PDA

View Full Version : A change of the line-up is in order....

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Just like the title says a change is in order. Pop should change up the line-up so we can shake up our competition and the spurs stale mentality. Bring in White, give Butler some playing time, and remove Bruce Bowen from the line-up (I know some spurs fans are going to hate this next move but it has to be done). Bruce Bowen has contributed nothing to this team with his offensive game. Opponents know how to play the Spurs thanks to Pop ineffective way of shaking up the lineup. Pat Riley, Phil Jackson and Larry Brown never had a problem of sitting out veterans who do not contribute to winning games.

timvp
01-02-2007, 10:13 PM
1 loss.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Put Bonner instead of Horry in the starting lineup until Elson gets back

Bowen's minutes need to be cut but by no means should he be removed from the lineup

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:14 PM
1 loss can add up to another. Especially if its a crucial loss in the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Bruce Bowen has contributed nothing to this team with his offensive game.

:lol

I know he had a tough shooting night, but he's one of the best 3 point shooter in the league and getting his same 7-8 ppg like every year.

I have a feeling if there's any lineup shuffle in the future, it would be Manu off the bench not Bruce.

I'd like to see a little bit of Jackie Butler though.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-02-2007, 10:15 PM
it's not one loss

it's a series of bullshit losses adding up to the same reptitive problems over and over and over

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Put Bonner instead of Horry in the starting lineup until Elson gets back

Bowen's minutes need to be cut but by no means should he be removed from the lineup

I agree, Bowen's minutes should be coming off the bench. What does Bowen's game contribute to the offensive end besides 3 point shots from double teaming? From what I remember Basketball has two sides of the game: Defense and Offense.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:19 PM

I know he had a tough shooting night, but he's one of the best 3 point shooter in the league and getting his same 7-8 ppg like every year.

I have a feeling if there's any lineup shuffle in the future, it would be Manu off the bench not Bruce.

I'd like to see a little bit of Jackie Butler though.

Admit it Kori, White MIGHT actually be a better substitute than Bowen at this point. Pop should have Bowen come off the bench. If not White, Pop should definately play Beno for his defensive ability. :rolleyes

SenorSpur
01-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Just once I'd like to see Bowen fill the break and go directly to the basket instead of running "head first" to the corner 3-pt line.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Admit it Kori, White MIGHT actually be a better substitute than Bowen at this point. Pop should have Bowen come off the bench. If not White, Pop should definately play Beno for his defensive ability. :rolleyes

If Bowen is going to come off the bench, then he shouldn't play at all. His job is to just guard the best players on the other team. The best players on the other team start. So he'd be a useless bench player. His only job on this team is play D and be able to hit 3's.

Why would you think White is a good option? The Spurs don't even think he's ready to play a minute in the NBA. What makes you think differently? Because he can score in the DLeague?

Billy Cobham
01-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Clearly it's the ball.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:24 PM
If Bowen is going to come off the bench, then he shouldn't play at all. His job is to just guard the best players on the other team. The best players on the other team start. So he'd be a useless bench player. His only job on this team is play D and be able to hit 3's.

Anybody can be a punching bag for the other teams best offensive player as long they contribute to the other end (offensive end). What's the point of having a player around if he can't score with his limited game?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Trade Brent and Beno to the Clips.

Start Maggette, bring Manu off the bench.

Put Oberto on ice, play Jackie Butler.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Anybody can be a punching bag for the other teams best offensive player as long they contribute to the other end (offensive end). What's the point of having a player around if he can't score with his limited game?
You can't be serious....

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 10:30 PM

:tu :tu :tu

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:31 PM
You can't be serious....

What realistic options do we have?

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Why would you think White is a good option? The Spurs don't even think he's ready to play a minute in the NBA. What makes you think differently? Because he can score in the DLeague?

