PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of this soft ass team

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-03-2007, 06:34 PM
blowing leads, can't get any keys stop, can't hit the big shots

the key players from the 05 title team are ALL BACK, the only difference is now they choke and are soft

in 05 when the Spurs were even CLOSE in the 4th qt we had the win, and if he had a lead going to the 4th it was a wrap. Spurs would dominate the OT games now that never happens

T Park
01-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Then don't watch.

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Then don't watch.

says the person who bailed on the Spurs during the 05 finals

if I want a response from a bandwagon fan I'll give you a call

ALVAREZ6
01-03-2007, 06:44 PM
the key players from the 05 title team are ALL BACK, the only difference is now they choke and are soft
:rolleyes

leemajors
01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
i'm tired of all these soft ass fans.

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-03-2007, 06:46 PM
as a fan I have a right to complain, the character is just not there anymore

it's a sad fact, Spurs are just not hungry anymore

ALVAREZ6
01-03-2007, 06:54 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes

Amuseddaysleeper
you have every right to complain and i understand your anger

but you are about 24 hours too late on this, and most people are pobably somewhat over the loss

Plus, if we beat minny tonight, we can forget about the cavs game until Dallas comes to town

ALVAREZ6
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
01-03-2007, 06:55 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Nazr is gone and was replaced by the Oberto and Elson, and you want to cry about it?

and was Nazr EVER in the game in the final 2min? .............that's what I thought moron

SMH @ your stupidity

Bob Lanier
01-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I think he's :rolleyes ing about Tony Massenburg, Big Dog, and Devin Brown.

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I think he's :rolleyes ing about Tony Massenburg, Big Dog, and Devin Brown.

-devin brown? what impact did he have in those finals? :lol
-Big Dog had one meaningful bucket the entire postseason
-and just LOL @ bringing up Massenburg

face facts, the core is still there and the bench is MUCH better, the only difference now is that the SPurs are soft

MWILL
01-03-2007, 07:08 PM
blowing leads, can't get any keys stop, can't hit the big shots

in 05 when the Spurs were even CLOSE in the 4th qt we had the win, and if he had a lead going to the 4th it was a wrap. Spurs would dominate the OT games now that never happens

Since your tired of your soft ass team, Why don't you become a Mavs fan.:lol

We have a special on EX-SPUR fans.
You can now get on the MAVS bandwagon at half price. :lol
THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM!

And to the current Spur fans I don't think your team is soft.
They're struggling but not soft.

Leetonidas
01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Your complaining about losses in January dumbass. I wouldn't really call anyone on this team soft, because Tim Duncan, though he whined like a douche last night, can play out of his mind when it counts (see Western Semis 2006).

So if you're tired of them, STFU and watch a different team. They had a bad night, but Tony, Tim, Manu, Horry, Finley, Barry...these guys are not soft.

Funny how you don't have shit to say when they win 5 in a row or beat Utah by 20 or something.

Leetonidas
01-03-2007, 07:15 PM
They're struggling but not soft.

Exactly.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-03-2007, 07:16 PM
What month is it, bitches?!!

Axl Van Dam
01-03-2007, 07:20 PM
:toast Have faith. The Spurs will get better as the season progresses and retain the Championship. :toast

T Park
01-03-2007, 07:21 PM
says the person who bailed on the Spurs during the 05 finals

if I want a response from a bandwagon fan I'll give you a call

I have never bailed on my team.

SequSpur
01-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Pop plays to many white guys.

duncanchick21
01-03-2007, 07:36 PM
thank axl van dam for you positive thought I STILL BELIEVE GO SPURS GO!! GUYS IT WOULDN'T BE BASKETBALL WITHOUT THE LOSSES!!

ALVAREZ6
01-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Nazr is gone and was replaced by the Oberto and Elson, and you want to cry about it?

and was Nazr EVER in the game in the final 2min? .............that's what I thought moron

SMH @ your stupidity
:lmao :lmao :lmao

That's great man, you just seem to make up my mind for me...talk about a moron.

