View Full Version : Darrent Williams CB Denver..RIP

greenroom
01-01-2007, 08:14 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4931937

Really bad news for Bronocs fans and the Williams Family. :depressed :cry

RIP Darrent :cry :cry

stretch
01-01-2007, 10:09 AM
that is VERY sad man. my heart goes out to that family.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Holy shit. I thought this was a joke thread or something until I opened up ESPN.

Duncan21
01-01-2007, 11:09 AM
crap thats devastating, i just heard that on the radio.

RIP Darrent

JMarkJohns
01-01-2007, 11:11 AM
So talented... You hate to hear of anything like this.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Good God...Never wanna hear this. Condolences to his family and hope this doesn't affect them or the Broncos badly. Get well soon, Darrent Williams family. :depressed

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-01-2007, 11:17 AM
I'd like to congratulate ESPN for proving me wrong about their news judgment in a situation like this.

What's that? Skip Bayless is talking about playoff matchups...

Oh...

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Broncos' Williams Killed in Drive-By Shooting
Incident Happens Just Hours After Team Eliminated
By ARNIE STAPLETON
AP
DENVER (Jan. 1) - Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting early Monday, his limousine sprayed with bullets in downtown Denver.

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said police called him about 3 a.m. from the scene and told him three people had been shot, and the 24-year-old Williams had been killed. The killing came hours after the Broncos were eliminated from the playoff race.

A little after 2 a.m., a white Hummer limousine was fired on from a vehicle that pulled up along its side, police spokesman Sonny Jackson said. There were at least eight bullet holes in the limo.

Three people in the limo were hit and were taken to hospitals, where one man was pronounced dead, Jackson said. The other man and woman who were shot were not identified.

Jackson said police were searching for suspects and interviewing witnesses.

"We have no motive yet," Jackson said. "We're hoping to talk with witnesses to find out where they were coming from, and that might give us some clues."

Saccomano said he spoke with coach Mike Shanahan and others in the organization. Hours earlier, the Broncos lost to San Francisco 26-23 in overtime.

"Complete shock. We're speechless. It takes words away. A terrible tragedy," Saccomano said.

Pro Bowl player Champ Bailey was among the players and team staff members who gathered at Denver Health Medical Center, where Williams' body was taken.

"He had a big heart and a lot of courage," said Cedric Smith, assistant strength and conditioning coach. "It's a tragedy, a complete tragedy. It's sickening."

Williams teamed with Bailey to give Denver one of the top cornerback tandems in the NFL. Williams finished the season with 88 tackles, 78 of them solo, and four interceptions.

Players and coaches are off Monday. They were scheduled to meet Tuesday before heading home for the offseason.

On Sunday against the 49ers , Williams had three tackles and returned two punts for 50 yards before leaving the game with a shoulder injury late in the second half. After the game he said he was planning to wait a few weeks before determining if he needed an operation.

In December, Williams spoke of his desire to return to his hometown of Fort Worth, Texas, this offseason to talk to kids about staying out of gangs.

Williams, a second-round draft pick out of Oklahoma State in 2005, made an immediate impact on the Broncos. He started nine times in his rookie season following a stellar college career.

AP Sports Writer Pat Graham in Denver contributed to this report.

Horry For 3!
01-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Damnnnnnnnn. Darrent Williams was just gettin better and better too. R.I.P

bigdog
01-01-2007, 12:51 PM
poor guy, pretty good player,and after playing a game too. i hate to hear news like this, and on new years day. best of wishes to the broncos organization and the williams family.

TheAdmiral#50
01-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Such tragic news. I hope they catch these idiot's who did this and make sure they spends the rest of there fucking life behind bars!

Darrent was such a promising player, learning how to be a CB from the best in the league. He struggled at times this year, but the potential was there. My heart goes out to Williams family and to all his friends. Very, very sad they have to start off the New Year like this.

R.I.P. Darrent

BUMP
01-01-2007, 02:16 PM
its bad luck when the 9ers and Broncos play. last time they met, someone else died after their game from a heart attack

Fillmoe
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
wow thats really sad..... just yesterday he was playing on the team and today hes gone.....