How did the Cavs think Lebron can score in the NBA, shouldn't they have known he only played high school basketball? Everyone has started at some point. The Spurs have given Bowen a chance when they thought he could contribute, now it's about time someone else gets a chance to contribute.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 10:36 PM
How did the Cavs think Lebron can score in the NBA, shouldn't they have known he only played high school basketball? Everyone has started at some point. The Spurs have given Bowen a chance when they thought he could contribute, now it's about time someone else gets a chance to contribute.

:lmao @ comparing James White to LeBron

I think you need to get some sleep.

Bowen isn't the problem with this Spurs team. Most of the Spurs problems this year are defensively. They are averaging plenty of points.

dknights411
01-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Still too early to hit that panic button in my book. It's only one loss, there are still plenty of games left to "fix" things, if anything even needs to be fixed anyway. We just need to concentrate more. Our team is fine.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 10:37 PM

Dude, Bowen isn't the problem. Put down the crack pipe and the keyboard.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:38 PM
:lmao @ comparing James White to LeBron

I think you need to get some sleep.

Bowen isn't the problem with this Spurs team.

Ah Kori, you missed the main point of the message. White should be given a chance to play. I never said White was a Lebron-esque player.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Dude, Bowen isn't the problem. Put down the crack pipe and the keyboard.

C'mon a change of the lineup is in order because there is a change of heart in some of our players.

timvp
01-02-2007, 10:40 PM
it's not one loss

it's a series of bullshit losses adding up to the same reptitive problems over and over and over

When was the last time the Spurs lost because of their offense? This might be the first and only game this season. Perhaps the Jazz game, but that was more a matter of rebounding.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:42 PM
When was the last time the Spurs lost because of their offense? This might be the first and only game this season. Perhaps the Jazz game, but that was more a matter of rebounding.

The game plan will come back to bite the Spurs in the butt if they keep playing like this in the playoffs.

SenorSpur
01-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Want a lineup or a rotation change?

Go out and get Maggette.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 10:45 PM
The game plan will come back to bite the Spurs in the butt if they keep playing like this in the playoffs.

You are right, if they score 70 points in the playoff games, they'll lose. But you are acting like that's the norm. The Spurs are averaging ONE HUNDRED points a game. Offense isn't the issue with this team.

timvp
01-02-2007, 10:46 PM
This team's offense is fine. It's the defense that could lose them a championship.

Against the Cavs, the defense was good enough. I can live with a bad offensive game on the road against a tough home team in the first game with a new ball.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:48 PM
The Spurs don't average 100 points every game, Kori. It depends on who we play against.

We play against the Mavs, the Suns, the newly offensive constructed Denver Nuggets and other run and gun wannabe team in the playoffs. We need all the weapons we need for another championship. Yet we're stuck with the same old guns of the past because one coach refuses to experiment. Avery Johnson won the battle last year because he wasn't afraid to mix up his lineup.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 10:49 PM
This team's offense is fine. It's the defense that could lose them a championship.

Against the Cavs, the defense was good enough. I can live with a bad offensive game on the road against a tough home team in the first game with a new ball.

Stop using the new ball as an excuse. The Spurs true test will be the Mavericks this Friday.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 10:55 PM

I don't agree with this at all.

Look at our 'big' games...

November 3 vs. Cleveland: 81 points
Dec. 22 vs. Houston: 78 points.
Nov. 29 vs. Utah: 75 points
tonight (revenge game): 78, 3 less than first time vs. Cleveland

Friday night will tell a lot more about this story.

VaSpursFan
01-02-2007, 10:58 PM
don't know if a line-up change is necessary, but i do think a trade or 2 needs to happen. the current construct of this team will make it difficutl for us to come away with the o'brien trophy this june unless something really changes.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 10:59 PM

Why did you leave out games like when they scored 106 against Utah?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-02-2007, 10:59 PM
once again, how is the defnese fine if we allow a team to score 38 points in the 4th quarter?

the defense is just as bad as our offense

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:00 PM
once again, how is the defnese fine if we allow a team to score 38 points in the 4th quarter?

the defense is just as bad as our offense

For most of the year, the defense has sucked. I think most people in this thread are saying the offense is not the problem - the defense is.

timvp
01-02-2007, 11:00 PM

How were those the only 'big' games? Those other games where the Spurs beat down the Jazz and outscored Houston 50-27 in the second half didn't count?

