PDA

View Full Version : The Dakota Fanning Award

MajorMike
01-03-2007, 03:49 PM
The Dakota Fanning Award
(To the player the mainstream media fell in love with a LITTLE too quickly)

Winner: Tony Romo: Go read anything written by anyone with a keyboard after that five touchdown Thanksgiving Day performance. There were actual comparisons to Staubach and Aikman. Think everyone jumped the gun a bit too fast on this one? Shameful stuff.

From Foxsports.

01Snake
01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Romo is a joke.

dg7md
01-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Yes let's all take this chance to jump on Romo because now it's the cool thing to do. He came back down to earth, but I believe he'll get back up there, he has a lot of talent. Not to Aikman level but top tier QB level (top 10).

Spurminator
01-03-2007, 06:14 PM
He's a Dallas Cowboy, what's new?

bigdog
01-03-2007, 06:39 PM
dont sleep on him yet. even his own coach said not to expect him in the HOF yet. hes will be consistent,but not awesome all the time.

MajorMike
01-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Trent Difler was consistant, but not awesome all the time. He won a ring. History still thinks he's a chump QB; just like Romo.

T Park
01-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Cracking on Romo is stupid.

Get off of it.

MajorMike
01-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Romo is on crack. He should get off of it.

samikeyp
01-04-2007, 10:22 AM
If its too early to call Romo a savior...wouldn't it be too early to call him a chump also?

johnsmith
01-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Trent Difler was consistant, but not awesome all the time. He won a ring. History still thinks he's a chump QB; just like Romo.

You know, I've used the Dilfer thing on so many occassions for so many different arguments and after I just read your quote it was the first time I've ever thought to myself, "I wonder how Dilfer feels being the standard in which crappy quarterbacks are measured". He's a hero for all 3rd string QB's in the league and until someone worse comes along and wins a Super Bowl, he always will be.

MajorMike
01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Haha. Great point.

samikeyp
01-04-2007, 12:24 PM
You know, I've used the Dilfer thing on so many occassions for so many different arguments and after I just read your quote it was the first time I've ever thought to myself, "I wonder how Dilfer feels being the standard in which crappy quarterbacks are measured". He's a hero for all 3rd string QB's in the league and until someone worse comes along and wins a Super Bowl, he always will be.

Very good point.

I am sure though, that there are many first string QB's who would love that ring he has.

Dilfer was in the perfect situation....he didn't have to win the game...he just had to keep from losing it. Can't blame him for that.