006, 11:42 PM
You have to admit, though, they DID have a case. Rip was clearly fouled two different times on that drive to the hoop. To have the game clinched for the Knicks on a blown call after playing hard for an entire game including 3 OT's, their frusturation was understandable.

Frustration? FRUSTRATION? How do you think Marbury felt when he fouled out because of Rip's gigantic flop? THAT'S frustration.

Or when the Pistons threw the bad inbounds pass that was going to get stolen, so Chauncey took a dive, and got the call.

I guess I can see where Rip was coming from though. He's got a shitty coach in Flip that couldn't recognize, unlike the rest of the free world, that Rip was spent and thought he needed to keep feeding Hamilton the rock in the three overtimes. That'd frustrate me too :lol

Seriously though, the game wouldn't have even gone 3 OTs if it weren't for Rip's flop on Marbury's box out. Without that, this game doesn't even make it out of overtime #1.

Quit bitching.

ABDENOUR POWER
12-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Frustration? FRUSTRATION? How do you think Marbury felt when he fouled out because of Rip's gigantic flop? THAT'S frustration.

Or when the Pistons threw the bad inbounds pass that was going to get stolen, so Chauncey took a dive, and got the call.

I guess I can see where Rip was coming from though. He's got a shitty coach in Flip that couldn't recognize, unlike the rest of the free world, that Rip was spent and thought he needed to keep feeding Hamilton the rock in the three overtimes. That'd frustrate me too :lol

Seriously though, the game wouldn't have even gone 3 OTs if it weren't for Rip's flop on Marbury's box out. Without that, this game doesn't even make it out of overtime #1.

Quit bitching.

Quit bitching? You hypocrite, what the hell do you think your entire post just was? I come in here and objectively state that Rip was indeed fouled, but that I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. Then you come back and start spewing your garbage about how without the refs on their side, the Pistons would have been done after one overtime. THAT is bitching.

Pistons < Spurs
12-27-2006, 11:56 PM

Quit bitching.

Have much Haterade today?
:lol

himat
12-28-2006, 01:46 AM
Ginobili, and Parker king of flops except for maybe Wade. Don't come in here with that. A long game and everyone puts their heart out and the refs change the game somewhat, you're the only one in here who wouldn't complain.

Bob Lanier
12-28-2006, 01:58 AM
Damn, Kidd and Marbury have done a number on Chauncey. 27 PPG, 7 RPG, 7.5 APG, 49% FGs to 11.5 PPG, 4 RPG, 8.5 APG and 17% FGs.

:owned

JamStone
12-28-2006, 09:11 AM
A lot of players bitch and whine when they feel they've been slighted by the refs, especially at the end of games. Not all, but a lot. Rip and Chauncey love to bitch at the refs. Is this a newsflash to you? Pistons players have been notorious whiners the last 3-4 years.

Chauncey has been outplayed the last couple games. He hasn't shot the ball well. But, he still has been passing the ball well and not turning the ball over. And, while you would like for him to score, he's doing what he should do when he gets his assists, doesn't turn the ball over, and makes tough plays when he's called upon.

TDMVPDPOY
12-28-2006, 11:30 AM
the pistons were the ones that were whining about the nets/suns high scoring game a few weeks ago, now its there turn, 'so wheres the defense'?

THE Dr. Evil
12-28-2006, 11:39 AM
All players bitch...especially the Spurs.

THE Dr. Evil
12-28-2006, 11:40 AM
the pistons were the ones that were whining about the nets/suns high scoring game a few weeks ago, now its there turn, 'so wheres the defense'?

When were the Pistons whinning about that game?

TDMVPDPOY
12-28-2006, 12:18 PM
When were the Pistons whinning about that game?
rasheed wallace said someshit about wheres the defense

himat
12-28-2006, 12:29 PM

Yeah no excuses for the bad defense. Pistons have kept teams in the mid 80's until yesterday though.

G-Money
12-28-2006, 02:25 PM
What I hate is, other players can whine and there wont be a big post about it, but when a Piston is whining about somthing, its a big deal. For injurys in 05 Wade gets hurt and it asks a question"What if Wade never got hurt?" but when our guys are hurt, its like it doesn't exist. Detroit gets shitted on all the time.

Chris Childs
12-28-2006, 02:27 PM
What I hate is, other players can whine and there wont be a big post about it, but when a Piston is whining about somthing, its a big deal. For injurys in 05 Wade gets hurt and it asks a question"What if Wade never got hurt?" but when our guys are hurt, its like it doesn't exist. Detroit gets shitted on all the time.

It's a big deal because they whine constantly hence (whiners)!

RonMexico
12-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah no excuses for the bad defense. Pistons have kept teams in the mid 80's until yesterday though.

If they gave it up to the Suns, then that might be OK, but they let the Knicks throw up that kind of score... what is Isiah putting in the water?

himat
12-28-2006, 02:47 PM
If they gave it up to the Suns, then that might be OK, but they let the Knicks throw up that kind of score... what is Isiah putting in the water?

Suns maybe the best scoring team, but a team still has to play defense. Knicks are talented, they have been. I remember Jalen Rose saying that the Knicks were rated the best in NBA Live because of all that individual talent. Some games they are meshing together to get wins. They might make the playoffs, if they are lucky they could win the division. Boston isn't good, Philly is done this season with Iverson, Nets have no consistant big man, and in Toronto Chris Bosh is carrying the load by himself.

THE Dr. Evil
12-29-2006, 09:10 AM

I never read or heard once that he said anything about bad defense in that game. If he did, you can count on it that he was joking around. Do you really think he cares about another game?

People, open your eyes and watch the games. All teams whine! ALL OF THEM. Sheed just happens to be the loudest about it and that's why the Pistons get labled as whinners.

SpurForLife
12-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I never read or heard once that he said anything about bad defense in that game. If he did, you can count on it that he was joking around. Do you really think he cares about another game?

People, open your eyes and watch the games. All teams whine! ALL OF THEM. Sheed just happens to be the loudest about it and that's why the Pistons get labled as whinners.

Yes, all teams whine in some form or another. People know that. I think the point being made here is that no team seems to do it better than the Pistons.

G-Money
12-29-2006, 03:32 PM
It's a big deal because they whine constantly hence (whiners)!

Still, who cares, everyone outside of Detroit always trys to make Detroit look bad. They get horrible calls called on them a lot during games(those late whisles piss me off when the refs know we have taken the ball cleanly and on our way to a fast break.)

Fuck Wade whines more then us.

G-Money
12-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Yes, all teams whine in some form or another. People know that. I think the point being made here is that no team seems to do it better than the Pistons.

Thats cause the refs 90% of the time make a wrong call agaisnt us.

Pistons < Spurs
12-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Still, who cares, everyone outside of Detroit always trys to make Detroit look bad. They get horrible calls called on them a lot during games(those late whisles piss me off when the refs know we have taken the ball cleanly and on our way to a fast break.)

LMAO! I'm pretty sure this post officially makes you a Detroit Whiner!

You're not really gonna play the 'every hates on us in Detroit' card are you?

jacobdrj
12-30-2006, 03:10 PM
whiners = winners

Spurs are no exception.

Lakers are no exception

Bulls are no exception

etc

MaNuMaNiAc
12-30-2006, 03:21 PM
:dramaquee

SpurForLife
12-30-2006, 05:44 PM
:dramaquee

I agree.

Burn531
12-30-2006, 07:28 PM

:lol Just stop it.