View Full Version : Bob Lanier (poster) says Amare Stoudemire "can't rebound"

RonMexico
01-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Amare: 24 pts, 18 rebounds (5 offensive) - 36 mins

"Big Ben": 6 pts, 14 rebounds (5 offensive) - 33 mins

Care to modify your stance a little?

Xylus
01-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Amare's had two phenomenal performances in a row against two of the East's best. He had 31 and 13 against the Pistons two days ago.

The Suns desperately need another rebounder, though.

leroyjenkins
01-02-2007, 11:38 PM
im not going to lie, i was a huge doubter of amare. Personally i thought he was gonna eventually end up with "webber" syndrome, but hes done nothing but impress me this season and i cant wait to see how he contributes during this post season.

RonMexico
01-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I don't know why D'Antoni seems to forget about Kurt Thomas for long stretches during the game... he rebounded well against Dallas in the 10 minutes he got during that game. Maybe he's saving Kurt for post-season and stretch run, though... since that's when they needed him most last season. We'll have to see, but some good aggresive play out of Diaw would be nice... Amare is completely out doing any of my expectations.

Xylus
01-02-2007, 11:55 PM
After that disappointing loss in Dallas, the Suns beat the Bulls and Pistons on their home courts in close games. Good stuff.

Bob Lanier
01-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Cite?

Apparently you've barely beaten two teams without their all-star caliber point guards. Nicely done.

RonMexico
01-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Cite?

Apparently you've barely beaten two teams without their all-star caliber point guards. Nicely done.

Didn't say anything about the PG's... said about your vast amount of posts about how "rebounding is a skill you can't learn" - unless Heinrich and Billups were the leading rebounders, I don't think they really factor into this discussion.

Xylus
01-03-2007, 12:09 AM
True, Hinrich was out tonight, but it's not like Chris Duhon is a slouch. Given the same amount of minutes and the starting PG position, Duhon (8.0 pts, 4.6 ast, 26.7 min) could likely produce just as much as Hinrich (14.5, 5.8 ast, 34.0 min) could.

And the Suns beat the Pistons by 7, so it wasn't as close as I said it was.

Bob Lanier
01-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Oh, this must be what you're whining about:

Amare Stoudemire has always been an average rebounder at best, even for an undersized power forward. That is not something that changes at his age. He may have stretches where he becomes an above-average to good rebounder with his improved fundamentals, as Antonio McDyess has, but he will never be a great one.
Congratulations to Mr. Stoudemire for his studly fourteen rebounds.

The second part of the post you quote was a response to Xylus's immediately preceding post.

N4th4n
01-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Cite?

Ya.... missing points guards realy factor into the fact that Amare is tearing it up against the 2 best teams in the East. Not to mention he did this going against the Pistons( By the way what happaned to the "D" In Detriot?") and against Ben Wallace, one of the best interior defenders and rebounders in the league.

Xylus
01-03-2007, 12:13 AM
I just hope to the gods that Amare stays healthy all season. He's the key to our post-season success.

Edit: Amazingly, Stoudemire has been our leading scorer in 7 of the last 12 games. That's including the game against the Pistons where he scored 31 and Nash scored 35.

I love that the Suns have such a balanced attack, but I'm perfectly happy with Stoudemire being the leading scorer every night.

RonMexico
01-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Oh, this must be what you're whining about:

Congratulations to Mr. Stoudemire for his studly fourteen rebounds.

The second part of the post you quote was a response to Xylus's immediately preceding post.

He had 18 rebounds... "Big Crybaby" had 14.

Amare_32
01-03-2007, 12:23 AM
True, Hinrich was out tonight, but it's not like Chris Duhon is a slouch. Given the same amount of minutes and the starting PG position, Duhon (8.0 pts, 4.6 ast, 26.7 min) could likely produce just as much as Hinrich (14.5, 5.8 ast, 34.0 min) could.

And the Suns beat the Pistons by 7, so it wasn't as close as I said it was.

Hinrich please! They still had Ben Gordon who had 41 points. BTW is not the Suns concern who is injured or not.
________
VAPIR NO2 (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/no2/)
________
Web shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

BillsCarnage
01-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Elias say...

• Amare Stoudemire scored 24 points with 18 rebounds in the Suns' 97-96 win at Chicago. Only one other player has started at center opposite Ben Wallace and reached those totals in the same game: David Robinson in 2001 (29 points, 22 rebounds).

RonMexico
01-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Elias say...

• Amare Stoudemire scored 24 points with 18 rebounds in the Suns' 97-96 win at Chicago. Only one other player has started at center opposite Ben Wallace and reached those totals in the same game: David Robinson in 2001 (29 points, 22 rebounds).

Beautiful statistical backup - thanks Elias and thanks Bill

Pistons < Spurs
01-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Don't get too excited over 1 or 2 games. He's still averaging a lowly 8.7 per game.

Xylus
01-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Don't get too excited over 1 or 2 games. He's still averaging a lowly 8.7 per game.
After tonight, he'll be averaging just over 9 rebounds.

One thing to keep in mind: he's only averaging 29 minutes a game. If he were averaging about 35 minutes a game, like he was in 2005, I'm sure he'd be grabbing a rebound or two more.

A second thing to keep in mind: HE'S RECOVERING FROM MICROFRACTURE SURGERY.

DarkReign
01-03-2007, 10:42 AM
I am not one for excuses, the Suns ripped the Pistons, no questions.

Without Billups, it showed, thats all I am saying.

I still believe the gap between the West and East is more Grand Canyon than cement cracks though.

stretch
01-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Amare: 24 pts, 18 rebounds (5 offensive) - 36 mins

"Big Ben": 6 pts, 14 rebounds (5 offensive) - 33 mins

Care to modify your stance a little?
well, with that logic i guess since one game suddenly annoints you as a better rebounder than Big Ben, Josh Howard is an elite rebounder as well, when the other night he had 17 boards.

kindly shut the hell up.

RonMexico
01-04-2007, 02:02 AM
well, with that logic i guess since one game suddenly annoints you as a better rebounder than Big Ben, Josh Howard is an elite rebounder as well, when the other night he had 17 boards.

kindly shut the hell up.

When did Josh Howard get 17 rebounds against Ben Wallace? I guess Reggie Evans is the same thing, though... fuckbag.

You're a retard - it's a continued rebounding improvement and especially sweet because he did it on Bob Lanier's favorite son.

Bob Lanier
01-04-2007, 02:48 AM
Now he's my son? Not my daughter - or, better yet, my transsexual gay lover? It's nice to see that you're branching out - for the variety if nothing else - but I'm not so sure the quality of your invective is the better for it.

Also, Reggie Evans is a better rebounder than Ben Wallace. Has been for two or three years now.