PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young AP Rookie of the year.

2centsworth
01-03-2007, 01:48 PM
don't have a link

Extra Stout
01-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Merill Hoge disagrees with this pick. He would have gone with Santonio Holmes.

Extra Stout
01-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Of course we should mention that Merill Hoge is functionally retarted.

2centsworth
01-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Santonio Holmes? He must have been joking or he is no longer as journalist and just a Steeler Cheerleader.

stretch
01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Merrill Hoge is a fucking moron. say, where is JGW? i wonder what he will say about this.

MajorMike
01-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Of course, anything he has to say is gospel and the smartest thing ever uttered.

Holmes_Fans
01-03-2007, 07:20 PM
How would Merril Hodge pick Santonio Holmes over that Marquese Colston kid? Holmes only has 2 receiving touchdowns and 1 punt return. Hodge is a frickin retard

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Jones-Drew should have gotten a little more love, IMO.

01-03-2007, 08:06 PM
How would Merril Hodge pick Santonio Holmes over that Marquese Colston kid? Holmes only has 2 receiving touchdowns and 1 punt return. Hodge is a frickin retard

Just remember that Hoge played for the Steelers. That's all you need to know.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Merrill Hoge is a fucking moron. say, where is JGW? i wonder what he will say about this.

its ridiculous, vyoung was nowhere near the best rookie. the titans had some success later in the year and the media thought vyoung's play had something to do with...it did not.

Holmes_Fans
01-03-2007, 10:05 PM
VY did alot better with alot less. I can't count how many dropped TD passes his shitty receivers had.

The only other person that would of deserved it was Maurice Jones-Drew. I really hope that you don't think RB or Leinart deserved it.

LB7
01-03-2007, 11:08 PM
its ridiculous, vyoung was nowhere near the best rookie. the titans had some success later in the year and the media thought vyoung's play had something to do with...it did not.
You and Hoge would be great friends. Why can't you give the guy any credit? Even Salisbury, a USC alum, can say the guy is a star. What is your excuse? Oh yeah, and if the wins had nothing to do with Young, then who did they have to do with?

stretch
01-03-2007, 11:19 PM
prove that it wasnt. give me some reasons to believe that Vince Young had NOTHING to do with their success at the end of the season. if you cant, then shut the fuck up.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Oh yeah, and if the wins had nothing to do with Young, then who did they have to do with?

...i never said vyoung does not deserve any credit, i am saying he doesn't deserve much. and to answer your question:

1. special teams
2. kicker
3. defense
4. travis henry
5. o-line

stretch
01-03-2007, 11:22 PM
...i never said vyoung does not deserve any credit, i am saying he doesn't deserve much.

well what the fuck do you call this?

"the titans had some success later in the year and the media thought vyoung's play had something to do with...it did not."

wrong again, fuckface.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2007, 11:28 PM
well what the fuck do you call this?

"the titans had some success later in the year and the media thought vyoung's play had something to do with...it did not."

wrong again, fuckface.

yeah, his play had nothing to do with his teams success, but the you have to get something out of the QB position...he has to be able to breathe.

so let me be clear, is it b/c of vyoung the team did well the end of the year...no, but obviously he deserves a LITTLE credit, albeit small, since he was the QB. understand?

LB7
01-03-2007, 11:35 PM
...i never said vyoung does not deserve any credit, i am saying he doesn't deserve much. and to answer your question:

1. special teams
2. kicker
3. defense
4. travis henry
5. o-line
Special teams of course. Pac-Man did an outstanding job. Kicker, yes. Vince, himself said what a great job Bironas did for them and that he knew if he got into range, Bironas would get the job done. Defense...give me a break. A very good 3 TD game and a few good plays was all. I watched the D play and its just flat out painful. Travis Henry did a good job but Young has something to do with that as well. But, give Henry his credit. O-line...of course they did their part. VYoung led them...won games with his feet and his arm. QB, the hardest position to learn and he did a fantastic job at it. End of story. He is your offensive rookie of the year. I would have been fine with Colston or Jones-Drew but in the end, they were on much better teams and Vince did a lot with very little. End of discussion. You really shouldn't even argue.

Fillmoe
01-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Usc Lost Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guru of Nothing
01-03-2007, 11:52 PM
(1) VinceYoungBlackley
(2) MJD
(3) Tie - Colston and Bush

stretch
01-03-2007, 11:55 PM
yeah, his play had nothing to do with his teams success, but the you have to get something out of the QB position...he has to be able to breathe.

so let me be clear, is it b/c of vyoung the team did well the end of the year...no, but obviously he deserves a LITTLE credit, albeit small, since he was the QB. understand?
LOL. that was the worst fucking response i have ever seen. you now hold the title of "most fucking retarded dumbshit" on this forum.

johngateswhiteley
01-04-2007, 12:02 AM
LOL. that was the worst fucking response i have ever seen. you now hold the title of "most fucking retarded dumbshit" on this forum.

apparently, you have not mastered the english language...not my problem. have someone explain it to you.

Willinsa
01-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah VY did not lead his team to victory on those last drives, all condom fans will forever hate VY since he punked them in their own back yard. I'm waiting for Leinhart to say that he is better than VY, who can forget his pussy remark after the RB last year.

stretch
01-04-2007, 12:07 AM
apparently, you have not mastered the english language...not my problem. have someone explain it to you.
apparently you dont know a fucking thing about football if you say that the only thing that Vince Young did good was breathe. have someone explain... well... just about everything there is to know about football, because you clearly have minimal to no knowledge of the game whatsoever.

01-04-2007, 12:09 AM
I thought Jones-Drew should have won it. He led all running backs in YPC and scored a rushing TD in 8 straight games to close out the year.

johngateswhiteley
01-04-2007, 12:21 AM
I thought Jones-Drew should have won it. He led all running backs in YPC and scored a rushing TD in 8 straight games to close out the year.

well, there is no doubt he was better than vyoung this year.

Fillmoe
01-04-2007, 12:45 AM
did i mention USC stay losing?

Guru of Nothing
01-04-2007, 12:47 AM

Wins don't count? Are you a Raider fan?

Mr Dio
01-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Wins don't count? Are you a Raider fan?

:lol

BeerIsGood!
01-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Vince Young is the fucking man. Anyone who disputes that hates UT or VY so much that they will dispute the obvious. Sad.

LB7
01-04-2007, 12:07 PM
LMAO I love how JGW likes to give the defense most of the credit for the Titans success when they ranked dead LAST in the league in total yards given up at 369.7 ypg. JGW, you are a complete joke and have proved right there that you have not followed the Titans AT ALL and have no knowledge whatsoever. Your main goal is to put down Vince and you prove that when you say things that are not even logical. If you really watched and followed the team, maybe someone would take your opinions on the team more seriously. When you say things just to say them and take away from a great player and leader, then you will just get laughed at repeatedly. How could you ever, in your right mind, say the defense was more important in the wins than Vince?

johnsmith
01-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Personally, I would have given ROY of Colston or Jones-Drew. However, I can see the logic in this pick as well. I don't like VY, and I think his numbers were too shitty to deserve ROY, but he still led a fucking terrible team to a lot of wins they probably shouldn't have gotten and that's saying a lot.

samikeyp
01-04-2007, 12:27 PM

so then all the media who voted, and all the pundits and experts who agreed with this...are wrong?

On the same logic....Reggie Bush would deserve a LITTLE credit because his team did well throughout the year.

Ballcox
01-04-2007, 12:48 PM
^Just look at the post I made regarding Whiteley and his response in the college forum, it's obvious that if you cheer for any player or team that isn't in his 'inner' circle, you're wrong about your team or player, period. He's not objective, and never has been since he's been on this board. It's now just carrying over to the NFL board since Vince is getting props for ROY. It also goes to further show Vince was the real Heisman winner last year, not Reggie Bush and his pretender ass. Vince will also only continue to get better, he knows how to win and guys want to play hard for him. It's going to be fun watching Vince have all kinds of success as an NFL QB while Leinart and Bush creep along in his shadow. :drunk

2centsworth
01-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Vince Young is an average QB during the regular course of a game, but sometimes he can get hot and dominate from start to finsih.

What makes Vince special is what he does on 3rd downs, what he does during crucial possesions of a game, and what he does in the 4th quarter. During those times in a football game Vince is one of the best in football maybe only second to Tom Brady.

Travis Henry calls it "Vince Magic".

01-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Personally, I would have given ROY of Colston or Jones-Drew. However, I can see the logic in this pick as well. I don't like VY, and I think his numbers were too shitty to deserve ROY, but he still led a fucking terrible team to a lot of wins they probably shouldn't have gotten and that's saying a lot.

+1

VY had way too many games (7) where he completed less than 50% of his passes for my liking.

1. MJD - put up great numbers splitting time (1400 total yards, 5.7 YPC and 16 total TDs)

2. VY - numbers weren't there but found a way to win games on a bad team

3. Colston - would have won if he didn't get injured

2centsworth
01-04-2007, 02:04 PM
+1

VY had way too many games (7) where he completed less than 50% of his passes for my liking. doesn't running for 70 yrds with 1-2 tds make up for that. Especially since some of his biggest runs occur on 3rd down?

