PDA

View Full Version : NFL Coach of the Year?

samikeyp
12-31-2006, 04:18 PM
My choice is Sean Payton but Eric Mangini deserves a look as does Andy Reid.

Thoughts?

ducks
12-31-2006, 05:06 PM
andy
and I hate the eagles
maybe andy will trade mcnabb for a decent quarterback................ that does not choke in the postseason

Pistons < Spurs
12-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Payton

Clandestino
12-31-2006, 05:13 PM
kubiak. the texans won 6 games this year! 6 more than expected!

Fillmoe
12-31-2006, 05:23 PM
mangenius

ALVAREZ6
12-31-2006, 06:05 PM
andy
and I hate the eagles
maybe andy will trade mcnabb for a decent quarterback................ that does not choke in the postseason
I guarantee you that McNabb will not be traded. Not any time soon.

Guarantee it.

TheSanityAnnex
12-31-2006, 07:31 PM
I'll have to go with the homer pick and take the over looked Marty. He's taken a "rookie" quarterback and dealt with numerous suspensions (merriman/foley) and taken his team to the top.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2006, 07:35 PM
I'll have to go with the homer pick and take the over looked Marty. He's taken a "rookie" quarterback and dealt with numerous suspensions (merriman/foley) and taken his team to the top.

I can see your point, but there are just so many better options.

Mangini, Payton and Andy Reid.

T Park
12-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Eric Mangini.

The Jets weren't expected to win more than 2 or 3 games.

9-7 and into the playoffs EASILY.

Impressive.

Peyton a close second, the job hes done in NO is quite impressive as well, but hes got alot more talent to work with than Mangini.

stretch
12-31-2006, 11:55 PM
if the titans made the playoffs, it would have hands down been Jeff Fisher. unfortunately, they didnt, so im gunna say Andy Reid or Marty Schottenheimer (even though he wont deserve it).

J.T.
01-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Payton deserves it specifically for the way he perfectly dissected Dallas. Actually my vote goes to Reid for beating Dallas twice.

T Park
01-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Once again, Peyton had alot of weapons to work with, Mangini had a weak armed Pennington, Lauverneus Coles, some guy named Cotchery, and RB by committe finishing with Leon Washington.

COME ON, gotta be Eric Mangini...

Horry For 3!
01-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Eric Mangini with Sean Payton a close 2nd.

JMarkJohns
01-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Eric Mangini with Sean Payton a close 2nd.

Agreed. It's a toss up, but Mangini played in the tougher conference and won as many games with far less talent. They had as many question marks entering the season as anyone: QB issues, RB issues, defensive issues... All of them were answered.

Mangini did a great, great job, as did Payton, but Conference and overall talent has to factor in.

scott
01-01-2007, 01:37 PM
I think Mangina (rhymes with Vagina) SHOULD win, but Payton will win based on the media's love affair with the Saints' story.

dg7md
01-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Mangini by far, but Payton will get it because everyone is on the New Orleans bandwagon.

Reid deserves it as well, but he was expected to make the playoffs, Mangini wasn't. You could even make a case for Fisher if there weren't so many surprises this year.

midgetonadonkey
01-02-2007, 05:15 AM
I think they will give it to Sean Peyton simply because of the whole New Orleans/Katrina thing.

samikeyp
01-02-2007, 09:39 AM
So Sean Payton made no effort at all to make his team better?

I do agree that the Katrina situation will make people more sympathetic but to imply that was the ONLY reason the Saints got better is stupid.

Although I picked Payton to win, it would not suprise me to see Mangini get it...he is just as deserving.

MannyIsGod
01-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Sean Peyton benefited from having a great offseason to work with. Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, Devrey Henderson and oh yeah that guy Marques Colston.

Magini wins it hands down because he deserves it hte most.

samikeyp
01-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Mangini did do the most with the least. That is why I think he will get much consideration and deserves it if he wins it. I think Payton did more than just have a big off-season, he got that team to believe in themselves and energize a city.

I think what could swing it to Mangini is there might have been an even bigger unexpected factor than with NO. The Katrina thing will help Payton also. Both are deserving, IMO.

kskonn
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
mangini.

kskonn
01-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Sean Peyton benefited from having a great offseason to work with. Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, Devrey Henderson and oh yeah that guy Marques Colston.

Magini wins it hands down because he deserves it hte most.

maybe that is even more of an argument for coach of the year. I am not sure how much he had to do with the guys brought in this offseason/draft but it was a hell of a job.

leemajors
01-02-2007, 10:34 AM
the saints did turn over at least 50% of their roster.

samikeyp
01-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Not really a bad choice either way.

NBA Junkie
01-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Marty Schottenheimer gets my vote.

Brad Childress gets my vote for the NFL's worst coach of 2006.

P-O-Z
01-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Eric Mangini did anyone think dey would make the playoffs

P-O-Z
01-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Marty shouldnt get it cuz he got lt

Schottenheimer gets my vote.

Brad Childress gets my vote for the NFL's worst coach of 2006.

bigdog
01-02-2007, 06:51 PM
you've all forgot that Payton replaced half of the Saints roster,rebuilt that team in the offseason,and got them in an entirely new system,and they look like they've been playing together forever. no doubt andy reid did a good job even though i hate the eagles,and mangini has pushed the kets to exceed what everyone thought was gonna be another mediocre season for the jets, but sean payton is the real coach of the year

Pistons < Spurs
01-02-2007, 07:27 PM
you've all forgot that Payton replaced half of the Saints roster,rebuilt that team in the offseason,and got them in an entirely new system,and they look like they've been playing together forever. no doubt andy reid did a good job even though i hate the eagles,and mangini has pushed the kets to exceed what everyone thought was gonna be another mediocre season for the jets, but sean payton is the real coach of the year

I have to agree. The Jets mostly benefited from 2 things: upgrading their O line in the draft (Mangold and D'Brickashaw), and having Pennington to actually play an entire year without injury.

gameFACE
01-02-2007, 10:49 PM
I have to go with Payton not just from a rebuilding standpoint but the Saints got past the "emotional" victories early in the season and dismantled teams like the Cowboys and Giants.