The Cleveland game and the Utah game were games the Spurs got murdered on the boards and that lost it for them. The Houston game was just such a bad defensive showing that the game was over going into the fourth.

Tonight is the only loss of the year where the man problem was the offense.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:01 PM
What realistic options do we have?
Leave White in the D-League until next year so he can fully learn the system in training camp and show us his stuff in preseason and then we'll decide whether he's Bowen-replacement worthy. Bench Oberto. Play E-Will, Butler, and Bonner more. Trade for Maggette. Let Oberto go in the offseason and sign Javtokas. When Horry retires sign Mahinmi, then either sign Justin Williams or Bonner. Resign E-Will. Draft another PG that has balls(unlike someone. let me just say this is our only PG with hair).
C ELSON/BUTLER/OBERTO
PF DUNCAN/BONNER/HORRY
SF BOWEN/WILLIAMS/WHITE
SG MAGGETTE/MANU/FINLEY
PG TONY/VAUGHN

07-08 SEASON
C ELSON/BUTLER
PF DUNCAN/BONNER OR J. WILLIAMS
SF BOWEN/E. WILLIAMS/WHITE
SG MAGGETTE/MANU/FINLEY
PG TONY/DRAFT PICK WITH THE BALLS
IR1 JAVTOKAS to develop
IR2 Mahinmi to develop
IR3 scrub at PG

:tu :tu :tu

With that pick I would pick Acie Law of Texas A&M.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2007, 11:02 PM
How was the defense not a problem tonight when we gave up 38 in the fourth quarter?

I singled out those performances because you said tonight was the first time we lost when the offense was the problem, and I listed those as counters to that argument.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:04 PM
How was the defense not a problem tonight when we gave up 38 in the fourth quarter?

I singled out those performances because you said tonight was the first time we lost when the offense was the problem, and I listed those as counters to that argument.

I'm not saying the defense didn't suck tonight in the 4th *white lineup* I'm saying that defensively overall this game, they played well enough to win. Offensively, overall this game, they didn't.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm not saying the defense didn't suck tonight in the 4th *white lineup* I'm saying that defensively overall this game, they played well enough to win. Offensively, overall this game, they didn't.

How can you say the defense was well enough when we lost? The defense is "well" when we win, not lose.

There goes the "our offense and defense is alright" mentality.

K-State Spur
01-02-2007, 11:07 PM
The Spurs don't average 100 points every game, Kori.

It would appear that you struggle with the definition of 'average.'

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:07 PM
The defense is "well" when we win, not lose.

No, the defense sucks a lot of times when the Spurs win.

T Park
01-02-2007, 11:08 PM

Put Oberto on ice, play Jackie Butler

It might not happen.

But me and Aggie are in full agreeance for the first time in a long time.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:08 PM
It would appear that you struggle with the definition of 'average.'

Forget the small details. Focus on the big picture. Line up change!

T Park
01-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Bench Bowen for who?

You don't bench one of the best one on one defenders in the league.

Get off that stupid crap.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Bench Bowen for who?

He wants to bench him for James White :)

regio
01-02-2007, 11:14 PM

I couldn't agree more, I don't think Bowen is the problem he does his job as a role player. I think the problem is that only Parker and Duncan show up for the games regularly. Manu has some great games every once in a while but he is not very dependable anymore.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Bench Bowen for who?

Is this the same Bowen who doesn't create his own shots? His shooting has become extremely predictable which I'm sure other teams have noticed as well. His perimeter shootings mainly consists of 3 point shots? Half of the time he doesn't even make it.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:16 PM
His perimeter shootings mainly consists of 3 point shots? Half of the time he doesn't even make it.

