PDA

View Full Version : LMAO @ cigarette smokers

Trainwreck2100
12-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Enjoy your price hike tomorrow

IX_Equilibrium
12-31-2006, 02:12 PM
I can't wait until San Antonio bans smoking at all public places including bars.

midgetonadonkey
12-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Screw you.

Trainwreck2100
12-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Think of it like this, you're helping younger generations go to school and then succumb to peer pressure and become more smokers keeping up demand

midgetonadonkey
12-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Fuck that. I'm quitting. There's no way I'm paying $5 per pack.

Trainwreck2100
12-31-2006, 02:23 PM

It's only $4 at CVS/Walgreens

midgetonadonkey
12-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Interesting.

Melmart1
12-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Just go to Mexico and buy them.

midgetonadonkey
12-31-2006, 02:56 PM
Mexico is the answer to all of my problems.

Pistons < Spurs
12-31-2006, 03:01 PM

Are you kidding me? You all are just now reaching the $5 mark?

LOL In Michigan we've been paying 5.00-5.50 for well over 2 years now!!!

At that time I too said I wouldn't pay $5 ............. and as you can guess, I'm still smoking. :depressed

Kanye
12-31-2006, 03:03 PM
propaganda!

ZStomp
12-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Thank God I don't smoke.

1Parker1
12-31-2006, 03:16 PM
I can't wait until San Antonio bans smoking at all public places including bars.

I remember when they placed that ban here in Philly and Jersey last year, smokers went beserk. I believe they even held a mini-protest down in Center City.

tsb2000
12-31-2006, 05:40 PM
The hike in AZ was .80 per pack with this election, except the Indian reservations do not have to include state taxes on their smokes. That all being said, I quit almost two years ago. :)

phyzik
12-31-2006, 05:46 PM

and I bet your one of the morons that sits in the smoking sections and then proceeds to complain. :lol

leemajors
12-31-2006, 05:50 PM

it was nice while it lasted in austin. they went back on it somewhat but most places are still non-smoking.

IX_Equilibrium
12-31-2006, 06:06 PM
and I bet *your one of the morons that sits in the smoking sections and then proceeds to complain. :lol

*you're

Before making the assumption that someone is a moron, you may want to learn proper grammar, dipshit.

T Park
12-31-2006, 07:07 PM
Gotta love higher taxes.

Gotta love more govt wasted money.

LuvBones
12-31-2006, 07:30 PM
You smokers should stock up now and when you run out QUIT! You can do it!

LuvBones
12-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Or you can just quit now. ;)

Sapphire
12-31-2006, 07:45 PM
We just left Wal-Mart where my husband picked up a box of patches. I quit 3 years ago, so I know the agony he is about to go thru for the next couple of days. I just hope he can do it this time. $5 a pack is getting out of hand.

leemajors
12-31-2006, 07:55 PM

the only places you can smoke indoors in austin for the last few years has been bars - it's weird now going to another city where a restaurant has a smoking section, the smell is disgusting.

Duff McCartney
12-31-2006, 09:43 PM
I find smokers to be the most hilarious people in the world. It's funny/sad/pathetic to see some tough shit person walk around and then when they don't get their smoke, simply dissolve into a fiend wanting to get their fix and doing anything for it.

I hope they do ban smoking everywhere.

I can only think of Homer and Apu when Homer tries to find a last minute gift for Marge.

Homer: What?!?! That's highway robbery I won't pay it!!!
Apu: Oh I think you will.

That's the smokers...I think you will pay that price.

bigzak25
12-31-2006, 11:58 PM
i hate those ciggy smokin motherfuckers...weed or don't smoke...it's that simple.

T Park
01-01-2007, 04:24 AM
I hope they do ban smoking everywhere

restrict our liberities even more.

Horrah.

exstatic
01-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Gotta love higher taxes.

Gotta love more govt wasted money.
It's a purely voluntary tax. Don't pay it if you don't want to.

Slomo
01-01-2007, 11:03 AM
TPark, did you ever consider the possibility this is a health issue not a political one?

