PDA

View Full Version : St.Pierre Injured; Out of UFC 67

cornbread
01-02-2007, 01:58 PM
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4118

UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre has been forced to withdraw from February 3rd’s UFC 67 card due to a knee injury suffered during training for his first title defense against Matt Serra. The rest of the card, which includes the UFC Middleweight title bout between Anderson Silva and Travis Lutter, as well as the UFC debuts of Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson and Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic, remains intact. Stay tuned to UFC.com for more information as it becomes available.

What now???????

dbreiden83080
01-02-2007, 02:09 PM
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4118

UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre has been forced to withdraw from February 3rd’s UFC 67 card due to a knee injury suffered during training for his first title defense against Matt Serra. The rest of the card, which includes the UFC Middleweight title bout between Anderson Silva and Travis Lutter, as well as the UFC debuts of Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson and Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic, remains intact. Stay tuned to UFC.com for more information as it becomes available.

What now???????

Really that sucks he got hurt in training before he fought Hughes and they had to reschedule that fight. I am sure when he does fight Serra he will crush him but he needs to maybe alter his training habits.

LEONARD
01-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Doh...I guess he'll fight Serra at UFC 68 or 69 if he's healthy...

UFC 69 was supposed to be in Montreal, but now it's in HOUSTON :fro

cornbread
01-02-2007, 02:56 PM
UFC 69 was supposed to be in Montreal, but now it's in HOUSTON :fro

Houston!? Road Trip!!!

LEONARD
01-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Yep...
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/rumors.asp?articleid=3105

IX_Equilibrium
01-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I've been to a UFC, and I'd rather watch it at home. It's cool that Houston was chosen though. Texas is a huge market and Houston is it's biggest city.

LEONARD
01-02-2007, 06:20 PM
I've been to a UFC, and I'd rather watch it at home. It's cool that Houston was chosen though. Texas is a huge market and Houston is it's biggest city.

I need to go at least once...I have a feeling there are lots of things I WON'T like about it, namely the drunken trash that boo's as soon as the fight goes to the ground, or when a foreign fighter beats a US fighter, that will be scattered throughout the crowd...

Rip-Hamilton32
01-02-2007, 07:29 PM
lol gsp could still beat serra injured..anyone who has lost to shonie carter doesn't deserve to fight

dallaskd
01-02-2007, 09:08 PM
alot of people have lost to shonie carter

dallaskd
01-02-2007, 09:08 PM
and he won by a fluke spinning backfist in a fight serra was winning.

dallaskd
01-02-2007, 09:14 PM

I was at ufc 64. it wasnt that great. but it was still cool, alot of drunks, parting and cussing, so dont take your kids. and alot of fans who dont know anything about mma, they know tito, chuck, hughes and thats it so they do tend to get pissed when foreigners win. so does this mean they sanctioned ufc in texas?

Rip-Hamilton32
01-03-2007, 12:54 AM
and he won by a fluke spinning backfist in a fight serra was winning.

lol it doesn't matter if your winning the fight and end up losing..serra is no were close to being in st.pierre's league if you thought he dominated hughes just watch how badly serra gets beat

desflood
01-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Houston!? Road Trip!!!
Count me in!!

:spin :ihit :drunk :devil

(please forgive the gratuitous use of smilies. sometimes women get too excited for their own good)

cornbread
01-04-2007, 12:00 AM
so does this mean they sanctioned ufc in texas?

Yeah man, mma has been sanctioned in Texas. I know there are shows popping up all the time in SA, Houston & Austin. It's not as good as the big leagues but it's still in-person mma which is pretty damn cool. Check out the event calendar on txmma.com for show listings.

Mr Dio
01-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah man, mma has been sanctioned in Texas. I know there are shows popping up all the time in SA, Houston & Austin. It's not as good as the big leagues but it's still in-person mma which is pretty damn cool. Check out the event calendar on txmma.com for show listings.

My eyesight is so damn bad in dark & at night that I'm wayyyy better off watching at home. :cry
I wish I could go though, that would be sweet.

IX_Equilibrium
01-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Updated Card for UFC 67

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Eddie Sanchez
Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter
Quinton Jackson vs. Marvin Eastman
Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar
Melvin Guillard vs. Dustin Hazelett
Scott Smith vs. Patrick Cote
Sam Hoger vs. Lyoto Machida

LEONARD
01-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Updated Card for UFC 67

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Eddie Sanchez
Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter
Quinton Jackson vs. Marvin Eastman
Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar
Melvin Guillard vs. Dustin Hazelett
Scott Smith vs. Patrick Cote
Sam Hoger vs. Lyoto Machida

I like a lot of the fighters...could be a night with some HL reel KO's.

Can't wait to see CC and Rampage...

Can Lutter keep from getting his head knocked off? I like Lutter but I don't see him keeping Silva on the ground (or getting him there in the first place). Silva is much bigger and stronger...

Smith - Cote should be a slugfest...

Melvin is always exciting...

Hmmm...looks like Dana is trying to rid himself of Hoger... :D

Tyson Griffin...future LW champ...you heard it here first (actually I said it before his UFC debut) :fro

LEONARD
01-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Eddie Sanchez talks about Crocop...

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?0=0&fa=MultiMedia.Detail&gid=4160

:dizzy :dizzy :drunk :drunk :hat :hat

Good luck with all that buddy... :lol

If you're hoping that the crowd will boo and give him some kind of advantage, you're beyond desperate...

I wouldn't doubt if the drunken redneck fan (not all, but a lot) boos him but they'll all love him after he gives them a couple HL reel KO's (which they all want)....

cornbread
01-08-2007, 04:01 PM
If all goes as it should, Crocop could soon be one of the most popular UFC fighters. You can't help but love the LHK.

Did anybody notice that Heath Herring is on the January UFN card?

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.fightCard&eid=378

Bravo to Dana for continuing to bring in great fighters. I am so pumped about 2007 in UFC.

cornbread
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Ah shit, not to mention Hermes Franca vs. Spencer Fisher!!!

LEONARD
01-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Yep, the next UFN looks like the best they've had so far...

Marquardt - Lister should be good...Nate has got to be close to getting a title shot (I'd rather see him before Swick).

Why won't they give Rashad a tough opponent? Sean Salmon??? :bang

I can't wait for UFC 67 to see Crocop and Rampage, but there aren't many good matchups on that card. Not at the top of the card anyway...

I can't wait to see Sam Hoger get rolled by Machida though... :fro

and Tyson Griffin...future LW champ :fro

Sacramental
01-08-2007, 10:04 PM
rampage is going to own the UFC just like he owned lidell back in pride.

cornbread
01-08-2007, 10:11 PM
How long do we have to wait to see some Mayhem?

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=fighter.detail&pid=337

IX_Equilibrium
01-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I haven't heard too much hype concerning Mayhem after he got dominated by Trigg.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jVIAaO0Ne38