PDA

View Full Version : Trade Tim Duncan

kris
01-03-2007, 04:59 AM
Now that the banana boat has finally come in for Spurs fans, this topic can be talked about with reason.

Don't get me wrong, Tim Duncan got the Spurs 3 O'Briens and really deserves some credit for taking San Antonio to the top so I say give him his hams and plaques, play "Simply The Best" and whatever else, but send him away. This guy has mailed it in for his career. He's a washed up hack at the age of 30. Spurs need to get rid of him while the getting is good. The Spurs need someone new that isn't too busy playing video games to be the cornerstone player. Spurs need someone that desperately wants to win and doesn't mind putting the weight of the franchise on his back. They need rebounding, skill, versatility, athleticism, intensity, and shot blocking. Do you know anyone like that available?

http://sports.espn.go.com/media/oly/2000/0924/photo/a_kevin_i.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
01-03-2007, 05:05 AM
Stick to football.

kris
01-03-2007, 05:06 AM
If you think of it from an objective basketball standpoint, it makes sense.

supaphly119
01-03-2007, 05:06 AM
use me, i help arguements
- logic

kris
01-03-2007, 05:10 AM
The goal is to put trophies on the mantle. It would be nice to do it with the same franchise player, but if they don't get the job done you either keep making it to the playoffs and saying woulda, coulda, shoulda, almost, the refs or you try something else. (but not the 76er method were you trade Iverson for nothing)

leon
01-03-2007, 05:30 AM
TD is not KG
Never trade

supaphly119
01-03-2007, 05:32 AM
all we need is a mike miller/jr smith type to spark energy off of the bench...

MannyIsGod
01-03-2007, 05:33 AM
Even thought TD pisses me off a ton, this is ridiculous. Who on earth are you going to trade him for and still be a contender? You'd never get equal value in a trade like this. If Tim turns it on like he did last year, then anything is possible. Thats better than nothing.

kris
01-03-2007, 05:33 AM
TD is not KG
Never trade

You must be a foreign exchange TWolves fan.

kris
01-03-2007, 05:34 AM
Even thought TD pisses me off a ton, this is ridiculous. Who on earth are you going to trade him for and still be a contender? You'd never get equal value in a trade like this. If Tim turns it on like he did last year, then anything is possible. Thats better than nothing.

http://estadium.ya.com/nachoreina1985/kevin_garnett.jpg

supaphly119
01-03-2007, 05:36 AM

1) spurs couldn't afford the salary
2) wolves would never consider it
3) i don't want to see KG yelling all the time

kris
01-03-2007, 05:37 AM
1) spurs couldn't afford the salary
2) wolves would never consider it
3) i don't want to see KG yelling all the time

Darn. What about Elton Brand?

supaphly119
01-03-2007, 05:42 AM
Darn. What about Elton Brand?

how about oberto, bonner and barry to charlotte for may, carrol and a hot dog vendor?

we just need someone with some hustle.

kris
01-03-2007, 05:44 AM
how about oberto, bonner and barry to charlotte for may, carrol and a hot dog vendor?

Hey that hot dog vendor isn't just a throw in. Spurs only have cotton candy, peanuts, and pop corn available for Johnny Nomoney to buy from his seat. Let alone Peking Duck or hot dogs.

Gummi
01-03-2007, 05:46 AM
People who don't know shit about basketball shouldn't post. Brand for Duncan? Do you know what basketball is about, Kris? Or are you the "stupid fan" who judges players by stats and nothing else.

There isn't a player in this league that the Spurs would trade Duncan for.

supaphly119
01-03-2007, 05:51 AM
People who don't know shit about basketball shouldn't post. Brand for Duncan? Do you know what basketball is about, Kris? Or are you the "stupid fan" who judges players by stats and nothing else.

probably not one player but maybe two...

tdunk for nash and amare....where do i sign?

ponky
01-03-2007, 05:54 AM
This guy has mailed it in for his career. He's a washed up hack at the age of 30. Spurs need to get rid of him while the getting is good.

Uh, wasn't he 30 in the semis back in May when he played some monster basketball and looked great? Tim seems like he's lost a little bit of enthusiasm and needs a good swift kick in the arse (i mean this in the nicest way possible), there's nothing technically wrong with his basketball skills. I wonder if Pop ever directs his anger at Tim the way he does with Parker...Parker shows a lot more heart right now.