1. MJD - put up great numbers splitting time (1400 total yards, 5.7 YPC and 16 total TDs)MJD was awesome and I wouldn't have much of a problem with him winning it.
The only difference is that Vince QB for a sorry Titans team that started 0-5.

2. VY - numbers weren't there but found a way to win games on a bad team he rushed for more yards than any rookie QB in history(or last 30 years). Plus, did you get to see some of his TD runs? Take a look at Vince's stats on 3rd down and in the 4th qtr, I bet they are much more to your liking.

3. Colston - would have won if he didn't get injured maybe

Willinsa
01-04-2007, 02:10 PM
^Just look at the post I made regarding Whiteley and his response in the college forum, it's obvious that if you cheer for any player or team that isn't in his 'inner' circle, you're wrong about your team or player, period. He's not objective, and never has been since he's been on this board. It's now just carrying over to the NFL board since Vince is getting props for ROY. It also goes to further show Vince was the real Heisman winner last year, not Reggie Bush and his pretender ass. Vince will also only continue to get better, he knows how to win and guys want to play hard for him. It's going to be fun watching Vince have all kinds of success as an NFL QB while Leinart and Bush creep along in his shadow. :drunk

He's a fucking idiot, that about says it all. He's a whiny bitch like Leinhart.

Extra Stout
01-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Merrill Hoge says that the media voted for Vince Young just to spite him because of their anti-Steeler bias.

01-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Why did you make me look at those stats? He's a 50% passer in the 4th too. His 3rd down completion % is awful (43%) and it made me find out how bad he was throwing the ball over 21 yards (10-53 19%).

2centsworth
01-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Why did you make me look at those stats? He's a 50% passer in the 4th too. His 3rd down completion % is awful (43%) and it made me find out how bad he was throwing the ball over 21 yards (10-53 19%).
let me break it down for you a little further, over 60% of his touchdowns came on 3rd or 4th down.

66% of his passing touchdowns occurred in the second half.

The guy produces points when the game matters!

Also, if they could work Rushing stats into his passer rating what would it be?

01-04-2007, 06:22 PM
You want to hear something funny?

78% of another rookie QB's TDs came on 3rd or 4th Down.

56% of his passing TDs occurred in the second half.

Only 33% of his INTs occurred in the second half compared to VY throwing 62% of his in the second half.

Guess who.

Give up?

None other than Bruce Gradkowski. And I only compared the two because they are both rookies...

leemajors
01-04-2007, 06:27 PM
ehh, wins are way more important than stats in my book. then again i could give a shit less about fantasy football.

01-04-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't like using W/L record as a QB stat. No doubt VY was responsible for a few wins, but he also got credit for a few when he did absolutely nothing.

Plus, a QB can have a great day(250+ yards, 2-3 TDs, no INTs) and still take a loss.

W/L is a team stat.

stretch
01-04-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't like using W/L record as a QB stat. No doubt VY was responsible for a few wins, but he also got credit for a few when he did absolutely nothing.

Plus, a QB can have a great day(250+ yards, 2-3 TDs, no INTs) and still take a loss.

W/L is a team stat.
oh really? then how come NO ONE considers Dan Marino to be a better QB than guys like John Elway or Joe Montana??? Dan had superior stats to such guys, so why isnt he the greatest of all time?

leemajors
01-04-2007, 06:35 PM

W/L is a team stat.

i was stating my general opinion more or less, not trying to point out anything specific. VY was a big factor in a lot of those wins, and the team took off in a much better direction when he got the starting job (save that game vs dallas). his team believes they have a better chance when he's in the lineup, and if it gives them confidence that's all that matters.

leemajors
01-04-2007, 06:38 PM
oh really? then how come NO ONE considers Dan Marino to be a better QB than guys like John Elway or Joe Montana??? Dan had superior stats to such guys, so why isnt he the greatest of all time?

plenty of people consider marino the best qb of all time because of his stats.

2centsworth
01-04-2007, 07:01 PM
You want to hear something funny?

78% of another rookie QB's TDs came on 3rd or 4th Down.

56% of his passing TDs occurred in the second half.

Only 33% of his INTs occurred in the second half compared to VY throwing 62% of his in the second half.

Guess who.

Give up?

None other than Bruce Gradkowski. And I only compared the two because they are both rookies...
I looked at Leinarts and other QBs and Vince was way better. It didn't even occur to me to use Bruce, you must of went through a lot of QBs to eventually get to him......

I just looked at Bruce he had 9 TDs total.:lol and threw for less than 2k yrds. Again you must of went through a lot of QBs to come up with him.

Vince had 18 TD's, 2200 yrds passing and almost 600 yrds rushing in 13 games.

01-04-2007, 07:08 PM

Did you notice the part where I said "I don't like...", meaning strictly my POV.

As for Marino, he was much like Manning is now in the playoffs. He won a lot of regular season games and played horribly in the playoffs (something like a 75 passer rating). Greatness on that level means winning in the playoffs.

And I don't think those two are automatically the greatest of all-time. The game has changed so much since the inception of the SB it really wouldn't be fair to guys like Graham, Unitas, Baugh, YA Tittle, etc. to anoint either.

stretch
01-04-2007, 07:09 PM
plenty of people consider marino the best qb of all time because of his stats.
how true you are. however, anyone who knows a damn thing about football wouldnt say that.

stretch
01-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Did you notice the part where I said "I don't like...", meaning strictly my POV.

As for Marino, he was much like Manning is now in the playoffs. He won a lot of regular season games and played horribly in the playoffs (something like a 75 passer rating). Greatness on that level means winning in the playoffs.

And I don't think those two are automatically the greatest of all-time. The game has changed so much since the inception of the SB it really wouldn't be fair to guys like Graham, Unitas, Baugh, YA Tittle, etc. to anoint either.
lol, whatever man. its funny how you would go to such great lengths to discredit Vince Young, to the point that you would say that Joe Montana and John Elway are among the greatest QBs to ever play the game. its quite sad actually.

01-04-2007, 07:32 PM
lol, whatever man. its funny how you would go to such great lengths to discredit Vince Young, to the point that you would say that Joe Montana and John Elway are among the greatest QBs to ever play the game. its quite sad actually.

I know they are, that what I said. Among is the key word. It should be a discussion that involves guys who played with different rules, in a different era, not a coronation of recent greatness.

I know, I know, still filled with the hatred for VY. I mean, after all, he's no Jon Kitna. Not even in the same league...

leemajors
01-04-2007, 08:00 PM
stretch, dude gave young props - "stats weren't there, but found a way to win on a bad team." i don't think he's even trying to discredit VY in the slightest, more playing devil's advocate.

Extra Stout
01-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Merrill Hoge just said that whenever he gets a GM job, he's hiring JGW as his head of scouting.

Mr Dio
01-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Merrill Hoge just said that whenever he gets a GM job, he's hiring JGW as his head of scouting.

With the 1st pick in the draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select, Javorskie Lane. :lol :lol :lol

Pistons < Spurs
01-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Jones Drew got screwed.

Youngs numbers are terrible. A 66.7 (ranks 30th) QB rating does not equal rookie player of the year. 51.5% (ranks 32nd) completion ratio is not a stat that garners a player of the year award. 13 INT's to 12 TD's (3.6 INT ratio ranks 22nd) does not equate to a post season award. 2200 passing yards (ranks 26th) does not give him the award.

The ONLY positive stat he has to his credit is surpassing 500 rushing !!! Whoopy!!!!!

Young is, too often IMO, given credit for 8 wins. Cough BULLSHIT Cough....

Vince made numerous outstanding plays during the year. Many of those plays ended up being THE deciding play of the game. But Young is not THE reason they won 8 games.

Wins and losses is not a individual stat. It's a team stat. While the QB is a larger portion of 'it' compared to other position players, and often receives the lions share of the criticism, they do also deserve the majority of the praise. But if you really look at the wins, there were many other factors involved nearly every single time that probably outshined what VY did.

I honestly HATE agreeing with johngateswhiteley (no offense man!!) as he's WAY to homerish with his USC and Leinart love, and typically comes across as nothing more than an unobjective hater. But he's right. Pacman and Bironas were IMO more responsible for the wins than Young. Norm Chow, and his football IQ, the Specail Team pay, Travis Henry, and yes, the Defense were just as responsible for the 8 wins as Young was.

Lets look at those 8 wins. (quotes come from game recaps on ESPN)

Week 6

25-22 @ Washington

VY Stats:

passing 13/25 162yds 1 TD 0 INT 52.0 completion% 6.44 YardsPerAttempt 85.6 QB rating

rushing 7 carries 9yds

Key stats of the game:

Henry: 32 carries 178 yards

+2 turnover ratio

Plays of the game:

"Play: Washington's A. Montgomery is called for a face mask penalty.

The Titans receive a gift while trailing 14-13 in the 3rd quarter. Montgomery's face mask against V. Young sets up 1st-and-goal from the 2 yard line, rather than 3rd-and-goal from the 3. The Titans eventually push the ball in to take a 20-14 lead."

A timely penalty helps them take the lead.

"Casey Cramer then blocked a punt, and the ball rolled out of the end zone for a safety that made the score 22-14."

special teams...