RIP

Fillmoe
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
its bad luck when the 9ers and Broncos play. last time they met, someone else died after their game from a heart attack

Thomas Herrion

RIP

katyon6th
01-01-2007, 03:20 PM
:depressed

Kori Ellis
01-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Wow that's horrible. RIP. Condolences to his family.

Supposedly Javon Walker was in the limo too.

Is there word yet whether the other two people shot will be alright?

timvp
01-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Damn, that sucks. Seemed like a good kid and was going to be a good one :td

BUMP
01-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Wow that's horrible. RIP. Condolences to his family.

Supposedly Javon Walker was in the limo too.

Is there word yet whether the other two people shot will be alright?

they will be alright but i dont think Javon was in the limo either

Kori Ellis
01-01-2007, 03:55 PM
they will be alright but i dont think Javon was in the limo either

Two team sources say he was, according to ESPN, but who knows.

joeyjfive
01-01-2007, 04:01 PM
R.i.p

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Word from Adam Schefter is that Bronco Cornderback Derrent Williams was murdered after attending a New Year's Eve party hosted by Carmelo Anthony. Schefter said that Williams got into an argument with "gang bangers" at Melo's party who followed his limo and shot and killed Williams.

Another quiet night at Melo's. More details to come, but if these are friends of Melo's, it will be another ugly black mark on Melo's star-crossed career.

^^^ thats from a Nuggets forum im part of.

Kori Ellis
01-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Word from Adam Schefter is that Bronco Cornderback Derrent Williams was murdered after attending a New Year's Eve party hosted by Carmelo Anthony. Schefter said that Williams got into an argument with "gang bangers" at Melo's party who followed his limo and shot and killed Williams.

Another quiet night at Melo's. More details to come, but if these are friends of Melo's, it will be another ugly black mark on Melo's star-crossed career.

^^^ thats from a Nuggets forum im part of.

Who is Adam Schefter?

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Who is Adam Schefter?

NFL analyst with the NFL network.

Kori Ellis
01-01-2007, 04:32 PM
NFL analyst with the NFL network.

Interesting.

ABDENOUR POWER
01-01-2007, 04:34 PM
As a diehard Broncos fan, I'm just in shock right now. The latest rumors are that Darrent Williams, Javon Walker, and Brandon Marshall were leaving Melo's party when the gang came by and opened fire. Williams supposedly died right on Javon's lap. What a horrible situation. :(

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-01-2007, 04:35 PM
yahoo article says that it was at a Club holding Kmarts birthday party

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmxvEqNgBzYbwKN14ef2fvNDubYF?slug=ap-broncos-williamskilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

The club identified by police advertised a New Year's Eve event celebrating the birthday of Denver Nuggets star Kenyon Martin. Nuggets officials didn't immediately respond to questions about whether any of their players were involved.

take your pick, both guys make bad choices when it comes to who they hang out with.

Kori Ellis
01-01-2007, 04:41 PM
As a diehard Broncos fan, I'm just in shock right now. The latest rumors are that Darrent Williams, Javon Walker, and Brandon Marshall were leaving Melo's party when the gang came by and opened fire. Williams supposedly died right on Javon's lap. What a horrible situation. :(

Wow. That's horrible.

take your pick, both guys make bad choices when it comes to who they hang out with.

It's not inconceivable that Carmelo hosted a New Year's Eve party where they were also celebrating Kenyon's birthday (12/30).

TheTruth
01-01-2007, 04:41 PM
This sucks.

http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/6771/dwill7gv4.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
01-01-2007, 04:49 PM
shitty.

TheAdmiral#50
01-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Darrent WIlliams was from Fort Worth, as was Thomas Herrion, thought some of y'all might be interested in this article from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's website:

Posted on Mon, Jan. 01, 2007

Former Wyatt star shot and killed in drive-by in Denver

By CHAREAN WILLIAMS and DEANNA BOYD
Star-Telegram Staff Writers

Former O.D. Wyatt High School star and Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver in the early hours Monday, according to Denver police.

The shooting occurred shortly after 2 a.m. as a white Hummer limousine carrying Williams and others traveled north on Speer Boulevard on the west side of downtown Denver, said Sonny Jackson, a spokesman with the Denver Police Department.

The limo’s occupants were believed to have just left a nightclub when the shooting happened, Jackson said.