MannyIsGod
01-03-2007, 05:55 AM
http://estadium.ya.com/nachoreina1985/kevin_garnett.jpg:lmao

Oh you got jokes. My bad.

kris
01-03-2007, 05:55 AM

Just a stupid fan that judges players by stats and nothing else. If Duncan doesn't get a double-double, I get very angry and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

http://toadstool.se/photos/2003/.300x225/map/11/02-Brazil,IN-Halloween_Busses/13-The_Incredible_Hulk_grows_teeth.JPG

supaphly119
01-03-2007, 05:56 AM
Uh, wasn't he 30 in the semis back in May when he played some monster basketball and looked great? Tim seems like he's lost a little bit of enthusiasm and needs a good swift kick in the arse (i mean this in the nicest way possible), there's nothing technically wrong with his basketball skills. I wonder if Pop ever directs his anger at Tim the way he does with Parker...Parker shows a lot more heart right now.

perhaps its because he knows the spurs will most likely make the playoffs and he can somewhat coast until he needs to go 30-15 for a straight month...

kris
01-03-2007, 05:57 AM
:lmao

Oh you got jokes. My bad.

That's supposed to be just Garnett.

ponky
01-03-2007, 06:03 AM
perhaps its because he knows the spurs will most likely make the playoffs and he can somewhat coast until he needs to go 30-15 for a straight month...

so then why does he even exert all that energy into complaining (timmy) during regular season games? i'm being totally serious...i can't really believe you think the spurs are just going to turn it on come playoff time when they are not playing with much heart right now. that's not to say that they can't improve and be great during the playoffs but improvement takes time, it's not a silly little on/off switch

kris
01-03-2007, 06:06 AM

I think that's where I disagree most with a lot of fans. I was never too impressed by Duncan's 30 and 15 games against the Mavs. Granted, he did show great improvement over his regular season performance that season, but he still didn't come close to touching the way he dominated the competition in his hayday. There's not too many people that agree with that, but when he was on there's no way Diop continually blocks him or Mbenga guards him servicably. Good games and a lot better effort by Duncan in that series than even the '05 finals, but still not as good as he was in his first, second, third, fourth year...

polandprzem
01-03-2007, 06:24 AM
Trade him to the polish leauge then he will learn! :devil

SequSpur
01-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Really... stick to football... :rolleyes

MrChug
01-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Wasn't this pic back in like '00 or sumthin? Look at Kobe's hair! :lmao

LEONARD
01-03-2007, 10:23 AM
It's definitely time...

DarkReign
01-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Dumbest thread.

Ever.

DarkReign
01-03-2007, 10:31 AM
It's definitely time...

That coming from a Mavs fan....lol.....thats all you need to know!

BUMP
01-03-2007, 10:49 AM
its time to go in a different direction....

roms10
01-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Dumbest thread.

TIM never be traded

ShoogarBear
01-03-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm like 99% certain kris is being sarcastic.

Having said that, if Duncan had zero titles instead of three at this point in his career, I seriously doubt he would be loafing like he is.

Since instead he has three and KG has zero, he has to get the benefit of the doubt. Even though it totally pisses me off when I'm watching the game, in the light of the morning after you have to believe that Tim is operating under the premise that you can't bust your ass in January and still have the energy to bust your ass in June.

The constant whining, however, is totally uncalled for and needs to stop posthaste.

Spurszone2005
01-03-2007, 12:54 PM
:rolleyes :bang

Yeah...trade a 3-time MVP....trade the man who has changed the Spurs and brought them 3 championships....trade the heart and soul of the team....makes ALOT of sense. It will NEVER happen...Tim will retire a Spur and deserves to! He has proven himself time and again and is STILL doing it!

Idiot!

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2007, 01:15 PM
I was never too impressed by Duncan's 30 and 15 games against the Mavs.
Dumbass..

Bob Lanier
01-03-2007, 01:20 PM
:lol :corn:

VaSpursFan
01-03-2007, 01:24 PM
:lol :lol :lol at this thread

Solid D
01-03-2007, 01:25 PM
kris put away his #21 Spurs jersey a long time ago because Timmy isn't the same player he was at 26 or 27 years old.