"The Redskins rallied early in the fourth period with a touchdown set up by a 52-yard pass to Brandon Lloyd -- only the eighth catch of the season for an offseason acquisition who had been a major disappointment. Clinton Portis scored on a 4-yard run, and Mark Brunell hit Santana Moss for the 2-point conversion to tie the score with 10:57 remaining.

The Titans weren't rattled. The winning points came after a short punt by Derrick Frost was returned 14 yards by Adam "Pacman" Jones to the Redskins 43. Five consecutive running plays moved the ball in position for Bironas' 30-yarder."

No VY, handed it off 5 times.

"Tennessee intercepts M. Brunell's pass with 1 minute left.
The Titans thwart any Redskins comeback hopes by picking Brunell's pass at midfield with just over a minute left. The stop preserves the 25-22 victory."

Defense secures it!

--------------------------

Week 8

28-22 vs Houston

VY Stats:

passing 7/15 87yds 1 TD 0 INT 46.7 completion% 5.80 YardsPerAttempt 85.6 QB rating

rushing 4 carries 44yds

Key stats of the game:

+5 turnover ratio

"Houston outgained the Titans 427 yards to just 197 yards in total offense."

"Play: Houston's Bryan Pittman is flagged for pass interference, an 18 yard penalty.

With 3 mintues to play in the first quarter and the game tied at 0-0, the Titans get a free 1st down on their own 29 yard line, keeping the drive alive."

Alot of timely penalties kept them alive throughout the season.

"Play: Vince Young scrambles 20 yards for a touchdown.

With the game knotted up at 0-0 with 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, Young tucks the ball on 3rd-and-7 from 20 yards out and scrambles for a TD to give the Titans a 7-0 lead."

Big play +7

"Play: Tony Brown recovers a David Carr fumble, returning it for a touchdown."

Defense scores!

"Play: Adam "Pacman" Jones returns a punt 53 yards for a touchdown.

The Titans force a Houston punt with 11 minutes left while leading 21-10, and Jones puts the game out of reach as he scoots 53 yards for a TD."

Special teams closes this one!

---------------------------------

Week 11

31-13 @ Philly

VY Stats:

passing 8/22 101yds 1 TD 0 INT 36.4 completion% 4.59 YardsPerAttempt 66.7 QB rating

rushing 6 carries 49yds 1TD

Key stats of the game:

Henry: 18 carries 143 yards 1 TD

+2 turn over ratio

Second play of the second qtr, McNabb is injured, ending his season

Travis Henry runs for a 70 yard TD.

"Play: Stephen Tulloch intercepts Donovan McNabb's pass.

On a 3rd-and-goal from the 1 yard line with the Eagles trailing 7-0 in the 1st, Tulloch picks off McNabb's pass to L.J. Smith in the endzone for a touchback. Instead of the Eagles tying the game early, the Titans gain possession with a 7 point lead."

Again, defense having a big role in the Titan wins.

"Play: Pacman Jones returns Dirk Johnson's punt for a 90 yard TD.

With the Titans holding an unlikely 17-6 lead in the 3rd quarter, Jones takes a punt back for a long TD to push the lead to 24-6, giving the Titans a 3 score lead."

Special teams keep producing.

"The Eagles had chances for big plays on defense, but Brian Dawkins and Lito Sheppard each dropped interceptions that could've been returned for TDs."

VY was fortunate. Both should have been TD's which would have made this a completely different game.

---------------------------------

Week 12

24-21 vs Giants

VY Stats:

passing 24/35 249 yds 2 TD 0 INT 68.6 completion% 7.11 YardsPerAttempt 107.9 QB rating (His best game by far at this point)

rushing 10 carries 69 yds 1 TD

Key stats of the game:

+0 turn over ratio

"Young rallies Titans from 21-point deficit to stun Giants"

"After giving up 21 points in the first half, the Titans shored up their defense and found a hero as Vince Young led his team to 24 second-half points. Young was 15-of-22 in the second half with no interceptions and caught the run-conscious Giants defense flat-footed. Using the shotgun formation that he was so familiar with at Texas almost exclusively in the second half, Young scored on all four of Tennessee's final possessions. The Giants didn't help their cause with Eli Manning throwing two interceptions in the second half."

"The Titans cornerback intercepted two passes and had a 23-yard punt return that revived his teammates in the fourth quarter. "

VY showed up in the 2nd half. He looked like a savy veteran. Composed, and making plays.

But, as the quote states, alot of other factors were in play. First, it was Eli. He again, melted in the second half of a game. The defense was much improved and made a difference. Fisher must have given one hell of a hlaf time speech, because the entire team pulled a 180, They were a different team in the 2nd.

--------------------------------

Week 13

20-17 vs Colts

VY Stats:

passing 15/25 163 yds 2 TD 2 INT 60.0 completion% 6.52 YardsPerAttempt 72.6 QB rating

rushing 9 carries 78 yds 0 TD

Key stats of the game:

+0 turn over ratio

Henry: 20 carries 93 yards 0 TD

Young, who drove the Titans 95 yards in 11 plays, put them ahead 17-14 with a 9-yard pass to Brandon Jones in the fourth quarter.
quote]

Without doubt, VY's best drive of his young career.

[quote]Play: Ben Utecht is called for offensive pass interference, a 10 yard penalty.

Two yards from the end zone, the Colts have less than four minutes to play and trail 17-14 when Utecht shoots the team in the foot with a pass interference penalty. The penalty moves the offense back out to the 12 yard line and the Colts will end up settling for a field goal. This makes the difference: the Titans will win by three.

Big break. If that was ruled a TD, the game would not have gone in the win collumn for the Titans.

Play: Rob Bironas hits a 60-yard game winning field goal.

With just 12 seconds to play, Rob Bironas hits a 60 yard, game winning field goal for the Titans. The kick ties for the 4th-longest field goal in NFL history.

HUGE play by the kicker. Clutch. VY got them in position, but he didn't really do any favors for the kicker making him have to go for 60.

-----------------------------------

Week 14

26-20 @ Houston

VY Stats:

passing 19/29 218 yds 0 TD 1 INT 65.5 completion% 7.52 YardsPerAttempt 73.6 QB rating

rushing 7 carries 86 yds 1 TD

Key stats of the game:

-2 turn over ratio

Play: Vince Young scrambles for a 39-yard touchdown.

The Titans are facing a 3rd-and-14 in overtime from 39 yards out when Young wins the game, scrambling up the middle for a touchdown. Instead of a possible 57-yard field goal attempt, the Titans win their fourth straight game.

Play of the game ... maybe play of the year for the entire NFL.

He made it look so easy.

The Texans could not sustain drives -- they were 2-for-11 on third down (18 percent). Of Houston's 12 possessions, only four lasted more than five plays. Houston must find a way to keep its defense off the field longer.

It's Houston.

Big emotional game though for VY in Houston

------------------------------

Week 15

24-17 vs Jax

VY Stats:

passing 8/15 85 yds 0 TD INT 53.3 completion% 5.67 YardsPerAttempt 70.1 QB rating

rushing 4 carries 4 yds 0 TD

Key stats of the game:

+4 turn over ratio

Four turnovers proved to be just too costly for Jacksonville. With the Jaguars outgaining the Titans in every offensive category, three interceptions thrown by David Garrard (above), two of which were returned for touchdowns, plus a Jaguars fumble that was returned 92 yards for a touchdown were the difference.

On Sunday, Young and the offense couldn't move the ball against the Jaguars. So the Titans' defense beat up David Garrard and returned turnovers 83, 92 and 61 yards for touchdowns and beat Jacksonville 24-17 for their fifth straight victory.
Adam "Pacman" Jones returned an interception 83 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter for a 7-0 lead. Then the Titans broke open a 10-10 game in the third quarter despite the Jaguars running 32 consecutive offensive plays -- not counting a penalty that nullified a 33rd.

Finnegan picked up Garrard's fumble and returned it for the go-ahead TD with 4:51 left in the third period. Six plays later, safety Chris Hope picked off a pass and ran 61 yards up the left sideline for a 24-10 lead.

Credit a franchise-record three defensive TDs and a team-record 370 yards of returns.

The Titans had the ball for only 96 seconds in the third quarter and 15:38 overall and finished with a season-low 98 yards of offense.

But it was Tennessee's defense, statistically the worst in the league allowing 364.4 yards per game, that made the biggest plays. The weary Titans even kept the Jaguars out of the end zone despite Jacksonville having first-and-goal at the Tennessee 6 midway through the fourth quarter.

Obviously VY had NOTHING to do with this victory.

-----------------------------------

Week 16

30-29 # Buffalo

VY Stats:

passing 13/20 183 yds 2 TD 0 INT 65.0 completion% 9.15 YardsPerAttempt 127.7 QB rating

rushing 8 carries 61 yds 1 TD

Key stats of the game:

+2 turn over ratio

Henry 25 carries 135 yards

Young threw two touchdown passes and rushed for another to engineer his fourth comeback in the fourth quarter or overtime. This time, he helped Tennessee overcome a 29-20 deficit in the final 12 minutes. After hitting Brandon Jones for a 29-yard touchdown pass, Young engineered a 14-play, 75-yard drive, which Rob Bironas capped with a 30-yard field goal with 2:10 left.

Young's most electrifying play came at the end of the first half, when he scored on a 36-yard keeper on a fourth-and-2.

