View Full Version : The reason the Bears wont make it to the superbowl

Fillmoe
01-01-2007, 03:16 PM
R. Grossman 2/12 33 yards 0 td 3 ints

0.0 qb rating

dg7md
01-02-2007, 04:05 AM
Grossman is terrible, Bears won't get past the first round. :lol

Not being a homer here but the Cowboys have all the pieces needed to win the ring, but they need to put it together. A big win in Seattle can make everything fall into place.

johngateswhiteley
01-02-2007, 05:11 AM
they won't make it cause the Saints will stomp them.

midgetonadonkey
01-02-2007, 05:13 AM
Grossman is terrible, Bears won't get past the first round. :lol

Not being a homer here but the Cowboys have all the pieces needed to win the ring, but they need to put it together. A big win in Seattle can make everything fall into place.

The Cowboys don't have any of the pieces. They fell ass backwards into a playoff spot and won't get past the first round.

dg7md
01-02-2007, 05:18 AM
The Cowboys don't have any of the pieces. They fell ass backwards into a playoff spot and won't get past the first round.

Yeah they have pieces, they just are confused now. How don't you call Glenn/TO/Witten/Barber/Jones offensive weapons? Defensively they are collapsing, but there they have Williams and Newman as the two excellent standouts.

They are just playing sorry now. I think they definitely have what it takes, they just need to play like they did 4 weeks ago!

MannyIsGod
01-02-2007, 05:46 AM
:lol @ you calling out the Bears but then turning around and saying the Cowboys have what it takes.

Rex Grossman has shown as much as the Cowboys have this year. Both have been all kinds of inconsistent. The difference is that one is simply a player on the team, while another is the entire team. Romo came back down to Earth in a very hard way and your defense is sorely missing Greg Ellis. For awhile the Cowboys looked like the best team in the NFL, but that wasn't the way they were playing going into the playoffs. Sure, they can put it together but so can Rex Grossman.

All I know is that the Bears have a much better shot at a Superbowl bearth than the cowboys do.

dg7md
01-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Romo has never been nearly as bad as Grossman has this year.

J.T.
01-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Seattle wins on a Martin Grammatica missed FG.

Romo put up the exact same kind of game that got Bledsoe benched and him in the lineup against the Eagles in Week 16. Not a good sign going into the postseason. It's also not a good sign to get bitch raped by the Saints and Eagles, then get upset by the worst team in the NFL in a potential division clinching game. Romo is all hype and I look forward to not having to see him on Sportscenter anymore this season after Saturday.

MannyIsGod
01-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Romo has never been nearly as bad as Grossman has this year.I show you how ridiculous your argument is and you come back with that? You might as well have conceded.

MannyIsGod
01-02-2007, 09:51 AM
The Cowboys may very well beat the Seahawks. Neither team has looked great, but Seattle played well at SD in a late season game and the Cowboys have laid egg after egg against good teams in the late season.

Honestly, in a brutally weak NFC the Cowboys may very well get to the Superbowl, but I really don't see them beating Chicago or New Orleans in a game that matters.

TheSanityAnnex
01-02-2007, 09:58 AM
The Cowboys may very well beat the Seahawks. Neither team has looked great, but Seattle played well at SD in a late season game and the Cowboys have laid egg after egg against good teams in the late season.

Honestly, in a brutally weak NFC the Cowboys may very well get to the Superbowl, but I really don't see them beating Chicago or New Orleans in a game that matters.

In Seattle.

samikeyp
01-02-2007, 10:00 AM
All I know is that the Bears have a much better shot at a Superbowl bearth than the cowboys do.

That is because you hate the Cowboys. They could be 16-0 and you will still say they suck. :)

The Cowboys have the talent to go to the Super Bowl....but in the NFC...so does everyone else in the playoffs. The Cowboys have the players on the field to do the job but don't have the team to do it. They look like a group of very lost individuals and even if by some miracle of fate they get past Seattle they will get worked after that. Then look for a major shift of the coaching staff up to and including Parcells. Jones won't fire him but he won't have to. Parcells, IMO, is done after this season.

My pick to get to the Super Bowl from the NFC....

and this really kills me.. :)

Philly. They are the hottest team in the conference at the moment and look eerily like last year's Pittsburgh team. I was not sold on them until the Dallas game. Up to that point they were beating teams that were in disarray (Carolina, NYG) or just plain bad (Washington) they had not won a big game. They went into Dallas for all the marbles and embarrassed the Cowboys. They proved that they still had what it took to win the big game. I think they can do that in the post-season and will end up in Miami.

leemajors
01-02-2007, 10:24 AM
if philly wins the super bowl with garcia next season would be very, very interesting. you can't let mcnabb go, but philly fans would turn so fast(er than normal) the first bad play he made next year.

kskonn
01-02-2007, 10:27 AM

I don't think he was comparing Romo to Grossman, he was comparing one incosistency with another. Our play as a team vs. Grossmans play as an individual.