Spurszone2005
01-03-2007, 01:29 PM
kris put away his #21 Spurs jersey a long time ago because Timmy isn't the same player he was at 26 or 27 years old.

Hell....no one is...it's called age....no one is immune....case in point MJ....still not a reason to trade the face of the team...a man who has given everything to this team and made the Spurs respected throughout the league. If Tim wants to remain a Spur, IMO, at this point, it's up to him as to when he will leave via retirement.

rayray2k8
01-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Stick to football.
:lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-03-2007, 01:40 PM
If Tim took all the energy he spends crying to officials and put it into his game, he'd average 30 and 20.

Shut up and play, TD.

Extra Stout
01-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Trade Duncan for some ballas with headbands.

Spurszone2005
01-03-2007, 01:42 PM
If Tim took all the energy he spends crying to officials and put it into his game, he'd average 30 and 20.

Shut up and play, TD.

:bang :bang :bang :bang

Tell us what else will happen in 2007 Nostradomas! Gimme a f'n break!

dknights411
01-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Could somebody delete this thread please? It's wasting valuable internet space.

Cry Havoc
01-03-2007, 02:23 PM

Shut up and play, TD.

How about YOU shut up and play?

Oh. That's right. You're not even CLOSE to having the skills to play at the NBA level, let alone dominate. So perhaps you should shut your freaking trap when you're disrespecting a 3 time Finals MVP 2 time MVP who has brought us 3 rings.

My fellow Spurs fans are so spoiled and demanding it's scary. Every single other team in the league would kill for Duncan and you guys do nothing but complain.

"Duncan... just shut up and plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Stop whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiining."

The irony is almost palpable.

kris
01-03-2007, 03:33 PM

Pardon me, dark knights 411.

kris
01-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Dumbest thread.

Ever.

I know I've hit rock bottom when Sting tells me this.

himat
01-03-2007, 04:44 PM
This is what people are starting to say about Chauncey in Detroit too. Just like Tim Duncan who are you going to get that will help you win a championship? If you trade Chauncey you're not going to get a young stud in Paul, and for Duncan you won't get a Bosh or Howard.

As far as I know both guys are the best playoff performers at their positions. Would anyone here not want Big Shot, or TD in a big game or playoff series?

Yeah Time Duncan is whining, but it just won't happen all season. He'll get over it. Spurs still have the second best record in the West, and last time I checked Detroit and San Antonio (#1 seeds) lost in the playoffs, and Miami and Dallas (2nd best conference records) got to the Finals.,

mFFL03
01-03-2007, 05:02 PM
wow. even a mavs fan knows not to touch a player like TD.

just add better teamates. spares like finley and barry just won't do it anymore IMO

challenge him more with a draft pick in his position (that will light a spark in his butt), but even then, he is avg good numbers right now and we aren't even at the midpoint of the season...or even close to the playoffs where he truly shines.

dbreiden83080
01-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Now that the banana boat has finally come in for Spurs fans, this topic can be talked about with reason.

Don't get me wrong, Tim Duncan got the Spurs 3 O'Briens and really deserves some credit for taking San Antonio to the top so I say give him his hams and plaques, play "Simply The Best" and whatever else, but send him away. This guy has mailed it in for his career. He's a washed up hack at the age of 30. Spurs need to get rid of him while the getting is good. The Spurs need someone new that isn't too busy playing video games to be the cornerstone player. Spurs need someone that desperately wants to win and doesn't mind putting the weight of the franchise on his back. They need rebounding, skill, versatility, athleticism, intensity, and shot blocking. Do you know anyone like that available?

http://sports.espn.go.com/media/oly/2000/0924/photo/a_kevin_i.jpg

Part of me can not wait until Timmy is gone and the Spurs are 10 games under .500, the building is empty and nobody is watching. Then people like you will be kissing Timmy's ass for all the glory years he gave the Spurs. Oh so maybe they don't win the title this year, so what they are still 23-9 and contenders yet again.

confined
01-03-2007, 07:04 PM

no one wants those scrubs...id say in order to get soem hustle try and work out a deal for somethign liek manu for gerald wallace or whatever, i think that would awaken SA a little bit

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-03-2007, 07:34 PM
How about YOU shut up and play?