Horry For 3!
01-01-2007, 12:08 PM
You smokers should stock up now and when you run out QUIT! You can do it!
That is what my mom did, she bought 2 cartons on the 30th and she said once they are out then she is quitting. Mainly because of her health since my grandpa was a smoker and had a heart attack in Sept and almost died.

tsb2000
01-01-2007, 12:10 PM
If you're looking to quit, get your mind right. It's not about giving something up, it's about getting your health back and money in your pocket- not to mention being able to sit through an entire Spurs game without looking for a smoking section outside (if there is one).

Read this book over and over until you believe every word, then quitting is easy. The patches or gum will only need to serve as backup.

link (http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Nonsmokers/dp/1402718616)

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/1402718616.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

:crosses "do a good deed" off resolution list...:)

ShoogarBear
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM

Horrah.So then you're for legalization of drugs?

Marklar MM
01-01-2007, 02:59 PM
So then you're for legalization of drugs?

Marijuana should be legal.

leemajors
01-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Marijuana should be legal.

and what would that accomplish? i was a pothead for years and that was my mantra, but now i don't really see the point.

Bob Lanier
01-01-2007, 03:06 PM
and what would that accomplish? i was a pothead for years and that was my mantra, but now i don't really see the point.
So you became confused and unmotivated after you stopped smoking pot?

exstatic
01-01-2007, 03:26 PM
If you're looking to quit, get your mind right. It's not about giving something up, it's about getting your health back and money in your pocket- not to mention being able to sit through an entire Spurs game without looking for a smoking section outside (if there is one).

Read this book over and over until you believe every word, then quitting is easy. The patches or gum will only need to serve as backup.

One thing I would add: you need to quit for yourself, not anyone else, your GF, BF, wife, hubby, whatever. You will resent that person for "depriving you", and it will sabotage the attempt. Smoking itself is a monstrously selfish activity, and that is the mindset you need to quit: monstrous selfishness.

SequSpur
01-01-2007, 03:29 PM

Horrah.

:lmao

Does your momma still put you on restriction?

SpursWoman
01-01-2007, 03:41 PM

That's awesome, and definitely worth a shot. :)

I've got one more in the pack, and then on to the big box of Nicorette ... it's not the money, I quit being a poor college bitch 15 years ago. I've been wanting to quit for a while now.

And fuck those of you who think it's not a serious problem and can sit back and ridicule those with the addiction, when several of you could be the fucking poster child for obesity-related heart disease. Maybe slapping a sin-tax on junk food would be a good way to protect us from ourselves, too. Glass houses and all of that.

Texas_Ranger
01-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I hate cigarettes. :ihit :devil :pctoss :madrun

SpursWoman
01-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Good for you.

Slomo
01-01-2007, 03:45 PM
And fuck those of you who think it's not a serious problem and can sit back and ridicule those with the addiction, when several of you could be the fucking poster child for obesity-related heart disease. Maybe slapping a sin-tax on junk food would be a good way to protect us from ourselves, too. Glass houses and all of that.

I quit smoking 21 years ago from one day to the other. For me (emphasis on me) it was easy, but if there was an obesity tax I would be soooooooo screwed! I can't stick to a diet for more than 2 days :depressed

SpursWoman
01-01-2007, 03:54 PM

I quit smoking 21 years ago from one day to the other. For me (emphasis on me) it was easy, but if there was an obesity tax I would be soooooooo screwed! I can't stick to a diet for more than 2 days :depressed

What a coincidence, I've quit 2,100 times! :lol

Slomo
01-01-2007, 04:05 PM
What a coincidence, I've quit 2,100 times! :lolWhich again is the approx number of diets I've been on :lol

midgetonadonkey
01-01-2007, 04:09 PM
This thread makes me want a smoke.

ShoogarBear
01-01-2007, 04:22 PM
:smokin

Shelly
01-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things to do. I've quit for about 4 years now, but I can guarantee you that if I lit up right now, I'd be smoking a pack a day again. Because I've done that twice in the past after having quit for years.

SW and others, my mom quit 20 years ago after smoking for probably 30 years. She used some thing that told her when to smoke. It would tell her when to smoke and basically, it gradually cut her down. I don't remember what it was called, but I'm sure there's something like that still out there.

