PDA

View Full Version : Bush Has Quietly Tripled Aid to Africa

01Snake
01-01-2007, 12:31 PM
The president has tripled direct humanitarian and development aid to the world's most impoverished continent since taking office and recently vowed to double that increased amount by 2010 -- to nearly $9 billion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/30/AR2006123000941.html

boutons_
01-01-2007, 12:43 PM
This great news, why has he kept it quiet?

The good been mitigated by the evangelical/religious nutters focing the WH to reduce the aid for condoms and abortions and family planning in Africa in favor abstinence.

Abstinence is easy for 50+ year old US Southern Baptist dried-up, prune-ish, obese, prudish wimmen, but doesn't work for healthy Africans.

thispego
01-01-2007, 12:55 PM
yeah right i fuck 50+ year old Us Southern Baptist prude prunes all the time, dah!

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-01-2007, 02:39 PM
This great news, why has he kept it quiet?

He hasn't kept it quiet, it's just that CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. are too busy to convince everyone what a bad president he is to report on it.

boutons_
01-01-2007, 02:57 PM
duya IS bad, horrible president. There's no need for the media to convince anyone.

The Iraq fiasco/quaqmire convinced all serious people of how really bad dubya is.

Even the Congressional Repugs are hesitating about this "surge" of troops, not the Congress nor the Nov election ass-kicking would cause the WH to change course.

"full speed ahead", as dickhead said, but what he meant was "full speed ahead" in trying to salvage dubya's trashed legacy, trying to spread the Iraq disaster on as many bystanders as possible, spread the guilt.

I fully expect that the Repugs will get to the point, after Jan 2009, where they will say "We had a plan for success in Iraq, but were prevented from carrying it out. Therefore, the loss of Iraq to Islamists/al-Qaida/ and civil war is not dubya/dickhead's fault"

Please show where the WH spin machine has put out PR about in dubya's increased aid to Africa.

Looks to me like the WP is doing a pretty job of getting the word out:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/30/AR2006123000941.html