PDA

View Full Version : Winthrop @ Texas A&M

johngateswhiteley
01-02-2007, 09:42 PM
...while some here don't think Winthrop is that good, i think they are a solid team. this could be a close game.

A&M 74
'Throp 60

johngateswhiteley
01-02-2007, 11:21 PM
...well A&M gives Winthrop their biggest loss of the year. not bad considering they played some good teams.

A&M 71
'throp 51

RonMexico
01-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Good game - watched it streaming on my comp.

johngateswhiteley
01-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Good game - watched it streaming on my comp.

where?

RonMexico
01-02-2007, 11:33 PM
If you go to Aggieathletics.com, and click on the "press release" for the game (usually one of the main links on the home page). Then if you're in Texas, you can stream the game for free - you just have to register first, but it's not a big deal.

Here's the page for today's game - look on the side bar under "video." It's good too if you don't have ESPN Full-Court or want to find a bar for some of those ESPN+ games this year. Drawback is that you get Dave South as commentator but there is a mute button.

Link: http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?SID=&PRID=12201

johngateswhiteley
01-02-2007, 11:35 PM
If you go to Aggieathletics.com, and click on the "press release" for the game (usually one of the main links on the home page). Then if you're in Texas, you can stream the game for free - you just have to register first, but it's not a big deal.

Here's the page for today's game - look on the side bar under "video." It's good too if you don't have ESPN Full-Court or want to find a bar for some of those ESPN+ games this year. Drawback is that you get Dave South as commentator but there is a mute button.

Link: http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?SID=&PRID=12201

...man, thats cool and thanks for all the info! i live in Montana, so i am guessing it won't work for me?

RonMexico
01-02-2007, 11:43 PM
...man, thats cool and thanks for all the info! i live in Montana, so i am guessing it won't work for me?

Shoot - i don't know - you might have to pay like a small fee to CSTV or something. I had to pay $3.95 two years ago to watch the NIT game vs. DePaul or something when I was in Phoenix over spring break, but that was a student discount through the 12th Man Foundation directly. Now, that they've outsourced it to CSTV, I don't know what the fees are, but I read something in BusinessWeek recently that said they have pretty fair prices for streaming events and such.

As you can see on the link, it was free in South Carolina and Texas, so it seems the teams' home states get it free... I guess if the Aggies ever play U of Montana...

johngateswhiteley
01-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Shoot - i don't know - you might have to pay like a small fee to CSTV or something. I had to pay $3.95 two years ago to watch the NIT game vs. DePaul or something when I was in Phoenix over spring break, but that was a student discount through the 12th Man Foundation directly. Now, that they've outsourced it to CSTV, I don't know what the fees are, but I read something in BusinessWeek recently that said they have pretty fair prices for streaming events and such.

As you can see on the link, it was free in South Carolina and Texas, so it seems the teams' home states get it free... I guess if the Aggies ever play U of Montana...

thanks again for all the info, that was nice. i guess i'll check it for the next games. i don't mind paying a small fee to watch the them, especially the big Big 12 games.

thanks again.

RonMexico
01-02-2007, 11:52 PM
No problem, man - I've been using it for these early-week games where I can't just drive over from Houston after work and rush back... way too tired... I really wanted to go tonight because this game was on winter-break "half-price" special and Winthrop is a good team.

MajorMike
01-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Winthrop update. They keep winning and keep falling in the RPI because they play 300+ league opps. Down to 61 now.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Winthrop update. They keep winning and keep falling in the RPI because they play 300+ league opps. Down to 61 now.

what are you trying to say? winthrop is better than their 61 rpi? or winthrop is where they should be? or winthrop is overrated?

MajorMike
01-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Just for kicks, you say atm will win the B12. Do you mean reg season or tourney?

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Just for kicks, you say atm will win the B12. Do you mean reg season or tourney?

1. i see you want another quote from me, i'll oblige

2. you didn't answer my question in the previous post?

3. i was wrong about A&M finishing in the top 20

...i think A&M will win the Big 12 regular season, probably not the tourney. i mainly say this b/c A&M is, imo, top 2 with Kansas and b/c, of course, A&M is one of my teams. but, yes, i think A&M will.

also, USC will break into the top 25 at least once this year.

MajorMike
01-09-2007, 10:35 AM
You DO know that atm, OSU, and UT all 3 go TO KU this year and atm OSU and UT all 3 have to play each other twice... right? Even if, and I don't think they are, KU and atm were qual, that alone tips the scale in favor of KU... quite easily.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2007, 10:38 AM
You DO know that atm, OSU, and UT all 3 go TO KU this year and atm OSU and UT all 3 have to play each other twice... right? Even if, and I don't think they are, KU and atm were qual, that alone tips the scale in favor of KU... quite easily.

i do know that, in fact i made light of it in another post on bball. playing t.u. twice is always the case, but playing KU only @ KU hurts, but i already knew that.

btw, you didn't answer the question?

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2007, 10:58 AM
...so i guess you are going to completely dodge the question? OK, and btw, yes i was wrong on one of your quotes, but not the other. if you want to keep it as is, thats fine, but it is......childish? LOL.

MajorMike
01-09-2007, 11:42 AM
...so i guess you are going to completely dodge the question? OK, and btw, yes i was wrong on one of your quotes, but not the other. if you want to keep it as is, thats fine, but it is......childish? LOL.

I am taking a page from you to completely ignore a direct question by throwing up smoke screens and changing the subject.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I am taking a page from you to completely ignore a direct question by throwing up smoke screens and changing the subject.

i didn't answer your question b/c it had nothing to do with the thread or our conversation. i asked you why you made a particular post in a properly DESIGNATED thread...big difference. it appears i am not afraid to put my record on the line and say what i think...but you are?