Play: Vince Young scrambles 36 yards for a touchdown.

Trailing 16-13 with 14 seconds to play in the 1st half, Young pulls the ball down on 4th-and-2 from 36 yards out and weaves his way to the end zone. The touchdown run gives the Titans a 20-16 lead.

Play: J.P. Losman is intercepted by Ronaldo Hill with 57 seconds to play.

The Bills trail 30-29 with a minute to play when they decide to go for it on 4th-and-5 instead of attempting a 45-yard field goal that would put them up by 2. Losman is unable to find an open receiver and tosses up a Hail Mary, which Hill intercepts.

VY had a great game. He had the big highlight play, but when it came down to it, the victory was secured by the defense, and poor decision making on behalf of the Bills

------------------------------------

VY was personaly responsible for 2 maybe 3 wins. The defense and specail teams .... Pacman ... were IMO responsible for just as many wins. Notice how in most of the wins, The Titans have a good advantage in the +/_ category.

I find it very hard to give the award to VY when his individual stats ....and this is an individual award....were so poor.

He is basically the Carmello Anthony of the NFL. Bush is Lebron. Leinart might be Wade. ESPN and other media outlets want to talk about VY and Bush. And to his credit, VY has had a few superstar plays for them to play over and over. But just because there is hype, does not mean he deserves it all.

While the Titan defense was piss poor, and people want to assume they didn't help VY look good, they did rank # 5 in the +/- stat. That alone allowed the offense ... VY... to secure victories.

Give VY all the love you want. Crown his ass already. But the fact is that he was not all that special. the defense, special teams and whistles were just as important when adding up the total number of team victories.

VY has the intangibles. He has "IT". By far his biggest asset to me, is his leadership. He's a born leader. So many QB's get drafted without this quality, and fail. VY, when his days are done could be one of the better QB's to have played the game. We see glimpses of it.

But.....

His performance, his numbers and the teams wins this year does not equate to a ROY.

That's my opinion.

johngateswhiteley
01-05-2007, 01:59 AM
Piston>Spurs-
...while i disagree that i am way to homerish with Leinart and USC (who has been the best football team the last 5 years in CFB? and Leinart was the best rookie QB, imo) i am very glad you posted this. sometimes i don't feel like going into depth on all my arguments to help prove them....but you did. Kudos! btw, i only post as much Leinart and Bush stuff as i do to combat the crazy vyoung love around here. if you noticed i haven't posted much of anything about it in the NFL forum anymore...it bores me. but, USC is on one hell of a run and i am going to enjoy it...probably best team in the country again next year, but i am glad the Trojans got to make the media and michigan fans look foolish. makes me feel all warm inside...

i would have given the ROY award, by far, to Drew. he finished the season strong and should have have gotten it easily....i don't even have a second place finisher, nobody was close.

Pistons < Spurs
01-05-2007, 02:25 AM
Piston>Spurs-
...while i disagree that i am way to homerish with Leinart and USC (who has been the best football team the last 5 years in CFB? and Leinart was the best rookie QB, imo) i am very glad you posted this. sometimes i don't feel like going into depth on all my arguments to help prove them....but you did. Kudos! btw, i only post as much Leinart and Bush stuff as i do to combat the crazy vyoung love around here. if you noticed i haven't posted much of anything about it in the NFL forum anymore...it bores me. but, USC is on one hell of a run and i am going to enjoy it...probably best team in the country again next year, but i am glad the Trojans got to make the media and michigan fans look foolish. makes me feel all warm inside...

i would have given the ROY award, by far, to Drew. he finished the season strong and should have have gotten it easily....i don't even have a second place finisher, nobody was close.

LOL like I said, no offense meant, but it's not difficult to see where your allegiance lays, and often times it appears that there is a carryover of your USC love into your arguments.

But like I said, I agree with many of your general arguments and statements. I just needed to post stats and facts to back it up.

That post did take much longer than I planned on committing to it! But I do think it shows a more truthful representation of exactly what VY was, and was not responsible for.

johngateswhiteley
01-05-2007, 03:20 AM
LOL like I said, no offense meant, but it's not difficult to see where your allegiance lays, and often times it appears that there is a carryover of your USC love into your arguments.

But like I said, I agree with many of your general arguments and statements. I just needed to post stats and facts to back it up.

That post did take much longer than I planned on committing to it! But I do think it shows a more truthful representation of exactly what VY was, and was not responsible for.

1. appearances can be deceiving... :spin
2. the fact that you agree with many of my sentiments must drive some other posters crazy...but hey, you're smart...you can't help it :spin
3. i am a seeker of truth...and i am glad you helped me in my quest, good work
4. i never take anything personal...keep up the good work!

...the post is wonderful and shows what you and i have been talking about. once again, nicely done and thank you for your time and effort.

01-05-2007, 05:55 AM

Both of you are just haters. It's funny the lengths you'll go, like posting what actually happened during the games, to discredit VY. Sad, really.

IMO, VY winning the award is much like Romo going to the Pro Bowl. Both had nice stretches, but their overall play was lacking for such awards and/or accomplishments.

johngateswhiteley
01-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Both of you are just haters. It's funny the lengths you'll go, like posting what actually happened during the games, to discredit VY. Sad, really.

IMO, VY winning the award is much like Romo going to the Pro Bowl. Both had nice stretches, but their overall play was lacking for such awards and/or accomplishments.

lol. so basically you agree with us then?

01-05-2007, 06:54 AM
lol. so basically you agree with us then?

Yep, I'm still on the fence(wait and see approach) with VY. He made a lot of plays with his legs and not nearly as many with his arm. Defenses will eventually catch up and make him win games with his arm ala Vick. I do think he is a better passer than Vick but the fact is that he needs to be able to read defenses better (one read and react in college doesn't help). There is a lot, and I mean alot, of things he needs to do to get better, not unlike most rookie QBs. No question the kid has the intangibles to play the position and excel, though.

Oh, and BTW, everyone knows Vick is dog shit, right? Right?

johngateswhiteley
01-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Yep, I'm still on the fence(wait and see approach) with VY. He made a lot of plays with his legs and not nearly as many with his arm. Defenses will eventually catch up and make him win games with his arm ala Vick. I do think he is a better passer than Vick but the fact is that he needs to be able to read defenses better (one read and react in college doesn't help). There is a lot, and I mean alot, of things he needs to do to get better, not unlike most rookie QBs. No question the kid has the intangibles to play the position and excel, though.

...while i will give vyoung a few years before i make a full analysis, i don't like what i saw in his first year. plus, you're right, defenses will adjust and he will be forced to make more plays with his arm = not good.

vick? vick, like vyoung, has his moments....but right now, neither of them are good QBs. all you vyoung lovers, notice i said 'right now', i know vyoung is a rookie and vick is not....but that does not mean they both are not good QBs.

leemajors
01-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Jones Drew got screwed.

Youngs numbers are terrible. A 66.7 (ranks 30th) QB rating does not equal rookie player of the year. 51.5% (ranks 32nd) completion ratio is not a stat that garners a player of the year award. 13 INT's to 12 TD's (3.6 INT ratio ranks 22nd) does not equate to a post season award. 2200 passing yards (ranks 26th) does not give him the award.

again, VY's stats didn't win him the award. jones-drew may have got a few more votes if his team hadn't faded badly down the stretch.

johngateswhiteley
01-05-2007, 08:56 AM
again, VY's stats didn't win him the award.

precisely, and when you can argue, as piston<spurs and i have, that vyoung had little to do with the titans 8 wins....then there is really no reason for him to win the award at all. his stats were poor and his play on the field did not really attribute to more than 1-2 wins...shame really.

leemajors
01-05-2007, 09:01 AM
precisely, and when you can argue, as piston<spurs and i have, that vyoung had little to do with the titans 8 wins....then there is really no reason for him to win the award at all. his stats were poor and his play on the field did not really attribute to more than 1-2 wins...shame really.

go ask young's teammates if he had anything to do with those wins, i think you'll get a different answer. then again, if you ask VY, he says it's all his teammates- pacman jones' surge also had a lot to do with it, but VY's confidence lifts the entire team. hell, ask jeff fisher or norm chow if he had anything to do with it. if you wanna gloss over stuff like that it's your prerogative. merrill hoge needs the support. :toast

MannyIsGod
01-05-2007, 09:39 AM
The vince young love is retarded. I think he's an exciting player to watch, but some of you have this huge internets chip on your shoulder that you just love to have knocked off so that you can argue how VY is going to cure world hunger and AIDS all while leading a fourth quarter drive. I don't mind the selection of young, but there were definitely options.

leemajors
01-05-2007, 09:50 AM
The vince young love is retarded. I think he's an exciting player to watch, but some of you have this huge internets chip on your shoulder that you just love to have knocked off so that you can argue how VY is going to cure world hunger and AIDS all while leading a fourth quarter drive. I don't mind the selection of young, but there were definitely options.

you forgot about cancer...

2centsworth
01-05-2007, 11:07 AM

I think that's a fair assessment.