Good luck to those trying to quit!

tsb2000
01-01-2007, 08:11 PM
That's awesome, and definitely worth a shot. :)

I've got one more in the pack, and then on to the big box of Nicorette ... it's not the money, I quit being a poor college bitch 15 years ago. I've been wanting to quit for a while now.

Go for it- and call it your bday present to yourself. I lived the 2 pack a day life for over 10 years. It wasn't about the $ for me, either. I could have afforded them even at Canadian prices. I'll echo what ex said, it is a selfish thing. Even my kids couldn't convince me to quit. I had to want to be a non-smoker again more than I wanted to smoke. I had to want and believe quitting to be something I could accomplish. Two years later, here I am. You can do it! :)

Guru of Nothing
01-02-2007, 11:45 PM
It's a purely voluntary tax. Don't pay it if you don't want to.

Let's do the same with food - $10 nachos, $15 cheeseburgers, etc.

"Ain't it amazing all the people I meet
Got a revolution Got to revolution

We are volunteers of America"

ShoogarBear
01-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Let's do the same with food - $10 nachos, $15 cheeseburgers, etc.
You obviously have never been to the AT&T Center.

mFFL03
01-03-2007, 05:17 PM
hmmm...well if it IS going to education...we might as well add a tax on alcohol too!! because we are all about future education huh?

while we are at it...lets raise toll prices (already in happening in Dallas) and make I-35 a Toll road too!!!

....it would be going to education.....

LaMarcus Bryant
01-03-2007, 05:51 PM
why dont we just save time and punch all cigarette smokers in the stomach

DarkReign
01-03-2007, 05:52 PM
SW said it best....all you non-smoking uppity types make me want to puke. On one hand slighting a smoker, in the other ramming a cheeseburger down your fat, disgusting throat, pilling in any and all food your "health conscious" appetite can muster.

Total personal conviction here, but I find fat people to be disgusting. So grossly out of control of their own appetites that even when they have to buy new clothing annually, it doesn’t occur to them that their waist line is larger than leg length, and unless youre a midget, that’s a bad thing.

What you control freaks fail to realize is youre next. Private companies have already begun dropping smokers from their health coverage because of “inflated costs”. Which is totally true, but where does the line get drawn?

Go ahead. Ban everything you feel is some sort of health risk. Smoking does not have the same stigma attached to it in Europe as it does in America, yet Americans die of cancer at a much more alarming rate. Im sure because of the second hand smoke of course.

So keep preaching. One small victory for non-smokers, one giant leap for the next wave of health radicals ready and waiting to regulate the next portion of your life.

Fucking idiots. Slippery slope you righteous bastards. I certainly hope someone in your family is over weight, and gets dropped by their insurance. See you crying all over these forums about how shit isn’t fair. Bummer. Go cry on someone else’s shoulder.

You don’t like smoking in restaurants? I can understand. Keep em.
You don’t like smoking in bars? Than take your weak-ass to the restaurants.

/rant

01-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Damn DR, tell us how you really feel...

LaMarcus Bryant
01-03-2007, 05:58 PM
when did all people who find smoking disgusting become non stop eaters

DarkReign
01-03-2007, 06:05 PM
when did all people who find smoking disgusting become non stop eaters

Its a generalization. The same generalization method used upon smokers. Generalizations are great when youre not apart of them, but when youre included, they suck.

I smoke, therefore I am disgusting.
You are fat, therefore disgusting.

Whether you, Bryant, are fat or not isnt the issue. The issue is you most likely have a facet in your life that is unhealthy. That unhealthly aspect, based on a precedent like smoking, may (in the near furture) preclude you from health benefits and/or participating in routine life.

Now, the carrot is, if you remove said unhealthiness, We, the General Society, shall allow you back into our network (the network you were always entitled to, great gift, huh?).

Some may call me bullshit, but when their insurance company eventually kicks their obese child off the coverage, they will be dumb enough, clueless enough, ignorant enough to ask the fatal question "How is this fair?"

It isnt. But your kid is fat, so fuck em.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Its a generalization. The same generalization method used upon smokers. Generalizations are great when youre not apart of them, but when youre included, they suck.