“We do understand there may have been a confrontation between some of the group members that may have been in the limousine and some other individuals at the club,” the spokesman said. “We’re trying to find out if those individuals involved in the (nightclub) confrontation could have been involved in this offense.”

Jackson said he did not know whether the confrontation involved Williams.

The limo was traveling north on Speer Boulevard - about four blocks west of the club - when a large, white sport utility vehicle with dark tinted windows pulled alongside and at least one occupant opened fire with a handgun, Jackson said.

“Another vehicle came alongside and fired multiple shots in the limousine, striking three of the individuals,” Jackson said.

The wounded - Williams, another man and a woman - were taken by ambulance to a nearby city hospital where Williams was pronounced dead.

The woman suffered non life-threatening injuries and was expected to be released from the hospital in a day or two, Jackson said. He said the third victim was treated and released.

The spokesman said there were several people in the limo at the time of the shooting, but declined to release their names or say whether any were Williams’ fellow Denver Broncos. The Broncos were eliminated from postseason play Sunday night.

“They’re all witnesses so we’re not going to release their identities at this time,” he said.

Rosalind Williams, Williams’ mother, traveled to Denver Monday morning. Reached by phone, she said she was still in shock over the death of her son, whom she called “Dee.”

“Dee lived his life to the fullest. He had a big heart and helped many people,” Rosalind Williams said. “He’s going to be sorely missed by his family and friends, and he has a big family. I don’t mean just blood relatives. It is such an extended family because there’s so many people that loved him.”

Williams, 24, has two children, Darius and Jaelyn.

The Broncos lost to San Francisco 26-23 in overtime Sunday night, eliminating Denver from the playoffs. Williams had three tackles and returned two punts for 50 yards before suffering a shoulder injury in the second half.

For the season, the second-year veteran and Fort Worth native had 88 tackles and four interceptions.

“This kid was positive about everything,” said Jeff Griffin, Williams’ agent. “The kid was going to be a Pro Bowler. He was on his way. He was putting himself in position to be one of those elite corners.”

A second-round pick out of Oklahoma State, Williams started nine games as a rookie. He had 58 tackles, one sack, 12 pass breakups, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. He was named to the NFL’s All-Rookie Team and helped the Broncos reach the AFC title game.

“I remember when I called him after the Broncos called me. We talked on the phone and just hearing the excitement in his voice,” Griffin said, recalling draft day in 2005. “His mom thanked me 10 times. I kept telling her, ‘You need to thank your son. He did it.’”

Known for his exceptional speed, Williams was an All-Big 12 player at OSU. He finished his career with 11 interceptions and scored three touchdowns on punt returns.

At Wyatt, Williams was a three-time all-district selection in football. He played quarterback and cornerback. As a senior, he was named District 7-4A Defensive Most Valuable Player after making five interceptions. He also played basketball and was an outstanding sprinter on the track team. He ran on the state championship 4X100 meter relay team.

His football coach, Anthony Criss, said Williams had more potential as a defender, and he made him play defensive back for the varsity as a freshman.

"He was very upset," Criss said. "He said, ‘But coach, I’m the best quarterback at the school.’ I said, ‘You are. But if you want to continue to play in college and play on Sundays, you have to play defense. And you have to play defense for me here, or you’re not going to play for me. You may hate it now, but you’ll love me eight years from now when you’re playing on Sundays.’"

Criss’ hunch was correct.

"He was about 5-8 and could dunk,” Criss said. “He was a good kick returner, too. I remember we were down 20-0 to Arlington Heights in the district championship game, and he took a punt back - it was unbelievable - and it changed the game. We came back to win. The things he was doing in college and the pros he was doing in high school."

Criss and his children had plans to go to the Cotton Bowl game Monday. But the news reports got to them early in the morning.

"Once my kids heard the news, they didn’t want to go," he said.

For the second time in less than two years, an NFL player from Fort Worth has died.

Former Fort Worth Polytechnic star and San Francisco offensive lineman Thomas Herrion died of a heart attack in the locker room after a preseason game against the Denver Broncos on Aug. 20, 2005. He was 23.

Herrion had ischemic heart disease.

MannyIsGod
01-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I'd like to congratulate ESPN for proving me wrong about their news judgment in a situation like this.

