PDA

View Full Version : This one's on Pop

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Put five white guys on the floor, let Cleveland wipe out a nice SA lead in two minutes and get the momentum going....

Spurs Brazil
01-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Oberto is a joke

T Park
01-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Other than Oberto and Beno, Ginobili Bonner and Barry can be in there.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Other than Oberto and Beno, Ginobili Bonner and Barry can be in there.

Barry has got more turnovers than baskets tonight. This is just a flat out shitty lineup.

Slomo
01-02-2007, 09:05 PM
And Ginobili is just plain horrible tonight. Are you even following this game?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Fuck yeah I am. That lineup sucked dick. And yeah Manu is playing horrible, that doesn't excuse the other four from sucking ass.

MannyIsGod
01-02-2007, 09:09 PM
That lineup wasn't horrible.

Slomo
01-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Fuck yeah I am. That lineup sucked dick. And yeah Manu is playing horrible, that doesn't excuse the other four from sucking ass.My comment was directed at TPark :lol

I agree with you I was just adding to your post - not very well obviously :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Whatever Manny. That lineup blew a huge lead in two minutes.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 09:12 PM
My comment was directed at TPark :lol

I agree with you I was just adding to your post - not very well obviously :)

Ah, sorry, my bad :lol

Behrooz24
01-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Racist

T Park
01-02-2007, 09:25 PM
And Ginobili is just plain horrible tonight. Are you even following this game?

NO question.

But its the beginning of the 4, you iso him alot, you expect him to start rolling.

No question he stunk.

Oberto shouldn't even be on the team. Barry was Brent Barry.

Spurs Brazil
01-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Oberto is not a NBA player

I can't believe he's getting minutes

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 09:34 PM
:lol Pop gets tossed, gives Cleveland a couple of Ts, and we lose by four. Sure would be nice to have those points back at the end so we don't need a four point play :pctoss

ShoogarBear
01-02-2007, 09:35 PM
:flipoff

Asshole.

I said let me start this thread tonight.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 09:37 PM
The white boy lineup killed the Spurs. But I think the biggest factor to the loss was Tim Duncan's whining. It's frickin' ridiculous. Just please for the love of God, shutup and play. In the play that Pop/PJ backed him up and got the T's, Tim just got blocked. WTF is wrong with him? Just play on.

Emanuel20
01-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Cavs/spurs game just reminds me of the whole mavs series the whining uhhhhhhhh horrible..They are professional athletes

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 09:40 PM
:flipoff

Asshole.

I said let me start this thread tonight.

You can start a new one and we can merge this one into it :lol

Dre_7
01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Im not big on bashing Pop everytime SA loses like some people do. But just by looking at the box score I am very confused about how he is handling Michael Finley. All season when Finley has been shooting like complete crap he has gotten all the minutes he could want. And in this game he starts out shooting well (finally!) and for some reason now he doesnt get the minutes (he started out shooting 2-3 with a three and yet only got 8 minutes)? Meanwhile Manu plays 28 minutes and shoots an awful 1-8 (0-5 from three).

So in order to get minutes you gotta be shooting bad? Once you start hitting it means no more minutes? What the hell?!?!?!?

Thats my VERY RARE pissed off at Pop rant.

KB24
01-02-2007, 09:42 PM
The white boy lineup killed the Spurs. But I think the biggest factor to the loss was Tim Duncan's whining. It's frickin' ridiculous. Just please for the love of God, shutup and play. In the play that Pop/PJ backed him up and got the T's, Tim just got blocked. WTF is wrong with him? Just play on.

The Spurs have been whining for years. Get use to it Spurs fans.

ShoogarBear
01-02-2007, 09:45 PM
:donkey

timvp
01-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Did you see the last play drawn up of the game? That might have been the dumbest play of all-time. The Spurs down by 4 with three seconds left and PJ draws up a play in which the ball is inbounded to Horry and then Barry goes off a back screen for a three point attempt.

Decent play but with three seconds even if the play works, the game is over :rollin

The only play there is a quick three.

Cherry
01-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Oberto is not a NBA player

I can't believe he's getting minutes

believe it

ShoogarBear
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
If Pop wanted to do something to fire up the team, he would have put Tim on the bench after his last ref bitchfest and told him he can go back on the floor when he stops bitching and friggin plays.

Spurologist
01-02-2007, 09:48 PM

How exactly did that contribute to the loss? So if he just played, the spurs would have had a better chance? I have a hard time believing that.

