PDA

View Full Version : Avery Says that Devin Harris is the Best Defensive PG in the West...

LEONARD
01-03-2007, 01:03 PM
right now...

If not Devin Harris, who??? :fro

Bob Lanier
01-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Earl Watson, Matt Wilks, Jarrett Jack, Deron Williams, Shaun Livingston, Marcus Banks, and Jacque Vaughn could make an argument, but, like Harris, none of them makes very much difference at that end. With the new rules, there's no such thing as a truly good point guard anymore; all a guard can do is funnel and try to contain the damage.

VaSpursFan
01-03-2007, 01:34 PM
right now...

since that's his player, who would else would he say? it's all about giving your player props through the media to make him play at a high level. it's psych 101.

LEONARD
01-03-2007, 01:55 PM
since that's his player, who would else would he say? it's all about giving your player props through the media to make him play at a high level. it's psych 101.

Who's better? (that actually plays a lot)

stretch
01-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Who's better? (that actually plays a lot)
honestly, i dont see anyone that really is. maybe Allen Iverson, but his defense is mainly playing the passing lanes well, which Harris is also good at. but i dont think any PG in the west takes as many charges as Harris and plays the solid overall defense that he can.

ponky
01-03-2007, 02:20 PM
i love the way harris has learned how to take a charge, he's gotten so good at it this season

Mr Dio
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
right now...

If not Devin Harris, who???

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/131961.jpg

I'm suprised Leo isn't nominating a PG from pride or some other Jap/Slav org. :lol :lol
Leo, you know basketball about as bad as you know MMA. :lol :lol

mabber
01-03-2007, 03:36 PM
right now...

Harris has definitely gotten better at the defensive end of the court but I don't see enough of the other guys to be able to have an opinion. You have to see these guys a lot to be able to know and I doubt there are many on here that have.

I've seen T.Parker and Nash a lot and Harris is definitely better on the defensive end than those two but that's not saying much. My sister could break down Nash :lol

Bruno
01-03-2007, 03:52 PM
i love the way harris has learned how to take a charge, he's gotten so good at it this season

:downspin:
For Harris and _irk, it's taking a charge.
For Manu, it's flopping.

mabber
01-03-2007, 03:56 PM
For Manu, it's flopping.

:lol Dirk has never taken a charge in his life. He just steps aside and slaps at the ball :lol

VaSpursFan
01-03-2007, 03:57 PM
i think earl watson is the better defender. he averages just as many steals and blocks as harris but in less minutes per game. him an harris are neck and neck for the best pg defenders.

mabber
01-03-2007, 04:00 PM
i think earl watson is the better defender. he averages just as many steals and blocks as harris but in less minutes per game. him an harris are neck and neck for the best pg defenders.

Could be. I've been very impressed with his overall play in the 2 games he's played vs. the Mavs. I think he should start over Luke but I can only base that opinion on those 2 games.

stretch
01-03-2007, 04:11 PM
For Manu, it's flopping.
well its cuz Manu is already laying on the fucking ground before someone even drives, and he still manages to get a call. sure, Dirk and Harris flop, as all players in the league do. but Manu takes it to another level. Hes like the new Vlade Divac or something.

Bruno
01-03-2007, 04:22 PM
To answer at the question, Harris is playing very good defense this year, even if he is maybe not the best defensive PG in the west.

Dirk41MVP
01-03-2007, 10:59 PM
there's nothing wrong with this argument. Avery's right

dirk4mvp
01-03-2007, 11:08 PM
I thought it was Mike Bibby.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2007, 11:23 PM
harris is overrated

dirk4mvp
01-03-2007, 11:26 PM
harris is underrated

yeah, he is.

dave
01-03-2007, 11:41 PM
beno
udrih

cornbread
01-04-2007, 12:04 AM
For Manu, it's flopping.

I thought that was pretty funny too. Wait for the "but Manu takes it to another level" reply. Oops, it's already there!

stretch
01-04-2007, 12:08 AM
I thought that was pretty funny too. Wait for the "but Manu takes it to another level" reply. Oops, it's already there!
LOL, that was ALMOST a witty response! oh wait... fuck... no it wasnt. dammit.