Whether you, Bryant, are fat or not isnt the issue. The issue is you most likely have a facet in your life that is unhealthy. That unhealthly aspect, based on a precedent like smoking, may (in the near furture) preclude you from health benefits and/or participating in routine life.

Now, the carrot is, if you remove said unhealthiness, We, the General Society, shall allow you back into our network (the network you were always entitled to, great gift, huh?).

Some may call me bullshit, but when their insurance company eventually kicks their obese child off the coverage, they will be dumb enough, clueless enough, ignorant enough to ask the fatal question "How is this fair?"

It isnt. But your kid is fat, so fuck em.

Well I'm actually pretty skinny, just think smoking is gross. And the onlyl aspect of my lifestyle that can be considered unhealthy would get me into alot more trouble than losing out on health insurance. Actually health insurance would be the least of my problems.

I agree with what you're saying, but don't fall into that category. I'm all for privacy of individuals....fucking drug tests :smokin

DarkReign
01-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Well I'm actually pretty skinny, just think smoking is gross. And the onlyl aspect of my lifestyle that can be considered unhealthy would get me into alot more trouble than losing out on health insurance. Actually health insurance would be the least of my problems.

I agree with what you're saying, but don't fall into that category. I'm all for privacy of individuals....fucking drug tests :smokin

:tu Me too.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-03-2007, 06:17 PM
In fact, now that i think about it, since drug tests already are mandatory in many job circles, i dont give a fuck if cigarette smokers get rights taken away from them.

If they would have followed the privacy logic one step further and stopped that step, maybe it would not have come to this step.

But I guess its best to stop this while we can. LOL at the possibility of dropping fat people from health insurance.

Shelly
01-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Smokers: Quitting May Be A Bottle of Water Away (http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=6c4f88b9-fa0b-4220-82f3-5c7ea4080f43&rss=68)
Last Update: 1/3/2007 7:50:21 PM

Posted By: Vickie Jean Summers

Print This Story
Email This Story

If you're trying to quit smoking, a bottle of water may be your saving grace.
A company outside of Abilene, Custom Label Water, is bottling the water called "NicLite." Each 8-ounce bottle is the equivalent of two cigarettes.

The water is made by a California company, and the Texas bottler is manufacturing 3,000 cases a month. But that need could be growing.

"I can see it as a growing product, especially with the smoking bans all over the country," said Roy Parsons of Custom Label Water.

The nicotine water is currently only sold in Georgia and California, but can be purchased online on the NicLite website.

tsb2000
01-03-2007, 11:01 PM
-but does the water come in lights and menthol? :lmao

mikejones99
01-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Bitches that smoke are usually easy to get into bed. It is like seeing the green lite. They just don't give a shit

phyzik
01-04-2007, 09:29 PM

GREAT fucking Idea!!! SA Smokers unite!!! We can make the whole city miserable!!!

Vote "great!!!" for Obesity Tax in 2008!!!! :lol

dallaskd
01-04-2007, 09:31 PM
cigarettes are gross, but im all for smokin weed.

midgetonadonkey
01-07-2007, 03:15 PM
I just smoked my last square.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-07-2007, 06:17 PM
endo
we blow endo
yall might see me on jay leno
dey be like marc can you listen to mah demo

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Bitches that smoke are usually easy to get into bed. It is like seeing the green lite. They just don't give a shit

I concur.

SpursWoman
01-07-2007, 09:08 PM
You concur with the biggest bitch of them all? How disappointing. :fro

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 09:28 PM
I can't speak to the moral character of the poster, but the observation about women who smoke out at clubs and their certain lack of moral 'integrity', seems to hold true.

SpursWoman
01-07-2007, 09:33 PM
I can't speak to the moral character of the poster, but the observation about women who smoke out at clubs and their certain lack of moral 'integrity', seems to hold true.

Really? What do you know about me, personally? And not what I play on an internet message board. Because according to you and the jackass you quoted, I lack moral integrity because I became addicted to nicotine at a very young age....like there is really any kind of correlation.

Maybe if you're making that assumption about girls in clubs who are smoking, it's probably because they are also DRINKING. And we are all ho's when we're drunk...smoking has nothing to do with it. :lol

Shelly
01-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Maybe if you're making that assumption about girls in clubs who are smoking, it's probably because they are also DRINKING. And we are all ho's when we're drunk...smoking has nothing to do with it. :lol

I concur.