You are about 173% OFF on reading my mind.

ALVAREZ6
01-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Your complaining about losses in January dumbass. I wouldn't really call anyone on this team soft, because Tim Duncan, though he whined like a douche last night, can play out of his mind when it counts (see Western Semis 2006).

So if you're tired of them, STFU and watch a different team. They had a bad night, but Tony, Tim, Manu, Horry, Finley, Barry...these guys are not soft.

Funny how you don't have shit to say when they win 5 in a row or beat Utah by 20 or something.
Whoever the dumbass is who tried to talk for me, read this fucking post you jackass.

It's fucking January. Who gives a fuck. The team struggled, so fucking what.

The only thing that matters for the Spurs is that they make the play-offs and enter the play-offs healthy. I don't give a shit if the Spurs enter the playoffs as the 8th seed, as long as they're in, they're in, because that's when the games really matter. Being the #1 seed with the best record doesn't guarantee championships, not even conference final appearances, as demonstrated in the 06 play-offs.
The Spurs don't need to peak right now, they need to peak when the games count. And calling the Spurs soft is pretty stupid. If you consider Manu,Tony, or Bruce soft, you're not too smart. Tim Duncan showed he isn't soft in the 06 play-offs. As a matter of fact, it was the best basketball I've seen from Duncan in recent years. He dominated.

When are some people gonna learn that the regular season doesn't count? The NBA season is 82 games long. An 82-game season is pretty stupid when you think about, I don't know who decided to have so many games, but it takes away from the intensity overall. A season with around 50 games would be better in my opinion. Back to backs are stupid, players don't rest as much, more injuries occur, and your average NBA game doesn't sell out. As a matter of fact, in many arenas, the games are half empty. If there were less games, each game would be more important, more people would be packed with a wild crowd, and the regular season would be more exciting. And since the NBA regular season is 82 games long, each individual game isn't very important.

So when it all comes down to it, stop bitching and saying the stupidest things I've heard about the Spurs and realize that the games count for real in the play-offs.

sprrs
01-03-2007, 08:15 PM
There is a big difference between being soft and not giving a damn. The Spurs right now don't give a damn. Whch is why you should be HAPPY that they've been losing. They'll wake up once they start losing too much.

DubMcDub
01-03-2007, 08:21 PM
There is a big difference between being soft and not giving a damn. The Spurs right now don't give a damn. Whch is why you should be HAPPY that they've been losing. They'll wake up once they start losing too much.

Ahh the old "be happy that your team is losing" argument. :lol

sprrs
01-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Ahh the old "be happy that your team is losing" argument. :lol

I'm happy with a few losses during the season as long as it means those problems are exposed and addressed before May.

Spurs Brazil
01-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm tired of Oberto, he can't even play in the bad Brazil league

Ronaldo McDonald
01-03-2007, 09:07 PM

Tony, Tim, Finley, and Barry are soft. I am a Spurs fan and I will admit this. It is true. Being soft is not not why they have won championships and its not how they have won championships. They have won because they execute their plays. But they have not won more championships because they are soft. It is the ONE thing that stops them from being consecutive champions. But some Spurs fans refuse to admit that the Spurs are soft because they look at what the Spurs have, instead of what they could (should) have.

When they win 5 in a row, they are soft, but when they lose 5 in a row it is because they are soft.

ALVAREZ6
01-03-2007, 09:45 PM
When they win 5 in a row, they are soft, but when they lose 5 in a row it is because they are soft.
the fuck?

KB24
01-03-2007, 09:46 PM
:lol Soft

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2007, 09:55 PM
do the spurs come with fries?

Ronaldo McDonald
01-03-2007, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=ALVAREZ6]the fuck?[/QUOT

what do you not understand?

the Spurs are soft; always have been, always will be (with the current team).