:lmao Are you a joke? You realize that you are complaining about a 3-point shooter missing half his shots. If a player missed only 1/2 their 3-point shots, they'd lead the league in 3-point field goal percentage.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Is this the same Bowen who doesn't create his own shots? His shooting has become extremely predictable which I'm sure other teams have noticed as well. His perimeter shootings mainly consists of 3 point shots? Half of the time he doesn't even make it.
That must be why he is ranked in the top 10 in 3point percentage.

T Park
01-02-2007, 11:17 PM
He wants to bench him for James White

The same guy that couldn't make the Pacer's mediocre roster?

Riiiggghhhttttt

Defense wins championships.

Without D, your just the Suns winning meaningless games.

Learn it, live it.

Quit trying to be a stooge trying to turn this team into what its not.

A high powered offense.

Teams win rings on DEFENSE.

Not putting 22 year old D Leaguers in there.

Wake up.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:18 PM
He wants to bench him for James White :)

Remember Kori, this is the same James White Rick Carlisle was crying over in the press conference when the Indiana Pacers were forced to cut. :wakeup

T Park
01-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Are you a joke? You realize that you are complaining about a 3-point shooter missing half his shots. If a player missed only 1/2 their 3-point shots, they'd lead the league in 3-point field goal percentage.

who hoo

new forum punching bag.

(runs to the corner to dust himself off)

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:19 PM

Riiiggghhhttttt

Learn it, live it.

A high powered offense.

Wake up.
:tu :ihit

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:19 PM

Riiiggghhhttttt

Learn it, live it.

A high powered offense.

Wake up.

This is the same defense that has trouble winning back-to-back championships.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Remember Kori, this is the same James White Rick Carlisle was crying over in the press conference when the Indiana Pacers were forced to cut. :wakeup

They weren't forced to cut him, they could have cut someone else.

I think James White will be good in a few years. Right now he's in Austin where he belongs, learning how to play D. Like the coaching staff said this week, they don't really care what he is doing offensively. He needs to play D to get playing time on the Spurs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:20 PM
If they had that much high hopes in James don't you think they would have cut someone else?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I'd rather have trouble winning back-to-back championships than just winning a championship.

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:22 PM
If they had that much high hopes in James don't you think they would have cut someone else?

Supposedly they were content with what they had, yet they have trouble getting to the NBA Finals.

T Park
01-02-2007, 11:22 PM

This is the same defense that has WON, championships BOZO.

ARE YOU KIDDDING ME?!!?

How do you think the Spurs won in 99? uh, not the high flying 120 point a night offense coming from Jaren Jackson and Mario Elie.

02 03?

Prob the most well rounded offensive team, but holding a team 9 points in a 4th quarter like the Mavericks in a game 6 of the WF? THAT, is what won the ring that year.

04 05?

It was defense all by itsself.

Thats how they won in the 4th quarter of game 7.

No question.

Get a clue.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:23 PM
1. * Dallas --
2. * Phoenix 1.5
3. San Antonio 2.0
4. * Utah 2.0
5. LA Lakers 4.0
6. Houston 5.0
7. Denver 6.5
8. Golden State 8.0
9. Minnesota 9.0
10. Sacramento 9.5
11. LA Clippers 10.0
12. Portland 11.5
13. Seattle 11.5
14. New Orl/OKC 12.0
15. Memphis 17.5

30. New York

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:23 PM
1. * Dallas --
2. * Phoenix 1.5
3. San Antonio 2.0
4. * Utah 2.0
5. LA Lakers 4.0
6. Houston 5.0
7. Denver 6.5
8. Golden State 8.0
9. Minnesota 9.0
10. Sacramento 9.5
11. LA Clippers 10.0
12. Portland 11.5
13. Seattle 11.5
14. New Orl/OKC 12.0
15. Memphis 17.5

Are we supposed to be horrified?

Please stop trolling. Or just go back to one of your old screen names you used to troll under and be consistent:lol

Amuseddaysleeper
01-02-2007, 11:24 PM
30. New York

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

T Park
yet they have trouble getting to the NBA Finals.