Although, it was your smoking, SW, that made me swoooooon :worthy:

SpursWoman
01-07-2007, 10:29 PM
I concur.

Although, it was your smoking, SW, that made me swoooooon :worthy:

Bullshit...it was because you saw me smoking and thought I was easy. :lol :makeout

Shelly
01-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Bullshit...it was because you saw me smoking and thought I was easy. :lol :makeout

Shhhh....I was trying to save your reputation! :smokin

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 10:46 PM

It isnt. But your kid is fat, so fuck em.Fat people don't make my clothes smell.

Usually....

Otherwise, I enjoy drunk chicks with oral fixations.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Really? What do you know about me, personally? And not what I play on an internet message board. Because according to you and the jackass you quoted, I lack moral integrity because I became addicted to nicotine at a very young age....like there is really any kind of correlation.

Spurswoman, that's why I mentioned those out at clubs. No offense intended to you :lol , I was just engaging in a little social commentary from my times out in Dallas.

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2007, 08:06 AM
since you cant smoke anywhere in public places these days, it seems that it has also move into the house, since no one wants there house to smell like ciggies....about fucking time also.

next banned ciggies prodn.

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Fat people don't make my clothes smell.

Usually....

Otherwise, I enjoy drunk chicks with oral fixations.

yellow or no teeth ftw!

Jimcs50
01-08-2007, 09:10 AM

who wants to kiss an ashtray

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2007, 09:28 AM
seriously every year the price for ciggies and alcahol increases, doesnt seem to put a dent in teh addicts wallet/purse, they just blame it on inflation like most products.....

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 09:53 AM

Yep, none of us have ever heard of toothpaste or breath mints. We're just disgusting, low-life pieces of complete shit who want to make you stink. :)

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh, yeah ... and we also have no manners or consideration for anyone that doesn't smoke. At all.

Seriously, we should all burn in hell.

Did I forget anything?

DarkReign
01-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Oh, yeah ... and we also have no manners or consideration for anyone that doesn't smoke. At all.

Seriously, we should all burn in hell.

Did I forget anything?

Nope, youre doing a fine job. All the nancy-boys are coming out to declare their pussification.

Let em roam, I say.

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't know ... maybe I should just go kill myself. Oh wait! I am killing myself!

So that leaves me trying to figure out what's the whole complaint about, then? We are deplorable individuals beneath contempt ... so we're killing ourselves. All of the self-righteous hypocrites who have NO bad, unhealthy habits should be dancing in the streets.

DarkReign
01-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Like gun shops and liquor stores in the ghetto, we should all rejoice that tainted smokers are doing a service of accelerating their departure from the gene pool.

mikejones99
01-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Spurswoman is a dumbass cunt like most dumb bitches that smoke and yes they will fuck most anybody. Morals have nothing to do with this, Bitch.

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 04:36 PM
:lol :sleep

01-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't know ... maybe I should just go kill myself. Oh wait! I am killing myself!

So that leaves me trying to figure out what's the whole complaint about, then? We are deplorable individuals beneath contempt ... so we're killing ourselves. All of the self-righteous hypocrites who have NO bad, unhealthy habits should be dancing in the streets.

Jeeeeze SW, don't sugarcoat things, tell us how you really feel.

BTW

http://www.ritasretros.com/sanka.jpg

I hear it tastes just like the real thing... :downspin:

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 04:44 PM
I only drink one cup in the morning ... and I don't drink sodas. I don't have a problem with caffine. It's bad for you. :lol

Now I'm a dumbass cunt....my life has no meaning anymore. :lol

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 04:47 PM
...yes they will fuck most anybody....Morals have nothing to do with this, Bitch.

01-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Spurswoman is a dumbass cunt like most dumb bitches that smoke and yes they will fuck most anybody. Morals have nothing to do with this, Bitch.

http://www.ceilingcat.com/ceilingcat.jpg

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-08-2007, 05:02 PM
The easiest women to pick up are the ones puffing on a good tobacco pipe. That shit is way too easy.