Mr Dio
01-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Alright Mr. Dio!!! Stop it right now!!! I had fallen for your troll shennanigans until right now! This is too much!! :rollin :lol :lol :rollin

Reggie is the 2nd best rook on his team!! :lol
Him and Colston COMBINED equal 1/2 a VY!! :lol

I'd have to give Reggie a few more yrs before I can give him any credit.
He doesn't block DLs, He can barely throw, or loft I should say, Hey! He at least was on the field more than Leinart.

How did the MRI on Leinart's PUSSY turn out anyway? :lol :lol :lol

J.T.
01-06-2007, 04:25 AM
I have to agree, there is so much media hype around VY, and I hate announcers saying "Southern Cal knows exactly how dangerous Vince Young can be" every time he leads a successful drive. It's fucking bullshit. His stats across the board suck except for his 500 rushing yards. He's not a great passer and I think his skill is being blown out of proportion, one because he's VY, and two because the Titans were on the cusp of the playoffs after a 0-5 start, largely due to catching breaks from the other team, great special teams play and a few great defensive plays. He's exciting to watch and is a great playmaker sometimes, but I just can't believe Jones-Drew got screwed by a few Sportscenter plays and VY riding his teams coattails and media giving him all the credit.

johngateswhiteley
01-06-2007, 06:08 AM
I have to agree, there is so much media hype around VY, and I hate announcers saying "Southern Cal knows exactly how dangerous Vince Young can be" every time he leads a successful drive. It's fucking bullshit. His stats across the board suck except for his 500 rushing yards. He's not a great passer and I think his skill is being blown out of proportion, one because he's VY, and two because the Titans were on the cusp of the playoffs after a 0-5 start, largely due to catching breaks from the other team, great special teams play and a few great defensive plays. He's exciting to watch and is a great playmaker sometimes, but I just can't believe Jones-Drew got screwed by a few Sportscenter plays and VY riding his teams coattails and media giving him all the credit.

it is amazing. what baffles me more is that people actually voted him ROY....voted him! i can't believe that many media people thought he deserved it. they obviously didn't watch the games...

samikeyp
01-06-2007, 10:35 AM
The VY love is bad but the hate is ok?

To say he was the only choice for ROY is ignorant....to say he was not an option for the award is equally ignorant.

Jones-Drew made a great case, Young made a great case, Reggie Bush made a great case. Young got picked, that doesn't mean others didn't do enough to be considered.

The lack of objectivity on this board is amazing.

samikeyp
01-06-2007, 10:36 AM
it is amazing. what baffles me more is that people actually voted him ROY....voted him! i can't believe that many media people thought he deserved it. they obviously didn't watch the games..

maybe they did...but just don't agree with you.

This is you not hating on Young, right. :)

johngateswhiteley
01-06-2007, 11:05 AM
maybe they did...but just don't agree with you.

This is you not hating on Young, right. :)

...a bit touchy perhaps? Sami, i expect more from you my friend. does deeming someone not worthy of an award = hating on them? .....no, thats an insane thought process. just b/c i think others should have won AND some people on this board agree....does not mean vyoung is dog shit. it just means we think others were more deserving. thats it.

granted, there may be some haters...but there aren't many. btw, how come no posters are refuting pistons<spurs post where he details how vyoung had little to do with the titans 8 wins?....oh thats right, its cause he is correct.

i will admit to this....i do hate all the ridiculous attention vyoung is getting, b/c he doesn't deserve it and it is taking away from more deserving individuals. but i never root for him to fail and when he actually did play well i came ON THIS BOARD and gave him props. but the bottom line is he played poorly most of the season.

leemajors
01-06-2007, 11:35 AM
granted, there may be some haters...but there aren't many. btw, how come no posters are refuting pistons<spurs post where he details how vyoung had little to do with the titans 8 wins?....oh thats right, its cause he is correct.

before VY started, they sucked royally. when he began starting, the team started playing better as a whole, and all his teammates say he is a great leader on every team he has ever been on. his stats may not be that great, but he was the catalyst for their turnaround. i don't see how you can argue against the way he affected his team. vince young's teams find a way to win football games.

samikeyp
01-06-2007, 12:10 PM
not touchy at all, my friend....that is why there was the smiley face..but the fact that you brought that up makes me think you are being touchy when in reality you know I was messing with you. :) (see there it is again)

But just because you say Young is not deserving of the attention does not make it fact, just like if I say he does, doesn't make it fact.

To answer your question, no. Just because someone thinks someone doesn't agree with an award winner automatically makes that person a hater, just like if someone agrees with the award winner doesn't mean they are a homer.

Pistons<Spurs is of the opinion that Young had little to do with his teams success, I am of the opinion that he did. Who is right? Neither. Who is wrong? Neither. Both of those statements are opinions and therefore by definition cannot be right or wrong.

My point is this. There are people on this board and fans off this board who are incapable of being objective. You know this to be true because you have seen it against your USC guys. Vince Young could throw for 4000 yards, run for 1000 more, throw 50 td's to 1 INT and some will still say he sucks for the sole reason that he went to UT. Matt Leinart could do the same and some would find a reason to denigrate him for the sole reason that he is a Trojan. You had talked about how its stupid to talk smack about a good team who lost a tight game to another good team....how smart is it to base smack on a pro player based on what his college was?

I disagree with you that Young played poorly most of the season. Doesn't mean you are stupid or wrong...doesn't mean I am either...its just a difference. To me, he did plenty of things to help his team win and, to me, winning is all that matters. Someone may disagree but that is cool...that is what makes all this fun. :toast

LB7
01-06-2007, 02:58 PM
not touchy at all, my friend....that is why there was the smiley face..but the fact that you brought that up makes me think you are being touchy when in reality you know I was messing with you. :) (see there it is again)

But just because you say Young is not deserving of the attention does not make it fact, just like if I say he does, doesn't make it fact.

To answer your question, no. Just because someone thinks someone doesn't agree with an award winner automatically makes that person a hater, just like if someone agrees with the award winner doesn't mean they are a homer.

Pistons<Spurs is of the opinion that Young had little to do with his teams success, I am of the opinion that he did. Who is right? Neither. Who is wrong? Neither. Both of those statements are opinions and therefore by definition cannot be right or wrong.

My point is this. There are people on this board and fans off this board who are incapable of being objective. You know this to be true because you have seen it against your USC guys. Vince Young could throw for 4000 yards, run for 1000 more, throw 50 td's to 1 INT and some will still say he sucks for the sole reason that he went to UT. Matt Leinart could do the same and some would find a reason to denigrate him for the sole reason that he is a Trojan. You had talked about how its stupid to talk smack about a good team who lost a tight game to another good team....how smart is it to base smack on a pro player based on what his college was?

I disagree with you that Young played poorly most of the season. Doesn't mean you are stupid or wrong...doesn't mean I am either...its just a difference. To me, he did plenty of things to help his team win and, to me, winning is all that matters. Someone may disagree but that is cool...that is what makes all this fun. :toast

Nice post. I don't think JGW will ever grasp the idea of objectivity. I have come to terms with the fact that no matter what VY does, JGW will never call him a freakin' good player. He has not helped them win more than a couple games? Oh Lord. Weird...when Matt Leinart's Cards lose, its not his fault cuz his team sucks. When they win, it was the greatness of Leinart. When Vince's Titans lose, its because he has sucked. When they win, he didn't have much to do with it if anything at all. And, its real funny hearing a USC, Reggie Bush, and Matt Leinart fan complain about hype and media bias surrounding another player. Quite ironic.

KB24
01-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Congratulations Vince Young
Well Deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight On

johngateswhiteley
01-06-2007, 10:45 PM

lol, not touchy...just explaining. glad you could see my point, though....some cannot. fwiw, i will be in line to give vyoung props when he has a good season...but i really thought he was below average for a rookie QB.

btw, opinions can be proven right...and while neither is necessarily right or wrong, we have stats to back it up. and of course wins are all that matter, but we are discussing WHO is responsible for those wins and it wasn't vyoung but a couple at most.

samikeyp
01-06-2007, 11:33 PM
but we are discussing WHO is responsible for those wins and it wasn't vyoung but a couple at most.

Which, again is an opinion, not a fact. However, I do understand where you are coming from, I just don't agree. IMO, he did enough to help his team win games. Just my .02, I think this is going to be an "agree to disagree" situation.

stretch
01-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Nice post. I don't think JGW will ever grasp the idea of objectivity. I have come to terms with the fact that no matter what VY does, JGW will never call him a freakin' good player. He has not helped them win more than a couple games? Oh Lord. Weird...when Matt Leinart's Cards lose, its not his fault cuz his team sucks. When they win, it was the greatness of Leinart. When Vince's Titans lose, its because he has sucked. When they win, he didn't have much to do with it if anything at all. And, its real funny hearing a USC, Reggie Bush, and Matt Leinart fan complain about hype and media bias surrounding another player. Quite ironic.
OWNED. lol

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 02:34 PM
...when are they moving vyoung to WR?

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 02:35 PM
...when are they moving vyoung to WR?

:lol :lol

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 03:03 PM
they should move vyoung to WR before fans get their hopes too high...though, thats already too late.

what am i thinking, he doesn't have the speed or quickness for WR. better make it TE.

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:12 PM
they should move vyoung to WR before fans get their hopes too high...though, thats already too late.

what am i thinking, he doesn't have the speed or quickness for WR. better make it TE.
You've got diarrhea of the mouth; constipation of the ideas.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Cracks me up that JGW still pisses you guys off for saying stuff like that.