The Pacers can't get there because they are a loser organization.

That, and they don't have a mantra commited to D, like Pop's coaching staff does.

BERSERK
I'd rather have trouble winning back-to-back championships than just winning a championship.

The media doesn't give SA the props they deserve because they don't repeat. Who do you think they remember the most? Lakers Dynasty, Bull Dynasty, or the Spurs Dynasty.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-02-2007, 11:25 PM
The media doesn't give SA the props they deserve because they don't repeat. Who do you think they remember the most? Lakers Dynasty, Bull Dynasty, or the Spurs Dynasty.

the 2000's will always belong to the lakers unless the spurs can get 2 more rings this decade

Amuseddaysleeper
01-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Just a reminder...

2.5 games behind Dallas as of tomorrow

which sucks but i'm praying we can cut it to 1.5 games after friday

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:28 PM
The Spurs have no dynasty...

Moron

Exactly. The Spurs may win one every odd year but the NBA history will never give the Spurs organization their due because of their inability to repeat.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:28 PM
The Spurs have no dynasty...

Moron

It's a crime to even mention the Spurs in the same sentence with the Lakers and Bulls.
The Knicks have nuthin.

T Park
01-02-2007, 11:29 PM
God I hate trolls.

T Park
01-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Exactly. The Spurs may win one every odd year but the NBA history will never give the Spurs organization their due because of their inability to repeat.

So if Duncan retires in 6 years, and they have 6 championships total.

Thats a failure?

Get the fuck out of here already clown.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Just a reminder...

2.5 games behind Dallas as of tomorrow
1 game behind the Raptors! :lmao

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:32 PM
So if Duncan retires in 6 years, and they have 6 championships total.

Thats a failure?

Get the fuck out of here already clown.

Who the fuck counts the ABA era? By the way Duncan is not responsible for winning the 6 championships, 3 championships, but not 6.

IF the Spurs keep playing like this in the postseason, the Spurs chances of winning a championship are slim. We'll be the "whining" Dallas Mavericks of last year.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Who the fuck counts the ABA era? By the way Duncan is not responsible for winning the 6 championships, 3 championships, but not 6.

:wtf

The Spurs don't have any ABA championships. What are you talking about?

SequSpur
01-02-2007, 11:33 PM
The offense is fine.

Sincerely,

timvp

:lmao

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:34 PM

What IS he talking about? I honestly did not get that at all...

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:37 PM
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/sanantonio/spurs.html

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Sorry but your prayers will not work this Friday..

Dallas will pick up another game this friday.

Instead of 2.5 it will be 3.5 games behind
A prayer from the freakin pope wouldn't get knicks into the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:39 PM

Did you read the link?

ABA Champions:
None

ABA FInals:
None

ABA Division Champions:
None

Amuseddaysleeper
A prayer from the freakin pope wouldn't get knicks into the playoffs.

and that's pitiful considering the raps are the #4 seed at 13-18

if you can't make the playoffs in one of the worst conferences in sports history then I don't know what to tell you

BERSERK

Then who made the claim of the Spurs winning 6 championships? The Spurs organization has only won 3 championships.

Mr.Bottomtooth
What does that have to do with anything?

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Then who made the claim of the Spurs winning 6 championships? The Spurs organization has only won 3 championships.

He didn't say the Spurs have won 6 championships. He said IF the Spurs have six championships when Duncan retires, is that a failure?

Mr.Bottomtooth
The guy who said that said IF the Spurs win 6 championships...

BERSERK
Did you read the link?

ABA Champions:
None

ABA FInals:
None

ABA Division Champions:
None

I never made the claim of the Spurs winning 6 championships. I made the claim the Spurs winning 3 championships in the NBA, not the ABA.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-02-2007, 11:41 PM

T Park was just saying if duncan was to retire with 6 rings, how we'd be remembered in history

BERSERK
He didn't say the Spurs have won 6 championships. He said IF the Spurs have six championships when Duncan retires, is that a failure?