Even so, they have won, and may even continue to win (championships).

But, they have not won it as many times as they could have on account of their "softness".

SpursWillOwn
01-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Put me in the list of "Tired of Spurs being soft" and "Tired of Spurs' pre-mature ejaculations and not closing out games"

ALVAREZ6
01-03-2007, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=ALVAREZ6]the fuck?[/QUOT

what do you not understand?

the Spurs are soft; always have been, always will be (with the current team).

Even so, they have won, and may even continue to win (championships).

But, they have not won it as many times as they could have on account of their "softness".
You're one line that I quoted made no sense. And don't even bother trying to explain it.

veronicamae
01-03-2007, 10:46 PM
1 more back-to-back loss after too little, too late.

soooo tired of this b.s.

Ronaldo McDonald
01-03-2007, 10:48 PM
You're one line that I quoted made no sense. And don't even bother trying to explain it.

It doesn't make sense? I just read it, and it makes perfect sense.

You're confusing me, are you serious? :wtf

When the Spurs are not executing they can't pull it off most of the time:

Soft + Execution = WIN

Soft + NO Execution = LOSS

It's really an easy concept

SpursWillOwn
01-03-2007, 10:55 PM
can some of these posters here just go straight up to our spurs players and drill some sense into them? cause the way this team plays now really embarrasses me

smeagol
01-03-2007, 11:00 PM
All you soft fans fucking suck.

SpursWillOwn
01-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Quit sneaking around smeagol.. Can't fans be disappointed with a team, they support so wholeheartedly, being so undermotivated and lose close games? I truly don't see the aggressiveness of this team. Unless you would include pop charging at the ref.

BERSERK
01-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Quit sneaking around smeagol.. Can't fans be disappointed with a team, they support so wholeheartedly, being so undermotivated and lose close games? I truly don't see the aggressiveness of this team. Unless you would include pop charging at the ref.

No shit. Most fans would love to trash other fans if they begin to criticize the team. The spurs need a different view from a fresh perspective.

bigfundamental21
01-03-2007, 11:16 PM
i'm tired of all these soft ass fans.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-04-2007, 10:48 AM
another damn OT loss to one of the WORST teams in the NBA

trades need to be made

G-Money
01-04-2007, 11:26 AM
another damn OT loss to one of the WORST teams in the NBA

trades need to be made

The wovles arn't that bad of a team. They got a better record then I expected them to have.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
as a fan I have a right to complain, the character is just not there anymore

Yep, you do.

And I have the right to call you a bandwagon fan and to tell you to get the hell off the boards and away from SBC, because we really don't need any bandwagon fans. Save that for the LA and NY teams. Honestly. Things are going bad and you bail? THAT'S a perfect example of soft.

Tony, Tim, Finley, and Barry are soft.

HAHA. Wow. Please tell me the last time you took a shot from Rasheed Wallace, Billups, or Big Ben in the middle of a championship basketball game.

What's that? Your pansy ass would probably crumple to the floor and never want to play basketball again afterwards? Meanwhile OUR players took it to the most physical defense in the league -- and won a title? Isn't that something?

I love the hypocrisy. Maybe if our players started wearing bling and talking about the hood they grew up in with 9s strapped to their waist they'd be considered a little tougher in your eyes.

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Yep, you do.

And I have the right to call you a bandwagon fan and to tell you to get the hell off the boards and away from SBC, because we really don't need any bandwagon fans. Save that for the LA and NY teams. Honestly. Things are going bad and you bail? THAT'S a perfect example of soft.