Oh. That's right. You're not even CLOSE to having the skills to play at the NBA level, let alone dominate. So perhaps you should shut your freaking trap when you're disrespecting a 3 time Finals MVP 2 time MVP who has brought us 3 rings.

My fellow Spurs fans are so spoiled and demanding it's scary. Every single other team in the league would kill for Duncan and you guys do nothing but complain.

"Duncan... just shut up and plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Stop whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiining."

The irony is almost palpable.

So, are you a fucking idiot or a 12 year old?

The Duncan playing for us right now is nothing like the Duncan that has 3 Finals MVP trophies sitting at his mantle at home.

In those days, when someone hacked him and he didn't get a call, he got pissed off and went off on whoever we were playing. Nowadays, he just bitches. It's like playing the Mavs last year in the playoffs, all the bitching and whining that they do rubbed off on him.

And as far as criticizing him goes, you can kiss my ass on that one. His whining is to the point it is (negatively) impacting his game, and for that he deserves all the criticism he gets about it.

dallaskd
01-03-2007, 07:36 PM
only if you can get garnett for him or artest and martin for him

Axl Van Dam
01-03-2007, 07:38 PM
:nope No way we trade TD!!!!! :nope

bigdog
01-03-2007, 11:14 PM
only if you can get garnett for him or artest and martin for him

we would NEVER want artest. unless isiah thomas was our coach.

bigfundamental21
01-03-2007, 11:21 PM

whoever started this stupid thread must be on crack

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

slayermin
01-04-2007, 01:33 AM
TD has at least one more championship in him.

I would rather win one more championship with Tim Duncan than multiple titles with asses like KG or Kobe.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2007, 03:25 AM
So, are you a fucking idiot or a 12 year old?

The Duncan playing for us right now is nothing like the Duncan that has 3 Finals MVP trophies sitting at his mantle at home.

In those days, when someone hacked him and he didn't get a call, he got pissed off and went off on whoever we were playing. Nowadays, he just bitches. It's like playing the Mavs last year in the playoffs, all the bitching and whining that they do rubbed off on him.

And as far as criticizing him goes, you can kiss my ass on that one. His whining is to the point it is (negatively) impacting his game, and for that he deserves all the criticism he gets about it.

Ah, petty insults. Truly the mark of someone with the kind of credible intelligence to be questioning another person's age on an internet forum.

And you can kiss my ass for criticizing him. He's done more for the franchise than any other Spurs player in history, and now you're whining because he's not putting up 30 and 20 every night. His numbers across the board are SLIGHTLY down from his career averages, and guess what? Nearly every other big man's numbers drop, especially when you have a player like Tony Parker who's developing into a prime scoring threat. Not to mention the fact that his minutes per game have sharply declined, most likely because Pop is worried about keeping him healthy. If he was playing 37.7 minutes per game, there is a good chance that he would equal his career numbers, or (and I know this is a shock to you) better them.

See, I understand it's so easy to gripe at a player while you're sitting on your ass with a beer watching 10 guys run up and down a court, or to post about how horrible a player is performing from your comfy computer chair, but when concrete facts are actually induced into the situation, it tends to negate how bitchy you are. How sane is it to talk about trading Tim Duncan? Can you possibly be serious? Every single fan of every single other team in the NBA would literally laugh in your face for even suggesting such a thing, and any sensible Spurs fan would probably tell you to get the hell out of SBC and never come back.

ZStomp
01-04-2007, 08:14 AM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o70/EClayton08/salmah.gif

Damn. This is the best part of this thread. What movie is this?!

LEONARD
01-04-2007, 08:59 AM

SNL skit I believe...

SenorSpur
01-04-2007, 09:06 AM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o70/EClayton08/salmah.gif

Aaah. I'm in heaven.

G-Money
01-04-2007, 10:22 AM
we'll take him..the Pistons will trade you Amir Johnson for Tim Duncan, what do ya say?

boutons_
01-04-2007, 10:29 AM
That's Brosnan, so I think the movie is:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367479/

A really, really shitty movie, except for the locale and Salma, that has been on cable in the last couple months.

If you want to see Salma really strut her stuff, see her table top dance in From Dusk to Dawn. Amazingly powerful, shapely hips and legs. In such a tiny package.