PDA

View Full Version : _When it comes down to it, can San Antonio really beat Dallas?_

The Pied Piper
01-03-2007, 04:40 AM
I just don't think so.

Dirk is just so much better than Duncan.

Jason the Jet is better than anyone the Spurs can throw at him.

The Mavs are just too good and by the way, they have won 11 strait.

Discuss.

http://www.nba.com/media/jasont_300_070102.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2007, 04:44 AM
i think the spurs will "NEVER" beat the dallas mavericks again......

duncan has become obsolete

themvp
01-03-2007, 04:46 AM
Lock this thread.

We'll see on Friday.

The Pied Piper
01-03-2007, 04:54 AM
Lock this thread.

We'll see on Friday.

Shove it, homer.

A thread will not get locked because you say so.

This is a legit topic that needs to be talked about in a reasonable fashion.

I doubt San Antonio has the talent to beat Dallas.

Dirk>Duncan=FACT

SenorSpur
01-03-2007, 05:05 AM
Not with how poorly the Spurs are playing and certainly not without Elson.

supaphly119
01-03-2007, 05:05 AM
i think it can go either way like the past 2 meetings. dallas will be coming off of a game thursday night so that might play into it. i'm just excited to go and watch, as long as its a good game i'll be happy.

dieman8686
01-03-2007, 05:19 AM
These teams are equals, its a slugfest, either team can win it at any time...So yes SA can beat the Mavs when it really counts and vice versa. No dirk vs. tim comparisons can be made, its not like they are the overall dominaters of their corresponding teams, they both get plenty of help...

ChumpDumper
01-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Sure they can beat them.

Solid D
01-03-2007, 01:59 PM
This thread brought to us by a mouse.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Sad but True..

Totally agree with you
You're just mad because you have a retard that tells players to hurt other players as your head coach.

Walton Buys Off Me
01-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Not unless Ginobili plays out of his mind.

Dallas has the advantage over us at every position except shooting guard;

Center: Diop/Dampier > Pop's flavour of the month
Power Forward: Dirk > Whiny Bitch
Small Forward: Josh Howard > Bowen- please! Is there a bigger mismatch in sports?
Shooting guard: Manu > Terry but not by much
Point Guard: Tied- both like to run into three guys with their heads down in pressure situations. The difference is Harris knows his role and doesn't have illusions of being an all-star.

Coaching: Please.........Pop makes adjustments two days later after watching video. Avery does something called "in-game adjustments" Weird concept right?

Bench: Stackhouse, George, Johnson and we have Brent Barry and a waterboy named Udrih- are we really having this discussion?

I'm as big a Spurs fan as there is on this planet but you have to know when you're outmatched and Dallas is building momentum while we struggle to beat Memphis and Philadelphia at home. The Mavericks are as far ahead of the Spurs as the 2001 Lakers were. Duncan doesn't care, plays when he feels like it, spends more time bitching to referees than he does getting back on defense so how are we going to win? Stop being the eternal optimists and get back to reality. The 2006-07 San Antonio Spurs are a good basketball team. Problem is this is the NBA and that's really not saying much.

If the series goes longer than five games, then I'd be worried if I was a Dallas fan.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Not a chance. Last year the Mavs inexperience let the series go 7 games when in reality we should of swept/eliminated the Spurs in 5. We have too many advantages and the huge one we have an edge in is tempo of the game.

conqueso
01-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Point Guard: Tied- both like to run into three guys with their heads down in pressure situations. The difference is Harris knows his role and doesn't have illusions of being an all-star.Um, I don't know where you've been, but Tony actually is an all-star. Remember that game last year with all the best players in the league? Yeah, he played in that.

Jesus W, as far a rabble-rousing goes, you're worse than Mouse.

George Gervin's Afro
01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
If the series were held today we'd stand zero chance. I am looking for another uninspired effort from our boys Friday night. Dalls scores 38 points in the fitst qtr shooting 69% and then holds off the Spurs for the rest of the game. Then I get to look forward to watching the Cowboys lose in Seattle on Saturday.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Dirk>Duncan=FACT
Explain that for me.

spurs_666
01-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I agree, Mavs are better than Spurs.

conqueso
01-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Explain that for me.Dirk scores more points than Duncan.