ShoogarBear
01-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Im not big on bashing Pop everytime SA loses like some people do. But just by looking at the box score I am very confused about how he is handling Michael Finley. All season when Finley has been shooting like complete crap he has gotten all the minutes he could want. And in this game he starts out shooting well (finally!) and for some reason now he doesnt get the minutes (he started out shooting 2-3 with a three and yet only got 8 minutes)? Meanwhile Manu plays 28 minutes and shoots an awful 1-8 (0-5 from three).

So in order to get minutes you gotta be shooting bad? Once you start hitting it means no more minutes? What the hell?!?!?!?

Thats my VERY RARE pissed off at Pop rant.
Damn, I hate to bitch about everything, but why was Finley riding the bench when he was actually hitting shots?

ShoogarBear
01-02-2007, 09:50 PM
:lol At least the thread title's mine now.

ShoogarBear
01-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Sweet, I have a merged and separate threads. :smokin

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 09:52 PM
How exactly did that contribute to the loss? So if he just played, the spurs would have had a better chance? I have a hard time believing that.

WHAT?

Tim whined and went up weak all game. Instead of just playing hard, taking the ball to the basket, rebounding with some effort etc. How could more points and rebounds NOT equal wins?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 09:52 PM
:lol I tried, but it puts them in order of time of posting. Your donkey post was 3/4 the way down.

RashoFan
01-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh Shoog, you just had to start a "Pop" thread...

T Park
01-02-2007, 10:02 PM
HEE HAW

:lol

No that aint sam wainwright at the top either i dont think....

Spurologist
01-02-2007, 10:02 PM
WHAT?

Tim whined and went up weak all game. Instead of just playing hard, taking the ball to the basket, rebounding with some effort etc. How could more points and rebounds NOT equal wins?

His aggressiveness in the game never changed. He always whines after he either misses a shot or turns the ball over. That didn't alter the way he played. If I remember correctly, he was even more aggressive when he didn't get the call when Verajao drew a foul on him. He took it back strong on the other end and earn his way into the free throw line. He needs to stop the bitching with the refs but I don't think that has changed any thing about his game.

He still had 15 boards and 2 blks.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 10:03 PM
His aggressiveness in the game never changed. He always whines after he either misses a shot or turns the ball over. That didn't alter the way he played. If I remember correctly, he was even more aggressive when he didn't get the call when Verajao drew a foul on him. He took it back strong on the other end and earn his way into the free throw line. He needs to stop the bitching with the refs but I don't think that has changed any thing about his game.

His aggressiveness sucked for large stretches of the game because he was looking for fouls instead of playing. It happens regularly these days. He had 15 boards because he's tall and both teams missed so many shots. Someone had to get the rebounds.

fred33
01-02-2007, 10:05 PM
tony had a big heart tonight and almost win a possesion for a tie

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 10:08 PM

I don't think you watched the game. Stat boxes don't tell the whole story.

Spurologist
01-02-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't think you watched the game. Stat boxes don't tell the whole story.

I watched the game from beginning to the end.

Whines? Yes. Changed his game? No

That's my opinion.

spurschick
01-02-2007, 10:26 PM
We only lost by 4.

2 of 3 technical shots were made. Without those, we lose by 2.

Manu and Bruce make 1 or 2 shots, we win.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 10:29 PM
We only lost by 4.

Without those (T's), we don't have to try and make a four pointer with the last shot to tie it :spin

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:30 PM
No the problem is the spurs are not hungry and their game is predictable. I seen Eric Snow strip the ball from Tim multiple times because Tim keep driving to the basketball instead of shooting it. Every opponent right now is getting used to the Spurs game plan.

dknights411
01-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Isn't this like the eighth time this thread was created this season?

Anyway, I must be a really bad Spurs fan, because I don't lose it everytime we lose. I just simply shrug it off and go about my business. I mean a win is nice, but a loss isn't gonna kill me.

Spurologist
01-02-2007, 10:32 PM
We only lost by 4.

Brilliant.

It's like solving a math problem without actually worrying about the basketball part

Spurologist
01-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Without those (T's), we don't have to try and make a four pointer with the last shot to tie it :spin

nah a 5 pointer would win the game.

spurschick
01-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Brilliant.

It's like solving a math problem without actually worrying about the basketball part

Would you have rather lost by 30? :rolleyes Take a Xanax.

Spurologist
01-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Would you have rather lost by 30? :rolleyes Take a Xanax.

