PDA

View Full Version : How come when Kobe

Spurs R Us
12-30-2006, 12:22 AM
fouled out tonight and could clearly be seen telling the ref the call was Bullshit, he was not given a technical?

gospursgojas
12-30-2006, 12:25 AM
b/c the "Zero/Low or whaterver rule" is just another judgment call that will be superstar biased

THE SIXTH MAN
12-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Shit I remember the game we played against the lakers, and Kobe pretty much chewed their asses out. Yet no call.

Bob Lanier
12-30-2006, 12:36 AM
http://herbie.mlblogs.com/photos/geoffs_gooey_photos/tim_duncan_no_foul-thumb.jpg

Tim Duncan has no idea what you're talking about.

Bruno
12-30-2006, 12:37 AM
And Pop said few weeks ago : "The league is just trying to cover its ass" (it was about Bowen story with Francis) and hasn't been fined. Go figure.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-30-2006, 12:45 AM
http://herbie.mlblogs.com/photos/geoffs_gooey_photos/tim_duncan_no_foul-thumb.jpg

:lol

ponky
12-30-2006, 12:55 AM
And Pop said few weeks ago : "The league is just trying to cover its ass" (it was about Bowen story with Francis) and hasn't been fined. Go figure.

Pop is the master at not getting T'ed up and fined. Sure he gets it sometimes but I remember staring in awe as he chewed the fuck out of Joey Crawford and I remember seeing him mouth a certain expletive and Joey Crawford stared at him and walked the other way. There were 1-2 times this season were I was just like, "luck fucker"

Anyway, as for Kobe, I thought he would get a technical but then I realized that the ref was facing the other way when Kobe was saying "bullshit" and Kobe wasn't in the ref's face he was walking towards the bench.

jman3000
12-30-2006, 04:01 AM
laker fans think kobe is the most disrespected player in the league when it comes to officials.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-30-2006, 04:10 AM
kobe has earned the benefit of the refs

I still can't get over wade's favoritism in the finals last year but I'll take it

Bruno
12-30-2006, 04:33 AM
Pop is the master at not getting T'ed up and fined.

:spin
You haven't understand my point.
Pop hasn't been fined because the league has too made a mistake by calling Bowen without calling Spurs staff.

My point is that it's a little more complicate that "he has said bullshit, he should get a T oe he has said ass he should be fined". There are rules but this rules are used by humans : circunstances, feelings... are an important part of the decision. Refs are humans, not machines and it's a good thing.

boutons_
12-30-2006, 04:53 AM
Ronnie Nunn on NBA TV said this week that he was seeing way too much whining and bitching recently and he wagged his finger at the camera and warned the players to shape up.

He did say they officials had slacked off on Ts after the beginning of the season, but he was ready to crank them up again.

leemajors
12-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Pop is the master at not getting T'ed up and fined. Sure he gets it sometimes but I remember staring in awe as he chewed the fuck out of Joey Crawford and I remember seeing him mouth a certain expletive and Joey Crawford stared at him and walked the other way. There were 1-2 times this season were I was just like, "luck fucker"

Anyway, as for Kobe, I thought he would get a technical but then I realized that the ref was facing the other way when Kobe was saying "bullshit" and Kobe wasn't in the ref's face he was walking towards the bench.

they are distracted by his slick jc penny sport jackets.

foodie2
12-30-2006, 09:34 AM

:lol :lol

That one made my morning. I love Timmy but...

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Shit I remember the game we played against the lakers, and Kobe pretty much chewed their asses out. Yet no call.
Ask Ronnie Nunn.

LilMissSPURfect
12-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I don't care how many fouls Timmy didn't commit or Bitches about
HE DESERVES SOME SLACK AND AN "IM NOT WORTHY" ATTITUDE FROM THE NBA AND ITS FANS.....FOR ALL HE'S DONE AND "NOT DONE" ON THE COURT OR OFF.... compared to all these thugs,rapists,and show boaters there is out on the court

Timmay is da man!

Kobe is kobe and Tim is Tim and FAIR IS FAIR.....hopefully it will even itself out later...when kobe is looking for a foul in the playoffs and all he gets is a free meal on the river walk :toast

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-30-2006, 01:12 PM
You must have missed the Knicks and Pistons the other night. When Rip didn't get a call with about 12 seconds left in triple OT, he went off on the refs.

He chewed out the two younger refs on the crew for a good minute with no technical. It was only when he went to Jack Nies and bitched at him that he got a technical. So what does he do? Go back to the rookie ref and chew his ass some more, and the guy stands there and takes it all.

Rip bitched out the three refs for a good minute and a half while only getting one technical. Pretty fucking weak, stripes...

YoMamaIsCallin
12-30-2006, 04:18 PM
laker fans think kobe is the most disrespected player in the league when it comes to officials.

That's because they are homers without any sense for the game. They think that when Kobe drives the paint and flails around in the air and throws himself into the defender and yells that that's a foul on the defense.

Fabbs
12-30-2006, 04:27 PM
stench of Kobe in Spurs forum.
Request move to NBA forum.

Fillmoe
12-30-2006, 04:27 PM
cuz hes kobe................................