What's that? Skip Bayless is talking about playoff matchups...

Oh...Williams did not die in a plane that crashed into a skyscraper.

MajorMike
01-01-2007, 06:56 PM
The Orange Nation is crushed. D Wil was a huge fan favorite and still close to the OSU family. Go yo E$PN.com and listen to the interview with fellow Bronco and OSU alum Tatum Bell, and it will break your heart.

D Wil just picked off his last one and is running for the endzone.

NorCal510
01-01-2007, 07:16 PM
~r I P~

T Park
01-01-2007, 07:31 PM
pretty strange story.

If it is indeed Carmelo Anthony's party, and these type of people are hanging out there, then Carmelo needs to start answering some GD questions about the shit people he hangs out with.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-01-2007, 08:05 PM
nah it turns out it was just at club where Kmart was having his birthday party. All the Nuggets players were gone by midnight.

Its not even 100% sure that the guys who shot Darrent were even at the party.

katyon6th
01-01-2007, 08:12 PM
listen to the interview with fellow Bronco and OSU alum Tatum Bell, and it will break your heart.

D Wil just picked off his last one and is running for the endzone.

Yeah, I cried.

I'm not done cheering for Darrent Williams ... still can't believe it.

RIP

http://mas.scripps.com/DRMN/2006/07/11/432487570-_o.jpg

Fillmoe
01-01-2007, 08:35 PM
does anyone have the audio with tatum bell?

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-01-2007, 08:36 PM
its on the espn site but im not sure if thats the whole chat

ABDENOUR POWER
01-01-2007, 08:41 PM
The spokesman said there were several people in the limo at the time of the shooting, but declined to release their names or say whether any were Williams’ fellow Denver Broncos. The Broncos were eliminated from postseason play Sunday night.

“They’re all witnesses so we’re not going to release their identities at this time,” he said.

To me, this makes it sound like there were indeed Broncos players (Walker and Marshall?) in the limo at the time of the shooting.

samikeyp
01-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Man that sucks. My heart goes out to Bronco Nation. What a waste of a young life.

RIP 27

TheAdmiral#50
01-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Javon Walker entering the Broncos practice facility this morning. Here is a screen cap of it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/payton34smith22/WCWWWF/NBANFLNHLMLB/2qdn96w.jpg

Notice the blood on his shirt. Very sad.

RIP
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/payton34smith22/WCWWWF/NBANFLNHLMLB/dwnm5.jpg

ABDENOUR POWER
01-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Wow. That picure is like a punch in the gut. I just read that it was initially thought that Javon had been shot as well, but it turned out that it was actually Darrent's blood all over him. This whole situation makes me feel sick...

Fillmoe
01-01-2007, 11:22 PM
its been confirmed that is blood and not just a design on a white shirt?

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 12:16 AM
its been confirmed that is blood and not just a design on a white shirt?

http://www.broncosfreak.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2494&d=1167704413

It's pretty clearly blood. Maybe he went there to change right after leaving the police station.

johnsmith
01-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Fuck this entire story. 24 years old, Good God. I can't imagine being part of his family that sees this kid go from nothing to being a starter in the NFL in just one season and have everything he ever wanted actually happen and now it's all gone. Totally senseless, and totally depressing. Not to mention the poor girl that was in the limo as well, just wanted to hang out with Broncos players and ends up shot in the head at 21.

I swear to everyone on this board and anyone that will listen, the city of Denver is not like this. I don't know why shit like this keeps happening there, but it's not that type of a city, especially downtown as well as the area that this occurred.

johnsmith
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
To all of my fellow Bronco fans, next season, we come out motivated and inspired.

MajorMike
01-02-2007, 11:31 AM
OSU Reacts To Loss Of Darrent Williams
Courtesy: okstate.com
Release: 01/01/2007

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics8/400/ON/ONIMQGKJBOHDYKJ.20040919022526.jpghttp://sports.mcall.com/images/football/nfl/draft/2005/profiles/DRAFT-WILLIAMSD.jpghttp://espn.go.com/media/sportsnation/2005/0408/photo/g_williams_vi.jpghttp://www.nationalchamps.net/2004/sub/pics/oklahomastate_darrent_williams_trans.gif

STILLWATER, Okla. - The following is a statement from Oklahoma State football staff members regarding the death of Denver Broncos defensive back Darrent Williams.
Williams played football at Oklahoma State from 2001 through 2004 and was a second-round draft pick of the Broncos in 2005. He died early Sunday morning in downtown Denver, a victim of a drive-by shooting, according to the Associated Press.