More points is better than less points.

Therefore, Dirk is better than Duncan.

Q.E.D.

DubMcDub
01-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Every NBA team is loaded with talent. Any team can beat any other. The Spurs may well win Friday, though I wouldn't count on it.

Now, as for a 7-game series, if it were played today the Mavs would win in 4 or 5 games. As whoever posted a few posts up, the Mavs have the advantage at literally every position except maybe SG at this point--and Manu hasn't really been playing that well.

mabber
01-03-2007, 04:12 PM
If both teams are 100% healthy then the Mavs are the better team! But how often are both teams 100% healthy in a playoff series? Injuries to Dallas could move the advantage the Spurs come playoff time since the Mavs aren't that much better than San Antonio.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-03-2007, 05:41 PM
111-97. They can and they will.

ShoogarBear
01-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Spurs have undergone nonstop bashing since last night. If they lose tonight the pessimistic cacophony will be unbearable.

That's usually when they come through.

dg7md
01-03-2007, 05:54 PM
These teams are equals, its a slugfest, either team can win it at any time...So yes SA can beat the Mavs when it really counts and vice versa. No dirk vs. tim comparisons can be made, its not like they are the overall dominaters of their corresponding teams, they both get plenty of help...

Couldn't say it better myself.

mabber
01-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Spurs have undergone nonstop bashing since last night. If they lose tonight the pessimistic cacophony will be unbearable.

That's usually when they come through.

I'm counting on it as I've place money on the Spurs tonight.

LilMissSPURfect
01-03-2007, 07:18 PM
whats to discuss...either spurs win and its the refs fault or they lose and its the ref's fault........dallas hasn't got anything on the SPURS ...last time i checked...

unless you counting WC banners....i thought this was DISCUSSED all summer and preseason and now again! ?????

DubMcDub
01-03-2007, 07:31 PM
dallas hasn't got anything on the SPURS ...last time i checked...

Except scoreboard. Both regular season and playoffs.

confined
01-03-2007, 09:28 PM
whats to discuss...either spurs win and its the refs fault or they lose and its the ref's fault........dallas hasn't got anything on the SPURS ...last time i checked...

unless you counting WC banners....i thought this was DISCUSSED all summer and preseason and now again! ?????

omfg...having championships will NOT help ur team win games in the future...that stuff is a mark of the past...now dotn get me wrong, i respect the spurs very much...its just when people say repeditive shit liek this is when it gets mavs favs pissed off...and ill say it again...trophies dont help u win games...players do

Obstructed_View
01-03-2007, 10:25 PM
The Spurs will never beat the Mavericks again in a significant game with Pop as their coach, because he out-coaches himself.

Billy Cobham
01-03-2007, 10:55 PM
It doesn't matter. Phoenix will beat either team this year.

DubMcDub
01-03-2007, 10:56 PM

Billy Cobham is awesome. Your basketball IQ is not.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-03-2007, 10:57 PM
:lol :lol

phoenix is the sacramento kings of our time (2001-2002 sac kings)

a great team for the regular season

having said that, the mavs are running away with the west, with the spurs being far worse than their record suggests

bigfundamental21
01-03-2007, 11:26 PM

Don't mean a thing if you ain't got that ring. Last time I checked regular season games don't equal a title. Mavs are peaking now. Spurs will peak when it counts.

DubMcDub
01-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Don't mean a thing if you ain't got that ring. Last time I checked regular season games don't equal a title. Mavs are peaking now. Spurs will peak when it counts.

It sure meant a thing last year when the Mavs sent the Spurs fans home crying. Unless this place always goes into meltdown mode over things that "don't mean a thing". You'll have to fill me in if that's the case.

bigfundamental21
01-03-2007, 11:27 PM
omfg...having championships will NOT help ur team win games in the future...that stuff is a mark of the past...now dotn get me wrong, i respect the spurs very much...its just when people say repeditive shit liek this is when it gets mavs favs pissed off...and ill say it again...trophies dont help u win games...players do

You only say that because your team has no trophies.