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Mr.Bottomtooth
I never made the claim of the Spurs winning 6 championships. I made the claim the Spurs winning 3 championships in the NBA, not the ABA.
I think everyone knows we won 3 championships in the NBA.

T Park
01-02-2007, 11:42 PM

Do I need to draw a goddamn cartoon for sport here? :lmao

BERSERK
T Park was just saying if duncan was to retire with 6 rings, how we'd be remembered in history

T-Park should not count his chickens before they hatch.

Kori Ellis

He wasn't counting his chickens. He was posing a question.

Mr.Bottomtooth
He's talking hypothetical.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:43 PM

Do I need to draw a goddamn cartoon for sport here? :lmao
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao x 1,000,000!!!

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:45 PM
He wasn't counting his chickens. He was posing a question.

If the Spurs win 6 championships, they better be 3 straight championships. With the way we're playing we'll have difficulty winning 1.

SequSpur
01-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Definitely a change is in order. Manu and Horry need to sit down.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Love your title Sequ.

T Park
01-02-2007, 11:50 PM
If the Spurs win 6 championships, they better be 3 straight championships

What in good god's name...

I expect this stupidity from the forum clown like Sequ Spur, but, ah helll I don't know this one...

ShoogarBear
01-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Don't pose your chickens before the picture's been taken.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:51 PM

I expect this stupidity from the forum clown like Sequ Spur, but, ah helll I don't know this one...

SequSpur
01-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Love your title Sequ.

:smokin

Duncanoypi
01-02-2007, 11:53 PM
If the Spurs win 6 championships, they better be 3 straight championships. With the way we're playing we'll have difficulty winning 1.

:wakeup

BERSERK
01-02-2007, 11:56 PM

I may seem like a clown but you look like a blind fool to follow this team blindlessly. No Spur fans here wants to accept any type of criticism. SpursTalk was once thought of a place where any sportsfan can raise any concern about their team. People have to take the bad with the good. Again if Pat Riley, Phil Jackson and (dare I say!) Avery Johnson experiment their lineups for a improved chance of a championship, Pop should be no different. Just don't start crying when we lose in the playoffs with this type of tired lineup style.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2007, 11:58 PM
No Spur fans here wants to accept any type of criticism. .
Read outside this thread. There are are hundreds of posts criticizing the team tonight.

You are just making ridiculous suggestions (i.e. benching Bowen and starting James White), so people are laughing at you.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:58 PM
I may seem like a clown but you look like a blind fool to follow this team blindlessly. No Spur fans here wants to accept any type of criticism. SpursTalk was once thought of a place where any sportsfan can raise any concern about their team. People have to take the bad with the good. Again if Pat Riley, Phil Jackson and (dare I say!) Avery Johnson experiment their lineups for a improved chance of a championship, Pop should be no different. Just don't start crying when we lose in the playoffs with this type of tired lineup style.
You can use that line after the trade deadline.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Read outside this thread. There are are hundreds of posts criticizing the team tonight.

You are just making ridiculous suggestions (i.e. benching Bowen and starting James White), so people are laughing at you.

BERSERK
01-03-2007, 12:03 AM

The main message is the Spurs should try to do a change of line-up. The line-up change is not up to me. Even if Pop talks to everybody for a suggestion, it's really up to him to make a decision. People can laugh at my suggestions but don't expect me change my views just because people refuse to accept it.

Kori Ellis
01-03-2007, 12:04 AM
The main message is the Spurs should try to do a change of line-up. The line-up change is not up to me. Even if Pop talks to everybody for a suggestion, it's really up to him to make a decision. People can laugh at my suggestions but don't expect me change my views just because people refuse to accept it.

I don't care if you change your views or not. I'm just explaining to you why you've looked ridiculous in this thread.

BERSERK
01-03-2007, 12:05 AM
I don't care if you change your views or not. I'm just explaining to you why you've looked ridiculous in this thread.

