PDA

View Full Version : AT&T offering a year of free Dish Network

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 04:21 PM
You have to sign up for AT&T All Distance and AT&T High Speed internet for 2 years, but you get a year free of Dish Network. It's not a bad deal if you are thinking of switching to satellite.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2007/01/01/daily4.html?hbx=e_du

AT&T offering free DISH Network service as part of new bundling strategy
San Antonio Business Journal - 12:17 PM CST Tuesday

AT&T Inc. has cut the price of its satellite television service as a way to compete more fiercely with the cable companies.

San Antonio-based AT&T (NYSE: T), fresh off its $85 billion acquisition of BellSouth Corp., is offering 12 months of AT&T | DISH Network service at no charge when residential customers sign up for AT&T All Distance and AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet for 24 months.

All Distance is the company's unlimited local and long-distance voice plan.

The offer falls in line with the corporate strategy AT&T CEO Edward Whitacre Jr. has laid out previously to grow the company's market share through bundled services, says AT&T spokeswoman April Borlinghaus.

The AT&T | DISH Network service normally retails for $34.99 per month.

"When consumers think TV, we want them to think AT&T," says Rick Welday, chief marketing officer for AT&T Consumer Marketing. "This offer is one way to get consumers' attention that AT&T is delivering some of the best values in entertainment, as well as communications services, in the marketplace today."

AT&T is making the new service bundle available in select markets to qualified customers, including San Antonio. The company is not releasing other markets that will have the AT&T | DISH Network offer for competitive reasons, Borlinghaus says.

The offer is available to both new customers and existing customers that agree to upgrade their home service to All Distance or high-speed Internet and extend any contracts, she adds.

DISH Network satellite television service is offered through Englewood, Colo.-based EchoStar Communications Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH). The telecommunications company has marketed co-branded AT&T | DISH Network service since March 2004.

T Park
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Not the sattelite Id want, but for someone that is tight on the cash, thats a fantastic deal IMO.

The Pied Piper
01-02-2007, 06:11 PM
AT&T All Distance and AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet cost how much per month?

Spurfect
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
we just signed up for Dish Network two months ago and are struggling with what to do about our internet (had U-Verse before which provided high speed internet, and now they are saying we have to go back to Yahoo! DSL)
This sounds like a good deal, I'm gonna have to look into it. :tu

exstatic
01-02-2007, 10:07 PM
DSL blows. Scratch that. ATT blows, and they peddle DSL, which also blows.

Spurminator
01-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I knocked $50 a month my Cable/Internet bill just by telling them I was planning to switch to Dish unless they could price me competitively with the new dish user rates.

UtownSpur
01-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I am moving to SA this month..was gonna go with grande so i could get my cable and internet for 70 bucks..how much would this AT&T deal cost?