And this is probably the dumbest shit I've ever read on this board.

Bob Lanier
01-08-2007, 05:08 PM
All of the self-righteous hypocrites who have NO bad, unhealthy habits should be dancing in the streets.
Most unhealthy habits don't stink.

johnsmith
01-08-2007, 05:18 PM

Fat guys usually stink.

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Irrelevant...it doesn't make *everything* else any less unhealthy.

I think weed smells like shit, but I don't criticize people who smoke it because I can actually recognize whether or not that would be hypocritical.

And I really couldn't care less if people think it stinks. I don't smoke around people that don't smoke ... and if you're that repulsed by the stench, stay the fuck away from me. I have no problem not being around judgemental pricks.

johnsmith
01-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Irrelevant...it doesn't make *everything* else any less unhealthy.

I think weed smells like shit, but I don't criticize people who smoke it because I can actually recognize whether or not that would be hypocritical.

And I really couldn't care less if people think it stinks. I don't smoke around people that don't smoke ... and if you're that repulsed by the stench, stay the fuck away from me. I have no problem not being around judgemental pricks.

You should quit smoking.

Shelly
01-08-2007, 05:26 PM

People who drink a lot also stink.

Mixability
01-08-2007, 05:28 PM

who said anything about kissing, grandpa?

if her breath smells like smoke, all the more reason to turn her around.

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 05:28 PM
You should quit smoking.

:lol

I'm actually a work in progress ... I'm down to 3-5 a day, currently trying to kick my toughest triggers. And that's pretty damn good for me, considering I was introduced to cigarettes before about 80% of the members of this forum were even born...when they still had a smoking section my first year of high school. When it's been a part of your life for 25 years, cold turkey is too scary.

Not that anyone really cares whether I smoke or not ... I just hate hypocritical fuckwads with nothing better to do than laugh at and criticize other peoples problems while completely ignoring their own.

Shelly
01-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Good job, SW! And good luck!

Buy that nicotine water!

DarkReign
01-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Fat guys usually stink.

Usually? Man, talk about being polite...

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm actually buzzing pretty hard on Nicorette right now ... I think even after all of these years I didn't need the highest milligram dosage of it. :wow :spin

johnsmith
01-08-2007, 05:35 PM

I'm actually a work in progress ... I'm down to 3-5 a day, currently trying to kick my toughest triggers. And that's pretty damn good for me, considering I was introduced to cigarettes before about 80% of the members of this forum were even born...when they still had a smoking section my first year of high school. When it's been a part of your life for 25 years, cold turkey is too scary.

Not that anyone really cares whether I smoke or not ... I just hate hypocritical fuckwads with nothing better to do than laugh at and criticize other peoples problems while completely ignoring their own.

I dipped in highschool, quit that and started smoking in college, then went back to dipping after graduation. I've been out of school since 2002, I quit dipping at the beginning of 2006. It's just now that the cravings have stopped. I know how hard it can be to quit, but remember, your wallet, lungs, and everyone around you will be much happier when you do.

I know the cold turkey thing is hard, but no matter what, even if you dwindle down the amount you smoke a day, eventually, you'll have to quit "cold-turkey". Set a date and just do it.

Good luck.

Shelly
01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm actually buzzing pretty hard on Nicorette right now ... I think even after all of these years I didn't need the highest milligram dosage of it. :wow :spin

Isn't there a limit of how much you can chew in a day?

Samurai Jane
01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Good job, SW! We're rooting for you! I quit about 10 years ago and have had little lapses here and there since then, most recently on my move out here. Who knew all those years that I was supposed to be putting out when I was at the club smoking??? Anyway, it's no small task and I commend you for doing what it takes! :)

01-08-2007, 05:37 PM

Ha, we had smoking and dipping areas at my high school I want to say through my junior year. We also had exemptions/open campus during finals week as well.

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Isn't there a limit of how much you can chew in a day?