I don't care if I look ridiculous. The main point is the Spurs should go for a change of line up.

boutons_
01-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Sit Duncan's over-paid, lazy, whiny, bored, screwed-up ass until he figures out that as one gets older, it takes MORE effort, not less effort, to keep competing.

Pop got on his ass just last week, we got one good game out of him, and then he backslides into tonight's shitty performance.

SequSpur
01-03-2007, 12:09 AM
i think playing 5 white people at one time is a problem. i think pop tends to be mr. nice guy and play everyone when usually you play 9 guys and f the rest.

After you win 3 championships, its hard to get up for a road game against the new nba logo.

The spurs battled for a little while but what do you expect...

A team with Bonner, Elson, Udrih and Oberto getting decent minutes is not going to compete night in and night out against the nba elite teams. Sorry... that's not frickin rocket science there... but shit Pop makes his own bed every day and most spurs fans aren't stupid..... The line up is not the problem.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Maybe Bonner and Elson, but definitely not Beno and Oberto.

SequSpur
01-03-2007, 12:15 AM
If I was coaching the Spurs, I would waive Bonner, Udrih and Oberto right now.

Budkin
01-03-2007, 12:22 AM
If I was coaching the Spurs, I would waive Bonner, Udrih and Oberto right now.

I don't know about Bonner, but Beno and Fab for sure.

T Park
01-03-2007, 12:32 AM
udrih and Oberto sure.

But why Bonner

OH yeah, youd actually have to watch a game, to understand.

You do typical "Oh look at me bullshit" accusations.

The Truth #6
01-03-2007, 01:38 AM
I think we've relied too much on the outside shot. If it isn't falling, sometimes we can't score at all. Only having one post threat (Tim) doesn't help things. Because of that I think they have to dangle some playing time for Butler. Butler seems like the only other Spur who might be able to score in the post. He's raw but if he thinks he might get some PT, hopefully he can be coached into playing hard to earn more minutes.

My other roster change-up suggestion would be to bench Finley for long stretches. He's old, he could use the rest. If he's going to do anything it will be in the playoffs anyway. Save him. He's hardly doing anything constructive out there. Give his minutes to Williams and see if he can do something.

Also, I think the team needs to realize that no one's playing time is guaranteed. It's mind games but other than a trade I don't know how else shake things up.

wildbill2u
01-03-2007, 12:38 PM
I don't care if I look ridiculous. The main point is the Spurs should go for a change of line up.
I don't know how many threads have been on this site griping or whining about CIA Pop's weird experiments with his lineup rotations.

If I'm not mistaken, he was playing five white guys in the 4th quarter when we lost the game--meaning Parker, Bowen, and Duncan weren't playing in the deciding period. That sounds to me like a willingness to change the lineup when Pop thinks the same old lineup isn't working.

You're simply letting your frustration at a loss overrule reality. This team is going to lose some more games and probably isn't good enough to win the Championship this year.

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic isn't going to help.

leemajors
01-03-2007, 01:07 PM
I may seem like a clown but you look like a blind fool to follow this team blindlessly.

kill them with confusion! obsfucation at all costs!@

Streakyshooter08
01-03-2007, 01:30 PM
To get back to topic. I would agree that the Spurs should aquire Maggette for Beno/Barry. The time for the Spurs to win it all is NOW. If they can get a player that helps them to improve in a lot of areas they should go for it. I would run this rotation:

Elson/TD/ Maggette/ Bowen/ Parker

6th Man: Manu
Rest of the rotation: Finley, Bonner/ (Oberto) (depending on matchups), Vaughn (or a PG the Spurs would sign or trade for)

I don't expect much out of Horry anymore. He won't help against teams like Dallas or Phoenix.

I read an interview today that Maggette still thinks he will be tradet. So I hope the Spurs are still working out somthing. I really want them to improve rebounding. If the percentages go down in the playoffs and you rebound poorly, it really hurts the team.