KB24
01-10-2007, 03:21 PM

UT Fans are easily rattled.

Fight On

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Cracks me up that you guys think im pissed when I use a lame-ass insult like that.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 03:29 PM
UT Fans are easily rattled.

Fight On

It's all Texans, not just UT fans.

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Some day you will find yourself - and wish you hadn't.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Some day you will find yourself - and wish you hadn't.

See. Way to prove my point. Texans can't resist.

By the way, which bumper sticker did you read that from?

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 03:39 PM
You've got diarrhea of the mouth; constipation of the ideas.

thats cool, but when are the titans moving vyoung to TE?

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:41 PM
See. Way to prove my point. Texans can't resist.

By the way, which bumper sticker did you read that from?
If we were to kill everybody who hates you, it wouldn't be murder; it would be genocide!

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
thats cool, but when are the titans moving vyoung to TE?
You bob for apples in the toilet... and you LIKE it!

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
If we were to kill everybody who hates you, it wouldn't be murder; it would be genocide!

Easy there Chief. Your googling of catchy insults is just too much for me to take.

That Bud Light "way too proud of Texas guy" commercial was made in your honor wasn't it?

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 03:43 PM
You bob for apples in the toilet... and you LIKE it!

...thats cool too, but when are they moving vyoung to TE?

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Easy there Chief. Your googling of catchy insults is just too much for me to take.

That Bud Light "way too proud of Texas guy" commercial was made in your honor wasn't it?
You got a face only a mother could love...unfortunately she too hates it!

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:44 PM
...thats cool too, but when are they moving vyoung to TE?
I know you're not as stupid as you look. Nobody could be.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
What does this all have to do with UT being so average?

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:46 PM
What does this all have to do with UT being so average?
Absolutely nothing. Other than the fact that Vince Young took a very average team, and beat "the greatest team in the history of college football".

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Absolutely nothing. Other than the fact that Vince Young took a very average team, and beat "the greatest team in the history of college football".

Man, you are livng in the past. Last I looked the best team in college football is Florida.

samikeyp
01-10-2007, 03:49 PM

Easy there friend, not all of us. :)

Besides....to quote my new friend KB24

Hey, you Texans are Objective, Smart, Humble, Open People.

Actually....it was me. :lol

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Man, you are livng in the past. Last I looked the best team in college football is Florida.
well, this thread is about Vince Young, is it not? but if you are talking about this year, then yea, Texas is quite average. they have a QB that put up very impressive stats in Colt McCoy, especially for a freshman, and they still didnt come close competing for a NC. it shows how much VY truly carried that team.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 03:57 PM
well, this thread is about Vince Young, is it not? but if you are talking about this year, then yea, Texas is quite average. they have a QB that put up very impressive stats in Colt McCoy, especially for a freshman, and they still didnt come close competing for a NC. it shows how much VY truly carried that team.

McCoy is going to kick ass in two years. Dude was good for any college quarterback, let alone as a Freshman.

I'm actually a UT fan, not a die hard or anything, but one of the few colleges I actually root for. I was just fucking with you.

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:58 PM
McCoy is going to kick ass in two years. Dude was good for any college quarterback, let alone as a Freshman.

I'm actually a UT fan, not a die hard or anything, but one of the few colleges I actually root for. I was just fucking with you.
yea, i know man. but yea, McCoy is going to be great. he really has a bright future.

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 03:59 PM

hmm....

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:01 PM
hmm....

I know JGW, this goes against everything you know of me. But remember, I'm not watching college football again until I see a playoff system implemented.

So don't worry about it.

mardigan
01-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Name another rookie with more tds than Vince this year, and in 13 games. And how many games would the Titans have won if Kerry Collins had played the whole year, 3? Maybe 4? Bottom line is the team has confidence in Vince and he gives his team confidence that cant be measured in stats. I know his stats like completion percentage, int, and things of that nature werent that great, but he gives his team a chance to win every game. Shit, how much better would the Cardinals have been had Vince been on that team, probably in the playoffs. Drew Bennett and Brandon Jones<Fitzgerald and Boldin. MJD could have won, Colston could have won, but niether of those players were on a team that was surounded by the lack of talent that Vince had on his team.And people that say wins dont count dont understand the basic principles of team sports I guess.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Name another rookie with more tds than Vince this year, and in 13 games. And how many games would the Titans have won if Kerry Collins had played the whole year, 3? Maybe 4? Bottom line is the team has confidence in Vince and he gives his team confidence that cant be measured in stats. I know his stats like completion percentage, int, and things of that nature werent that great, but he gives his team a chance to win every game. Shit, how much better would the Cardinals have been had Vince been on that team, probably in the playoffs. Drew Bennett and Brandon Jones<Fitzgerald and Boldin. MJD could have won, Colston could have won, but niether of those players were on a team that was surounded by the lack of talent that Vince had on his team.And people that say wins dont count dont understand the basic principles of team sports I guess.

Maurice Jones-Drew had more. He split time.

Next question.

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 04:11 PM
I know JGW, this goes against everything you know of me. But remember, I'm not watching college football again until I see a playoff system implemented.

So don't worry about it.

...you're dead to me.

johngateswhiteley

Next question.

maybe...not so dead.

mardigan
And yeah, Colt McCoy is going to be a stud, Heisman candidate probably next year

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:12 PM
...you're dead to me.

Take that back.

You know I'm on your side in 95% of arguments.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:12 PM
maybe...not so dead.

I can deal with that.

mardigan
01-10-2007, 04:13 PM
MJD, 16 total tds, Vince 19

mardigan
01-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Nothing now?

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:14 PM
MJD, 16 total tds, Vince 19

MJD is a runningback. He split time completely. That means he only played in 8-10 games.

I'm just saying.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:17 PM
J-Ville had the same final record as the Titans and MJD had THREE DIFFERENT QUARTERBACKS playing at different times throughout the season. All three played poorly for much of the year. MJD was the only consistent player on that entire team.

I'm just saying.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:19 PM
I just looked at MJD's stats. Nevermind, MJD completely deserved the rookie of the year.

samikeyp
01-10-2007, 04:20 PM
There were several deserving candidates, of which Jones-Drew and Young were but 2.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:22 PM
166 rushing attempts

941 yds

5.7 yd average

13 Td's

46 rec.'s

436 yds

9.5 yd rec/avg

2 rec. td's

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:22 PM
A 5.7 yards per carry average. That's incredible.

mardigan
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Well what you are saying is wrong, 166 carries and 46 receptions in 16GAMES. Vince only played 13, so the difference would be even bigger had he started all year. I will admit, MDJ was 25th in rushing yards with much less carries than anyone in front of him except for Vick, and had the highest ypc on the list, but HE HAD A GOOD TEAM AROUND HIM. Shit, one could argue that Addai was much more valuable to his team than MDJ

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:24 PM

Next question.
wrong. MJD had a total of 15 TDs. VY had 19. and MJD played all year. VY didnt. that balances out the "split" excuse.

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:25 PM
A 5.7 yards per carry average. That's incredible.
hm... then VY's 6.7 average must be phenominal, eh?

mardigan
01-10-2007, 04:26 PM
MJD also had a kick return td, so he did have 16

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:27 PM
MJD also had a kick return td, so he did have 16
oh yea. my bad.

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 04:29 PM
wrong. MJD had a total of 15 TDs. VY had 19. and MJD played all year. VY didnt. that balances out the "split" excuse.

...geezus. vy is a QB...MJD split time @ RB. i think its quite apparent who was more impressive in the time they played.

in case you cannot figure it out, its MJD by a landslide.

mardigan
01-10-2007, 04:30 PM
When your a change of pace back, and you get most of your carries later in the game, its a little easier to get yards and tds, just ask Marion Barber. And a rookie like Addai didnt have another 1000 yard rusher on his team that other teams had to account for. And that Jville oline is great

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Well what you are saying is wrong, 166 carries and 46 receptions in 16GAMES. Vince only played 13, so the difference would be even bigger had he started all year. I will admit, MDJ was 25th in rushing yards with much less carries than anyone in front of him except for Vick, and had the highest ypc on the list, but HE HAD A GOOD TEAM AROUND HIM. Shit, one could argue that Addai was much more valuable to his team than MDJ

Yes he played in 16 games but look how many carries he had in some of those games. Ah screw it, I'll show you myself:

Vs Dallas: 2 carries
Vs Pit: 2 carries
Vs. Wah: 3 carries
Vs. Hou: 3 carries
Vs. Mia: 5 carries
Vs. Hou: 8 carries
Vs. Ten: 8 carries
Vs. NYG: 9 carries
Vs. Buf: 8 carries

I'm sorry but that doesn't constitute a season full work load for a runningback in the NFL. That's what I meant when I said he only played in 8-10 games.
Oh, and I'm sorry, but Jacksonville is/was not a good team, nor did it have a lot of overly talented players. Shit, they went through THREE DIFFERENT QB's because of poor play and injury. That's not a good team around him.

I'm writing a letter to someone. MJD for OROY.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:31 PM
hm... then VY's 6.7 average must be phenominal, eh?

