PDA

View Full Version : You know the best medicine go to people that's paid

Kanye
12-30-2006, 08:36 PM
If Magic Johnson got a cure for AIDS
And all the broke muh'fuckers passed away

Summers
12-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Not sure what prompted this, but in case this is a real thought... It's not that better medicine goes to rich people. It's that rich people can afford to buy all the medicine they need all the time, whereas people who aren't rich may only be able to afford it intermittently. The AIDS cocktail is extremely expensive (can't remember the exact amount), and therefore nearly impossible for most people to keep up with. Magic has said the same thing himself.

tsb2000
12-30-2006, 11:42 PM
I know that if people don't have insurance, jobs, etc., there are groups in almost every major city that will help hiv patients get their meds (and almost everything else) for next to nothing.

I'm not saying it's not easier if you've got ins and a job, but help is available.

Kori Ellis
12-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Not sure what prompted this, but in case this is a real thought... It's not that better medicine goes to rich people. It's that rich people can afford to buy all the medicine they need all the time, whereas people who aren't rich may only be able to afford it intermittently. The AIDS cocktail is extremely expensive (can't remember the exact amount), and therefore nearly impossible for most people to keep up with. Magic has said the same thing himself.

I believe Magic also used a lot of the experimental AIDS drugs that were not yet approved in the U.S.

Summers
12-31-2006, 10:21 AM
I believe Magic also used a lot of the experimental AIDS drugs that were not yet approved in the U.S.

In that case, depending on how he had access to them, it could raise legitimate questions about how/why he got those drugs and others didn't. (Hate to seem so nerdy about it, but I'm a nursing-school dropout and medical ethics was a fascinating class). :)

samikeyp
12-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Not so fast my friend.

Spurminator
12-31-2006, 12:10 PM
The best English education go to people that's paid too. Kanye should sign up for some classes.

leemajors
12-31-2006, 12:29 PM
andre 3000 expressed the same sentiment, albeit in a much better fashion:

Who said good folks is not supposed to die
The same * that said * is not supposed to cry
United States giving out milk and cheese to pacify
I'm sure they got a cure for AIDS, but yet it's classified
You wonder why I spit the truth and not to make no dough
To make a differencefo' this * up and blow
In piece, I could thinkof many reasons
Only when * is going bad you want to holla Jesus
I pledge allegiance, they got my knuckles bleeding
From crawling , got these * thinkin they ballin'
When they isn't, don't take my word,
there's * off in prison
That will tell yo, that's locked up for a long time and won't sell you
No flex, so congregation will turn you text,
To the book of OutKast, chapter two, verse one
The first one, that feel me jump up and make a joyful noise
You'se OutKastic, meaning you now have a choice like that

Kanye
12-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Andre is a deep brotha.

1Parker1
12-31-2006, 03:23 PM
the farma companies actually (at least before plan d) used to give away alot of free meds to people who couldn't afford them

I work at GlaxoSmithKline and I know they gave a huge $2 billion grant for AIDs research overseas a few years back and I don't think GSK gives away meds for free anymore, but we offer them at "discounted" prices (after a certain lawsuit forced them to...:lol) to developing countries based on a certain pricing strategy we use....

But everyone else is right in that AID's medication is very expensive and people like Magic not only have the money, but also the resources to learn about new experimental drugs on the market...

Fillmoe
12-31-2006, 03:44 PM
the sad thing is that drug companies sell drugs to canada and mexico for 10 times cheaper than they do the the US.... you could literally go out of the country and get your meds for the year dirt cheap!

01Snake
12-31-2006, 06:01 PM
The best English education go to people that's paid too. Kanye should sign up for some classes.

:lol