I've been a fan since the 80's so the last thing I need is some idiot who became a fan when Duncan gets drafted to tell me the type of fan I am

I love the Spurs, but this squad is soft, but it will never stop me from being their biggest fan

looks like you should just jump on the Suns or Mavs bandwagon you dumb ass

Cry Havoc
01-04-2007, 02:02 PM
I've been a fan since the 80's so the last thing I need is some idiot who became a fan when Duncan gets drafted to tell me the type of fan I am

I love the Spurs, but this squad is soft, but it will never stop me from being their biggest fan

looks like you should just jump on the Suns or Mavs bandwagon you dumb ass

You're the one who started a thread stating you were tired of this team. Don't want to be called a bandwagon fan? Don't get pissy when we have a rough patch and start calling for trades and new coaches, because if that's not a bandwagon fan, at the very least it's a disloyal one. This is NOT the first time we've had these kind of problems. Of course, you probably conveniently forgot about those times, since you tend to doubt our team so readily.

Very pithy retort, by the way. It really strengthens your argument that you are so loyal to this franchise when you show such class.

dg7md
01-04-2007, 02:22 PM
I just want them to wake up. I love this team too much to give up during the first 3 months of a season, but once this team goes on a long win streak like the Suns and Mavs have done, I will be convinced we have what it takes.

Right now they are just doing bad closing-out games. But that game last night... Minnesota was just ON, all game. They came ready, we didn't. 23-10 is still an excellent record, but they'll have to step it up big now that they're 3 games behind Dallas.

This just further shows we need someone who can penetrate, and long distance shooting only works half the time to win you a game. Something has to be done to solve the problem of penetration, Ginobili and Parker do it, but none of them cause enough damage to go to the line too much consistently.

After seeing our holes I really still believe we need to get Maggette or some other player who can prove to be valuable because right now this team as constructed hasn't shown me that they can play with the top-tier teams. Maybe it's because of Elson's injury that has started this overall downfall.

We lost THREE home games total during our 04-05 run, but we lost FIVE home games already this year. :pctoss

Cry Havoc
01-04-2007, 03:00 PM
I just want them to wake up. I love this team too much to give up during the first 3 months of a season, but once this team goes on a long win streak like the Suns and Mavs have done, I will be convinced we have what it takes.

Right now they are just doing bad closing-out games. But that game last night... Minnesota was just ON, all game. They came ready, we didn't. 23-10 is still an excellent record, but they'll have to step it up big now that they're 3 games behind Dallas.

This just further shows we need someone who can penetrate, and long distance shooting only works half the time to win you a game. Something has to be done to solve the problem of penetration, Ginobili and Parker do it, but none of them cause enough damage to go to the line too much consistently.

After seeing our holes I really still believe we need to get Maggette or some other player who can prove to be valuable because right now this team as constructed hasn't shown me that they can play with the top-tier teams. Maybe it's because of Elson's injury that has started this overall downfall.

We lost THREE home games total during our 04-05 run, but we lost FIVE home games already this year. :pctoss

Agreed. Completely.

itzsoweezee
01-04-2007, 03:32 PM
This is NOT the first time we've had these kind of problems. Of course, you probably conveniently forgot about those times, since you tend to doubt our team so readily.

that's where you're wrong. very, very wrong. i've never seen a spurs team get progressively worse as the season goes on - that's what's happening here. it's time to face reality, the spurs are playing horribly. and that's too bad since they have the personnel to win a championship.

Cherry
01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm tired of Oberto, he can't even play in the bad Brazil league

Oh!...bad example :lol

41times
01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
The problem with the Spurs is that their bench and role players have gotten old and their skills are declining. The big 3 is still big. But the rest are average or below average now. And that is why teams like the Mavs are passing the Spurs.

sprrs
01-04-2007, 04:49 PM
that's where you're wrong. very, very wrong. i've never seen a spurs team get progressively worse as the season goes on - that's what's happening here. it's time to face reality, the spurs are playing horribly. and that's too bad since they have the personnel to win a championship.

This is also the first time they feel entitled to a championship. Like you said, they have the personnel to win the trophy, but they're playing like it doesn't matter, that they can just coast through the season and probably the playoffs. Once they realize that this level of play won't get them crap, then they'll be a team to watch.