By that logic, John Elway had a season where he averaged 9 yards a carry.

You can't use yards per carry for a qb, it's a different type of animal. You can however use total yards rushing for a qb, of which you'll get no argument from me that VY is very good at.

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:32 PM
...geezus. vy is a QB...MJD split time @ RB. i think its quite apparent who was more impressive in the time they played.

in case you cannot figure it out, its MJD by a landslide.
Ordinarily people live and learn. You just live.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:33 PM

Stop that, this is a good debate now.

mardigan
01-10-2007, 04:35 PM
You trying to argue that Quinn Grays 22 attempts this seaon constitute 3 DIFFERENT QBS is a weak argument. The Eagles played 3 qbs this year and they are in the playoffs. Im not saying MDJ isnt deserving, I know he is the shit, Im just saying no one did more with less than Vince.

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:35 PM
MJD for OROY.

too bad its too late. VY won OROY. game over.

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Stop that, this is a good debate now.
no.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:37 PM
To me, VY getting rookie of the year was strictly a judgment call not based on statistics. You can't argue that VY's stats were any good, they weren't. They based his award on the fact that he made big plays when they needed him to. But to me, they still only went 8-8 while someone with actual statistics was on an equally bad team.

Everyone says that the Titans weren't supposed to be any good though. Well how many of you had Jacksonville winning anything in your pre-season predictions and yet they went 8-8 as well.

Furthermore, with such a dissapointing season from J-ville quarterbacks, I would think that the runningback position was that much more important then.

I'm just saying.

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 04:37 PM

ordinarily teams that have QBs which cannot make the transition into the NFL, move them to another position.

...the titans prefer not, and put up bottom numbers in comp. % and QB rating.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:38 PM
no.

mardigan
01-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah its impossible to argue ypc with a qb, Vick averaged like 8 and a half, doesnt mean shit. What does though is when you get those runs, and most of Vinces yards came in the second half when it really mattered. Its easy to argue for many rookies this year, so much so that players like ONeil and Addai didnt even get any votes, but its intangibles as much as stats if not moreso, and Vince is just a winner

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:39 PM
To me, VY getting rookie of the year was strictly a judgment call not based on statistics. You can't argue that VY's stats were any good, they weren't. They based his award on the fact that he made big plays when they needed him to. But to me, they still only went 8-8 while someone with actual statistics was on an equally bad team.

Everyone says that the Titans weren't supposed to be any good though. Well how many of you had Jacksonville winning anything in your pre-season predictions and yet they went 8-8 as well.

Furthermore, with such a dissapointing season from J-ville quarterbacks, I would think that the runningback position was that much more important then.

I'm just saying.
they went 8-8... with 5 of those losses being at the hands of Kerry Collins.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:40 PM
If Vince Young wins Super bowls (and he may very well), I'll shut my mouth about the subject.

Until then, my disliking of Vince Young will make me forever and always, a fan of Maurice Jones-Drew.

I'm even thinking of adding another last name for myself.

stretch
ordinarily teams that have QBs which cannot make the transition into the NFL, move them to another position.

...the titans prefer not, and put up bottom numbers in comp. % and QB rating.
I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works.

johngateswhiteley

no, 8 of those losses in the hands of the titans.

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:41 PM
no, 8 of those losses in the hands of the titans.
5 of those losses had Kerry Collins starting at QB... not Vince Young.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:42 PM

I'm giving you the wrong buzzer on this one.

Vs. NYJ 3/4
Vs. SD 7/20
Vs. Mia 0/0
Vs. Dal 14/29
Vs. Ind 10/21

That's a lot of playing time for a guy that didn't play in the first five games.

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 04:43 PM
5 of those losses had Kerry Collins starting at QB... not Vince Young.

uhh, thats great....but 8 of those losses were at the hands of the titans.

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm giving you the wrong buzzer on this one.

Vs. NYJ 3/4
Vs. SD 7/20
Vs. Mia 0/0
Vs. Dal 14/29
Vs. Ind 10/21

That's a lot of playing time for a guy that didn't play in the first five games.
whoops, my bad. i meant the first 3 games, KFC started. and he got the playing time in the SD game because they were getting the shit beat out of them, mainly due to KFC being so shitty early in the game.

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:46 PM
uhh, thats great....but 8 of those losses were at the hands of the titans.
indeed they were. but as a starter, KFC went 0-3. VY went 8-5.

mardigan
01-10-2007, 04:47 PM
McNabb rookie year 49 % pass completions, Palmers 1st year 18 picks, Peytons 1st year 56 % and 28 int, those guys suck too right

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:49 PM
indeed they were. but as a starter, KFC went 0-3. VY went 8-5.

When Jake Plummer was yanked in favor of Jay Cutler, the Broncos were 7-3. Plummer had a higher QB rating then VYoung.

By these accounts, Plummer "just won games" at the same clip as VYoung and had better numbers.

How good is Jake Plummer?

to21
01-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I guess if you guys didn't argue with people without any logic, you wouldn't have a board to post on.

To call out all these dudes on their VY love is almost a crime not to mention the hate.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I guess if you guys didn't argue with people without any logic, you wouldn't have a board to post on.

To call out all these dudes on their VY love is almost a crime not to mention the hate.

Am I the only one that can't figure out who this guy is referring too?

mardigan
01-10-2007, 04:52 PM
QB is the position that takes all the blame for wins or losses, Vince helped turn a team around that was dead last . Most of MJD tds were because Fred Taylor would talke them all the way to the goaline, and MJD, being the 3rd down and goaline rb would then get the carry, same reason Barber had so many tds.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=mardigan]QB is the position that takes all the blame for wins or lossesAgreed

Vince helped turn a team around that was dead last . Agreed, although I think they'll be like the Dolphins were this year, "the hot team at the end of the season that everyone hypes up the next year and they dissapoint".

Most of MJD tds were because Fred Taylor would talke them all the way to the goaline, and MJD, being the 3rd down and goaline rb would then get the carry, same reason Barber had so many tds.
Not with a 5.7 yards per carry average.

johngateswhiteley
Am I the only one that can't figure out who this guy is referring too?

no, i can't either.

i 'think' he is saying for us to call out the vyoung lovers is ironic since we are the haters. thats my guess? but who really knows...

stretch
McNabb rookie year 49 % pass completions, Palmers 1st year 18 picks, Peytons 1st year 56 % and 28 int, those guys suck too right
John Elway threw for 47.5%, 7 TDs, and 14 INTs in his first year. Terry Bradshaw threw for 38%, and 6 TD's and 26 INTs in his first year. Troy Aikman threw for 53%, 9 TD's, and 18 INTs in his first year.

I guess those guys suck too. Oh well...

johnsmith
When Jake Plummer was yanked in favor of Jay Cutler, the Broncos were 7-3. Plummer had a higher QB rating then VYoung.

By these accounts, Plummer "just won games" at the same clip as VYoung and had better numbers.

Sorry to quote myself, but I wanted to bring this up again.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:56 PM
John Elway threw for 47.5%, 7 TDs, and 14 INTs in his first year. Terry Bradshaw threw for 38%, and 6 TD's and 26 INTs in his first year. Troy Aikman threw for 53%, 9 TD's, and 18 INTs in his first year.

I guess those guys suck too. Oh well...

I'm not saying Vyoung sucks. If I've been unclear about that, I'm sorry, it was unintentional. I just don't think he deserved ROY.

stretch
01-10-2007, 04:56 PM

The Broncos also have a MUCH better team. they had one of the top defenses in the league, and many solid offensive weapons. Other than himself, and at times, Travis Henry, who did VY have on his offense to go to?

to21
01-10-2007, 04:57 PM
no, i can't either.

i 'think' he is saying for us to call out the vyoung lovers is ironic since we are the haters. thats my guess? but who really knows...

UR a smart dude!!!

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 04:58 PM
The Broncos also have a MUCH better team. they had one of the top defenses in the league, and many solid offensive weapons. Other than himself, and at times, Travis Henry, who did VY have on his offense to go to?

Denver Broncos: 9-7
Tennessee Titans: 8-8

You don't only win one extra game with a "MUCH" better team.

mardigan
01-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Pulling a Qb because he is hurting your chances of making the playoffs is completely different than putting in a qb with no expectations on a team with no chance of doing anything except getting the first pick. Then leading that said team to within 1 game of the playoffs is amazing. You keep acting like Im putting MJD down, Im not I think he is great, I just think Vinces run with his team, especially considering the 0 and 5 start compared to the Jags 5 and 3 start, was incredible. Both teams were 1 game aaway from the playoffs, which team was supposed to be there

stretch
01-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Denver Broncos: 9-7
Tennessee Titans: 8-8

You don't only win one extra game with a "MUCH" better team.
like you said, they switched from Plummer to Cutler. if the Broncos stayed with Plummer, they are in the playoffs.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 05:03 PM
like you said, they switched from Plummer to Cutler. if the Broncos stayed with Plummer, they are in the playoffs.