“It's a tragic loss for the Denver Broncos family, Oklahoma State University and anyone who knew Darrent Williams,” said head football coach Mike Gundy. “It's a loss that goes far beyond the football field. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, his teammates, the Denver organization and all of those in the OSU community he touched.”

Williams' position coach at Oklahoma State was Joe DeForest, who oversees OSU's secondary and special teams.

“He was the greatest player I have coached in my 20 years,” DeForest said. “He wanted to prove to the world that he could play. He had a chip on his shoulder and I mean that in a good way. He wanted to prove himself, and that's the way he approached every game. It was what made him a great player.”

Williams was a first-team all-Big 12 honoree in 2003. He missed much of his senior season in 2004 due to injury. Williams wrapped up his OSU career as one of only of four collegiate players since 1996 to record double-digit career interceptions (11) while scoring at least five touchdowns on interception returns. His five scores on returns are a Big 12 Career Record. He also returned three punt returns for scores during his days at Oklahoma State.

Career Highlights:
2004: Williams played seven games (4 starts) in his final year at Oklahoma State, totaling 21 tackles (18 solo), three pass breakups, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery, which he returned 53 yards. Williams wrapped up his OSU career as one of only of four collegiate players since 1996 to record double-digit career interceptions (11) while scoring at least five touchdowns on interception returns. He returned nine punts for 249 punts (27.7 avg.) on the year, including a 59-yard touchdown return. Williams was limited for most of the season with a left arm injury suffered while making a tackle in OSU’s fourth game, and he missed several games as a result of the ailment. Williams returned a punt 59 yards for a score in the third quarter against Tulsa and finished the game with four returns for 87 yards (21.8 avg.) along with seven tackles (5 solo) and a forced fumble. With an outstanding performance against Southern Methodist, Williams was named Big 12 Conference Player of the Week after gaining a career-best 162 yards on five punt returns (32.4 avg.). He also returned a fumble 53 yards, made three tackles and deflected a pass to go along with his five punt returns and fumble recovery that all set up an Oklahoma State score against SMU. He made three solo tackles, forced a fumble and deflected a pass against Iowa State before leaving the game with a broken right forearm, which forced him to miss the next three contests against Colorado, Texas A&M and Missouri. He returned to the field against Texas wearing a soft cast on his arm but was forced out of the game with the arm injury after making a first-quarter tackle. He did not play in Oklahoma State’s final three contests because of the injury.

2003: Williams earned consensus first-team All-Big 12 Conference honors as a junior, starting 11 games at left cornerback and posting a career-high 66 tackles (49 solo) along with six interceptions (130 yds.), two of which he returned for touchdowns. His six interceptions ranked third in the Big 12 and tied for 13th nationally and were a big part of the speedster being named a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award. He recorded 233 yards and two touchdowns on 13 punt returns (17.9 avg.), leading the nation in punt return average for most of the season, and added 83 yards on four kick returns (20.8 avg.). Williams also broke up 17 passes and had four tackles-for-loss (17 yds.). Against Southwest Missouri, he intercepted a pass in a seven-tackle game (5 solo) that also saw him return two punts for 50 yards. He returned two punts for touchdowns (78 and 59 yds.) against Louisiana-Lafayette, marking the most punt-return scores in a game by an OSU player since the statistic was first tracked by the school in 1959. His 78-yard return in the second quarter was Oklahoma State’s longest punt return for a score since R.W. McQuarters’ 78-yard return against Texas in 1997. Williams, who scored on the 59-yard punt return in the third quarter, finished the Louisiana-Lafayette contest with 153 yards on three returns (51.0 avg.) along with five tackles (4 solo). Against Kansas State, he picked off two Ell Roberson passes, including one that he returned 63 yards for a touchdown that proved to be the difference in the 38-34 Oklahoma State victory. With the return, Williams set a Big 12 Conference career record with four interception returns for a score, a mark that he would add to later in the year. Williams posted an interception against Texas A&M, returning it 27 yards on the way to making six tackles (4 solo). He intercepted a pass for the second consecutive week against Oklahoma, returning it 11 yards for a score to add to his Big 12 career record of interception returns for a touchdown (5). After missing OSU’s final two regular-season games with a leg injury, Williams returned to action against Mississippi in the Cotton Bowl and made eight tackles.

