PDA

View Full Version : I am here...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-31-2006, 02:05 PM
San Francisco, Baby!

That is all.

:D :spin :D :spin :D

PS Buying a cell phone today, so if you want to chat send me a PM.

Fillmoe
12-31-2006, 02:06 PM
dont cross the other side of that bridge...... :lol

Leetonidas
12-31-2006, 03:11 PM
dont cross the other side of that bridge...... :lol

http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Dave-Chappelle-s-Show-suspended-2.jpg

"Welcome to Oakland bitch!"

Mr Dio
01-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Where are you staying?

Kori Ellis
01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Ruff, sorry we missed your call yesterday. I was sick and didn't have my phone around.

Have fun in SF and we'll see you in San Antonio soon.

T Park
01-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Fisherman's warf resteraunts.

You'll thank me later :)

The Pied Piper
01-01-2007, 07:30 PM
This Australian is coming to San Antonio??????

Sonia_TX
01-01-2007, 10:27 PM
I love San Fran!! It's my second favorite city (first being SA of course...hehe). Have fun! Be sure to take a boat ride (at Sunset if possible) that will take you under the bridge and around The Rock.

ShoogarBear
01-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Let us know how dinner with the ex went. :lol

Fillmoe
01-01-2007, 10:55 PM
the seafood restaurants at the warf are some of the best in cali man......

Mr Dio
01-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Where ya at?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Woah... what a few days I have had, and NOT in a good way.

So everything went well in getting here, and then Ruby Skye on NYE was AWESOME - if you like a good club, check this place out on a big night. Tremendous... except that I got totally played by a teasing biatch, but that's another story. The club still rocked.

After that things went further pear-shaped. In short, on the night of the 1st, staying in a lovely lodge called the Pine Cove Inn up on the Mendocino coast, I got really sick. Aches and pains, the runs, chills, the whole kit and kaboodle.

Holed up in Fort Bragg the next night, felt a little better, and drove up to the Humboldt redwoods on the 3rd (my birthday) - wow! Pity it was in the driving rain so I couldn't put the mop top on the Mustang down.

So last night in Ukiah I got really really sick again and ended up in the hospital at 4am on a 2L saline drip. Great way to spend my birthday. :depressed.

Still feeling pretty crap - the doc reckons it's a virus and that I just have to stay off solid food until it fixes itself. Oh, and I've had about 18 hours sleep in 6 days, so i'm a walking zombie...

Also, my cell phone went dead for the last 4 days for no particular reason.

Suffice it to say, I have had the worst possible start to the holiday that you can imagine, but I'm soldiering on despite feeling terrible the whole time. In fact, my positivity in the face of painful trials has astounded me.

I'll tell the full story in chronological order to anyone who's interested when I get to SA. All I can say is that it has been character building. :lol

Time to go and try to get some sleep. Calgary tomorrow. Fingers crossed that things are on the up.

Ruff

Fillmoe
01-04-2007, 05:58 PM
you on a big ass road trip just hitting up random spots?????

01-04-2007, 06:00 PM
"Pear shaped"?

The more I understand Aussie slang, the more I don't.

Ruff, get some Immodium for the green apple quick step. You can find it at any pharmacy. You'll thank me later.

Have a few double vodka's (Preferable Tito's, distilled in Texas) and a couple of Tylenol Simply Sleep for a good night's rest and she'll be apples.

Solid D
01-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Bad news about your illness(es). It sounds like a fantastic journey save the sick parts!

Are you taking pics?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Shoogar and Fillmoe - I wisely didn't cross over to Oakland, mostly because that's where my ex lives. ;) Fuck that shit. I haven't contacted her, just like I said I wouldn't, and I don't even think about her now. I did the right thing.

Fillmoe - nah, planned NYE in SF, then up the coast to Humboldt to hike in the redwoods - so much for the hiking. Now off to Calgary for a wedding, then SA to hang with you crazy cats...

"Pear-shaped" means "out of shape" or "in bad shape". I think all Commonwealthers use it. Canadians confirm that?

1369 - I used some imodium but it didn't do shit (ba dum bum chish!). Whatever I've got is beyond over the counter meds. As for vodka, right now I think that'd kill me! Thankfully Rollaids have k8illed the acid reflux though. :lol

As for sleep, both temazepam and valium ain't working, so I'm screwed in that direction too. Oh well.

I am taking pics, but for the entire trip up the Mendocino coast and Humboldt County it was raining like a biatch, so not sure how good they'll look. I'll post them on the net when I get to SA - what's the best site (ie. most space - think I'll need a Gig by the end of the trip).

Don't worry, my bad luck now will turn to gold in SA and we will go on a 6 game winning streak while I'm there. It's all just preperation, baby! ;)

And I have discovered that I'm not the pussy I thought I was. Try being alone and cut off from everyone you know, driving 600miles on difficult roads with diarrhea and the flu and not wanting to kill yourself, and you'll know what I mean. Positivity has much to say for it. :D

Later for now...

tlongII
01-05-2007, 11:54 AM
If you're still in SF take the ferry over to Sausalito. It's kind of artsy, but it's pretty cool.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Sorry to read about the illnesses, Ruff...but we'll listen to the whole story over drinks when you get to SA.