I'm actually good with just 1 or 2 pieces a day ... but they are really strong. I don't even think the nicotine addiction is that bad, most of the time I don't even enjoy it like I used to. It's the habit of doing it that's been hindering my efforts. :depressed

SpursWoman
01-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Good job, SW! We're rooting for you! I quit about 10 years ago and have had little lapses here and there since then, most recently on my move out here. Who knew all those years that I was supposed to be putting out when I was at the club smoking??? Anyway, it's no small task and I commend you for doing what it takes! :)

Thanks. :)

I'd gotten down to 1 a day and was just about ready to quit for good, but then my mom died (2 years ago next month :wow) ... and that set my efforts waayyyy back.

CubanMustGo
01-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks. :)

I'd gotten down to 1 a day and was just about ready to quit for good, but then my mom died (2 years ago next month :wow) ... and that set my efforts waayyyy back.

Good luck, SW, I know it is hard. My entire family smoked while I was growing up and though it took many, many tries they were able to finally give it up. Somehow I was the only one in the family to never have the temptation, probably due to being an uber-nerd.

Texas_Ranger
01-08-2007, 07:09 PM

Me too. Here in Slovenia that will happen to. That's nice.

:nope :smokin :nope

mFFL03
01-16-2007, 02:58 AM
shouldn't it be as easy as having non-smoking bars and smoking bars?
non-smoking restaurants and smoking restaurants?

I could easily make a case on how birth-control pills are slowly altering our water resources causing mutations in both wildlife, fish, turtles, etc as well as snakes. In humans its been linked to larger nipples and other such crossovers of male and females.

But you don't see me walking into a restaurant and pleading all women to stop taking a pill because they could be directly causing the mutations of wildlife, and maybe my children.

oh yea....and cellphones cause cancer!

midgetonadonkey
01-16-2007, 03:00 AM
Wow. That was a terrible post.

Melmart1
01-16-2007, 03:01 AM
Mav fan get high!

midgetonadonkey
01-16-2007, 03:06 AM
I get high too but I'm still coherent.

CuckingFunt
01-16-2007, 03:11 AM
Now, now. Be nice.

I'm sure mFFL03 thought that post was all kinds of insightful and stuff, and now you're just crushing his dreams.

CuckingFunt
01-16-2007, 03:11 AM
Now, now. Be nice.

Ew. Shut the fuck up, pussy.

chode_regulator
01-16-2007, 06:05 AM
I find smokers to be the most hilarious people in the world. It's funny/sad/pathetic to see some tough shit person walk around and then when they don't get their smoke, simply dissolve into a fiend wanting to get their fix and doing anything for it.

I hope they do ban smoking everywhere.

I can only think of Homer and Apu when Homer tries to find a last minute gift for Marge.

Homer: What?!?! That's highway robbery I won't pay it!!!
Apu: Oh I think you will.

That's the smokers...I think you will pay that price.
im once again in the on again off again bullshit of quitting....more or less have with the occasional slip up
however if someone wants to smoke let them. maybe not so much in a restaurant...but all public places to include bars is out of hand. why get rid of one persons rights to protect anothers
and keep in mind that its not illegal for these asshole politicians in d.c., and yeah i know these are state rules but theyre all hand in hand, to smoke in their offices, govt offices at that (illegal to smoke in govt building incase you didnt know), but we cant smoke where we want.
fuck this shit, yet antoher reason im sad i joined the military. america is going down the dumps. canada or jamaica look better and better everyday.

midgetonadonkey
03-11-2007, 04:18 PM
I've been buying buy 1 get one free packs of smokes. It was Camal Lights for a while and then Camal Turkish Silver (which are pretty good). Now I'm on Marlboro Mediums. It's great getting 2 packs for $5.80.

midgetonadonkey
09-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Camel Menthol Lights are buy one get one free. I even got a free Zippo style lighter. $7.50 for two packs isn't bad at all.

Trainwreck2100
08-26-2009, 10:13 PM
lol two price hikes in the last 8 months
lol $6 a pack

z0sa
08-26-2009, 10:16 PM
i just roll my own or hit some outta pipe

Bender
08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
just the occasional cigar for me...

phyzik
08-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Im still smoking, didnt make the least bit of difference in my supposed evil habit.

