PDA

View Full Version : The Cisco Kid

SenorSpur
01-03-2007, 09:39 PM
While watching the Spurs struggle again defensively and watching Garnett pull Duncan away from the basket, it occurred to me: Does this team really miss the Cisco Kid - Francisco Elson?

This is not the say that Frankie is the 2nd coming of D-Rob or anything like that. It's just that he could take some of the defensive assignments such as Donyell Marshall (CLE) and Mark Blount and/or KB (Minn).

Thoughts?

Kori Ellis
01-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Francisco sucks defensively, but they probably miss his length somewhat.

By the way, did anyone see his horrible acting or whatever you want to call it in the Ancira commercial?

That might be the worst showing by a Spurs player in a commercial ever.

Buddy Holly
01-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Is Little Robert the son of Robert Horry?

timvp
01-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm not exactly counting down the days until Elson's return. Although Oberto is making it harder and harder to justify his place in the rotation. Tonight he got lit up by KG and then couldn't hit a layup.

MannyIsGod
01-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Oberto will be out of the rotation when Elson comes back. There's no way he's anything but the worst big at the moment.

T Park
01-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Elson starts. Is in there to run.

Bonner first big off the bench.

Butler, SHOULD, be takin Oberto's place, but Im sure that wont happen.

Budkin
01-03-2007, 11:49 PM
I don't get why Pop is so damn stubborn. Butler played last year but all of a sudden isn't good enough to play this year? WTF

SenorSpur
01-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Remember it was the FO decision to go with the bigs that have.

For the record, I agree with the criticism of the bigs. That being said, why doesn't Pop insert Butler for some choice minutes.

Why didn't the FO pickup that FA guy Justin Williams, who what putting up big number for Sactown's D-League team? At least this guy could have given spot minutes hitting the boards and swatting shots.

The Spurs do not have a presence in the middle and teams are really carving them up, as a result.

SenorSpur
01-03-2007, 11:56 PM
I don't get why Pop is so damn stubborn. Butler played last year but all of a sudden isn't good enough to play this year? WTF

It does make one "scratch their head". Pop rotations SUCK

timvp
01-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Talking about Franny. He needs to get on the court and get out of the commercials.

He's had plenty of time to heal. He should be out there Friday.

:hat

Amuseddaysleeper
01-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Part of me wishes that these guys are just bored during the regular season which explains their sloppy uninspired play

but I don't think that's the case

Budkin
01-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Is he playing on Friday? Anyone heard anything?

T Park
01-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Part of me wishes that these guys are just bored during the regular season which explains their sloppy uninspired play

but I don't think that's the case

Part of me wishes youd just jump off the bridge and end your own misery.

Good god.

timvp
01-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Is he playing on Friday? Anyone heard anything?

Not sure but supposedly you get a free Spurs sports bag if you buy an RV.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Part of me wishes youd just jump off the bridge and end your own misery.

Good god.

Part of me wishes you actually had something decent to say as oppose to trying to be the team's' #1 homer b/c of your 04-05 jumping of the bandwagon but hey

we all make mistakes

stretch
01-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Not sure but supposedly you get a free Spurs sports bag if you buy an RV.
LOL

T Park
01-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Part of me wishes you actually had something decent to say as oppose to trying to be the team's' #1 homer b/c of your 04-05 jumping of the bandwagon but hey

we all make mistakes

I never jumped off the wagon.

If you believe that bullshit, then your a sap.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Is Little Robert the son of Robert Horry?

If so, it's good to see that Robert Horry got past his days as a teenage pimp to become the player he is now recognized as.

alamo50
01-04-2007, 12:32 PM
By the way, did anyone see his horrible acting or whatever you want to call it in the Ancira commercial?

That might be the worst showing by a Spurs player in a commercial ever.

How the heck did Elson get in a commercial???

:lol

And by the way, what happened to Oberto's stellar play from the 1st month of the season?

:wtf

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I think I'd go Elson (when he's back) and Butler at the center spot.

Let Jackie get acclimated when there's still some regular season left. Once again, we stink at center this year. Butler's probably our best prospect at the position since DRob retired.

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2007, 01:10 PM
How the heck did Elson get in a commercial???

:lol

And by the way, what happened to Oberto's stellar play from the 1st month of the season?

:wtf

sorry, it aint butter...