ALVAREZ6
01-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Soft + Execution = WIN

Soft + NO Execution = LOSS

So in mathematical terms, the softs can be factored out and you are basically saying:

Execution = WIN

NO Execution = LOSS

Well you're one genius, lemme tell you.

I think this applies to most teams in any sport.

MWILL
01-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Face it Spur fans your team is declining. It happens to all teams that win championships. Be prepared for the "rebuilding era" it happened to the Lakers & Bulls, and it will happen to the Spurs. Be prepared for the ol' Domique days in San Antonio. I think the Spurs will be OK this year but, After this season that light might dim a little more.

KB24
01-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Face it Spur fans your team is declining. It happens to all teams that win championships. Be prepared for the "rebuilding era" it happened to the Lakers & Bulls, and it will happen to the Spurs. Be prepared for the ol' Domique days in San Antonio. I think the Spurs will be OK this year but, After this season that light might dim a little more.

HELLZ YEAH

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ALVAREZ6
01-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Face it Spur fans your team is declining. It happens to all teams that win championships.
This is true.

I wouldn't say that the Spurs are declined fast or anything, or drastically, but they are NOT as good as the 05 team. I thought last season was a really good opportunity for the Spurs to repeat, considering once they were to pass the Mavs, they would have an easier Western Conference Finals and beating Miami wouldn't be as tough as beating Dallas. I like how the Spurs match up against Miami.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2007, 08:19 PM
HELLZ YEAH

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's a sweet sig, but don't plan on beating us in the playoffs anytime soon. A declining Spurs team (if that's what's happening) will still be good enough to take out the rest of the NBA, minus one or two squads with whom it will be close. Your Laaaaaaakers still haven't reached that point yet. Sorry*. ;)

* I'm not really sorry.

Ronaldo McDonald
01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
So in mathematical terms, the softs can be factored out and you are basically saying:

Execution = WIN

NO Execution = LOSS

Well you're one genius, lemme tell you.

I think this applies to most teams in any sport.

My God.

All I am trying to say is that if they did not depend entirely on their execution to win games, they would win games in which they don't execute on both sides of the floor, BUT because they are soft, when they are not executing, they simply just plunder, and have no other ways to win. It's exactly why they lost to the Laker several years ago; the game in which Fishers hit his lucky shot was a stab in the gut for them, and they lost as a result. But they WERE the better team, in fact they were by many considered the best team in the league. They should not have lost. But they did. Why? Because they didn't have the mental toughness (they were soft) and, as I said before this is what keeps them from winning 2,3,4 championships in a row. They do not have to execute to win, they just lack the toughness, both physcially, to impose their will on the opposing team, and mentally, to not dwell on the unfortunate events (such as fishers shot), and move along.

I merely stated what I thought was the obvious. Your turning into a math problem.

When people come on here and they say, "The Spurs lost because they did not execute", they obviously mean that on a general level they did not execute in a partuclar area or maybe both areas, it could mean defensively, it could mean offensively, or it could mean both. But even if the Spurs did not execute, there were without any doubt plays that they did execute, they just went unnoticed as a result of the heavy burden of the loss.

Have you ever heard anyone say the "Spurs did not execute" in an area(s), even though they won? Generally, they may have played bad say, offensively, but what if the game (that may decide that the outcome of a series) is won by one point, by a three point shot from say Robert Horry, who had went 5/30 prior to that one shot? The Spurs, as a team still did not execute, generally speaking, but that one single play, does it change that fact? And, was the one three pointer decided purely by execution or was it decided by mental toughness that allowed him to ingore his terrible shooting percentage in the heat of the moment of the winning shot? It is toughness; and from a general perspective it was this one instance of mental toughness by this one single player that allowed the Spurs to win a bad offensive game, and not to mention Robert Horries individual struggles from behind the arc.

That is just one case of NOT executing as a team and STILL being able to come away with a victory as a result of mental toughness (which is something that this current team has not shown)