JamStone
01-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Devin Harris is easily the best point guard defender in the entire NBA. Forget about just the Western Conference. He's better than Hinrich or Kidd too. Watson is a solid defender, but he doesn't have as quick of feet as Harris. Harris almost always appears to stay in front of his man in a squared defensive position. He has quick hands as well as feet. And, he has nice long arms to bother not only the dribble, but both pass attempts and shot attempts. I think he's the best point guard defender in the league, and by a comfortable margin.

Fillmoe
01-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Earl Watson

dirk4mvp
01-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Earl Watson

Mike Bibby

cornbread
01-04-2007, 01:10 AM
LOL, that was ALMOST a witty response! oh wait... fuck... no it wasnt. dammit.

That was brutal Stretch. Save that smack for the smack thread!

Fillmoe
01-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Mike Bibby

retarded children with no hands play better d than mike bibby

Texas_Ranger
01-04-2007, 01:21 AM
I woud say Bibby.

mavsfan1000
01-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Bibby good on defense? :lmao

RonMexico
01-04-2007, 01:58 AM

You mean, he's learned how to sell a charge to the refs... you'll be hard-pressed to find a Spurs or Suns fan that has been victimized by the Harris flop to agree with you here.

If you disagree - watch the Barbosa "charge" in slow motion in the 4th quarter of the Suns/Mavs game... then proceed to watch whatever charges he "takes" against the Spurs this Friday... I'll be watching closely and we can re-confer on here...

mabber
01-04-2007, 09:58 AM
You mean, he's learned how to sell a charge to the refs... you'll be hard-pressed to find a Spurs or Suns fan that has been victimized by the Harris flop to agree with you here.

If you disagree - watch the Barbosa "charge" in slow motion in the 4th quarter of the Suns/Mavs game... then proceed to watch whatever charges he "takes" against the Spurs this Friday... I'll be watching closely and we can re-confer on here...

Harris apparently has balls though. To attempt to take a charge from Barbosa out away from the basket is crazy. Barbosa is so damn quick & fast!

That charging call in Suns/Mavs game was questionable for sure.

MrChug
01-04-2007, 10:18 AM

And he can block shots.

hero03msu
01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Give Darrell Armstrong some credit for Harris' ability to take a charge, this is something that he just started doing last season toward the end of February. DA has made a career of being very effective taking charges.

stretch
01-04-2007, 12:18 PM

STFU

mabber
01-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Give Darrell Armstrong some credit for Harris' ability to take a charge, this is something that he just started doing last season toward the end of February. DA has made a career of being very effective taking charges.

I totally agree. DA took Harris under his wing and taught him a lot while he was in Dallas.

RonMexico
01-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Harris apparently has balls though. To attempt to take a charge from Barbosa out away from the basket is crazy. Barbosa is so damn quick & fast!

That charging call in Suns/Mavs game was questionable for sure.

I know - I'm just still bitter... I'm sure I'd like Harris on the Suns...

RonMexico
01-04-2007, 03:21 PM
STFU

you're the most worthless human being on the planet... Jerry Stackhouse is a close second.

dirk4mvp
01-04-2007, 04:24 PM
I know - I'm just still bitter... I'm sure I'd like Harris on the Suns...

This after you said there's nobody on the Mavs you'd like on the Suns. :drunk

stretch
01-04-2007, 05:05 PM
you're the most worthless human being on the planet... Jerry Stackhouse is a close second.
If my dog was as ugly as you, I'd shave his butt, and tell him to walk backwards.

LEONARD
01-04-2007, 05:53 PM
If my dog was as ugly as you, I'd shave his butt, and tell him to walk backwards.

Man, not only is that harsh, but EXTREMELY original!! Good one man!!

Whatcha got now Ron Mexico??? :fro

dirk4mvp
01-04-2007, 10:46 PM
The Sandlot references = :tu