PDA

View Full Version : how the "EFF" do we lose to the "EFFING" SONICS?

duncan2k5
11-07-2004, 10:22 PM
:pctoss :cuss :shootme :bang :makemyday :flipoff :( :depressed

I dont know about you all, but the only teams i expected to beat our spurs in the regular season were the mavericks, suns, detroit and wolves. GRRRRRRRRRR...i know i posted this before the game is over, but it dont seem like we gonna win. i hope i wake up tomorrow to be flamed because the spurs pulled off an amazing comeback

coz
11-07-2004, 10:24 PM
long season, step away from the ledge.

duncan2k5
11-07-2004, 10:28 PM
i dont want us to lose to these loser teams...but hey, u know we have a history of bad starts to the season.

Emeyin
11-07-2004, 10:31 PM
It's only the 3rd game of the season but it's the Sonics.. how dissapointing to see the Spurs lose when Manu & Tony both score over 20+ points.

diceman
11-07-2004, 10:32 PM
I am glad someone else notices it is only the 3rd game of the season. Tonight they lacked chemistry and played very sloppy. Unfortunately, there will be a couple of more of these type of games during the first 30 games or so. On the bright side I am starting to think Manu is emerging as the consistent 2nd scorer the Spurs have lacked.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Manu had an efficient game besides fouling out. But though Tony scored over 20 and had six (?) assists, he didn't do it very efficiently. 20 points on over 20 shots doesn't make a good night.

The Spurs did everything wrong. They got killed on the boards. Tim played like crap on both ends. No one moved well without the ball. They missed a lot of their defensive switches. They made stupid passes. And they allowed the Sonics to shoot 50+%.

Oh well, it's one loss and it's early.

I'm kind of happy about it in a way, maybe people will stop pumping up the Spurs as a lock for the Championship.

Shelly
11-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Damn...People are jumping off the cliff already?

SpursWoman
11-07-2004, 10:50 PM
how the "EFF" do we lose to the "EFFING" SONICS?

Play like ass and don't score as many points as they do. ;)

SPURS21
11-07-2004, 10:50 PM
It was as if the sprus have never seen this new super play the sonics invented

its called the pic n roll

tonite's defense was horrid, way to crash the boards guys!

JsnSA
11-07-2004, 11:17 PM
NOt only do the Spurs have a history of losing games early in the season...they have a history of losing games to teams that should have no chance at beating the spurs.

It happens...yet we still manage to be one of the best teams by years end...so all should be well.

No need to get worried.

spur219
11-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Tim Duncan was getting hammered out there I wouldn't say he played like crap when you are getting elbows to your body and getting roughed up. I surprised Fortson didn't foul out he should of fouled out by the 1st half. The Spurs did not play defense very well but you have to give credit to the Sonics. Even when the Spurs were right on their face they were still hitting. It was both the Spurs did play bad defense but the Sonics were hitting their shots and looked like the more agressive team.

Kaster
11-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Face it, this November loss to the Sonics means the Spurs won't win the championship in June.

Kori Ellis
11-08-2004, 12:42 AM
:lol

adidas11
11-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Quote: "Tim Duncan was getting hammered out there I wouldn't say he played like crap when you are getting elbows to your body and getting roughed up."

Question: Since Tim Duncan is a power forward/center, why isn't he the one dishing out the elbows and hammering other players in return? As a dominant big man, he should be establishing the physical tone for the team.

manustarting2gd
11-08-2004, 12:57 AM
Adidas , Kaster.. One name for you .. Chris Mihm.. lol That being said.. L.A. is lucky to make the playoffs.. and yeah dont get too happy beating the Lastlanta Hawks tonight... Tim was off one game, prepare the Knicks for an ass whoopin and bring your "new" other favorite team the Heat on Friday for a Loss for them against SA.

Kaster
11-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Adidas , Kaster.. One name for you .. Chris Mihm.. lol That being said.. L.A. is lucky to make the playoffs.. and yeah dont get too happy beating the Lastlanta Hawks tonight... Tim was off one game, prepare the Knicks for an ass whoopin and bring your "new" other favorite team the Heat on Friday for a Loss for them against SA.

Do you really think I was being serious? :rolleyes

And with that said, at least we don't have Radosoft! :spin

spur219
11-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Throwing Elbows is a dirty tactic and we all know that Tim Duncan is not a dirty player. He plays the game the right way just because he is getting elbowed and hammered doesn't mean he will stoop down to their level and play that way. Only players that can't keep up with their opponent throw elbows.

Brodels
11-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Throwing Elbows is a dirty tactic and we all know that Tim Duncan is not a dirty player. He plays the game the right way just because he is getting elbowed and hammered doesn't mean he will stoop down to their level and play that way. Only players that can't keep up with their opponent throw elbows.

Duncan sucked. You shouldn't blame this one on the officials. He couldn't make anything and he was just totally out of sync.

He'll come back with a good game.

tlongII
11-08-2004, 10:21 AM
The Sonics have the potential to do that to any team. They have excellent outside shooters on their team and they were hot. It is very difficult to beat them when their shots are falling like that. The Sonics' problem is that it is basically the only way they can win. They will not usually shoot 50% from the field. If they shoot under 45% it's pretty much a guaranteed loss for their team.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-08-2004, 10:21 AM
I feel REALLY sorry for the Warriors on Wednesday night.

Hated Spurs foes such as Najera (who I still like, BTW) and Fisher. Coming off an embarrasing loss.

Beno getting his first taste of "in-game Pop", Duncan getting embarrased, Manu fouling out, Parker's 20 shots for 20 points.

There's going to be a massacre @ SBC this week. Poor Golden State.

tlongII
11-08-2004, 10:46 AM
I feel REALLY sorry for the Warriors on Wednesday night.

Hated Spurs foes such as Najera (who I still like, BTW) and Fisher. Coming off an embarrasing loss.

Beno getting his first taste of "in-game Pop", Duncan getting embarrased, Manu fouling out, Parker's 20 shots for 20 points.

There's going to be a massacre @ SBC this week. Poor Golden State.

Golden State will have to play a great game to beat the Spurs and I don't see it happening. However, they are due for a good game since they're 0 and 3.

Brodels
11-08-2004, 11:21 AM
The Sonics have the potential to do that to any team. They have excellent outside shooters on their team and they were hot. It is very difficult to beat them when their shots are falling like that. The Sonics' problem is that it is basically the only way they can win. They will not usually shoot 50% from the field. If they shoot under 45% it's pretty much a guaranteed loss for their team.

You speak the truth for once. Good post.