2002: Williams started all 13 games at left cornerback as a sophomore, recording 53 tackles (41 solo) and a team-high three interceptions (47 yds.), including one that he returned for a 29-yard touchdown. He also broke up 13 passes and caused one fumble while returning a blocked extra point for a score. In the season opener against Northern Iowa, he made five tackles and intercepted two passes, one of which he took back 29 yards for a touchdown. He held All-America receiver Roy Williams to only 27 yards receiving against Texas while forcing him to fumble after a catch in a seven-tackle game (4 solo). Williams returned a blocked extra point for a defensive score in the second quarter against Kansas State before making eight tackles against Nebraska. He had another eight-tackle game against Oklahoma while adding a pass breakup and two stops for a total loss of three yards against the Sooners. In the Houston Bowl against Southern Mississippi, he posted one interception (7 yds.), three tackles and three pass breakups.

2001: Williams played 10 games as a true freshman, starting four of Oklahoma State’s final six contests to finish the year with 33 tackles (24 solo), two interceptions (105 yds.) and four pass breakups. Williams emerged as a starter midway through his first season and proved to be a key playmaker on the Cowboys’ defense. He returned both of his interceptions against Baylor for touchdowns to lead the Cowboys to a win, taking back a pick 85 yards for his first career score before taking another one back 20 yards.

tlongII
01-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Unbelievable. Why do so many young people carry guns when out at clubs at night? This is so sad.

Guru of Nothing
01-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Ain't nothing like keeping the "two words" alive.

timvp
01-04-2007, 05:19 AM
Why do I get the feeling that they aren't going to find the killers? :rolleyes

Fillmoe
01-04-2007, 05:34 AM
Why do I get the feeling that they aren't going to find the killers? :rolleyes

you and i and the whole world know why.....

johnsmith
01-04-2007, 08:37 AM
you and i and the whole world know why.....

I think Kenyon Martin did it.

LEONARD
01-04-2007, 09:28 AM
My brother-in-law played at CSU and was room-mates with Broncos LT Erik Pears. He was at the last Denver game and was down by the lockerroom's after the game. He said that Williams' "posse" was there and they were completely hammered and acting stupid. I can only imagine how stupid they were by 2 or 3 am...

johnsmith
01-04-2007, 09:34 AM
My brother-in-law played at CSU and was room-mates with Broncos LT Erik Pears. He was at the last Denver game and was down by the lockerroom's after the game. He said that Williams' "posse" was there and they were completely hammered and acting stupid. I can only imagine how stupid they were by 2 or 3 am...

I played at CSU, (well, if you can call playing one year and never seeing the field on game day before quitting to actually enjoy college), what years did your brother-in-law play?

MajorMike
01-04-2007, 09:56 AM

And we are to believe you and your b-i-l are not only the moral police but the best place to get info as well.

My sister-in-law lives in Manitou and he says your b-i-l is a homo.

johnsmith
01-04-2007, 10:00 AM
And we are to believe you and your b-i-l are not only the moral police but the best place to get info as well.

:lmao :lmao

LEONARD
01-04-2007, 10:03 AM

Wow...I offered insight into the situation...my b-i-l wouldn't make $hit up about this. They were out downtown also til 2 am, but not at the same club as Williams...

I played at CSU, (well, if you can call playing one year and never seeing the field on game day before quitting to actually enjoy college), what years did your brother-in-law play?

Cool...he was there from 2000-2005 (medical redshirt his FR year). Check your PM's...

mardigan
08-11-2007, 05:27 PM
WR Walker addresses teammate Williams dying in his arms
Associated Press

Updated: August 11, 2007, 5:25 PM ET

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker says he still has the bloodied shirt from the night teammate Darrent Williams died in his arms in a drive-by shooting on New Year's Day.