Mr Dio
01-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Sorry to read about the illnesses, Ruff...but we'll listen to the whole story over drinks when you get to SA.

Watchout Ruff!
Blaze is a Poofter who digs rooting his mates from the other side of the world!!!

angel_luv
01-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Wow- I hope you feel better and that the rest of your trip is fantastic. :)

Oh and welcome to the States. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-07-2007, 10:23 PM
G'day from Canada, eh?

I'm in Calgary now and the illness is gone, thank the Universe. Talking to a Californian on the flight up here, he said it's common for people to get sick for 4 days off CA water, and that's exactly what happened to me. Huh? Now you can't trust the water in the developed world too???

Calgary is a fantastic town, and there are distinct parallels to SA. Friendly, open, inviting, fronteir atmosphere. Love it here. Met some fascinating people out on the town, and saw the Flames beat the Stars 4-2 last night in my first live hockey game. I'm now a Flames fan for life!

Just to embarrass myself and show you all how little game I have, I met a 6'4" ex-Arizona centre when I bought my Flames jersey. We talked a while and got along really well. I love the idea of going on a date with someone I can look in the eye, so I went back later and asked, "So, are you going out after the game?" She replied, "Probably not," at which point I should have said, "would you like to?" (a pity I only realised that 5 minutes later). I then said it was nice to meet her and wished her well and was on my way. I get an F for game. I am truly gameless. :depressed Oh well, at least I'm not sick any more... :lol

Friends wedding in Canmore for the next two days, so I'll be back in a couple.

Luv,

Ruff

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Just to embarrass myself and show you all how little game I have, I met a 6'4" ex-Arizona centre when I bought my Flames jersey. We talked a while and got along really well. I love the idea of going on a date with someone I can look in the eye, so I went back later and asked, "So, are you going out after the game?" She replied, "Probably not," at which point I should have said, "would you like to?" (a pity I only realised that 5 minutes later). I then said it was nice to meet her and wished her well and was on my way. I get an F for game. I am truly gameless. Oh well, at least I'm not sick any more...

:lol

I see your game hasn't improved since the last time you were here in Texas.

Just kidding!

Have fun in Canada.

Shelly
01-07-2007, 10:39 PM
G'day from Canada, eh?

Just to embarrass myself and show you all how little game I have, I met a 6'4" ex-Arizona centre when I bought my Flames jersey. We talked a while and got along really well. I love the idea of going on a date with someone I can look in the eye, so I went back later and asked, "So, are you going out after the game?" She replied, "Probably not," at which point I should have said, "would you like to?" (a pity I only realised that 5 minutes later). I then said it was nice to meet her and wished her well and was on my way. I get an F for game. I am truly gameless. :depressed Oh well, at least I'm not sick any more... :lol

Dude, you could have gotten her just with your accent alone!!!

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Dude, you could have gotten her just with your accent alone!!!

That's what we tried to tell him last time he was in the States :lol

Shelly
01-07-2007, 10:42 PM
That's what we tried to tell him last time he was in the States :lol

:lol

Wimmen looooove an Australian accent!

MannyIsGod
01-08-2007, 03:30 AM
Dude, sack up.

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2007, 06:38 AM
show them how the yobs down under do it mate :D

and i have never heard the slang term "pear-shaped" being used....

Slomo
01-08-2007, 09:08 AM
... and i have never heard the slang term "pear-shaped" being used....The English use it a lot.

Ruff

Sorry about your illness and even more sorry about your lack of "game", but thanks for the entertainment :lol

Remember Practice makes perfect :spin

alamo50
01-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Just think that for that horrible start of your trip, there's an awesome ending of it awaiting you in San Antone Ruff!

I have big time respect that you are dealing with this all alone in a foreign country.

kris
01-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Ruff, sorry we missed your call yesterday. I was sick and didn't have my phone around.
Have fun in SF and we'll see you in San Antonio soon.

:sick + :cell = :td ?

:flypig

You must be sick if that's what you came up with.

:boooooo

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2007, 01:54 PM
u mite get some head

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Wonderful wedding in Canmore, found me some game ( ;) ), will be in SA on Friday!

Who is up for hitting the town with me on Friday night? I get in about 8:30pm, will need about an hour to get to the hotel and freshen up, then I'll be ready to partay baby! Would love to go somewhere laid-back and friendly, preferably with some good progressive (underground) house music or ol skool (De La, Tribe, Digable Planets, etc) hip hop/funk/soul... and of course plenty of ladies. All suggestions welcome.

BTW, for those not in the know, Calgary is hot babe central. It is full of incredibly beautiful, very friendly ladies (and people in general). Definitely worth a visit if you are in the vicinity. I will certainly be coming back!

Life is good now, and San Antonio, New York and Las Vegas yet to come! :elephant

PS There must be something wrong with me or my accent because: 1. Americans can never work out that I'm Aussie, they all think I'm British or something, and, 2. the "accent makes American women weak at the knees" thing has never worked for me... and I'm not butt-ugly either (although I'm also no Pierce Brosnan).

Just a few days to go. The Spurs will now go on a 7 game winning streak (at least), mark my words. We will be 30-12 or so by the time I'm in NY.