Trainwreck2100
08-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Im still smoking, didnt make the least bit of difference in my supposed evil habit.

its not supposed to make a diference on your habit, they just want your fucking money

phyzik
08-26-2009, 10:38 PM
its not supposed to make a diference on your habit, they just want your fucking money

shhh, dont speak the truth, you might upset the fucking ferries on this forum who think our government is actually looking out for our health and well being.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
shhh, dont speak the truth, you might upset the fucking ferries on this forum who think our government is actually looking out for our health and well being.

They shouldn't have to when you're not even looking out for your own health.

Darrin
08-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Yes, it's important we tax as many people who are addicted as possible. They are usually the richest people in the country.

For the record, I smoke two packs a day. :king

z0sa
08-26-2009, 10:56 PM
smoking is cool.

Darrin
08-26-2009, 10:59 PM
smoking is cool.

It feels good, but the first time you drop a hot on the new carpet or going into a coughing fit that seems to have no end, it loses its cool factor. I do it because I love it after meals and sex. I do it because I like the taste of it. Not because it's cool.

Trainwreck2100
08-26-2009, 11:00 PM
It feels good, but the first time you drop a hot on the new carpet or going into a coughing fit that seems to have no end, it loses its cool factor. I do it because I love it after meals and sex. I do it because I like the taste of it. Not because it's cool.

don't forget while you're driving

z0sa
08-26-2009, 11:25 PM

wow i never knew any of that. you're right, smoking is not and will never be cool.

*lights up a joint

balli
08-26-2009, 11:33 PM
I sometimes feel cool when I smoke. Most of the time I feel dirty and weak and almost kind of effeminate.

When I do smoke I prefer it be winter. Cigarettes suck on a hot day.

z0sa
08-27-2009, 12:29 AM
I sometimes feel cool when I smoke. Most of the time I feel dirty and weak and almost kind of effeminate.

cigarettes (filtered) were originally created and marketed for women. Men usually smoked pipes or filterless from what my grandpappy told me.

Darrin
08-27-2009, 04:29 AM
wow i never knew any of that. you're right, smoking is not and will never be cool.

*lights up a joint

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

For the record, I have smoked 5 cigarettes while cruising this thread.

Darrin
08-27-2009, 04:30 AM

Hmm. Light-headed till dropped to my knees. I love cigarettes.

Trainwreck2100
08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
enjoy only being able to stink up your house and your car after tommorow

Höfner
08-19-2010, 12:36 PM
<---

Drachen
08-19-2010, 12:38 PM
I am actually pretty impressed by all the people who can remember year old threads in order to resurrect them.

bus driver
08-19-2010, 12:39 PM
why do smokers like to throw their cigarette butt/bud/end (whatever it is called) everywhere?

same goes for ashes?

i hate seeing smokers driving with their windows open and flicking their asses. not sure why though.

SpursWoman
08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
You should quit smoking.

I quit 3 years ago. :p

This bump is cracking me the hell up. Damn. :lol

Höfner
08-19-2010, 12:56 PM
same goes for ashes?

i hate seeing smokers driving with their windows open and flicking their asses. not sure why though.

What's different about cigarette ash compared with any other kind of ash?

Trainwreck2100
07-27-2011, 05:15 PM
:lmao four days

Bender
07-27-2011, 07:13 PM
4 days for what?

Trainwreck2100
07-27-2011, 07:40 PM
damn i was wrong its 23 days

Bender
07-27-2011, 10:01 PM
23 days for what?

Bender
07-27-2011, 11:43 PM
thanks

I don't smoke, don't keep up with this stuff

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-28-2011, 12:00 AM
i got 2 yrs in october and i quit drinking soda at the same time. i guess in a way it made it easier to quit cigs, but bottom line is that it is damn difficult to quit drinking soda. and just hit 3 yrs off booze this month. there is a thread on that somewhere

thispego
07-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Hmm. Light-headed till dropped to my knees. I love cigarettes.

lol gay guys

Trainwreck2100
07-28-2011, 12:19 AM
i got 2 yrs in october and i quit drinking soda at the same time. i guess in a way it made it easier to quit cigs, but bottom line is that it is damn difficult to quit drinking soda. and just hit 3 yrs off booze this month. there is a thread on that somewhere

I quit soda real easily gave it up for lent one year and when that was over it was too hard to finish a coke