Good Point...........don't ever say such blasphemy again though.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Pulling a Qb because he is hurting your chances of making the playoffs is completely different than putting in a qb with no expectations on a team with no chance of doing anything except getting the first pick. Then leading that said team to within 1 game of the playoffs is amazing. You keep acting like Im putting MJD down, Im not I think he is great, I just think Vinces run with his team, especially considering the 0 and 5 start compared to the Jags 5 and 3 start, was incredible. Both teams were 1 game aaway from the playoffs, which team was supposed to be there

I don't think either team was supposed to be there.

johnsmith
01-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Alright fellas. Stretch, Mardigan, JGW, good debate.

I have to run. But I'll say this first, I don't totally disagree with VY being OROY but I don't totally agree with it either.

I think the Titans will be a .500 team again next year and the year after (someone quote this when they win the Super Bowl next year so I can look stupid) and will have to build a team around Vyoung because he's going to get better eventually.

MJD will also get better and look for him to go over 1,500 next season.

Either way........I love NFL Football.

mardigan
01-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Marion Barber averaged about 5 a carry with 16 tds, it doesnt mean I think he would have been that great without Jones, as MJD wouldnt have been the same without Taylor. And its not the end record Bronncos having won 1 more game, its when the wins came. 0 and 5 start vs 7 and 3 start? You cant really believe that the Titans team is as good as the Broncos, I mean come on

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 05:09 PM
UR a smart dude!!!

...except i am not a hater. there is a difference between thinking someone will not make it and hoping they don't make it. i only think he won't make it.

in fact there are times when i am watching vyoung play on the titans and i am almost pulling for him to do well and saying nice play in my head. i don't hate vyoung...thats ridiculous.

to21
01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
no, i can't either.

I didn't get you to say you hated VY? I'm sorry....my mistake.

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 05:24 PM
I didn't get you to say you hated VY? I'm sorry....my mistake.

that was my interpretation of what you thought, not what i think....come one, smart guy.

to21
01-10-2007, 05:28 PM
that was my interpretation of what you thought, not what i think....come one, smart guy.

Didn't I read somewhere you went to college?

Smart guy.

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Didn't I read somewhere you went to college?

Smart guy.

eh, i haven't slept in over 2 days...my bad.

to21
01-10-2007, 05:41 PM
eh, i haven't slept in over 2 days...my bad.

Not a problem.....just messing with you. The hate (even though you say u have none) is all in good fun. I used to like the University of Snotty Children a long time ago.

ESPN ruined it for me.

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Not a problem.....just messing with you. The hate (even though you say u have none) is all in good fun. I used to like the University of Snotty Children a long time ago.

ESPN ruined it for me.

...i can understand that. two reasons:

1. USC has been at the top or near for a very long time (5 yrs)

2. even though SC has been damn good, ESPN did hype them up too much

so yeah, if you're not a USC fan i can understand that.

samikeyp
01-10-2007, 05:49 PM
ESPN did the same with Ohio State and Michigan this year.

The ESPN curse? :smokin

mardigan
01-10-2007, 06:09 PM
And Texas before they lost to K State

timvp
02-02-2009, 12:45 AM
Merill Hoge disagrees with this pick. He would have gone with Santonio Holmes.Good pick.

Dr. Gonzo
02-02-2009, 01:07 AM
And how many games would the Titans have won if Kerry Collins had played the whole year, 3? Maybe 4? Bottom line is the team has confidence in Vince and he gives his team confidence that cant be measured in stats.

:lmao

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Good pick.

Good bump.

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
This thread is a great read, all things considered.

IronMexican
10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Like I said in the easiest poster to troll, it's stretch. Just mention the name Vince Young and he should be here to defend him, cry and call you a fucking idiot.

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 01:28 PM
He already started in another thread.

If Young was a white pocket passer he wouldn't care.

SpuronyourFace
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Time to see what Vince can do.

Unforgivable
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
lol Vince Young

10-12-2009, 02:07 PM
This is just one of many.

There's another from his 2nd year that's just as good.

stretch
10-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Like I said in the easiest poster to troll, it's stretch. Just mention the name Vince Young and he should be here to defend him, cry and call you a fucking idiot.

all ive ever said is that he needs another chance, chode

He already started in another thread.

If Young was a white pocket passer he wouldn't care.

lol is that why i say peyton manning is the greatest QB to play the game? and honestly, i dont think anyone is even close.

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
He'll be starting soon. Then you can see him stink up the place full time.

stretch
10-12-2009, 03:50 PM
He'll be starting soon. Then you can see him stink up the place full time.

kinda like snead already is?

lol mccoy >>>>>>>> snead

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Or when he continues where he left off, which is playing like shit, will his fans just blame the receivers again?

stretch
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Or when he continues where he left off, which is playing like shit, will his fans just blame the receivers again?

lol coming from a guy that makes more excuses for dirk than anyone on this site (and im as big of a dirk fan as anyone)

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 04:01 PM
In an NFL thread, you've managed to bring up college ball and the nba. Good going.

Enjoy your Vince Young. What's the odds of them winning 4 games this year, Titan fan?

stretch
10-12-2009, 04:12 PM
In an NFL thread, you've managed to bring up college ball and the nba. Good going.

Enjoy your Vince Young. What's the odds of them winning 4 games this year, Titan fan?

not my fault you are incapable of doing anything other than trolling (which you steal other peoples jokes for about 98% of your trolling as well, instead of trying to be original)

the only time you post anything that isnt attempting to troll people, is when you get defensive about peyton manning (and marvin harrison more recently), or get defensive about dirk (and get trolled in the process of defending whomever's dick is in your mouth at the time)

:td

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
This coming from a guy who's every post starts with an lol other than when he's riding someone's nuts, whether it be an athlete or someone else. Hell half of your entire post count is directed at Blake and Texas Tech. Real original going after the same poster about the same thing over and over :tu :tu This coming from you is gold. Good going on that one too.

stretch
10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
This coming from a guy who's every post starts with an lol other than when he's riding someone's nuts, whether it be an athlete or someone else. Hell half of your entire post count is directed at Blake and Texas Tech. This coming from you is gold. Good going on that one too.

congrats, you managed to post something that you actually put some sort of thought into, although it still follows the same style as all of your other posts (if you feel threatened, or if the penis currently in your mouth is threatened, you act like a spurfan, avoid the topic at hand, and insult someone that the poster is a fan of)

not to mention you do the exact same things you listed

weaksauce

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-12-2009, 04:29 PM
At first I thought the "lol Colts" "lol Raiders" thing was just a joke, I didn't know Dirk and stretch had this much animosity towards one another :lol

stretch
10-12-2009, 04:35 PM
At first I thought the "lol Colts" "lol Raiders" thing was just a joke, I didn't know Dirk and stretch had this much animosity towards one another :lol

lol i have no animosity toward him. he's always been one of my favorite posters here. we both mess with each other alot. i dont think he took any of this one bit seriously. i know i didnt

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Right because busting into any random thread blake has posted in and lol'ing at him and tech until your fingers start to hurt is what it's all about.

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 04:39 PM
lol i have no animosity toward him. he's always been one of my favorite posters here. we both mess with each other alot. i dont think he took any of this one bit seriously. i know i didnt

I'd like to think I didn't

J.T.
10-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Are you two going to fuck or what because I've got a 5:30 tee time.

stretch
10-12-2009, 04:47 PM
lol chargers

stretch
10-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Right because busting into any random thread blake has posted in and lol'ing at him and tech until your fingers start to hurt is what it's all about.

actually its usually the other way around. blake busts into most of my threads to call me an idiot. not sure what made him so obsessed, other than a few lol techs

J.T.
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
actually its usually the other way around. blake busts into most of my threads to call me an idiot. not sure what made him so obsessed, other than a few lol techs

Cool story bro

IronMexican
10-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Blake and stretch are equally gay for each other.

stretch, when you getting you're 360 back? I just sent in mine today so I should be on purtty soon. I haven't played Madden in like 2 weeks.

stretch
10-12-2009, 05:07 PM
i dont play madden, nor have a 360. what are you talking about?

IronMexican
10-12-2009, 05:08 PM
i dont play madden, nor have a 360. what are you talking about?

Then tell Phillip to get his shit fixed.

:lol ATRAIN really thought Phillip and mono were brothers.

monosylab1k
10-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't know what it is but the Colts fans have been big-time douchers for a couple months now. Maybe it's the hot start Manning's having. They think they can go 16-0 or something.

Trust me guys, Manning isn't good enough to go 16-0 or the subsequent 18-1.

monosylab1k
10-12-2009, 05:11 PM
:lol ATRAIN really thought Phillip and mono were brothers.

is that where it came from :lol I have all sorts of ppl PM-ing me "hey tell your brother to get his xbox fixed"

J.T.
10-12-2009, 05:45 PM
I don't know what it is but the Colts fans have been big-time douchers for a couple months now. Maybe it's the hot start Manning's having. They think they can go 16-0 or something.

The Colts will start playing starters for two quarters and tanking games once they get a 1 seed locked up. You know this. If the Colts go 18-1 they'll lose that one game at the end of the regular season.

dirk4mvp
10-12-2009, 05:47 PM

All 2 of us are just going crazy.

It'd be even more epic than 2 years ago if Eli stopped Peyton from going 19-0.

Extra Stout
10-12-2009, 07:41 PM
http://lastrow.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/merrill-hoge.jpg
Hey, Extra Stout, you got any more of those funny one-liners? Who's functionally retarded now, dumbass?