In his first public comments about Williams' unsolved death, Walker tells HBO's "Real Sports" in a segment to be aired Tuesday night that he keeps the unlaundered shirt as a reminder of his friend and of the fragility of life.

Interviewer Andrea Kremer asks Walker about showing up to Broncos headquarters about 10 hours after Williams' slaying while still wearing his bloodstained clothes.

"I still have those clothes," Walker replied.

Asked why he hadn't washed them, he said, "It's just something that reminds me every day of what could happen and this is what happened to my friend. And this is like ... what's left of him is on my clothes."

Walker told The Associated Press on Saturday that the interview with Kremer was the only time he planned on talking publicly about the Williams' slaying.

Williams, 24, was a rising star who had just completed his second season in the NFL when the stretch limousine he was riding in was sprayed with bullets after leaving a nightclub in downtown Denver where there had been an altercation between people in Williams' group and suspected gang members.

No charges have been filed in the case, although police believe several men in custody on federal drug charges have information about Williams' slaying.

"Real Sports" said another Broncos receiver, Brandon Marshall, and his cousin were partying with Williams' group that night and began spraying champagne around, "some of which hit a club patron and his friend, who confronted Williams and his entourage."

Those men flashed gang signs and were escorted out of the club, said members of a rap group from Williams' hometown of Fort Worth, Texas, who were with him that night.

Walker said he didn't see the encounter inside the club but saw trouble brewing when he left the club at closing time. Marshall and his cousin were exchanging heated words with two men, he said. The rappers said it was the same men who had been kicked out of the club earlier that night.

After Williams and Walker both tried to intervene, Williams told Walker to ride with him in his Hummer limousine, and they drove off into the night, Walker said.

Less than a mile away, Walker said he was turning up the music when Williams suddenly fell into his lap.

Walker said he pushed Williams away and told him to quit messing around -- and that's when he saw blood spurting from Williams' neck and heard the other gunshots.

Walker said he held Williams close and tried to stop the bleeding.

"All I remember at that point in time was he was just looking up at me and I was just like, 'I got you, Dee, I got you, Dee. I got you, Dee,'" Walker recounted. "So, the limo went off the road into the side of the snow. I just remember grabbing him, pulling him out the limo."

Walker said he didn't know if he should run with Williams and worried if "these dudes were going to try to finish us off?"

"You don't know what to think," Walker said, "to have somebody die in your arms and you know you're the last person he hugged."

Walker said he didn't attend Williams' funeral in Fort Worth with the rest of the Broncos "because all it was going to do was just bring back memories of something I didn't want to feel again."

He said it had been hard enough when the Broncos held a private memorial service at team headquarters and he didn't know what to tell Williams' mother, Rosalind Williams, as she hugged him.

Instead, Walker went to Las Vegas, fearful, he said, for his own life in case the shooter wanted to "finish everyone off" who was in the limo.

Walker, who joined the Broncos in a draft day trade from Green Bay last year, said at first he didn't want to keep playing in Denver.

He said he doesn't need any grief counseling but acknowledged he'll probably never put the tragedy behind him: "Maybe when I see him in heaven, I can ask him, maybe put it behind me then."

Coming off a torn knee ligament that wiped out most of his 2005 season, Walker piled up 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns on 69 catches last year.

He's had a stellar training camp and has steadfastly refused to talk about anything other than football. He told The AP on Saturday that last year was just of glimpse of what he can do on the field.

"Obviously, last year I was coming in and trying to rehab and learn the offense and get familiar with my teammates. This year, is just boom, full-speed, all-go ahead," he said. "I feel good. I'm healthy. Nothing's wrong. And I'm ready to take off from a fast start."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

TheTruth
08-11-2007, 05:44 PM
DWill's death still hurts me as a fan. Senseless.

Javon is gonna explode hard this year. I'm talking 85, 1200 and 12.

TheTruth
08-11-2007, 05:45 PM
I was at Broncos Training Camp last week, and he was absolutely on fire. He had much more burst than this time last year. It was a beautiful thing to see him and Champ go one on one about 10 feet in front of me.

DNS Error
08-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I think its retarded that the Broncos at the Pro bowl weren't allowed to wear #27.