I also think Manny is correct in his assumption that if anyone team in the NFC pulls it together at the right time they could make it to the superbowl. However right now the hottest team is the eagles, and the two teams that have won consistently all year long are the bears and the saints. Do the cowboys have the talent to win the NFC? yea. First Zimmer needs to come up with a scheme that allows the defense to play without Ellis.

Personally I think the cowboys will defend the seahawks well, the defend well against conventional offenses. They get ripped apart by offenses with quarterbacks that can scramble. Well except new orleans.

MannyIsGod
01-02-2007, 10:28 AM
I think New Orleans goes to the Super Bowl, but the Philly pick does bear watching.

leemajors
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
brees can't scramble per se, but he does do an excellent job of avoiding pressure and giving himself enough space to set his feet and make a good throw.

kskonn
01-02-2007, 10:33 AM
brees can't scramble per se, but he does do an excellent job of avoiding pressure and giving himself enough space to set his feet and make a good throw.

Yea I should have said that they do poorly against quarterbacks with the ability to create extra time with their feet.

samikeyp
01-02-2007, 10:54 AM
I think New Orleans goes to the Super Bowl,

I could see that, especially if Chicago stumbles early and gives NO home field.

NBA Junkie
01-02-2007, 11:48 AM
The NFC is wide open. All of said playoff teams look like world beaters one week and look awful against inferior opponents the next.

Let's see, the Seahawks fell to the Vikings and Niners at home. The Bears looked awful at home to the Dolphins and Packers. The Eagles lost to Tampa. The Cowboys lost to Detroit. The Saints to the Redskins at home. The Giants have just been plain pathetic in the last two months.

I might have to give the edge to the Bears if their defense plays like it did in the first half of the season.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't think he was comparing Romo to Grossman, he was comparing one incosistency with another. Our play as a team vs. Grossmans play as an individual.

I also think Manny is correct in his assumption that if anyone team in the NFC pulls it together at the right time they could make it to the superbowl. However right now the hottest team is the eagles, and the two teams that have won consistently all year long are the bears and the saints. Do the cowboys have the talent to win the NFC? yea. First Zimmer needs to come up with a scheme that allows the defense to play without Ellis.

Personally I think the cowboys will defend the seahawks well, the defend well against conventional offenses. They get ripped apart by offenses with quarterbacks that can scramble. Well except new orleans.

How about Kitna playing behind a NFLE OL? You don't lose to a team with 16 guys on IR (5 from the OL alone) in a game you have to have and regroup six days later.

Cowboys = one and done.

T Park
01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
The Seahawks stink.

The Cowboy's offense will blow the Hawks apart.

If Ware gets any bit of pressure on a one legged Hasselbeck, that will help also.

Alexander is also hobbling and skidding along.

Cowboys take it 28-14.

kskonn
01-02-2007, 07:32 PM
How about Kitna playing behind a NFLE OL? You don't lose to a team with 16 guys on IR (5 from the OL alone) in a game you have to have and regroup six days later.

Cowboys = one and done.

As I see your very valid point, I am a fan and can HOPE that it will happen. I do not think that Hassleback will be running for multiple first downs as Kitna did. But again I see your point, I can only hope that in the incostinent NFC the cowboys start playing D like they did 5 weeks ago.

they did not have to have that game.

Guru of Nothing
01-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I think New Orleans goes to the Super Bowl, but the Philly pick does bear watching.

I've NEVER drank this much alcohol.

dg7md
01-03-2007, 06:07 AM
I show you how ridiculous your argument is and you come back with that? You might as well have conceded.

I ain't here to debate my man, I just want to show I have some faith in the boys to get it in gear (when they are in gear, they are almost unstoppable).

MajorMike
01-03-2007, 09:39 AM
R. Grossman 2/12 33 yards 0 td 3 ints

0.0 qb rating

How about these lines for not getting your team to the SB against the NFC playoff teams this year?

14/29 48.3% 142 yards 1 td 2 int 45.5 QB rating against Philly
16/33 48.5% 249 yards 1 td 2 int 58.8 QB r against Aints
20/34 58.8% 257 yards 0 td 2 int 58.1 QB r at NYG
14/25 56.0% 227 yards 2 td 3 int 73.7 QB r against NYG

I'd say that team ain't going far in the playoffs either.