They would definately get the message if they lost by 30. I don't need a Xanax. I'm not anxious. I'm a bit annoyed.

spurschick
01-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't need a Xanax. I'm not anxious. I'm a bit annoyed.

Okay, then light up a blunt. :smokin

As far as the team is concerned, it didn't look to me like they cared whether they lost by 3 or 30 tonight. They look pretty pissed. We can only hope it translates to a trouncing of the Wolves tomorrow night.

VaSpursFan
01-02-2007, 10:46 PM
No the problem is the spurs are not hungry and their game is predictable. I seen Eric Snow strip the ball from Tim multiple times because Tim keep driving to the basketball instead of shooting it. Every opponent right now is getting used to the Spurs game plan.

the snow strips of duncan annoyed me to no end. if you're a player, a defender gets that once or twice then you make an adjustment. i kept waiting for tim to keep the ball high, because like all coaches i played for told me no matter how tall you are when you bring the ball down, you're the same height as everyone else. tim needs to watch some old kevin mchale tapes and learn how to keep the ball high so he's not stripped and whining at refs for a call. they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. tim must be insane becuz his whining is doing nothing but mentally taking him out of the game.

SequSpur
01-02-2007, 11:30 PM
quit your bitching, no one is better than pop.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-02-2007, 11:33 PM
quit your bitching, no one is better than pop.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-09/29/xin_37090229133818900418.jpg

SequSpur
01-02-2007, 11:48 PM
phil jackson :lmao

veronicamae
01-03-2007, 01:46 AM
The Spurs have been whining for years. Get use to it Spurs fans.

this coming from a Lakers fan. :lol

milkyway21
01-03-2007, 02:24 AM
And Ginobili is just plain horrible tonight. Are you even following this game?yeah Manu 1 of 8 just sucks. :madrun :oops

Dirk Nowitzki
01-03-2007, 04:36 AM
The Spurs are in serious fucking trouble. I mean you guys will make the playoffs and all but you guys have some gaping holes on your team and the frusterating part is your next game is against a team that gives you matchup nightmares and have won 11 games in a row! Please Spurs fans dont even bother watching the game Friday night because your going to waste away an entire evening on 2 1/2 hours of frusteration/watching the Mavs own you again in your house instead of a fun night that you could of gone to the movies on, get drunk/high/laid on etc etc. You guys will thank me later for this tip!

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2007, 04:58 AM
someone should get that point across to duncan at the next home game with a board "SHUT UP AND PLAY DUNCAN" or call up to those popshows and tell all of them to shut up and play

at least fuckn lose with pride.

we are the whinest team in the nba......

kris
01-03-2007, 05:41 AM
The Spurs are in serious fucking trouble. I mean you guys will make the playoffs and all but you guys have some gaping holes on your team and the frusterating part is your next game is against a team that gives you matchup nightmares and have won 11 games in a row! Please Spurs fans dont even bother watching the game Friday night because your going to waste away an entire evening on 2 1/2 hours of frusteration/watching the Mavs own you again in your house instead of a fun night that you could of gone to the movies on, get drunk/high/laid on etc etc. You guys will thank me later for this tip!

You just saved me 3 hours sucker. :king

1Parker1
01-03-2007, 09:43 AM
99.8% Mavs fans have got to be the most annoying fans in Sports....

leemajors
01-03-2007, 09:47 AM

our next game is vs minnesota, they are on an 11 game win streak?

dknights411
01-03-2007, 01:43 PM
99.8% Mavs fans have got to be the most annoying fans in Sports....

Even more so than Laker fans?

Jimcs50
01-03-2007, 01:54 PM
I just wish Pop would have hired AJ as his assistant, then Dallas would not have gotten him and he could replace the hasbeen Pop.

Pop has lost it, he needs to retire.

1Parker1
01-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Even more so than Laker fans?

100x more....

Dirk Nowitzki
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
our next game is vs minnesota, they are on an 11 game win streak?
:madrun :madrun I also forgot to mention youll be playing a team on a 12 game winning streak! Anyways you ought to advise spurs fans to go to a movie or treat them to dinner that is NOT showing the game. It is not worth it to watch Fridays game and ruin the night.

vanvannen
01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I agree Tim whines a lot, but this one is not on him. The other Spurs could not buy a basket. He was being tripled and no one except for Tony could hit a damn jumper.
Horrible night for Manu by the way.

SequSpur
01-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Without Tim, Manu would be a beer seller.